Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Ok..i clik at mobile at the end of the page "full site"and now everything is so tiny..anyone know to turn this off and go back to the previus sitiation??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

Ok..i clik at mobile at the end of the page "full site"and now everything is so tiny..anyone know to turn this off and go back to the previus sitiation??

Very bottom left corner in almost unseeable print it says mobile site. Tap that if you can. It's so tiny and right by my browser back button on my iPhone so I keep hitting that instead. You need really tiny fingers and very sharp vision for this skill. Good luck!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    Aafke said:

Change, can surely be good, but I'm not shore that's the case right here. There are some approvals. Like an Avatar that's finally running. But there are also a lot of problems.

Here are my problems:
    1. Background is much to white. Giving me an headache.
    2. Not enough difference between the signature and the post.
    3. Where are the birthdays?
    4. While posting pictures you see part of the description in text of that picture in your post.
    5. I miss the ability to see only a list of the forums you have posted on.
    6. Just 1 hour to edit your posts

I hope these problems will be taken care off.

hi there aafke.

i have jotted down all of your concerns. we will be working nonstop to make this right for you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    YLed2 said:

The enjoyment of this website has significantly deteriorated, and I've already found myself using it less and less because of this format. Not a fan of it and can't say that I will probably ever like it.

Same here. I really do appreciate the increased fuctionality of the mobile site, but this all white with tiny black letters makes my eyes hurt. Unless the powers that be decide to actually listen to the feedback of their PAYING CUSTOMERS and do some tweeking (of which I'm very skeptical they will), I could see myself eventually not coming here at all.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options

I just log in from my phone!!this is so awesome!!!
    I still lost so many of my pm!!
    I still lost my friend list
    I still cant control my personal wall-acrivity and everyone can post whatever with out me doing anything
    I still need to read all.pm.with someone cos there are no tittles at pms
    I still cant edit my comment after an hour
    I still cant delete my last post
    I still can spy the people think they sent pm but actually its all in public
    And its still fuckin white

Oh...almost forget...happy birthday to...ehhhh..nevermind..

This is a nice little laundry list for the developers. Hopefully, they are listening.

One thing - I still don't understand the background complaint. How do you guys read books?
    Reading a book, which letters are not against a screen of white light is different. Those digital e-books like the Kindle (?) all use a dim and different kind of screen than a computer screen for this purpose.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I think we should all invade 10c's email and email them instead of continuing to write here. Because they won't read any of this.
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    pdalowsky said:

KateA said:

Ok, it is annoying not to be able to tell where the post ends and the signature starts. :-q
    I have already started learning some of them by heart....not that I wanted to. ~X(

Turn them off

Makes it much better
    I know I can turn them off, the point is I don't want to have to do it. I used to like them. Adds personality to the post.
    Just make the signatures distinguishable, pleeeeaaaase [-O<
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567

I think we should all invade 10c's email and email them instead of continuing to write here. Because they won't read any of this.

=D>
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    I did just this. The response was very courteous but I was told this is the way it's going to be. So I come here, gripe about how much I hate this new set up, soon feel my eyes getting fatigues trying to read tiny grey print on bright white background (almost all books have a much better contrast between letters and paper) and then leave. I won't be posting here much anymore until this changes which could be years and by then I'll probably give up my membership. Sad sad sad. (Stupid frowning smilie.)
    KateA said:

pdalowsky said:

KateA said:

Ok, it is annoying not to be able to tell where the post ends and the signature starts. :-q
    I have already started learning some of them by heart....not that I wanted to. ~X(

Turn them off

Makes it much better
    I know I can turn them off, the point is I don't want to have to do it. I used to like them. Adds personality to the post.
    Just make the signatures distinguishable, pleeeeaaaase [-O<

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

I just log in from my phone!!this is so awesome!!!
    I still lost so many of my pm!!
    I still lost my friend list
    I still cant control my personal wall-acrivity and everyone can post whatever with out me doing anything
    I still need to read all.pm.with someone cos there are no tittles at pms
    I still cant edit my comment after an hour
    I still cant delete my last post
    I still can spy the people think they sent pm but actually its all in public
    And its still fuckin white

Oh...almost forget...happy birthday to...ehhhh..nevermind..

This is a nice little laundry list for the developers. Hopefully, they are listening.

One thing - I still don't understand the background complaint. How do you guys read books?
    Reading a book, which letters are not against a screen of white light is different. Those digital e-books like the Kindle (?) all use a dim and different kind of screen than a computer screen for this purpose.
    Correct - eBook readers tend to use e-Ink (same fatigue as standard ink), and even their backlights actually refract light so that it's always pointed at the device, rather than the user. White is no problem when it's not projecting its brightness at the reader.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203
    kg162716 said:

=D>
    I emailed them about my lost pms and previous posts when I accidently changed my user name. They said the site techs are working on it and they would get back to me.

Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options

Very bottom left corner in almost unseeable print it says mobile site. Tap that if you can. It's so tiny and right by my browser back button on my iPhone so I keep hitting that instead. You need really tiny fingers and very sharp vision for this skill. Good luck!
    Thanks!!thank God for Blondes with tiny fingers!! B-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

I did the same thing last night, Dimitris. I had looked at the site on my phone and it was much easier to read but I clicked something and now it's microscopic! I'll try fixing it but I really don't want to spend all my time on my phone, just check in sometimes. Some of these new smilies look like they were meant for phones anyway.

Everyone is saying that this new format looks like Facebook. Well, there's a reason I've never gotten on Facebook! Looks like I'm there whether I like it or not.
    ~X(
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Frankie79 said:

kg162716 said:

=D>
    I emailed them about my lost pms and previous posts when I accidently changed my user name. They said the site techs are working on it and they would get back to me.

FYI, one of the site techs is Ed himself, he's currently in the corner looking for the F10 button on his typewriter.....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203

Frankie79 said:

kg162716 said:

=D>

FYI, one of the site techs is Ed himself, he's currently in the corner looking for the F10 button on his typewriter.....
    :)) :)) :))
    Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,857
    since a part of the membership is to be able to post here and they have made this SUDDEN change half way into my membership, I want a partial refund as this isnt what I paid for.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Frankie79 said:

kg162716 said:

=D>

=))
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

Thanks!!thank God for Blondes with tiny fingers!! B-)
    Ahhh! Claudia comes in handy once again!
    :)
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I'm thinking about installing a second browser, tweaking the looks of the website and just using it for the tenclub website... I hardly ever use it on my phone and this tiny font and the colour scheme is making my eyes and head ache. It is not getting better after a couple of days :/ I know that changes always take some time to get used to, but I don't think it was that bad with the last change of the website.
    Please, powers in charge, do something about it. Otherwise, this place might become a desert. Which would be sad.
  • Options
    as far as the only being able to edit for one hour...that will certainly increase the number of for sale threads in lost dogs. i was trying to update original fs posts, now i cant. i liked how we used to be edit at any time, to update which items were pending or even sold. hope tenc can change that back
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    total bummer. I've tried to get used to the new format but it just isn't the same. I still come back to see what's going on, but far, far less frequently. I think you sold out, 10c.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JG49071JG49071 Posts: 77
    If this is an updated version and new, why does it look so generic?
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534

total bummer. I've tried to get used to the new format but it just isn't the same. I still come back to see what's going on, but far, far less frequently. I think you sold out, 10c.

This exactly. The enjoyment of this website and "community" has been totally diminished by this change. Very upsetting that they have already responded to users indicating this is how it's going to be and they will not change it back. Take the shit sandwich politely, eat it, and make sure to ask for seconds. Users of this forum are going to be dropping like flies. In fact, the only reason I keep coming back to is to show my disgust of this new format. I know I will never like this new format and will never get used to it. And I don't complain about things on here or about 10c much at all, but this is a mess. They have to realize what they have done and the overwhelming dislike of this change, but I don't think they really care. Hopefully they didn't shell out too many bucks for this complete undertaking.

Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    2014..watch it.going zombie!!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Mods: Scroll through this thread with sunglasses and magnifying glass and you'll get the picture- this ain't working for us. [insert grade school emoticon]
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I can't see anything on this new forum whatsoever. I get a 404 server error on my desktop, and it won't load on my work computer either. Typing this on my tiny phone screen if it even works. Guess I'll check back in a few weeks, no way I can scroll through everything on here to try to figure out what's going on.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i've gotten used to 10c slowly stripping away member perks
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    How come I can only go to the first unread message in threads I've posted in?

Then I clicked on Mark All Viewed, thinking it would mark the one's that I've viewed. Instead it makes it look like I've viewed every post in every thread! How do I undo it?

Aargh.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

How come I can only go to the first unread message in threads I've posted in?

Then I clicked on Mark All Viewed, thinking it would mark the one's that I've viewed. Instead it makes it look like I've viewed every post in every thread! How do I undo it?

Aargh.

Really?are u sure?i heard that works fine at the new iphonesamsungblaxkberry stupid phone!!!

• Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Guys, I think that changing that bloody blazing background to something usable should be a fairly easy thing for people who deal with that stuff on a daily basis, like few clicks easy. So if the people in charge saw the sheer outrage on this thread and still haven't changed it, that would only mean that they are working hard on some bigger scale improvements, right? Like taking all the hints into account and creating a dream-beautiful design. ;) Let's remain hopeful.
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.