Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    I really miss the search bar working. I used that a lot.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Another thing I noticed that is bugging me is the lack of a back button in the mobile app. And I wanted to try out the full site, and now cannot go back either. Do I have to log out for that?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    I am a glass half full kind of guy but I have to say that I really do not care for the new system. I think all of my beefs have been addressed by others, although I didn't take the time to read through every post on this thread.
    The thing I like the least is the way it looks/works on my droid.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/193154/let-your-voice-be-heard#latest

"Hey Fans,

Ten Club has started a new forum post to cultivate more member feedback. The purpose of this thread is for fans to extend their voice by posting their questions comments and concerns related to the band, the fan club, and other such PJ related topics. The member responses will be used for internal consideration related to policies, practices, as well as an informative platform for band and management to consider addressing through various print and online forums."

yawnnnnnn!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    hedonist said:

I'm wondering if all this is being done to weed out the fan base and not have as much traffic. I know I am here much less time now.

I'm thinking the same thing.
    I dont think so. What would that accomplish? In the last few years, it has become evident that PJ is more of a commercial money making endeavor. I'm sure they want as much traffic as possible. They have always changed the forums after a few years to just shake them up. I assumed it was to keep things feeling fresh or to make us think we werent paying for something old and outdated. Unfortunately, this time, they didnt do their homework and gave us a shitty format.

Totally agree on your last part, JP. The boilerplate responses so far are a bit disconcerting as well. I know there are real people behind the scenes; where is the real feedback?

I kinda feel like I've been fucked, but the big O passed me by.
    classic hedo! :x
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    I'm having a difficult time reading this with the back ground shot of the band. Also, my screen is cut off on the left hand side. Can't seem to fix that either.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    and look how smooshed my avatar is, my poor troll. :)
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    It's very nice on my smartphone. Desktop version still needs work.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    what the frig is "Best of..."?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited January 2014
    Oooh, I just noticed a 'flag'....next to the quote option, does that mean I can 'tattle' on people now?

:popcorn:
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    RKCNDY said:

Oooh, I just noticed a 'flag'....next to the quote optio, does that mean I can 'tattle' on prople now?

Good question.... or maybe it's to make posts stand out - lets you mark them? Who wants to test it. image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    :o3
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There are also Diagree, Agree, Lik and Lol options for the comments now! Was that there yesterday too? They come up when you hover over the space next to "quote"...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

Oooh, I just noticed a 'flag'....next to the quote optio, does that mean I can 'tattle' on prople now?

Good question.... or maybe it's to make posts stand out - lets you mark them? Who wants to test it. image
    Did you notice the 'like' 'agree' 'disagree' and 'lol' options too? This really is turning into FB, I thought Ed hated technology e.g. Twitter....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

There are also Diagree, Agree, Lik and Lol options for the comments now! Was that there yesterday too? They come up when you hover over the space next to "quote"...

i just disagreed with you ...
    this will be fun...
    :))
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I got a warning for this post?!?! Nami, that was you! :O
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    What the hell is this kiddie crap all of the sudden. Agree/disagree, LOL?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I got a warning for this post?!?!

sorry im a shit disturber... well that is dumb did it in fun. man thats nuts

Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    That's not funny! I got warned for my tattle post?

I really don't like this board... :twisted:

:p

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    i only hovered out of curiosity! i hope i didn't flag anyone!
  • Options

What the hell is this kiddie crap all of the sudden. Agree/disagree, LOL?

I know, that's totally stupid. Nice way to limit actual discussion.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    This is weird. But at least you can see now who reported you, I guess. Maybe they want to declutter the forum. You just click like or agree and don't have to repost what others said without adding anything new ... :think:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Why would you get a warning for disagreeing with a post if the option to do just that is given to the user??????
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I got a warning for this post?!?! Nami, that was you! :O

So what's the deal? If someone flags your post, what happens? You get an email warning?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    i go now. i'll bump your Benny thread :)
  • Options

Why would you get a warning for disagreeing with a post if the option to do just that is given to the user??????

I think you get a warning if someone uses the flag button, not the dislike button.
  • Options
    so will the board now be automated and kat's job be eliminated?
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    hedonist said:

I'm wondering if all this is being done to weed out the fan base and not have as much traffic. I know I am here much less time now.

I'm thinking the same thing.
    I dont think so. What would that accomplish? In the last few years, it has become evident that PJ is more of a commercial money making endeavor. I'm sure they want as much traffic as possible. They have always changed the forums after a few years to just shake them up. I assumed it was to keep things feeling fresh or to make us think we werent paying for something old and outdated. Unfortunately, this time, they didnt do their homework and gave us a shitty format.

Totally agree on your last part, JP. The boilerplate responses so far are a bit disconcerting as well. I know there are real people behind the scenes; where is the real feedback?

I kinda feel like I've been fucked, but the big O passed me by.
    I almost clicked the "LOL" button, but couldnt bring myself to do it.
    You're not alone hedo, no one is O-ing in this joint.

b-(
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I think you get a warning if someone uses the flag button, not the dislike button.
    very odd.. .only hit the disagree comment... not flag.
  • Options

so will the board now be automated and kat's job be eliminated?

nobody is safe from outsourcing. lol