Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I'm not one to go out and bash people for doing their job, but this makes ZERO sense to me. I ordered the LP thru 10C, paid 10C, and sat for the item to be shipped from 10C. Now someone that had no involvement with my order, or the whole process is responsible for sending me replacement copies?!

Is this a bad joke? 10C are you serious? This has disaster written all over it.

10C doesn't press their own records. They hire an outside company to press the records. By most accounts I've read, the vast majority of the vinyls are defective...no matter where they were purchased. Which is why a lot of record stores & Amazon don't have them in stock & also why 10c removed the LP from the shop. The quality control displayed by the manufacturer is crappy at best. Thus, why they are working on replacing all damaged vinyl.

so who replaces them, the same shitty place that made the garbage in the first place? I know 10c will make sure it is right, but what a fucking pain in the ass
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I'm not one to go out and bash people for doing their job, but this makes ZERO sense to me. I ordered the LP thru 10C, paid 10C, and sat for the item to be shipped from 10C. Now someone that had no involvement with my order, or the whole process is responsible for sending me replacement copies?!

10C doesn't press their own records. They hire an outside company to press the records. By most accounts I've read, the vast majority of the vinyls are defective...no matter where they were purchased. Which is why a lot of record stores & Amazon don't have them in stock & also why 10c removed the LP from the shop. The quality control displayed by the manufacturer is crappy at best. Thus, why they are working on replacing all damaged vinyl.

so who replaces them, the same shitty place that made the garbage in the first place? I know 10c will make sure it is right, but what a fucking pain in the ass

completely agree
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    shanerockshanerock Thornville, Ohio Posts: 5
    Just emailed. Hoping for the best
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    email sent. waiting again.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    Thanks Santos! ...hopefully there is a speedy resolution!
  • Options
    rheadorange1rheadorange1 Posts: 27
    edited October 2013
    Update claimed: Got mine in Portland, same cond as everyone else. Bummed. Since we could use some joy in the interim of this mess,anyone want a sniper from 2011 Eddie tour and some random pj goodies nothing crazy, just knick knacks? Free and I won't send through innovations, just have to be in the same boat as us preorder record folks (late, damaged vinyl) and not going to resell it. I rarely post on here. So probably best to pm me? I'll ship tomorrow
    Post edited by rheadorange1 on
  • Options
    Not only did my copy sit in Auburn, Washington forever before finally arriving yesterday (pre-ordered back in July). It skips on most of the tracks. Plus it has a funky petroleum smell that has now invaded my house. The excuse? The package. Sorry, but the packaging doesn't cause these problems with the vinyl. Also, a nice torn inner sleeve. And now I'm told I need to contact the manufacturer and not the merchant? Nonsense.

All in all, a huge disappointment
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

The problem is that 10C is the merchant as it relates to me. The replacement should be through them and not some entity that I have no privity of contract.
  • Options
    Ordered mine day one on sale, get an email on the 14th that item has shipped! Est. time of arrival 21st. Tracking still has it auburn,wa. What is going on here???? I know some vinyl is ruined but why are they delaying the shipment of vinyls that say they were shipped but are stuck in auburn and no reason from 10c? So disappointing
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I got a feeling!!!! we are gonna get screwed on this..... just watch.

We don't get fooled again

peace
    How do you figure we're going to get screwed? Santos just told us that replacements will start going out next week...

:lol: he said they'll "begin" to ship next week. I'm doubtful I'll see a legit copy for months. :fp:

This is a total pass the fucking buck thing to do.

10c ALWAYS has an excuse for everything.

Has your copy made it to the great white north yet?

#FHP
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Primal wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Dimi, if you receive a faulty product & contact them to replace it I don't think they can say 'you didn't e-mail us in time'. If it's faulty product they must replace it. Mine hasn't arrived yet either although going on how long Vault #3 took after I received the shipping e-mail I'm expecting it next week. I'm still hoping it'll be ok of course.
    Next week? I'm hoping before Labour Weekend...

