Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I didn't get an email warning. I just saw it in BIG letters added to my post. But I think Nami took it back... Now it just shows "disagree". I wonder how many flags you need to get booted...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

Why would you get a warning for disagreeing with a post if the option to do just that is given to the user??????

I think you get a warning if someone uses the flag button, not the dislike button.
    Yeah, gotcha. My mind is literally blown. This forum is just dumbing people down, the American Dream. Why type out how much you disagree with User X..just click on the Disagree button and all is right with the world.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

so will the board now be automated and kat's job be eliminated?

Or Kat gets an email and comes here to check out what's going on. Previously I think it was a PM, which may take longer. Though this new way, if someone flags the post, you get warned right away, so then it's kinda easy to figure out who flagged you. I see a lot of retaliation with that function.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I wonder what will happen to the Moving Train forum with these new options ... image

Is this our punishment for derailing too much and being too bitchy?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652

hedonist said:

I'm wondering if all this is being done to weed out the fan base and not have as much traffic. I know I am here much less time now.

I'm thinking the same thing.
    I dont think so. What would that accomplish? In the last few years, it has become evident that PJ is more of a commercial money making endeavor. I'm sure they want as much traffic as possible. They have always changed the forums after a few years to just shake them up. I assumed it was to keep things feeling fresh or to make us think we werent paying for something old and outdated. Unfortunately, this time, they didnt do their homework and gave us a shitty format.

Totally agree on your last part, JP. The boilerplate responses so far are a bit disconcerting as well. I know there are real people behind the scenes; where is the real feedback?

I kinda feel like I've been fucked, but the big O passed me by.
    no one is O-ing in this joint.

b-(
    Worst news I have heard all day. Everyone deserves that!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    Nami said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why would you get a warning for disagreeing with a post if the option to do just that is given to the user??????

I think you get a warning if someone uses the flag button, not the dislike button.
    very odd.. .only hit the disagree comment... not flag.
    Ugh! So yet MORE emails coming into my fucking inbox? I have to be told every time someone dislikes a post?? :-w
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Flag You!...just Flag Off..all of you!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    maybe if i restart my cpu the old system will come up...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    too bad you can't select all of them, make the place go really crazy
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

I didn't get an email warning. I just saw it in BIG letters added to my post. But I think Nami took it back... Now it just shows "disagree". I wonder how many flags you need to get booted...

Ooohh. Okay.... still.... I wonder if they just added this feature because they thought it would make us happier?? If so, they clearly have ZERO understanding of what it is their membership wants.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    now they're gone??
  • Options
    No longer working............
  • Options
    edited January 2014

now they're gone??

imageimage Thank goodness! .... Well.... at least this shows us that someone is over there fucking around with it and trying to figure out how it works and make changes. Priority #1 should be the white background though. I would have assumed that that would be really really easy to fix.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I love it! It is further proof 10c is completely out of touch. If 10c were proactively fixing issues that were broken I'd admire their effort. There is no shortage of things needing fixing - ticket sales, shipping of merch, shipping costs, timely respones to customer/member inquiries, GA lines, etc... Instead of addressing things that need fixing, they break things that work well. There wasn't any sort of movement from the members to have the forums changed. I didn't notice a lot of call for change on the feedback/suggestion sticky 10c posted. Nice one, Tim! Way to be proactive in ensuring that nothing runs well with the club.Hahaha.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Wait wait ... So I get a warning if somebody disagrees with what I said?! Nami, you didn't hit the flag, right? Wasn't the good thing on here that we all agreed to disagree sometimes? Why would I get punished if somebody doesn't share my opinion? That doesn't make sense. And what is the difference between Agree and Like?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    They seem to be gone now. Interesting. Clutter, clutter, clutter... With the delete option I could have decluttered this thread. Hmpf.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    no i just hit disagree- being a smartass to your post- no flags on you or anyone else.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    maybe i broke it?

i'm gonna go try to break the activity page now 8-X
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited January 2014
    Where does one see these little like and such? Lisa - on your mobile, look at the bottom left corner in real small and blue - you'll find the way back to the mobile site (if you haven't already).

Edit... just read the last posts... I didn't get to play with those... :(
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    I don't like it here anymore. I just don't. I thought the whole purpose of an upgrade was to enhance the user experience...this has done the complete opposite. And i will never understand taking away functionality with an "Upgrade". And the fact that they don't seem to care that their users/paying members are not happy with the changes is really disheartening. I used to enjoy coming here and interacting with fellow fans and now this new "design" just stresses me out and hurts my eyes. :-q
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    redrock said:

Where does one see these little like and such? Lisa - on your mobile, look at the bottom left corner in real small and blue - you'll find the way back to the mobile site (if you haven't already).

Edit... just read the last posts... I didn't get to play with those... :(

They are back! I will check the mobile thingy out, thanks for the heads up! Huh, no gone again? I just saw them. Weird.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    I do like how we can now quote more than 3 people.
    I also like how clicking the thread name goes to the last unread message.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Just flag. Don't want to get anyone in trouble playing with that! ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    Im a little lost about flags u guys talking or whatever..i was kinda angry the first days..now i look this place and feel sad..
    Have this weird feeling like im a stranger in a place i never been before.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

Im a little lost about flags u guys talking or whatever..i was kinda angry the first days..now i look this place and feel sad..

I think the "flag" button next to "quote" is a replacement of the "report" or "!" button from the old style forum.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    I believe the flag may be the new 'reporting'. Flags an inapporiate post to the mods???

Those that tried it, does it seem to serve this purpose?
  • Options

What you may be glad to know is that they are actually doing something right now with the forum at 10C. Features are appearing and disappearing live, lol. I still keep some faith that they will fix at least the most glaring problems... They just should have waited until it was in better shape before introducing it to us.

• Options

I don't like it here anymore. I just don't. I thought the whole purpose of an upgrade was to enhance the user experience...this has done the complete opposite. And i will never understand taking away functionality with an "Upgrade". And the fact that they don't seem to care that their users/paying members are not happy with the changes is really disheartening. I used to enjoy coming here and interacting with fellow fans and now this new "design" just stresses me out and hurts my eyes. :-q

=D> =D> =D>
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Good thing I've read through the posts first before clicking the Flag.
    First I thought you flag the post so you can find it easier later on to quote or smth. This is how my email works.
    Would have made a mess :))
    By the way these smileys are ugly. I liked the older ones better.
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    Anyway..i saw flags..i saw i have 1 point at my profile....a best of button..whatever..my eyes hurt to read and search
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”