Options

3 year-old's First Show Tonight

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I love these "I would love to run into you in brooklyn" sayings! :lol::lol::lol:

because fighting over whether or not a 3 year old is appropriate at a concert is important. :fp:

Look, the bottom line is, 90% of the people in this thread feel its not a good idea. Does that make it wrong? No. They're your kids, do what you want.

oh, and PS - I wanted to go to my first concert - Guns n roses as well... News years eve around 1990-1 I think. My folks said absolutely not. :lol: All my friends got to go and I was pissed. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,867
    I love these "I would love to run into you in brooklyn" sayings! :lol::lol::lol:

because fighting over whether or not a 3 year old is appropriate at a concert is important. :fp:

Look, the bottom line is, 90% of the people in this thread feel its not a good idea. Does that make it wrong? No. They're your kids, do what you want.

oh, and PS - I wanted to go to my first concert - Guns n roses as well... News years eve around 1990-1 I think. My folks said absolutely not. :lol: All my friends got to go and I was pissed. :lol:

Oh man I was the same but it was 93...
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    JH6056 wrote:
    So you're saying you didn't beg to go with them when they got tix for Perry Como with Mitch Miller as support??? :shock:

But that right there is the key: yes, we're all limited by what we're exposed to and our ability/inability to seek out new stuff ourselves. And there's always that dynamic, like with awful pop songs where you hate it when you first hear it, but then hearing it over and over (in supermarkets, elevators, coffee shops) after awhile when it comes on you start tapping your fingers and humming along: repetition and familiarity can start to feel like (or actually turn into) liking it.

BUT... Repetition alone canNOT make a 3 yr beg to hear it over and over. We play a LOT of different kinds of music in our house. They absolutely do not like everything we love, nor do we expect them to. The 5 yr old would listen to Bob Marley 24/7 if she could, no matter what else she hears and likes.

There's a difference between "it's good enough until I'm old enough to discover my own music" and "Please please please play "3 Little Birds" again!!"

In the meantime though Cosmo, please tell me your parents took you to see Glen Campbell live before you ditched their music? I would be so jealous! I mean that, Wichita Lineman is one of many classics!
    I didn't know anything about concerts... I was 3. I didn't even know that Kintergarden existed, yet. So, no... I did not beg them to drag me off to see Perry Como. And concerts were as abundant as they are today. The greatest thing in my life back then was going to the movies and getting to eat candy and popcorn.
    My parents also played a lot of music on my house... but, I still liked that song about the cat the best. I was 3. Most of the music blended in to a mix and i didn't know who was singing what til I got older. My critical thinking abilities were pretty primative back then, probably because i was 3.
    I think the reason I loved that cat song so much... mostly because it was my record. I got to pick it out from the Sears Roebuck and i picked it because it had a cartoon album cover with Davey Crocket, a cat in a tree, a spider, a dog wearing a hat, the Moon, a bear playing the guitar and stuff like that. I discovered the cat song myself... it wasn't on the radio... Davey Crockett was... and we all knew the 'Eency Weency Spider' song... but, i never heard the cat song before... or ever since for that matter. I felt it was mine.
    Of course, I never really thought about it like that... mostly because i was 3.
    And we did get dragged off to see some show at the Hollywood Bowl... i have no idea who it was... probably because i was 3. It was fun for about 10 minutes, then the next thing I remember was being awakened in my mother's arms as she carried me from the car to my bed.
    And yes... we watched Glen Campbell every week... on T.V.... much later in life. But by then, the Beatles and the Stones and the Kinks and Herman's Hermits had been invented and i got to pick my own music from there. i was old enough to ride my Sting-Ray down to the record store near the Mayfair Market to buy my own 45s with my allowance money. i had outgrown that cat song and was beginning to move away from my parent's music. I was no longer 3.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    JH6056 wrote:

First off, once again, where are you seeing "open drug use" at PJ shows?? What drugs?? At the venues we go to, you can't smoke at all and they do go after all smokers.

this is the most hilarious thing I have read in this entire thread... :lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    RKCNDY wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:

First off, once again, where are you seeing "open drug use" at PJ shows?? What drugs?? At the venues we go to, you can't smoke at all and they do go after all smokers.

this is the most hilarious thing I have read in this entire thread... :lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    RKCNDY wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Cosmo wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:
    So you're saying you didn't beg to go with them when they got tix for Perry Como with Mitch Miller as support??? :shock:

But that right there is the key: yes, we're all limited by what we're exposed to and our ability/inability to seek out new stuff ourselves. And there's always that dynamic, like with awful pop songs where you hate it when you first hear it, but then hearing it over and over (in supermarkets, elevators, coffee shops) after awhile when it comes on you start tapping your fingers and humming along: repetition and familiarity can start to feel like (or actually turn into) liking it.