Christmas Album!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Top to bottom, this is bad!
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

I bought a copy today at JnR music world in downtown NYC they had one left, I'm spinning it now and I have no issues so far on either side. Is this related only to 10C members doing pre-orders? I didnt clean it yet but i do use Mofi cleaning products I will report back if anything odd happens.
  • Options
    I love the comment about the record packaging possibly causing the terrible sound and smudges and sticker issues and scratches and pops and clicks... :lolno:
  • Options
    Well, here's a good one. I wrote to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> asking why I hadn't received my vinyl which in the original email they sent me on Oct. 8 had said it was shipped. The tracking shows it stuck in Auburn. Tonight I received 2 emails. The first telling me to send an email about the defects. And then this:

Dear Robert,

We have received and processed your request to Return all or part of your order.

Your Order Number Is: xxxxxxx
    Date Of Order: Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Well hells bells... I never asked for a return and I never ordered anything on 10/23. By the way, yes, the order number is xxxxxxx's above but indeed the order number is the order number of my vinyl, which is apparently stuck in Auburn, and is the order number I received back in July? when I ordered it.

So, go figure that one out.

A) Will my record ever arrive? And if so looks like it's hit or miss on defects
    B) I'm getting a refund on the order and they could be expecting me to return something I haven't received?
    C) How in the heck did they think I was asking for a return when it was simply a request to find out where it was?

I sure seems like whomever is in charge of customer service there hasn't a clue what is going on. So, I guess I'll just monitor my credit card account to see if a refund comes through and wait to see if Auburn is really a place that exists.

Has anyone experienced this kind of response from them yet?

Guess I better open my Vault 3 and play it to make sure that's ok. I clean all my vinyl on a VPI cleaning machine before playing. Has anyone that purchased Vault 3 and played it have any issues?

Have to check the Steve Hoffman forum tomorrow to see what chatter is going on there.

This is too bad. I could have been a very successful and fun thing for Ten Club members to be able to get a pristine vinyl copy of TB in their hands on release day or before and it's turned into a disaster. If I were management some heads would roll... probably including mine.
  • Options
    To clarify, the email about return and refund came from <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->, not <!-- e --><a href="mailto:fisherscustsvc@umusic.com">fisherscustsvc@umusic.com</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    Anyone got an answer back after emailing that company made the vinyl?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    solihullslimsolihullslim Whitley Bay Posts: 7

Still waiting for the first copy, like a lot of people. The last update on the UPS tracking site being "Shipment information received" is a worry though.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169

Still waiting for the first copy, like a lot of people. The last update on the UPS tracking site being "Shipment information received" is a worry though.
    yeah i know,i wait to arrive too,expecting anyone from usa that got it already ,saw the problem and email the manufactor,and get an answer to let the rest us know how it went..lets see
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    To me, dealing directly with the manufacturer makes more sense than going through 10C, especially since not all purchases were made through them. Yes, they're the merchant I dealt with, but for anyone who bought through an independent record store, there's no logic in asking that mom-and-pop shop to take care of their replacement vinyl (especially since, in most cases, it will be a replacement of the disc only, and not the whole package).

I was a bit of a home-theater/DVD enthusiast in the last decade-plus, and any time there was a QC issue with a DVD pressing--say, a bad seal on the plastic disc that caused distortion and lockups or "disc rot," or a language of subtitles that wasn't included when it should have been--the DVD forums and interest websites (like The Digital Bits and DVDFile) always went to the studio of manufacture for questions, and the supplied remedy info was to deal with the studio/manufacturer for replacement discs, not to go back through Amazon or Best Buy.

Assuming Universal Music and United Record Pressing deal with this in a decently timely fashion, it will probably be quicker than going through 10C, where you'd have to wait for them to produce the replacement copies, ship them to 10C, then have 10C sort and ship them out to each customer who requested one. I imagine it will save time to have my replacement shipping directly from the manufacturer.

Given past experience with such things (the My Morning Jacket green vinyl replacement in 2011), I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for now and hoping for the best. I'll be patient for a while.
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    JB106505 wrote:
    It has come to our attention that there have been some manufacturing issues with the Lightning Bolt vinyl possibly due to the high quality and delicate nature of the special packaging. 

This is a joke, right? Santos, with all due respect, can 10c take responsibility for anything any more? From delays at the manufacturing facilities to poor-quality mailers to cyber saboteurs... There's always an excuse for something over the past three years, but I can't remember any of them ending with "Sorry, we screwed up" or even "We'll make it up to you."

