Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

This is how I feel the new forum was presented.

Haha :))
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    I'm using this forum a lot less now since they made the changes. Can we please have the old layout back? :-<
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

I was going to agree with you but when he went from the first room into the second and then third? I said that is too much.

;)

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,382
    I've been using the scripts in this thread to make the forums usable. I really like the classic forum one. Makes the forum almost look like it used to:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Navigating the forum makes me feel like I am trying to walk straight and purposeful in a bounce house.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,920
    Zod said:

I've been using the scripts in this thread to make the forums usable. I really like the classic forum one. Makes the forum almost look like it used to:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1

The scripts are excellent. I'm using the Legacy. It's made all the difference for me!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 369
    edited March 2014
    Let's be honest, it's been this way for a good couple of months now, the problems with the interface are obvious and have been stated over and over - doesn't look like anything is going to change.
    Post edited by alexross42 on
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Let's be honest, it's been this way for a good couple of months now, the problems with the interface are obvious and have been stated over and over - doesn't look like anything is going to change.

Seems that way

Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741

image Pretty much!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

PERFECT
    :))
  • Options
    The features suck. All they did was take away. So what if a you tube video can be embedded. That seems like the only benefit. Furthermore, the embedding of a youtube video WAS ALREADY an available add on the site that they used to have. "mobile view"...... also available as an add on to the site they USED to have. The extremely sad truth is that this site is simply dirt cheap as fuck in comparison.

ENJOY!
  • Options
    So who is pocketing the savings? First they upped the $20 membership to $40, as if we wouldn't notice, and now they give us a stupid juvenile novice "community" platform.

Stupidity. Where's Ed. Does he even know, I wonder?
  • Options
    Again, posting in this vanilla platform feels like I'm in one of those dreams where I'm in slow motion, trying to run and going no where.

What a sad state of message board affairs, this "pearl jam" outfit is.....

• Options
    rollings said:

So who is pocketing the savings? First they upped the $20 membership to $40, as if we wouldn't notice, and now they give us a stupid juvenile novice "community" platform.

Stupidity. Where's Ed. Does he even know, I wonder?

This

• Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Wow, had not been around for a few weeks... What happened to "if it aint broke, don't fix it"? Was it broke? Apparently a lot of people didn't think so. I never noticed all the requests for Forum changes... Bye for now, off to rest these old eyes...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I still fucking hate it. And as long as this thread lingers around, I'll post this every month or so.
  • Options

I still fucking hate it. And as long as this thread lingers around, I'll post this every month or so.

Haha couldn't agree more

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    the smiley faces suck too. i meant to put the "thumbs down" one here but it is nowhere to be found.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,177
    Still don't like new forum at all and seems nothing is gonna change. I don't come here nearly as often.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    edited March 2014

the smiley faces suck too. i meant to put the "thumbs down" one here but it is nowhere to be found.

:-q (bottom row, fifth from the right ;) )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    rollings said:

The features suck. All they did was take away. So what if a you tube video can be embedded. That seems like the only benefit. Furthermore, the embedding of a youtube video WAS ALREADY an available add on the site that they used to have. "mobile view"...... also available as an add on to the site they USED to have. The extremely sad truth is that this site is simply dirt cheap as fuck in comparison.

ENJOY!

I do like the private messaging better in the new forum.
  • Options
    I had a nice collection of PMs. Now there is no way to navigate through them. I liked my inbox, outbox, drafts, and not yet picked up box.

They took so much away, I feel like I'm in a bubble when I come to the site.

They did team up with a bubble gum quality host, so it's no wonder!
  • Options
    MMMmmmmm. gum.
  • Options
    Aside from the unexpected change to the forum we will survive.
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182

fifth right bottom :-q - here's to the immediate responses to our complaints from the eager to help board.
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    They must still be upgrading cause every time I log into my account I keep getting the "We're over capacity" screen. I don't have any problems viewing the board on my smartphone, but on my desktop PC, it always happens.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,633
    I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times but why, why, why oh 10C did you make these disastrous changes and why won't you change back? I was just telling a non-PJ fan, last night, how the 10C has basically driven most of "our" people away for no conceivable reason. The 100s of people who helped me thru some real bad stuff have mostly jumped ship. I am so grateful to know these people but the "community" here is dying everyday. Why, Kat???
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    No more logging in daily to check on my pj peeps. Logging in from time to time to see if anything has changed. Nope. See ya in month or so to recheck. Blergh.
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,920
    It seems pretty fucking obvious from reading the last several posts (written by long-time, mindfully intelligent and astute members) that this new forum layout totally sucks. The legacy script has made reading the forum easier for me personally but not everyone is able to use it and besides, why should we need to download something extra to make this site more usable when it was more usable before the change- especially, as it has been pointed out, when the cost of admission has gone up? No one wants to pay more for a new product that is in all most all respects inferior to the old one which was less expensive to begin with.

With all due respect, 10C, it's time to listen to your long time faithful supporters, fans and friends and own up to the fact that the new layout was a mistake and fix it, PLEASE!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    @imalive, @loolooloo, @‌brianlux - my sentiments exactly
    pretty fucking obvious indeed. change it back. everyone is gone.
    i miss how this place used to be. :(

Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...