BUT... Repetition alone canNOT make a 3 yr beg to hear it over and over. We play a LOT of different kinds of music in our house. They absolutely do not like everything we love, nor do we expect them to. The 5 yr old would listen to Bob Marley 24/7 if she could, no matter what else she hears and likes.

There's a difference between "it's good enough until I'm old enough to discover my own music" and "Please please please play "3 Little Birds" again!!"

In the meantime though Cosmo, please tell me your parents took you to see Glen Campbell live before you ditched their music? I would be so jealous! I mean that, Wichita Lineman is one of many classics!
    I didn't know anything about concerts... I was 3. I didn't even know that Kintergarden existed, yet. So, no... I did not beg them to drag me off to see Perry Como. And concerts were as abundant as they are today. The greatest thing in my life back then was going to the movies and getting to eat candy and popcorn.
    My parents also played a lot of music on my house... but, I still liked that song about the cat the best. I was 3. Most of the music blended in to a mix and i didn't know who was singing what til I got older. My critical thinking abilities were pretty primative back then, probably because i was 3.
    I think the reason I loved that cat song so much... mostly because it was my record. I got to pick it out from the Sears Roebuck and i picked it because it had a cartoon album cover with Davey Crocket, a cat in a tree, a spider, a dog wearing a hat, the Moon, a bear playing the guitar and stuff like that. I discovered the cat song myself... it wasn't on the radio... Davey Crockett was... and we all knew the 'Eency Weency Spider' song... but, i never heard the cat song before... or ever since for that matter. I felt it was mine.
    Of course, I never really thought about it like that... mostly because i was 3.
    And we did get dragged off to see some show at the Hollywood Bowl... i have no idea who it was... probably because i was 3. It was fun for about 10 minutes, then the next thing I remember was being awakened in my mother's arms as she carried me from the car to my bed.
    And yes... we watched Glen Campbell every week... on T.V.... much later in life. But by then, the Beatles and the Stones and the Kinks and Herman's Hermits had been invented and i got to pick my own music from there. i was old enough to ride my Sting-Ray down to the record store near the Mayfair Market to buy my own 45s with my allowance money. i had outgrown that cat song and was beginning to move away from my parent's music. I was no longer 3.

It's time to stop holding back key info: how old were you when the events above took place???
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    RKCNDY wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:

Can this thread end now? Most agree not appropriate to bring 3yr old. A few think its fine. Nobody is changing anyones mind. End thread.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:

That's cool, laugh at me all you like. But I have seen PJ literally at the far north, south. East and west ends of the country (including Philly, S. Dakota, Cali ant Texas) and NEVER seen open drug use beyond alcohol and weed, and I already addressed those. So laugh away, but what's the answer? What drugs have YOU seen used openly at a PJ show?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    JH6056 wrote:

That's cool, laugh at me all you like. But I have seen PJ literally at the far north, south. East and west ends of the country (including Philly, S. Dakota, Cali ant Texas) and NEVER seen open drug use beyond alcohol and weed, and I already addressed those. So laugh away, but what's the answer? What drugs have YOU seen used openly at a PJ show?
    cant remember,i was stoned :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    JH6056 wrote:

cant remember,i was stoned :lol::lol:

:lol:

the guy in front of me at wrigley was 'shrooming his BALLS off! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    :lol:
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Last time I checked weed is a drug! :lol:
    But I also regularly see coke use and yeah, plenty of people on shrooms and acid and E.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    But I also regularly see coke use and yeah, plenty of people on shrooms and acid and E.
    I have never seen any of that at a PJ show. Well....I haven't looked for it either. Im usually too focused on the music. But I don't think a kid seeing someone stoned or on shrooms would make a difference. It would just look like a weird person. It would be no different than walking around in any major city.

