Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited January 2014
    doom_pony said:

don't you just click on the image icon and then paste the image address?

Cheers DP but it's not working for me.
    imageimage
    Just puts a funny little box & that's if I use the photobucket URL or the IMG code. :(
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    morello said:

doom_pony said:

imageimage
    Just puts a funny little box & that's if I use the photobucket URL or the IMG code. :(
    You're using the wrong link, you should use the code next to HTML on the Photobucket page:
    photo 20140106_172638.jpg
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited January 2014
    Roeland said:

morello said:

doom_pony said:

imageimage
    You're using the wrong link, you should use the code next to HTML on the Photobucket page:
    photo 20140106_172638.jpg
    Ahhh, ok, thank-you. I've changed my photobucket now to give the html code not the img code. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    edited January 2014
    Post edited by moretonbayfig on
  • Options
    ...so after a long weekend, I wonder: was it the same kind of "drama" after the last re-launch I experienced? mhmm, I can't quite remember as I live in the present tense since too long now...
    However, after having followed the happeneing for a few days, it gives some sort of insight into communities and people - for the good and unfortunately also for the sad-

Well, I made up my mind about the new site by now and it is like this:

PRO:
    - I am really happy that all my old pm's are back - sweet memories occur and I think of loved ones (hippimom, Eva7) again... uhhh good old times ;) but now it is all new and further developed and that is good, too, especially with the call from the past...
    so I have all my pms back and I wonder, if others kept just a bit too much space for a public area and that this might be the reason for the big loss... so, I sum up: maybe with the re-launch all is even now? - same space for everyone? - just a thought.

- and after getting used to the site a bit, I know I can handle it (also the editing limitation -. who wants to change the writing or opinion after an hour anyway? o.k. the setlists... but hey hey, SEA does a wonderful job already )
    So I won't leave here, still!

CONTRA:
    - after a while the "white white" indeed hurts the eyes and causes a headache.. maybe some improvements could be done here
    - although I hardly use facebook the new site reminds me to it (and the feature of posting on personal walls ect. confuses a bit). So I would repeat my comment from last week: I hope the site gets unique as it always has been and not a copy of something we try to avoid by coming here!!

and to sum up my opinion about all this:
    THANK YOU KAT for staying cool, patient and always nice.. you really rock and my trust in TC is proven now...
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    I posted this in another thread. So, I'll post this here. :)

Viewing the new message board on the PC, there is a few things that need to be changed, but not a whole lot. There are a few things they added that are great too. Here's some advantages and disadvantages, on the PC.

Using Windows XP. FireFox 26.0 on 1024x768.

- We can post url links to images and not have to shrink them down to size to fit on the board. That's great! Instead of the old 640x480 limit previously.

- We can post YouTube clips which is about time. Not sure if other formats like Vimeo and many other Flash based player video's can embed their clips here.

- We have drafts!! http://community.pearljam.com/drafts . About time!! Say your posting a long speech. Power goes out? You refreshed? You hit the forward or back button? No worries! Every few seconds the board saves your text in the background.

- Text could be a little bit bigger. And yes, we all know we can fix that with our web browser. Try it! But it's the website that should make it user friendly so all can view it without any zooming and changing their browser's setting viewing experience. Plus a thicker black text would be much better.

- Viewing the board, the background is white. But when we reply, the background text color is a light beige color. Would love that color as the viewing board default.

- It's great we can view the board with the option now to not view signatures. Thank GOD! Last board version, I wasn't able to do that for some reason. http://community.pearljam.com/profile/signature

- Search button doesn't work. Gotta have the search button working. Gotta find out how well the Sevens Box Sets are doing ...

- Avatars could be a little bit bigger. Yeah I know, click the user name and see a bigger avatar. Cool, so I'm guessing there won't be a change there ..

- Once you log into your 10club account, youhave to log again into the message board. Even if you log out of your 10club account, you are still logged into the message board. Previously, when you log out. You log out of everything. Board & 10club account combined!

Hmm ... What else?

- We no longer can view a members previous post history. Big whoop! I think is great. Cuts back on stalking.

