Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I'm not one to go out and bash people for doing their job, but this makes ZERO sense to me. I ordered the LP thru 10C, paid 10C, and sat for the item to be shipped from 10C. Now someone that had no involvement with my order, or the whole process is responsible for sending me replacement copies?!

Is this a bad joke? 10C are you serious? This has disaster written all over it.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I can't figure how they'll start shipping next week. This dude isn't going to get thru all the emails this week. Are new one's even pressed? (I guess so if they'll start shipping). I guess I'll get my answers soon. My email has been sent, I'll see where that gets me.
    hey buddy,did u get any answer?and what u wrote?
    you wrote your shipping adress?your infos?or just describe the problem you copy of vinyl has?

I explained what the album looked like and how it played. I explained where the loud pops and skips were. I also said that I was directed to that email from this site and I asked what the steps are to get a replacement. That is all I said.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    I hope this all
    Works out!
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Thanks, Santos L. Halper for this thread

and Ten Club for the email.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,661
    Just sent an email to the company. I included my shipping address as well, has everyone been doing that?
  • Options
    in my tree 76in my tree 76 The city by the lake Posts: 261
    Soldier Field 7/11/95 Alpine Valley 6/26/98 United Center 6/29/98 The Ice Bowl10/8/00 United Center 5/17/06 United Center 8/23/09 Verizon Wireless 5/7/10 EV Chicago Theater 6/29/11 PJ20 9/3/11 9/4/11 Wrigley Field 7/19/13 Memphis 10/14/14 Moline 10/17/14 Wrigley Field 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 8/18/18 Wrigley Field 8/20/18> 17× United Center 9/7/23
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    yeah now all I need is for the fucking vinyl to actually get here, still waiting in Chicagoland
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    Mine is still sitting in Auburn, WA. Shipped 10/10/13 with a projected delivery date of 10/21/13...
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    Just sent my email 2 copies and lots of popping!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    in my tree 76in my tree 76 The city by the lake Posts: 261
    Yeah, I sent them my name, address, yada yada yada.
    Soldier Field 7/11/95 Alpine Valley 6/26/98 United Center 6/29/98 The Ice Bowl10/8/00 United Center 5/17/06 United Center 8/23/09 Verizon Wireless 5/7/10 EV Chicago Theater 6/29/11 PJ20 9/3/11 9/4/11 Wrigley Field 7/19/13 Memphis 10/14/14 Moline 10/17/14 Wrigley Field 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 8/18/18 Wrigley Field 8/20/18> 17× United Center 9/7/23
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    STILL waiting on my original. Slow, expensive shipping sucks. Knowing that the product you'll eventually receive is likely defective, well that just sucks even worse.
  • Options
    Defect copy?

I pre ordered the invisible copy!!!
    "See the path Cut by the Moon, for you to Walk On"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I'm not one to go out and bash people for doing their job, but this makes ZERO sense to me. I ordered the LP thru 10C, paid 10C, and sat for the item to be shipped from 10C. Now someone that had no involvement with my order, or the whole process is responsible for sending me replacement copies?!

10C doesn't press their own records. They hire an outside company to press the records. By most accounts I've read, the vast majority of the vinyls are defective...no matter where they were purchased. Which is why a lot of record stores & Amazon don't have them in stock & also why 10c removed the LP from the shop. The quality control displayed by the manufacturer is crappy at best. Thus, why they are working on replacing all damaged vinyl.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    May 30th wrote:
    Just sent an email to the company. I included my shipping address as well, has everyone been doing that?
    I did. Thought it might save time in all this. I can only hope.
  • Options
    E-mail sent off. Lots of loud pops on several songs on both sides and visible scuffs. My side A has a second sticker off-set that covers the lead out grooves. Hopefully all these will get replaced without too much hassle.
  • Options
    I'm in SC and haven't received mine. It made it to NC, and now has worked it has made it's way up to NJ.
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    mfc2006 wrote:

10C doesn't press their own records. They hire an outside company to press the records. By most accounts I've read, the vast majority of the vinyls are defective...no matter where they were purchased. Which is why a lot of record stores & Amazon don't have them in stock & also why 10c removed the LP from the shop. The quality control displayed by the manufacturer is crappy at best. Thus, why they are working on replacing all damaged vinyl.

I hear ya, but typically a customer deals with one customer service provider for one order.
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    mfc2006 wrote:

I think you missed my point. I completely understand that. What I maybe didn't spell out clearly was that I think 10C should be handling our exchanges. The manufacturer has no order history, payment, or record of us or our orders. The information about the bunk vinyls was made public on this site's home page. Any Joe Schmoe out there can email the manufacturer.

Say for example, you ordered a pair of Nikes from Zappos. Say they had an issue, or didn't fit, or whatever. To return them or get a replacement, you would return them or contact Zappos, not Nike. Does that make sense? That's the issue I see.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    lotsalemon wrote:
    I don't understand how 10C has any responsibility in whatever issues arise from the manufacture of this studio album.

To act as if they owe us anything is a little crazy. Sure, they've maybe had some involvement in other releases (Benaroya Hall and the latest Vault) but for a studio album? This is the label's responsibility. 10C was just the middle man selling the product.

I wouldn't think about complaining to my local record store demanding answers. It's the same situation here...they were good enough to get us contact information. Like any other product recall, you have to deal directly with the manufacturer.

/rant

Completely disagree. I bet if you bought this item on Amazon, they are not telling you to give United a call and work it out with them. Amazon would provide customer service to their customer while trying to work out the issues on the back end with their supplier.

