Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    amw101282amw101282 Wisconsin Posts: 185
    Snowblind...reading this is like driving in a snowstorm :-( hopefully this gets changed.
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    I have a Huge Monitor, and the Font is Minuscule. Very Hard to see tiny black letters on a giant field of white. Everything seems to run together.
  • Options
    Maybe this "new forum discussion" should of been done prior to screwing everything up. How difficult would it have been to ask the fans what they would like done to improve the forums?
    After using it for a couple of days I still think these so called upgrades are garbage.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Damn! Where are my snow goggles? (Rubs strained eyes emoticon)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Damn! Where are my snow goggles? (Rubs strained eyes emoticon)

;)) Laughing with you Brian (at least I think that's what that smiley means. :eyeroll:). I feel exactly the same way.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    Really hope they tweak it a bit.......not a fan of this new format at all.
    ajb
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829

I have to agree with Diimitris. I am having so much trouble with this new forum, that I don't even look forward to coming on anymore. It really has taken the joy away for me too.

I'm finally able to log on....... for whatever reason I was unable to stay logged in while in the forum?!
    So far, I think this change sucks..... maybe after I get used to it and figure things out a little better it won't be as bad but I'm really stressed out now.

This can'r be it????
    There has to be more coming to make our user experience better.

I don't even see where the emodicons are?............ I'd sure like to use a few choice ones right now :-(
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    :(( just found them............ >:P ~X(
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    Did somebody forget to pay the bills around here?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Must admit that, bar the 'technical' problems, this site works (and looks!) so much better on my mobile. Even the front page doesn't look as messy.
  • Options
    Im starting to adjust to the changes here but still not a fan. I like the "my discussions" and "participated" inclusions. keep those and go back to the old layout. thats just my opinion anyway
  • Options
    I take a vacation and come back to this? WTF? Most of the left margin is out of view for me and I can't figure out how to get it into view. This will take some adjustments. Anybody know how to find your threads you've participated in?
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    Not sure if anyone else is seeing this ..

Not logged into my account, I don't see any of the sigs on my Blackberry or friends iPhones. Viewing the board, is perfect on the mobile device. Just perfect! No need to zoom in & out. It's amazing, and about time too. But when I view the board on the desktop PC (without being logged in), the signatures are there to view. Weird right? When I log in, I have all the sigs turned off over @ http://community.pearljam.com/profile/signature. THANK GOD!!!

Not sure what web browsers many of you are using or what's your screen resolution your are viewing the message board on your PC or Mac desktop computers, but I'm using FireFox 26.0 with a desktop res of 1024 x 768, and it's great. Yes, the text would be great if it's a little bigger, and if there's an option we can use to make it a little bigger, instead of using the web browsers options do to that.

• Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited January 2014

I take a vacation and come back to this? WTF? Most of the left margin is out of view for me and I can't figure out how to get it into view. This will take some adjustments. Anybody know how to find your threads you've participated in?

The participated button on the left.

Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:

The "Search" function, I'm preeetttty suuuuuure, doesn't work.

That doesn't work at all.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    I just log in from my phone!!this is so awesome!!!
    I still lost so many of my pm!!
    I still lost my friend list
    I still cant control my personal wall-acrivity and everyone can post whatever with out me doing anything
    I still need to read all.pm.with someone cos there are no tittles at pms
    I still cant edit my comment after an hour
    I still cant delete my last post
    I still can spy the people think they sent pm but actually its all in public
    And its still fuckin white

Oh...almost forget...happy birthday to...ehhhh..nevermind..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Thank God atleast the search button works...

=))
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    In 10 years, I don't think I can recall as much negative feedback about a site change...This will be the true test, to see if Kat and the rest of the *powers that be* actually care about what the community thinks....

%-(
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    kg162716 said:

In 10 years, I don't think I can recall as much negative feedback about a site change...This will be the true test, to see if Kat and the rest of the *powers that be* actually care about what the community thinks....

%-(

All they need to do now is to add a limited edition collectors item in the goods store today. An "out of this world" drop, on a Sunday. That will show them. :p

• Options
    kg162716 said:

%-(

People are always negative to change. tenclub members I guess have an even more negative attitude in ways. Sometimes you just have to stay firm and wait through the storm.

But in this case, the change was pisspoor - it come out of nowhere - and the amounts of people disliking it should be taken into account.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kg162716 said:

%-(

The problem is the "powers"made the call and left Kat to try to help everyone and deal with all this shit..

• Options
    why can't I edit my post anymore after it has been saved?
  • Options

kg162716 said:

%-(

The problem is the "powers"made the call and left Kat to try to help everyone and deal with all this shit..

Possibly your correct, but I doubt it...
    Changing the forums wouldn't be a memo Kat received 30 min b4 it happened..lol..
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    demetrios said:

kg162716 said:

%-(

All they need to do now is to add a limited edition collectors item in the goods store today. An "out of this world" drop, on a Sunday. That will show them. :p

Lol...Limited edition re-issue Benaroya Hall....Run of 250
  • Options

wghy can't I edit my post anymore after it has been saved?

kg162716 said:

kg162716 said:

%-(

Changing the forums wouldn't be a memo Kat received 30 min b4 it happened..lol..
    Im pretty sure they woke her up at the middle of the night ,throw her to the ocean with a life jacket and said,"enjoy your summer vacation at the beach"
  • Options

why can't I edit my post anymore after it has been saved?

Use the search button..all the answers are there ;)
  • Options

wghy can't I edit my post anymore after it has been saved?

kg162716 said:

kg162716 said:

%-(

Im pretty sure they woke her up at the middle of the night ,throw her to the ocean with a life jacket and said,"enjoy your summer vacation at the beach"
    Hahahaha...Swim!!!!!
  • Options

I still cant control my personal wall-acrivity and everyone can post whatever with out me doing anything

This is a nice little laundry list for the developers. Hopefully, they are listening.

One thing - I still don't understand the background complaint. How do you guys read books?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

This is a nice little laundry list for the developers. Hopefully, they are listening.

One thing - I still don't understand the background complaint. How do you guys read books?
    Are u telling me the books has the same light with this white thing??
    Plus..the books i read is in fuckin Greek!!!i dont neet to read more that once to understand what they saying!!!lol
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    The enjoyment of this website has significantly deteriorated, and I've already found myself using it less and less because of this format. Not a fan of it and can't say that I will probably ever like it.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14