The weed tho, that's something to consider.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    forget about the drugs. it's the drunk assholes that ruin the experience for everyone around them.

about 15 out of my 20 shows i've been to i've some obnoxious, lewd, outlandish behavior. fights, people pissing at their seat in a cup, people pissing on other people, people pissing on piss.

FANTASTIC environment for a 3 year old. fucking bravo parents :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    JM44800 wrote:
    Much different in my house, Cosmo. My son just turned 4 in August and every day, every day, when he wakes up he asks if we can play music. When we get in the car to go to school, he specifically asks to play the new Pearl Jam or Nirvana or Bob Marley or other bands that he hears around the house and likes. When he goes to bed at night, he wants to listen to music instead of reading a book for night time. I don't believe he would do that if he didn't have a genuine connection with the music. Does that mean he is going to like these bands when he gets older, I don't know. Maybe he will, I would like to think he will because it's good music and it can transcend a lot of things, especially time.
    Things ARE different today. There are multiple sources for new music these days. The car, alone is different. Look at the stock interior of 99% of the cars in the 1960s... a radio was an option. An AM Radio. Music options were limited to 2 or 3 AM Radio Stations.
    That's why there was only one radio in the house... one television in the living room. As kids, we weren't given the option to choose music other than the records in our parents collection. At age 4, a child is only exposed to what his/her parent's allow them to hear from their collection. The young child wants the approval of their parents... they want to please their parents and one way is to emulate them... and their likings... like the music they listen too.
    For example: If you brought home Katy Perry and Lady GaGa records and plaed them in your home and in your car... hung Katy Perry and Lady GaGa posters on your walls and talked about how great Katy Perry songs are and how you are going to a Lady GaGa show... chances are, your 4 year old will believe you and folllow suit and want you to take them with you. It does not change the fact that Katy Perry and Lady GaGa sound like shit to us... to a 3 or 4 year old, they will like it because they believe that you like it. They love you and that is one of the only ways they know how to show it... to be like you and love what you love.
    Just to set the record straight... I really don't care about people bringing kids to gigs... that's their choice. I also believe you should take advantage of this time... when your kid's main goal in life is to make you proud of them because once they get out there in the world and figure out that they get to make the calls... all bets are off on their musical tastes. I saw it in my friends kids who loved the bands of their parents and now like some pretty crappy stuff that's out there. And that's okay. Parents are supposed to raise individual humans, not clones of themselves. Kids still love their parents... but, they listen to shit like Jay Z and Beyonce.
    I originally posted here only because I just like saying stuff to make someone laugh... something I've never outgrown.
    The only thing i take issue with are parents who make signs asking for tamborines and guitar pick and have their kids hold them up and they are hoisted above the audience. To me, i think that's pimping... replacing the flashing of their tits.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    JM44800JM44800 Posts: 106
    edited October 2013
    But I also regularly see coke use and yeah, plenty of people on shrooms and acid and E.[/quote]

So is alchohol, but it's legal so I guess it doesn't count. Weed should be legal but it's not, but that's another story. I have been to hundereds of shows if not more and have nver seen open use of coke or other hard drugs. Have they been used there, oh I am sure of it, But I haven't seen it anywhere by me and I've been everywhere from the pit to the back of the building.
    Post edited by JM44800 on
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    forget about the drugs. it's the drunk assholes that ruin the experience for everyone around them.

about 15 out of my 20 shows i've been to i've some obnoxious, lewd, outlandish behavior. fights, people pissing at their seat in a cup, people pissing on other people, people pissing on piss.

