I think it's fixed now.

=)) =)) =)) ...hilaire!!
    they meant the pic or gif thread

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    PJ_Soul said:

silver39 said:

ok 49 pages......does anyone know if any of this is going to get corrected? I would just like to be able to decipher which thread is which! The "look" of this new forum is VERY hard to read and follow....please Sea or Kat are there any answers yet??? Is this how its going to look or will it change???

Again, go here - helps so much:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1

Sorry I keep posting this. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. I'm just thinking that if people are still justifiably complaining about the look of the site and how hard it is to read, I have to assume they have not been made aware of this fix!
    Thanks but I use IE so any help for me there? Is it just me or does nothing stick out anymore. It all blends together :-(

"I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,619
    edited January 2014
    silver39 said:

PJ_Soul said:

silver39 said:

ok 49 pages......does anyone know if any of this is going to get corrected? I would just like to be able to decipher which thread is which! The "look" of this new forum is VERY hard to read and follow....please Sea or Kat are there any answers yet??? Is this how its going to look or will it change???

Again, go here - helps so much:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1

Sorry I keep posting this. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. I'm just thinking that if people are still justifiably complaining about the look of the site and how hard it is to read, I have to assume they have not been made aware of this fix!
    Thanks but I use IE so any help for me there? Is it just me or does nothing stick out anymore. It all blends together :-(

The help would be in abandoning IE. It's the worst browser out there probably. I recommend that you make the change. ;) And then everything will look great. This fix for firefox and chrome completely takes care of your complaints about the forum.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    KateA said:

I think it's fixed now.

=)) =)) =)) ...hilaire!!
    I think the Mods are using this dictionary:

fixed
    fɪkst/Submit
    adjective
    fastened securely in position.

synonyms: fastened, secure, fast, firm, stable;
    antonyms: temporary

predetermined and not able to be changed.

synonyms: predetermined, set, established, allotted, settled, prearranged, arranged, specified, decided, agreed, determined, confirmed, prescribed, decreed;

image We are doomed... imageimage
    Excellent post!! That deserves a triple laughing man on mushrooms:

:)) :)) :))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Why now you don't stop bitching?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Hi. This sucks.

"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    edited January 2014

rollings said:

I just love the forum tips thread.

There's one post and it says chage your own f*cking settings.

wow, thank you ever so much

As i said so many times..nothing will change...and i laugh so hard with people telling me to give it time..
    you can edit your post..and add your birthday only u can see..thats all folks...all the rest lost or will not get better..suck it..and have a nice day...
    and im pretty sure even the mods having hard time working with this new forum....
    must be hard working and think is snowing to your computer cos of too much white,searching where is what and how to find it.
    Hahahahah, that would be some poetic justice...

Ps: my eyes are still hurting...

Post edited by fortyshades on
  • Options

rollings said:

As i said so many times..nothing will change...and i laugh so hard with people telling me to give it time..
    you can edit your post..and add your birthday only u can see..thats all folks...all the rest lost or will not get better..suck it..and have a nice day...
    and im pretty sure even the mods having hard time working with this new forum....
    must be hard working and think is snowing to your computer cos of too much white,searching where is what and how to find it.

Ps: my are still hurting...

Haven't you heard? http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1

:)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rollings said:

Haven't you heard? http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1

yeah, I did actually. But until I don't get to my personal computer I am not going to download anything on my employers laptop. Besides, I think it is odd we have to download extra software, created by a fan, to make this place more readable...
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Wow...I wasn't aware anyone here used the "Search Function" anyway...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Is there a search function? I can't find it in the blinding blue...
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

rollings said:

yeah, I did actually. But until I don't get to my personal computer I am not going to download anything on my employers laptop. Besides, I think it is odd we have to download extra software, created by a fan, to make this place more readable...
    Oh, it's totally odd, but whatever works!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rollings said:

I actually tried the down load again and it does look better but it leaves out the listings on the side, especially "participated" which I like because sometimes I don't recall where I've been. (Yeah, hey, whoa- no "senile old man" jokes there, LOL!!) Any way to fix that?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited January 2014

There is, but it doesn't work yet i don't think.
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rollings said:

I actually tried the down load again and it does look better but it leaves out the listings on the side, especially "participated" which I like because sometimes I don't recall where I've been. (Yeah, hey, whoa- no "senile old man" jokes there, LOL!!) Any way to fix that?
    Yes there is - go to the malarky thread and it's discussed there. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rollings said:

Tried it again but didn't like having to switch back and forth between pages just to see "participated". Still hoping 10C makes the "official" format more readable. Thanks anyway, PJ_Soul!

