Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    pretty much enjoying the new site at this stage

the search function fix is great, a big fan of the way Pm's organise better now, so no need to look back through hundreds of messages to find one from a certain person....
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,547
    pdalowsky said:

a big fan of the way Pm's organise better now, so no need to look back through hundreds of messages to find one from a certain person....

how so? mine don't seem to be organized in any fashion.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,676
    imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

a big fan of the way Pm's organise better now, so no need to look back through hundreds of messages to find one from a certain person....

I think he means how there isn't an individual post for each PM sent by the same person under the same subject line. All messages with the same subject line and with the same person are grouped into one post now..... I also find this very useful, now that I'm used to it. I mean, the chain of emails was always in each message, but there was still a separate message for each new one as well before, which actually was annoying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

I think he means how there isn't an individual post for each PM sent by the same person under the same subject line. All messages with the same subject line and with the same person are grouped into one post now..... I also find this very useful, now that I'm used to it. I mean, the chain of emails was always in each message, but there was still a separate message for each new one as well before, which actually was annoying.
    OK. not to be an ass but...........whoopdeefuckingdoo

;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

;)
    Ha, yeah, I know..... I am trying to stay positive here. I'm starting to feel upset about how negative everything is recently! I think at this point it is up to each of us to try and get the mood back on track!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

;)
    Ha, yeah, I know..... I am trying to stay positive here. I'm starting to feel upset about how negative everything is recently! I think at this point it is up to each of us to try and get the mood back on track!
    I hear ya. It just seems this less than pleasing format is causing good folks to bail.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

;)
    I hear ya. It just seems this less than pleasing format is causing good folks to bail.

I know. I don't get it. I thought it was the people here and the communication that really mattered, not the format of the forum.
    :-/
  • Options
    northjersey78northjersey78 Mount Laurel, NJ Posts: 80
    First impression...aesthetically I think it is awful...light on light colors, no alignment of forum categories and the teal blue color is horrible.
    8/12/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 9/8/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/14/03, 10/1/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/24/08, 6/27/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/20/10, 9/12/12, 10/21/13
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,079
    edited January 2014
    Anyway we can add animated gifs on the new message board?

*edit. I got it working. :)
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Finally able to post here again after 3 weeks of not being able to get on. I threatened to cancel my 10 c membership and finally some action was taken. :)
  • Options
    Glad you are back, E.K.!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

;)
    Well said PJ_Soul... I have noticed your efforts to bring back the positivity and fun. We all should thank you! I've adjusted to the new forum even without installing the fixer script. It's starting to feel "homey" again. I really don't think too many have bailed permanently. We all take a break now and then.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    i enjoy too how are the pm at the new forum...i lost most of them,so its more easy to find whats left of them now
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

i enjoy too how are the pm at the new forum...i lost most of them,so its more easy to find whats left of them now

why now u not bitching Backspacer?

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

;)
    Well said PJ_Soul... I have noticed your efforts to bring back the positivity and fun. We all should thank you! I've adjusted to the new forum even without installing the fixer script. It's starting to feel "homey" again. I really don't think too many have bailed permanently. We all take a break now and then.
    I'm happy to be here with you good people!
    :)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I merely meant that if I wanted to find a message from a member from 7 months ago - I don't have to scour throw hundreds of PM pages to find it like a needle in a haystack,. I can simply locate the persons username and scroll. That's pretty neat for me. and that's what I referred to as Tidy. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but for all the pissing, moaning and whining in this thread I thought it would be nice to interject with a little comment to the good.

nevermind.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

;)

I know. I don't get it. I thought it was the people here and the communication that really mattered, not the format of the forum.
    youd think wouldn't you?

