Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Did a quick google of this email, got a phone number for UMG. 1 800 288 5942

EDIT:

Just called them. They said:

"Yea we are aware that pearl jam has posted this but we have no official word on how the label wants to handle this yet. I can take your number and give you a call as we get more info."

Oh boy.
    :? :? :?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    Its good that there has been some acknowledgement of the manufacturing issues, even though the "possible" reason is utter nonsense. It must have been the delicate nature of the packaging that caused two labels to be stuck over the grooves on one guys record and the roughly cut edges of vinyl. From the complaints I've read it sounds like they had major machinery issues, a pretty dirty environment and a very rushed job. Inner sleeves splitting is pretty common but not acceptable. I've had a few new sealed records not actually in the printed inner sleeve and in poly lined ones to stop this happening. Still waiting on mine in the UK from 10c, glad I ordered the EU pressing now as well as it will be pressed elsewhere.
  • Options
    Can someone tell me how you know the whereabouts of your vinyl?
    I never received my original one yet and never got any sort of email outside of the one from Ten Club
    for confirmation of my original order.
    My original order had a vinyl and a CD and I did receive the CD.
    In my order history, I see that order with a status of shipped.
    Is there some way you guys are tracking the order via Mail Innovations somehow by using the Ten Club order # ???
  • Options
    Can someone tell me how you know the whereabouts of your vinyl?
    I never received my original one yet and never got any sort of email outside of the one from Ten Club
    for confirmation of my original order.
    My original order had a vinyl and a CD and I did receive the CD.
    In my order history, I see that order with a status of shipped.
    Is there some way you guys are tracking the order via Mail Innovations somehow by using the Ten Club order # ???

http://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/ track using your 10C order number with the number 1 at the end.

So, if my 10C order number was 1234567, I would track 12345671.

Good luck.

T
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    edited October 2013
    E-mail sent, although after reading superfuzz30's post, I'm a bit apprehensive that this is going to be anything but a headache. Also, I have to say, as appreciative as I am that 10C has acknowledged and addressed the issue, this part of the statement makes no sense to me:
    It has come to our attention that there have been some manufacturing issues with the Lightning Bolt vinyl possibly due to the high quality and delicate nature of the special packaging.

How does special packaging, to which the vinyl is inserted AFTER manufacturing, cause a manufacturing issue?! :?

PLEASE keep us posted 10C if anything changes or any more issues arise with keeping us from getting what we paid and waited patiently for. YOU are who we paid for this item and it's a bit irresponsible to take yourselves out of the loop and have us go out of our way to deal with the manufacturer directly, especially if it involves giving any personal information to a 3rd party. HOWEVER, I'll continue to be patient and follow your recommended course of action...for now. But if we continue to experience more delays and more issues, I will be the first one in line for a full refund. Anything less would be a slap in the face...
    Post edited by drummerboy_73 on
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    It has come to our attention that there have been some manufacturing issues with the Lightning Bolt vinyl possibly due to the high quality and delicate nature of the special packaging. 

This is a joke, right? Santos, with all due respect, can 10c take responsibility for anything any more? From delays at the manufacturing facilities to poor-quality mailers to cyber saboteurs... There's always an excuse for something over the past three years, but I can't remember any of them ending with "Sorry, we screwed up" or even "We'll make it up to you."

Instead we're faced with silence, rote responses or in a more immediate case: misinformation (telling customers LPs won't be in stores until the 28th). In fact I had to come to this forum where I rarely if ever posted (prior to this debacle) to find out why my LP wasn't on my doorstep on release day (as advertised). I shouldn't have to do that.

I understand you are extremely busy and things are super stressful right now. I create catalogs and advertising for major US retailers so I understand late-shipping product. It happens. Late is fine so long as it is communicated.

I feel the 10c customer base -- because that is what we are at the end of the day -- deserves better. I feel this entire situation warrants a sincere apology and that some sort of make-good compensation is needed for every customer affected by this, not just a hand off to UMG and a shoulder shrug.

I also feel -- and this one is paramount -- that the Ten Club needs to stop making promises it can't keep.

I realize 10c can't compensate every customer for every mistake made, but a sincere apology goes a long way. At the same time I feel that if you are constantly making mistakes that warrant apologies, 10c should re-think its business practices.