Instead we're faced with silence, rote responses or in a more immediate case: misinformation (telling customers LPs won't be in stores until the 28th). In fact I had to come to this forum where I rarely if ever posted (prior to this debacle) to find out why my LP wasn't on my doorstep on release day (as advertised). I shouldn't have to do that.

I understand you are extremely busy and things are super stressful right now. I create catalogs and advertising for major US retailers so I understand late-shipping product. It happens. Late is fine so long as it is communicated.

I feel the 10c customer base -- because that is what we are at the end of the day -- deserves better. I feel this entire situation warrants a sincere apology and that some sort of make-good compensation is needed for every customer affected by this, not just a hand off to UMG and a shoulder shrug.

I also feel -- and this one is paramount -- that the Ten Club needs to stop making promises it can't keep.

I realize 10c can't compensate every customer for every mistake made, but a sincere apology goes a long way. At the same time I feel that if you are constantly making mistakes that warrant apologies, 10c should re-think its business practices.

Just my two cents as a customer.

THIS!
    people who are trying to diss on people complaining here and telling them: "grow up! you got a download!" should have another thought coming.
    1. i live in Europe, in july froze some $$$ on 10c account in an operation called "pre-order". Still havent gotten a CD not to mention the vinyl. No word of apology, not even a damn sticker to seal my bitching mouth with! NOTHING!
    2. downloaded LB from my order history as WMA files, put it on my ipod and what? songs with titles like "1-getaway" and no artwork. lame and clumsy.just like in cases of some boots where they even cant do this right.
    3. we are all fans here and love the band unconditionally. BUT we all are also customers here and we dont get anything for free. we pay for every single piece of mail, cardboard box and so forth. i dont see any reason why i should treat 10c any different than i would deal with amazon and what not?
    4. and something that pisses me off the most: if 10c cant do ticketing, pre-ordering, shipping right maybe it is high time they ought to employ more people? at least for their communication dept. who would be saying "sorry" on the loop.

grow up Ten Club!
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Spoony C wrote:
    To me, dealing directly with the manufacturer makes more sense than going through 10C, especially since not all purchases were made through them. Yes, they're the merchant I dealt with, but for anyone who bought through an independent record store, there's no logic in asking that mom-and-pop shop to take care of their replacement vinyl (especially since, in most cases, it will be a replacement of the disc only, and not the whole package).

I was a bit of a home-theater/DVD enthusiast in the last decade-plus, and any time there was a QC issue with a DVD pressing--say, a bad seal on the plastic disc that caused distortion and lockups or "disc rot," or a language of subtitles that wasn't included when it should have been--the DVD forums and interest websites (like The Digital Bits and DVDFile) always went to the studio of manufacture for questions, and the supplied remedy info was to deal with the studio/manufacturer for replacement discs, not to go back through Amazon or Best Buy.

Assuming Universal Music and United Record Pressing deal with this in a decently timely fashion, it will probably be quicker than going through 10C, where you'd have to wait for them to produce the replacement copies, ship them to 10C, then have 10C sort and ship them out to each customer who requested one. I imagine it will save time to have my replacement shipping directly from the manufacturer.

Given past experience with such things (the My Morning Jacket green vinyl replacement in 2011), I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for now and hoping for the best. I'll be patient for a while.
    Exactly. I don't understand the people saying this is 10C "passing the buck". How do you know UM didn't specifically tell them "Sorry, send all inquiries to this email and we'll handle it". Yes, if you bought from 10C it's their responsibility to make sure it's taken care of, but they didn't make the damn records. They have given you an avenue to get it taken care of. Why would you want to go through a middle man, and one you're already complaining about their service anyway? I work for an online office furniture retailer, and when we drop ship from the manufacturer and there's a defect, of course we work to get it taken care of. However, if the manufacturer told us "Have them email us and we'll take care of it," of course we would take that route instead of having them send the replacement to us and then to the customer. I don't know why the 10C should have to apologize for the factory. It's being handled. Now, if it doesn't result in you being taken care of on that end, then you can complain.

That being said, anyone tried emailing them that bought from a brick and mortar store? I emailed, but I want to make sure I get an answer before my ability to return it to the store's time is up.
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Havn't received mine yet like the others.