I don't personally mind drunk assholes usually - I take it in stride - but yeah, there is no way in hell I'd bring my little kid to a place where there are super drunk people.
  • Options
    JM44800 wrote:
    But I also regularly see coke use and yeah, plenty of people on shrooms and acid and E.[/quote]

So is alchohol, but it's legal so I guess it doesn't count. Weed should be legal but it's not, but that's another story. I have been to hundereds of shows if not more and have nver seen open use of coke or other hard drugs. Have they been used there, oh I am sure of it, But I haven't seen it anywhere by me and I've been everywhere from the pit to the back of the building.[/quote]

Yeah, booze counts. It's not appropriate to bring your kid to places where a lot of people are drunk either.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

Los Angeles in 2009... I knew that 'RearviewMirror' was the last song of the main set, so towards the end of the song, i ran up to the can to piss. There was a guy with his head... in the bowl... face below the rim... passed out.
    It looked like he'd been there a while, so I pulled him out so he wouldn't drown in a shit stained public toilet. He konked his head on the floor when i rolled him off... he was fucked up. He was okay... meaning he wasn't dead. Granted, wearing a puke bib... laying on a tile floor that probably 100 guys pissed on... but, he was alive.
    I told an usher there was some passed out dude in the can and they might want to send in an EMC team.
    But, yeah... there are some fucked up people at the gigs... even Pearl Jam.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    JM44800JM44800 Posts: 106
    JH6056 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:

First off, once again, where are you seeing "open drug use" at PJ shows?? What drugs?? At the venues we go to, you can't smoke at all and they do go after all smokers. The 2 times no one stopped others from smoking, we moved. Period. And even without my kids I move because I hate smoke (don't know how I survived back when you could smoke everywhere!). And drinking, I don't care if people are consuming alcohol, I only care how they're acting. Loud comes with the territory, and the few true asses I've been close to, we moved. Again, I don't stay near asses even without kids. So what drugs are you seeing used in the open, and where are you seeing it?

Everything else you said about never taking your kids, hey, that's absolutely your choice to make. You and your friends see eye to eye, excellent, good to have a community that reflects your values. We have a really good community of parents that reflect our values too. The kids at my kids' schools do extremely well on standardized tests. My 5 yr old and several of her friends take Judo and are now yellow belts. My kids' friends are smart, kind, and our families enjoy being around their friends's families. Our oldest is in a bilingual school and can already converse in a 2nd language. They both love to play kiddie soccer at school/preschool. In public places we constantly get complimented on how articulate and sweet our kids are, but they're just like their friends.

Oh, and we run into them and their similarly aged kids at all sorts of musical events - everything from They Might Be Giants kids matinee shows to when a group of us took our kids to see Living Color do all of Vivid recently. So our friends... Are different from your friends. And that's ok. I'm guessing one thing we ALL have in common is wanting the best for our kids and doing our best for our kids. Can you imagine that being true from your end?

Couldn't agree more JH6056! We try to surround ourselves with the types of people we want to be with and surround our kids with. Different strokes for different folks, but as you said we all want what we think is best for our kids. And if others don't agree that's ok too because it's none of their business how you, me or anyone else raises their kids. There's more than one way to raise your kids and have them turn out to be productive members of society that you can be proud of. For me, I have a problem when someone tries to convince others that their point of view or opinion is "right" or the way it "should" be and then use insults and foul language to further make them look like the ones with the real problem.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,867
    Firmly believe this is all a wind up

It really has to be

And it has definitely worked
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:

So is alchohol, but it's legal so I guess it doesn't count. Weed should be legal but it's not, but that's another story. I have been to hundereds of shows if not more and have nver seen open use of coke or other hard drugs. Have they been used there, oh I am sure of it, But I haven't seen it anywhere by me and I've been everywhere from the pit to the back of the building.

Yeah, booze counts. It's not appropriate to bring your kid to places where a lot of people are drunk either.

I don't like being around people who act like complete idiots or knuckleheads. Period. Regardless of whether they're acting that way because they're drunk, high, organically crazy, or just plain assholes. You and everyone here has the right to frown over bringing kids to big huge venues where probably the majority of people have had alcohol there and prior to arriving.

But no amount of frowning and finger-wagging changes reality: been seeing PJ since '93, all over the US, and in 20 yrs of shows I have NEVER seen any drug other than alcohol and weed used, and the vast vast majority of the people in the building act reasonable, often friendly, and have a good time. I am NOT saying people didn't *use* other drugs that night... but honestly have never actually SEEN people using them in the open. Your finger wagging simply cannot and does not turn PJ audiences into places where everyone is peeing, fighting, having sex and snorting coke.