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    Is there an email address to send issues? With the search functionality not working yet, I think I found a new one although I'm not reading through 50 pages to see if someone brought it up yet. My wife and I both have memberships. We share a computer at home. She logged me off and logged on to check her PMs and it was still my PMs and me in the forums but when she went to SHOP, it was her account and info. Good thing nothing in my PMs is bad for her to see since she accessed them all LOL. So basically she can post on the forums as me LOL but not her. I hope the answer is not that we have to clear our cache or cookies each time one of us wants to log in and post and then log out for the other person. Thank you
  • Options
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rollings said:

Tried it again but didn't like having to switch back and forth between pages just to see "participated". Still hoping 10C makes the "official" format more readable. Thanks anyway, PJ_Soul!

For anyone wondering, that issue has been fixed now too. I should think that the only complaint left is related to how a 10C member had to take the time to do this for us rather than 10C itself doing it.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    hey 10c, I still fucking hate this shit for a forum. you guys obviously don't give a fuck about what the paying customers like it want.
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    edited January 2014
    The search works now...
    Post edited by kg162716 on
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    kg162716 said:

The search works now...

The search works now folks!!!!
  • Options

kg162716 said:

The search works now...

The search works now folks!!!!
    Sweet!
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I see that the New look Forum still remains
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    "Wake up, young man. It's time to wake up...
    Slow suicide's no way to go."
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168

"Wake up, young man. It's time to wake up...
    Slow suicide's no way to go."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ve_u6Cia9I
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rollings said:

For anyone wondering, that issue has been fixed now too. I should think that the only complaint left is related to how a 10C member had to take the time to do this for us rather than 10C itself doing it.
    I agree, PJ_Soul. Mike The Fixer did an awesome job here. 10C should pay him for his time- at the very least, comp his next membership renewal.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    on a serious note.....the people on this board (or, in some cases, formerly on this board) have helped me thru some very, very tough times....it seems this crappy new format is driving people away....this really pisses me off in that I consider many of these people as good friends and this online community is falling apart.

I hope i can still get together with my online friends at PJ concerts but if this place withers and dies, we will surely lose touch. it's a damn shame to destroy something so good just because of someone's misguided belief that a change was needed. please fix this disaster or give us back our old forum!!!!

and...P.S.....I know "mike the fixer" did an awesome job but some people are uncomfortable modifying scripts, etc. and "the fix" needs to come from the 10C
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

on a serious note.....the people on this board (or, in some cases, formerly on this board) have helped me thru some very, very tough times....it seems this crappy new format is driving people away....this really pisses me off in that I consider many of these people as good friends and this online community is falling apart.

I hope i can still get together with my online friends at PJ concerts but if this place withers and dies, we will surely lose touch. it's a damn shame to destroy something so good just because of someone's misguided belief that a change was needed. please fix this disaster or give us back our old forum!!!!

and...P.S.....I know "mike the fixer" did an awesome job but some people are uncomfortable modifying scripts, etc. and "the fix" needs to come from the 10C

Oh man, for sure. It's not right that people should feel put off but the forum changes. This is the best on-line community a person could ask for and to diminish it is just wrong. I hope 10C reads you post!

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    The search function works finally!?

"Yeah, but what happened to the Dufrenes? No one seems to care. Who can eat at a time like this? People are missing! You f*kers are selfish! The Dufrenes are in someone's trunk right now. With duct tape over their mouths! And they're hungry. That's a double whammy. We need help. Bush, search party of three! You can eat once you find the Dufrenes!"
    -Mitch Hedberg
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516

The search function works finally!?

I'll be damned....it does! =D>

It's a start but there is still much work to be done

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    I get it, it's evolution, baby.....now please fix Pearl Jam Radio! [-O<
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!