Here is my question, however...

If they are supposedly getting out new copies that quickly...where are those copies coming from? The magical stack of perfect copies that they made in the first pressing but didn't send them out?

I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like they would have enought time to address the issues from the first pressing and then do a second pressing and start shipping that quickly.

Again, I could be wrong.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PH20 wrote:
    Havn't received mine yet like the others.

Here is my question, however...

If they are supposedly getting out new copies that quickly...where are those copies coming from? The magical stack of perfect copies that they made in the first pressing but didn't send them out?

I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like they would have enought time to address the issues from the first pressing and then do a second pressing and start shipping that quickly.

Again, I could be wrong.

wondered this myself
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Spoony C wrote:

Except those mom and pop stores are also merchants and all consumers have the expectation that the product is fit for the ordinary use. That's on the merchant. So yes, if I but an album from a local record store that is all jacked up, I'm going back to them.
  • Options
    Ten Club/Santos,

Not sure if you will read this or not but feel the need at this point to vent. I am an avid PJ fan and long time 10c member. The experience thus far with receiving of the Lightning Bolt vinyl has been honestly abysmal. I have pre-ordered/paid for this record months ago, and have yet to receive it here in St. Petersburg, FL more than week after release date. When checking the tracking it was shipped to Atlanta, GA then to Greensboro NC then to Memphis TN and is now in Jacksonville, FL. WTF?? I'm not sure about others, but when I have pre-ordered albums from other bands, I receive the album on release date, not weeks later.

Now it seems that my record is most likely going to be defective (due to high quality and delicate packing materials"; which I'm still trying to figure out? So now I will have to wait even longer for a good copy.

This ordeal has somewhat ruined what should be a very exciting time for PJ fans throughout the country and world in my opinion. This will not change my support for the band or the love I have for their music, and I'm sure it won't change for other fans either, but I think the band/10c need to take responsibility for this cluster and make it right somehow. We aren't fans of UMG or out there supporting them, and I know this is not PJ's or 10c fault by any means. However, we are PJ's fans, loyal supporters to the end, and 10c members and I think PJ/10c should do the right thing here and step up more than they have thus far.

Keep Rockin,

RJ
    wes c adle
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Spoony C wrote:

Except those mom and pop stores are also merchants and all consumers have the expectation that the product is fit for the ordinary use. That's on the merchant. So yes, if I but an album from a local record store that is all jacked up, I'm going back to them.
    It's up to the merchant to determine the quality of the product? How very odd. Should they open every record they get in bulk and make sure it works? You can go back to them, but they can't reprint the record for you. Again, it's their responsibility to make sure you get taken care of because they sold it to you, but not for the defect in the product. All they can do is tell you how to get it taken care of, which is what 10C did here. Maybe if it was one item, because then you could just exchange it for another one at the store. But in this case, they probably don't have a good copy to exchange it for. So you're stuck waiting for the replacement to get sent to them, and then they give it to you. But in this case the manufacturer is taking care of it directly (presumably at least! hopefully!) If you would rather have your problem resolved in a more roundabout, less efficient way with a middle man involved, that's your bag, man.
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    It's up to the merchant to determine the quality of the product? How very odd. Should they open every record they get in bulk and make sure it works? You can go back to them, but they can't reprint the record for you. Again, it's their responsibility to make sure you get taken care of because they sold it to you, but not for the defect in the product. All they can do is tell you how to get it taken care of, which is what 10C did here. Maybe if it was one item, because then you could just exchange it for another one at the store. But in this case, they probably don't have a good copy to exchange it for. So you're stuck waiting for the replacement to get sent to them, and then they give it to you. But in this case the manufacturer is taking care of it directly (presumably at least! hopefully!) If you would rather have your problem resolved in a more roundabout, less efficient way with a middle man involved, that's your bag, man.

I have an implied warranty of merchantability. All I ask is for that to be honored and for 10C to not shuttle its obligation to me off onto a third-party.
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    I have not.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:

I have an implied warranty of merchantability. All I ask is for that to be honored and for 10C to not shuttle its obligation to me off onto a third-party.

10C didn't shuttle you off to a third party, they put you in direct contact with the manufacturer. Who, most likely, made a promise to replace all defective vinyls at no cost to PJ.