- Popular Tags on the left could go away. What is this, Twitter? Those icons on the left hand side take up lots of space.

- My Discussions link. http://community.pearljam.com/discussions/mine . Pretty cool we get to view all our started threads all in one page. Which is a sweet bonus!

All and all, change is good. This is the new year. Yeah, there will be updates, fixes, changes etc.. Let's hope 10club can help with as much as possible.

D
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    My apologies as 25 pages in, I'm sure this was covered but for obvious reasons, I'm not searching through 25 pages and the search functionality revealed me no results...
    For our PMs - is there no longer an "Outbox" and a "Sent" box? I sent a PM to a user before the forums changed and I'm waiting to see if he read it yet.
    Thanks
    EV
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Ok Im trying to use the search button with no luck....can anyone tell me the name or website that sells flat poster storage? I know people have recommended the artist portfolio things and this is what I am looknig for thanks!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Good post Demetrios. Yes, there are techincal/functional issues but those can be ironed out as a standard but some, in the meantime, can be 'corrected' by the individual. People seem to forget there was also a lot of negativity when the board had a big change last time - the same one that people are crying to go back to!
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    This site is a visual mess. The color scheme is hard on the eyes. There is no visual separation of elements of the pages.

Before 10c launched this, did anyone look at this and not notice this new site is a visual mess!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    edited January 2014
    Anyone has free time go to activity..viva oprah!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

Indeed. image

The worst part is, if you don't know about this, you will probably never check your wall... Tenclub should send people an email with a proper explanation of how the activity / wall thing works. Too many people don't seem to know that the messages they meant to sent privately are to be seen for everybody ...

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,786

Indeed. image

The worst part is, if you don't know about this, you will probably never check your wall... Tenclub should send people an email with a proper explanation of how the activity / wall thing works. Too many people don't seem to know that the messages they meant to sent privately are to be seen for everybody ...

Yes I'm confused about the activity/ wall. I'm almost always on my phone. I guess this is not available in the mobile format, right? I've only had a few minutes to explore from my pc so I guess that's why I don't get it. Someone please enlighten me a bit as I won't have time to get on the pc anytime soon. Anyone can post to my wall? Anything they want and I can't delete it? Is that right? From what I gather some are thinking this is the new pm and are posting private stuff for everyone to see?? If that's right... Yikes! I can hit view full site on my phone but then I really can't see anything.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    I use to participate in these forums on somewhat regular basis I don't think so anymore for the most part unless tik trading or something - new layout is awful - sorry.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options

Yes I'm confused about the activity/ wall. I'm almost always on my phone. I guess this is not available in the mobile format, right? I've only had a few minutes to explore from my pc so I guess that's why I don't get it. Someone please enlighten me a bit as I won't have time to get on the pc anytime soon. Anyone can post to my wall? Anything they want and I can't delete it? Is that right? From what I gather some are thinking this is the new pm and are posting private stuff for everyone to see?? If that's right... Yikes! I can hit view full site on my phone but then I really can't see anything.

When you're on your phone, you can click on "full site" at the bottom, then the full site will be available and you can aso check out the activity section. Yes, people seem to think the message box on peoples' walls is the new PM. It is not. You have to go to Inbox, there are your pms and the option to send a pm to another member. Otherwise, everybody can see it. and there is quite some info out there, email adresses etc ... I haven't checked out if you can see the activity page also when you're not logged in. And yes, if somebody posts something on your wall, you cannot delete it. Only they can.

• Options

When you're on your phone, you can click on "full site" at the bottom, then the full site will be available and you can aso check out the activity section. Yes, people seem to think the message box on peoples' walls is the new PM. It is not. You have to go to Inbox, there are your pms and the option to send a pm to another member. Otherwise, everybody can see it. and there is quite some info out there, email adresses etc ... I haven't checked out if you can see the activity page also when you're not logged in. And yes, if somebody posts something on your wall, you cannot delete it. Only they can.