Ive noticed also those who kept saying they wouldn't be here anymore due to the change are very active still.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    pdalowsky said:

I merely meant that if I wanted to find a message from a member from 7 months ago - I don't have to scour throw hundreds of PM pages to find it like a needle in a haystack,. I can simply locate the persons username and scroll. That's pretty neat for me. and that's what I referred to as Tidy. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but for all the pissing, moaning and whining in this thread I thought it would be nice to interject with a little comment to the good.

nevermind.

ofcourse doesnt work for everyone,for exable to read the last pm of roger about PJ_Soul holy gail,i need to pass all the rest 1500 conversations we had with all the previous holy grails..

and some are active cos love this place and after 10 updates from that mike work and ONLY on this ,we have different font,other letters,and zoom at 150% to read it..
    doesnt change the fact that the forum is still hard to read ,the white thing is a killer,the other forums are dead,and i was visiting all daily and i know what im saying,so many data lost,dont get me started with the facebook -gossip- activity crap..
    what do u expect,?to cheer up and do parades cos afte 25 days they fix tthe search and edit button??\
    give me a break Paul..
    now let me go ofline cos i create too much traffic being here
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    woooooahhhhh Dimitris, this is by no means personal or about any specific people, just the general theme of this thread.

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    pdalowsky said:

pretty much enjoying the new site at this stage

the search function fix is great, a big fan of the way Pm's organise better now, so no need to look back through hundreds of messages to find one from a certain person....

Yip, I'm happy with the new layout. To be honest I've forgotten the old layout now.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I'm still not real happy with it, but i'm starting to adjust a bit more now.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ok so i don't care for facebook AT ALL... big, evil, sellin your info to the banksters, and letting every idiot have access, these aspects (plus rampant negativity) drove me away from FB years ago. it was very lightly implied that i wouldn't gain full confidence among the rank and file here until FB friends. does anyone have any thoughts on this? i will rejoin FB to join this amazing community but only if i have to lol

@brianlux and @pdalowsky kudos to the positivity campaign!!!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

nevermind.

I agree. :) Not everything is going to work for everyone, but after a little period of adjustment I think most people will feel okay (I know some people lost PMs and stuff, and that really sucks, but still, we move on). I feel like i've been coming off as some kind of hysterical weirdo trying to convince people to try and feel more positive about things, lol.... I was getting worried for a bit there. But i think you're right, people are starting to come around with the help of Mike D88's scripts and just a little time. I think by mid February this will all be behind us until the next time 10c decides to mess everything up, Hahaha. :P

• Options
    rgambs said:

ok so i don't care for facebook AT ALL... big, evil, sellin your info to the banksters, and letting every idiot have access, these aspects (plus rampant negativity) drove me away from FB years ago. it was very lightly implied that i wouldn't gain full confidence among the rank and file here until FB friends. does anyone have any thoughts on this? i will rejoin FB to join this amazing community but only if i have to lol

@brianlux and @pdalowsky kudos to the positivity campaign!!!

I don't think FB is necessary at all if you're not into it. The great majority of communication between members still happens here on the boards. I wouldn't worry about it if i were you.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Good to see the search feature finally working.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

;)

I'm not necessarily "good folks" but I've pretty much bailed. And PJ_Soul, of course I still love the people here and want to talk to them but it's like the decor of your favorite bar being redecorated by aliens who breath through their assholes. Every now and then I may still drop by to say what's up but I can't hold my breath for very long.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

pdalowsky said:

;)

I'm not necessarily "good folks" but I've pretty much bailed. And PJ_Soul, of course I still love the people here and want to talk to them but it's like the decor of your favorite bar being redecorated by aliens who breath through their assholes. Every now and then I may still drop by to say what's up but I can't hold my breath for very long.
    Well I'll miss you most of all Scarecrow. :(

(nah, i've got your number and shit, lol. But it's still really too bad - you have the best posts! The forum is worse off without you around. Thanks a lot 10c. >:P )
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    At this point I'm very dialed into Mikes latest script and I was a doubter. Highly recommended- easy to read, looks great, easy to navigate. Thanks again Mike! :)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Old forum come back ! I have distracted myself with all of these smilies rather than getting up to date….I know - be fluid- flexible is too rigid-stay positive, but this new stuff is mind intensive or bright on the eyes and small... <:-P :bz 8-X :-O :-@ [-X :-@
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    edited January 2014
    The new forum makes me feel like my 66 year old mother who does not adapt well to new technology.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1