Just my two cents as a customer.
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    It's sabotage :lol:
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    The offered a solution, I don't know why everyone is so fired up. Stuff happens, 10c offerers a solution, and people are still fired up. :fp:
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    JB106505 wrote:

This is a joke, right? Santos, with all due respect, can 10c take responsibility for anything any more? From delays at the manufacturing facilities to poor-quality mailers to cyber saboteurs... There's always an excuse for something over the past three years, but I can't remember any of them ending with "Sorry, we screwed up" or even "We'll make it up to you."

Instead we're faced with silence, rote responses or in a more immediate case: misinformation (telling customers LPs won't be in stores until the 28th). In fact I had to come to this forum where I rarely if ever posted (prior to this debacle) to find out why my LP wasn't on my doorstep on release day (as advertised). I shouldn't have to do that.

I understand you are extremely busy and things are super stressful right now. I create catalogs and advertising for major US retailers so I understand late-shipping product. It happens. Late is fine so long as it is communicated.

I feel the 10c customer base -- because that is what we are at the end of the day -- deserves better. I feel this entire situation warrants a sincere apology and that some sort of make-good compensation is needed for every customer affected by this, not just a hand off to UMG and a shoulder shrug.

I also feel -- and this one is paramount -- that the Ten Club needs to stop making promises it can't keep.

I realize 10c can't compensate every customer for every mistake made, but a sincere apology goes a long way. At the same time I feel that if you are constantly making mistakes that warrant apologies, 10c should re-think its business practices.

Just my two cents as a customer.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    I don't understand how 10C has any responsibility in whatever issues arise from the manufacture of this studio album.

To act as if they owe us anything is a little crazy. Sure, they've maybe had some involvement in other releases (Benaroya Hall and the latest Vault) but for a studio album? This is the label's responsibility. 10C was just the middle man selling the product.

I wouldn't think about complaining to my local record store demanding answers. It's the same situation here...they were good enough to get us contact information. Like any other product recall, you have to deal directly with the manufacturer.

/rant
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Indi4ence wrote:
    Replacement vinyl will begin shipping out early next week to all those affected by this issue.

I wonder when people will get their replacements... I still havent Got my original. Its been sitting in Auburn, WA since 10/15.

Santos, Is there any updates on the shipping issues?

Mine Too!
    So there is poor quality and poor shipping!
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    Thanks for trying to make this right. Looking forward to seeing my new vinyl in the mail.
  • Options
    HOTRATSHOTRATS Posts: 40
    United Record Pressing is good with Customer Service. I had several bad albums in the past and they sent me new ones. No questions asked.
    My copy is the Ten Club Version and I got it today. It sounds pretty bad. Smudges all over and lines in the vinyl running horizontal across the entire album. Edges are sharp and not filed down. Pretty sad for URP.
    “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
    -Friedrich Nietzsche-
  • Options
    BnutzBnutz Posts: 79
    I can't bitch about the factory defects, i still have not received my copy.
    I've emailed 10c twice (Monday / Tuesday) still no response, i emailed ups-mi no response. WTF is with the customer service industry today.
    All i want is some kind of answer to the question , where is my F'ing lightening bolt vinyl ?
    I could have bought a vinyl at the show in philly but i held off. The truly sad part it was only $30.00 which is cheaper then from 10C w/ shipping cost $33.00.
  • Options
    in my tree 76in my tree 76 The city by the lake Posts: 261
    I got a feeling!!!! we are gonna get screwed on this..... just watch.

We don't get fooled again

peace
    Soldier Field 7/11/95 Alpine Valley 6/26/98 United Center 6/29/98 The Ice Bowl10/8/00 United Center 5/17/06 United Center 8/23/09 Verizon Wireless 5/7/10 EV Chicago Theater 6/29/11 PJ20 9/3/11 9/4/11 Wrigley Field 7/19/13 Memphis 10/14/14 Moline 10/17/14 Wrigley Field 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 8/18/18 Wrigley Field 8/20/18> 17× United Center 9/7/23
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542

peace
    How do you figure we're going to get screwed? Santos just told us that replacements will start going out next week...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rubrichomerubrichome Posts: 21
    edited October 2013
    I "pre-ordered" on July 11. got an email oct.12 "shipped" today is oct 23 I'm in new jersey item is still in auburn wa just like a few other people . I wonder if the replacements will arrive before everyone else's first copy. horrible communication and horrible shipping people have been complaining for a wk. about quality and just now get any type of news? that's on 10c, manufacturing is on united.
    Post edited by rubrichome on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

If you are in receipt of an album that you feel may be defective in some manner,  please send an email to UMG Customer service at: fisherscustsvc@umusic.com indicating the specific issue with your copy. 