Thats why i said lisa this violetes our privacy..
    No need to log in to see the activity..no need to be a member to read everyones profile and wall....cant delete any comment at your profile wall..and if u clik full site..u cant read shit..is like u are at the moon and try to see the color of my eyes while im drinking beers at berlin
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yeah, I hope some things will be fixed. I don't expect them to load the old site again (even though that would be nice). But they seriously have to adjust some things.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

No need to log in to see the activity..no need to be a member to read everyones profile and wall....cant delete any comment at your profile wall..and if u clik full site..u cant read shit..is like u are at the moon and try to see the color of my eyes while im drinking beers at berlin

Dimi - the activity wall is the same as seeing a post on facebook that is made public (or to friends, or to the groups, etc.). When one writes on the wall here, it is taken as a given that the 'group' is the forum users (similar to a PJ group on FB) or public and can be seen by such group/public. Users need to understand how to use private messaging - there is a post about this. It's probably not the most user friendly wall, but it is a public area and should be treated as such. No privacy here.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    edited January 2014
    To everyone who is complaining about their "privacy" being "violated" on a voluntary, public forum:

I hope you put twice as much energy complaining about the true violation of privacy happening everyday by our lovely DHS, NSA, TSA, NRO, etc.

Call/email your representatives!!!
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/
    http://drunkdialcongress.org/

http://www.businessinsider.com/nrol-39-logo-nothing-beyond-our-reach-2013-12
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I think I just realized another reason why the new format isnt so user friendly.
    I was reading through threads, and the names and avatars are just mixed in with the posts. The way it used to be with names and avatars off to the right was so much easier to quickly identify people. b-(
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    info@tenclub.net

Write them if you really want their attention. They're not gonna read this thread!
  • Options
    redrock said:

Dimi - the activity wall is the same as seeing a post on facebook that is made public (or to friends, or to the groups, etc.). When one writes on the wall here, it is taken as a given that the 'group' is the forum users (similar to a PJ group on FB) or public and can be seen by such group/public. Users need to understand how to use private messaging - there is a post about this. It's probably not the most user friendly wall, but it is a public area and should be treated as such. No privacy here.

At facebok i can choose my friends..i can control my wall..i can delete post at my page..i can block who ever i want..i can control my damn profile amd who see what.i can untag myself etc..
    Here anyony can do what ever they want at my profile page..
  • Options

redrock said:

At facebok i can choose my friends..i can control my wall..i can delete post at my page..i can block who ever i want..i can control my damn profile amd who see what.i can untag myself etc..
    Here anyony can do what ever they want at my profile page..
    If you look back, when I asked Kat about being able to delete posts? She simply said that we now can't. Doesn't look like they're willing to work with their fan base.
  • Options
    I'm wondering if all this is being done to weed out the fan base and not have as much traffic. I know I am here much less time now.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited January 2014

I'm wondering if all this is being done to weed out the fan base and not have as much traffic. I know I am here much less time now.

I'm thinking the same thing.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

I dont think so. What would that accomplish? In the last few years, it has become evident that PJ is more of a commercial money making endeavor. I'm sure they want as much traffic as possible. They have always changed the forums after a few years to just shake them up. I assumed it was to keep things feeling fresh or to make us think we werent paying for something old and outdated. Unfortunately, this time, they didnt do their homework and gave us a shitty format.

Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Perhaps I'm missing something obvious but I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete PM's. Can someone tell me what to do?
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious but I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete PM's. Can someone tell me what to do?

you have to open the individual pm and to the left of it is the delete conversation button

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721

I think you can only delete a full thread of Pms
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I dont think so. What would that accomplish? In the last few years, it has become evident that PJ is more of a commercial money making endeavor. I'm sure they want as much traffic as possible. They have always changed the forums after a few years to just shake them up. I assumed it was to keep things feeling fresh or to make us think we werent paying for something old and outdated. Unfortunately, this time, they didnt do their homework and gave us a shitty format.

Totally agree on your last part, JP. The boilerplate responses so far are a bit disconcerting as well. I know there are real people behind the scenes; where is the real feedback?

I kinda feel like I've been fucked, but the big O passed me by.