I've had zero luck buying records from Amazon, AND their customer service. The one record I ordered from them came thrown in a box way too big, with a few bubble pillows. The following two they sent out were packed exactly the same way - after my repeated discussions with them, and being assured the next one would be packed properly.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169

I can't figure how they'll start shipping next week. This dude isn't going to get thru all the emails this week. Are new one's even pressed? (I guess so if they'll start shipping). I guess I'll get my answers soon. My email has been sent, I'll see where that gets me.
    you wrote your shipping adress?your infos?or just describe the problem you copy of vinyl has?

I explained what the album looked like and how it played. I explained where the loud pops and skips were. I also said that I was directed to that email from this site and I asked what the steps are to get a replacement. That is all I said.
    ok,thanks,ill wait this to arrive and ill include all the infos if there is problem with my copy for save time..i hope isnt too late or there is a time frame for sent this mail when arrive my order here
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011

Sent my e-mail about 4 hours ago. Here's what I wrote:

Good Afternoon,
    I am sending an e-mail regarding the condition of my Pearl Jam LIGHTNING BOLT vinyl LP as directed by the TEN CLUB, from where I purchased it on July 29, Order ######.

First glance revealed lots of dust and debris all over it. It is also streaked with some type of residue. VERY ROUGH EDGES. Also 4 - 5 small indentations near the edge. Looks almost like some kind of sharp object like a tack or nail hit it.

Please advise how to obtain replacement copy at your earliest convenience.
    Thank You!

I didn't give them any other personal information yet. I want to see what their response time and instructions will be first. Maybe a little paranoid, but I just want to see how this plays out one step at a time...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ok,thanks,ill wait this to arrive and ill include all the infos if there is problem with my copy for save time..i hope isnt too late or there is a time frame for sent this mail when arrive my order here
    Dimi, if you receive a faulty product & contact them to replace it I don't think they can say 'you didn't e-mail us in time'. If it's faulty product they must replace it. Mine hasn't arrived yet either although going on how long Vault #3 took after I received the shipping e-mail I'm expecting it next week. I'm still hoping it'll be ok of course.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    morello wrote:
    Dimi, if you receive a faulty product & contact them to replace it I don't think they can say 'you didn't e-mail us in time'. If it's faulty product they must replace it. Mine hasn't arrived yet either although going on how long Vault #3 took after I received the shipping e-mail I'm expecting it next week. I'm still hoping it'll be ok of course.
    Next week? I'm hoping before Labour Weekend...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Maybe it's me but we bought the vinyl right here. Why can't we get it fixed right here?

It's like going to Best Buy to buy a TV, getting it home and finding out it's broken and then having to contact the manufacturer to resolve the problem.

c'mon man
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    Maybe it's me but we bought the vinyl right here. Why can't we get it fixed right here?

It's like going to Best Buy to buy a TV, getting it home and finding out it's broken and then having to contact the manufacturer to resolve the problem.

c'mon man
    to tell u the truth,this happens once to me and the shop i bought it sent me to contact directly Sony-Greece..
    another time when i bought an iron,and didnt work,they replace it at the store i bought it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    scw156 wrote:
    Mine is still sitting in Auburn, WA. Shipped 10/10/13 with a projected delivery date of 10/21/13...

My projected delivery date is October 26th. Yet a package arrived at my house last night and I didn't have time to see what it was. (I haven't ordered anything else) So I imagine it's that.

Kind of sucks when the road distance from my house to the 10C is about 7 miles :?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 wrote:

I think you missed my point. I completely understand that. What I maybe didn't spell out clearly was that I think 10C should be handling our exchanges. The manufacturer has no order history, payment, or record of us or our orders. The information about the bunk vinyls was made public on this site's home page. Any Joe Schmoe out there can email the manufacturer.

Say for example, you ordered a pair of Nikes from Zappos. Say they had an issue, or didn't fit, or whatever. To return them or get a replacement, you would return them or contact Zappos, not Nike. Does that make sense? That's the issue I see.

I see your point now. Thanks for clarifying. I have a feeling that the manufacturer is going to "right their own wrong" ship directly to the consumers. They will probably have to verify the purchase & get the mailing info. That's the vibe I'm getting from everything.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Sent my e-mail about 4 hours ago. Here's what I wrote:

Good Afternoon,
    I am sending an e-mail regarding the condition of my Pearl Jam LIGHTNING BOLT vinyl LP as directed by the TEN CLUB, from where I purchased it on July 29, Order ######.

First glance revealed lots of dust and debris all over it. It is also streaked with some type of residue. VERY ROUGH EDGES. Also 4 - 5 small indentations near the edge. Looks almost like some kind of sharp object like a tack or nail hit it.

Please advise how to obtain replacement copy at your earliest convenience.
    Thank You!

I didn't give them any other personal information yet. I want to see what their response time and instructions will be first. Maybe a little paranoid, but I just want to see how this plays out one step at a time...

sent a similar message and refrained from providing personal information just yet. still surprised how 10C is passing the buck on this one. kind of a new low in my opinion...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I'm in SC and haven't received mine. It made it to NC, and now has worked it has made it's way up to NJ.
    Checked the tracking for my vinyl today for the first time....and it said it was delivered on Monday. :?

Needless to say....I NEVER GOT IT !!

DAMN!! Have no idea what to do now....very upset :|
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,308
    Hopefully mine turns up soon so I can check it out. My Vault 3 turned up about 2 weeks after I had the shipping confirmation email so my fingers are crossed. It's a nervous wait at the moment after reading all of posts on here
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)