Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Lizard said:

i can't get into this forum . such a shame. Always went with the prior changes.....

Eleven thousand fucking three hundred and thirty one posts, Mods! Even long-time posters like Lizard are unhappy with the new format. Please make this place good again!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Brian, a bunch of updates were made with the greasemonkey thing last night, and it's even better now. I suggest you check it out again. It looks really great now! :) If it still doesn't work for you, well...... not sure that anything except the old forum will! ;)

Thank PJ_Soul but I did the downloads earlier today and I really didn't find it any better. Yeah, the old forum would do fine but I'm 99.99% sure that won't happen. This one could easily be made better if our comments here are heard (not sure if that's happening though.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I installed the script from that other thread, and it is much more eye friendly. Large, actual readible font, and a nice dark grey background. It's not that hard. But it is sad that we have to install a script do make it more comfy.
  • Options
    Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    I only go on the forum on my iphone via the StatTrackr app and since the update this morning I can cope with it so much better now.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    brianlux said:

Lizard said:

i can't get into this forum . such a shame. Always went with the prior changes.....

Eleven thousand fucking three hundred and thirty one posts, Mods! Even long-time posters like Lizard are unhappy with the new format. Please make this place good again!
    holy hell...when did I get so many.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Lizard said:

brianlux said:

Lizard said:

holy hell...when did I get so many.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

;)

ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,625
    norm said:

rollings said:

Dear Pearl Jam,

Nice forum you have going here, I'm being sarcastic

Are you, the band, really so trusting that you have no idea that YOUR fan club doesn't give a shit about YOUR fans.

Is there no oversight on part of the band as to the amount of complaints voiced in a thousand ways ?

Does Pearl Jam really not give a crap that its own fan club doesn't give a crap?

I am just wondering

Go ahead and kick me out of the "CLUB" if anybody feels that this is necessary. It seems to be a reasonable way of dealing with complaints.

Maybe I'm walking on thin ice, but in my opinion the forum already sunk

Sincerely,

rollings

:))
    I am happy Norm hasn't completely bailed yet. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Just noticed that i have 2 "points" in my profile. What do points mean??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    PJ_Soul said:

That you are winning!
    :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,768
    49 pages of suggestions, complaints, and requests
    0 pages of acknowledgments, solutions, and justifications

When will people with ability to do something about the site getting involved with this discussion?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168

49 pages of suggestions, complaints, and requests
    0 pages of acknowledgments, solutions, and justifications

When will people with ability to do something about the site getting involved with this discussion?

just for the record,a small detail,cos with the new forum,not all are familiar or notice..
    49 page at the new forum,means 98 pages at the old one....new forum has 30 comments per page,old had 15 per page..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    I did get a message from kat that she will miss my cheeto-stealing seagull!!! that is something... ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    CJMST3K said:

PJ_Soul said:

That you are winning!
    :)
    Sweet!
    :P
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Points = strikes. BE CAREFUL PJ_Soul! image

• Options
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Lol! Well it would be nice if they would say something when they do that, because i have NO clue why i would have received naughty points!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Lol! Well it would be nice if they would say something when they do that, because i have NO clue why i would have received naughty points!

LOL

I don't seen points anywhere in my profile, just the basics plus a very blurry image of my avatar. Maybe it's time to change it... or get new glasses. Or is this another part of the new Pearl Jam "we'll fuck with your vision" Format. LOL!

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Think points were only there for a few hrs. People had to give you a sort of thumbs up to a post.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Think points were only there for a few hrs. People had to give you a sort of thumbs up to a post.
    Thanks PD. Yeah, i asked Kat and she confirmed those are just points (thumbs ups) from those few hours when they had the like/dislike feature up. I guess it's not so easy to take the count out of our profiles after the fact. I feel bad that my first instinct was to assume it was about some kind of punishment by the mods, lol.
  • Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    Sorry for this stupid question but when I'm on the forum, I can't see the first letter at the left side for all the pages. Can you help me? Someone have that too?

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    Anyone know why I can't bump a thread?

I tried several ways to bump.... "Post a pic or gif to show how you feel about the new forum" but it never went to page 1.
    I found it on page 6 and posted 3 times to see if it would move with no luck.

Am I missing something? :-?

• Options

I tried several ways to bump.... "Post a pic or gif to show how you feel about the new forum" but it never went to page 1.

It didn't bump for me either.... there must some kind of glitch.
  • Options
    I think it's fixed now.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    ok 49 pages......does anyone know if any of this is going to get corrected? I would just like to be able to decipher which thread is which! The "look" of this new forum is VERY hard to read and follow....please Sea or Kat are there any answers yet??? Is this how its going to look or will it change???
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I've noticed a few people posting in bold and it seems easier on the eyes...I've already "ctrl +" jacked up the font size, but maybe its the actual font that blows because its too skinny?

I've noticed a few people posting in bold and it seems easier on the eyes...I've already "ctrl +" jacked up the font size, but maybe its the actual font that blows because its too skinny?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    silver39 said:

ok 49 pages......does anyone know if any of this is going to get corrected? I would just like to be able to decipher which thread is which! The "look" of this new forum is VERY hard to read and follow....please Sea or Kat are there any answers yet??? Is this how its going to look or will it change???

Again, go here - helps so much:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1

Sorry I keep posting this. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. I'm just thinking that if people are still justifiably complaining about the look of the site and how hard it is to read, I have to assume they have not been made aware of this fix!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

I think it's fixed now.

not really.

i don't care how this place looks... without search it might as well be facebook.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

I think it's fixed now.

not really.

i don't care how this place looks... without search it might as well be facebook.

They're working on it. Kat confirmed that they are.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it's fixed now.

not really.

They're working on it. Kat confirmed that they are.

cool beans.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168

I think it's fixed now.

=)) =)) =)) ...hilaire!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182

I think it's fixed now.

=)) =)) =)) ...hilaire!!
    I think the Mods are using this dictionary:

fixed
    fɪkst/Submit
    adjective
    fastened securely in position.

synonyms: fastened, secure, fast, firm, stable;
    antonyms: temporary

predetermined and not able to be changed.

synonyms: predetermined, set, established, allotted, settled, prearranged, arranged, specified, decided, agreed, determined, confirmed, prescribed, decreed;

image We are doomed... imageimage
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.