Replacement vinyl will begin shipping out early next week to all those affected by this issue.
    thanks for the update Santos and find a solution
    i expect mine around 10-15 november here,it takes like a month usually orders to arrive from Seattle to Greece,
    is there a time frame for sent that email? and that company have our addres?ou order number?name etc?
    or we need to write those infos at the email?

thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wow... yeah I was really trying to smother my disappointment when I realized the record consistently skipped in the same spot... I mean, I had to wait a week after the release date to even get mine, then I find that it's not in mint playing condition... It looks like this has affected a lot of people, not good...

On a side note, I personally wish the 10 Club versions were more unique or Ltd somehow... it's cool that we get the extra digital download stuff, but I'd be much happier with bonus tracks, extra artwork, or something to that extent... Maybe I shouldn't gripe... I'm just thinking out loud... I AM really digging the album!
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    The fact their CSR had no idea about this makes me feel like they're just passing the buck
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Ah, this must be why they didn't email me back. Mine arrived scratched up, a small chip broke off, the sleeve is a little crumpled, and the spine has a 2" - 3" split. Not sure if that's what he's talking about, but I just emailed them since Santos said to.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Well...as of 5:04 CT this person/company should have about 1500 emails to go through.
    the-motivation-0.jpg?w=500&h=407
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    Well...as of 5:04 CT this person/company should have about 1500 emails to go through.
    You really think 1500 people have even recieved their original copy yet?
  • Options
    in my tree 76in my tree 76 The city by the lake Posts: 261
    Soldier Field 7/11/95 Alpine Valley 6/26/98 United Center 6/29/98 The Ice Bowl10/8/00 United Center 5/17/06 United Center 8/23/09 Verizon Wireless 5/7/10 EV Chicago Theater 6/29/11 PJ20 9/3/11 9/4/11 Wrigley Field 7/19/13 Memphis 10/14/14 Moline 10/17/14 Wrigley Field 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 8/18/18 Wrigley Field 8/20/18> 17× United Center 9/7/23
  • Options
    Primal wrote:
    You really think 1500 people have even recieved their original copy yet?

your right. forgetting not everyone has one yet. just got mine yesterday. But maybe some are already jumping on "I have a bad copy" and emailing already. Who knows. I was just pathetically looking at the OP view count. All I know is there will be an inbox getting full by the day. :D
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul wrote:

peace
    How do you figure we're going to get screwed? Santos just told us that replacements will start going out next week...

I can't figure how they'll start shipping next week. This dude isn't going to get thru all the emails this week. Are new one's even pressed? (I guess so if they'll start shipping). I guess I'll get my answers soon. My email has been sent, I'll see where that gets me.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695

If you are in receipt of an album that you feel may be defective in some manner,  please send an email to UMG Customer service at: fisherscustsvc@umusic.com indicating the specific issue with your copy. 

Shouldn't they say what the issue is so that we know what to look/listen for?? I just received mine today and the packaging all looks ok but I'm just worried about the vinyl itself after reading about all the issues with the sound.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

I can't figure how they'll start shipping next week. This dude isn't going to get thru all the emails this week. Are new one's even pressed? (I guess so if they'll start shipping). I guess I'll get my answers soon. My email has been sent, I'll see where that gets me.
    hey buddy,did u get any answer?and what u wrote?
    you wrote your shipping adress?your infos?or just describe the problem you copy of vinyl has?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lotsalemon wrote:
    I don't understand how 10C has any responsibility in whatever issues arise from the manufacture of this studio album.

To act as if they owe us anything is a little crazy. Sure, they've maybe had some involvement in other releases (Benaroya Hall and the latest Vault) but for a studio album? This is the label's responsibility. 10C was just the middle man selling the product.

I wouldn't think about complaining to my local record store demanding answers. It's the same situation here...they were good enough to get us contact information. Like any other product recall, you have to deal directly with the manufacturer.

/rant

Completely disagree. I bet if you bought this item on Amazon, they are not telling you to give United a call and work it out with them. Amazon would provide customer service to their customer while trying to work out the issues on the back end with their supplier.
    Gorge
  • Options
    Just sent email. Thanks 10c. Hope everything works out
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...