[Edited to add, this is still true despite the fact that the guy in the other post actually saw fighting, peeing and peeing on pee! I have never, in any of my posts said this stuff doesn't happen ever at PJ shows. But I have not SEEN it at PJ shows and given how many I've seen, I stand by my calculation that the odds are in our favor and on the odd chance we ever do have the kids at a show and see something we really don't want them to see (and don't want to see ourselves!), we can get them out of the way with no big deal. Because I've done it and it really is Not. That. Hard.!! And in the end, it is STILL a tiny % of an audience of 8,000-25,000 people that are behaving that badly. It's no surprise that it's been that rare to actually see any of that.]

You have every right not to take your kid to a rock show. But until you can spell out the actual harm of taking a kid 3 times a year to a venue and show where what they will see is an audience of people dancing, jumping, singing, standing up, sitting down, yelling, screaming, and mostly having a great time... AND where the odds of standing near the 5% doing/acting in a way I don't want my kid to see we can move... Until you or someone else can explain the harm in that, you sound all hot judgemental air based on your assumptions/paranoia about the tens of thousands of horrifically-behaved PJ fans and not based on actual experience of such a nightmare.
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    I don't take my wife to shows let alone my kids

That's the quote of the week right there.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

It really has to be

They planned it since August 07 then because the OP posted this in another thread:
    Michael Jackson Buffalo Rich Stadium 1984 at age 7.

Took my son to see Dylan last year when he was 2 and he just saw the Black Keys this summer. He is looking forward to his first PJ show, October, in Buffalo.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=214762&p=5188382#p5188382
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

Well at least YOU were specific with examples of bad behavior! Very curious where you saw all of that, because I've had such an different experience. I've seen PJ 4 times in Chicago, never seen anything like you describe (just asking about Chicago because that's what your screen location says). So were these 15 shows all PJ shows, and if so, what cities were they in? (Not asking you to list them, but overall, where did you see 15 shows with those behaviors?)
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

It really has to be

They planned it since August 07 then because the OP posted this in another thread:
    Michael Jackson Buffalo Rich Stadium 1984 at age 7.

Took my son to see Dylan last year when he was 2 and he just saw the Black Keys this summer. He is looking forward to his first PJ show, October, in Buffalo.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=214762&p=5188382#p5188382

:lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Well at least YOU were specific with examples of bad behavior! Very curious where you saw all of that, because I've had such an different experience. I've seen PJ 4 times in Chicago, never seen anything like you describe (just asking about Chicago because that's what your screen location says). So were these 15 shows all PJ shows, and if so, what cities were they in? (Not asking you to list them, but overall, where did you see 15 shows with those behaviors?)

moved to chicago three years ago, wrigley was my first chicago show (which had MANY horror stories posted in this forum, including sexual assault :shock: )

i lived in NYC before i moved out here. so basically all of the shows i've been to were in NYC/NJ/Philly. been to all but one of the MSG shows and that city just draws the frat boy crowd looking to get drunk and start a ruckus. philly too. NJ is mostly responsible public urination ;)
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

moved to chicago three years ago, wrigley was my first chicago show (which had MANY horror stories posted in this forum, including sexual assault :shock: )

i lived in NYC before i moved out here. so basically all of the shows i've been to were in NYC/NJ/Philly. been to all but one of the MSG shows and that city just draws the frat boy crowd looking to get drunk and start a ruckus. philly too. NJ is mostly responsible public urination ;)

Now THAT is fascinating! I was based in either Philly or LA for the majority of my PJ years, and so saw umpteen NY/Philly/NJ shows. Basically you and I have probably been at many many of the same shows, and I guess we have just had extremely different expereinces. I believe you've seen what you've seen at 15 of 20 shows. But I also know that for me to have only seen truly sketchy crap at maybe 2 or 3 of 50+ PJ shows, that doesn't change the odds based on my own experiences.

Watch, now that I've engaged in this whole conversation and said that I never see this stuff, the next 2 or 3 shows we take our kids to, it's going to be like a cross between a rave, an open air drug market, a "Fight Club" scene, and a strip club!!! Maybe I need to re-think taking the whole family on the road to follow Miley Cyrus next time she tours... I mean, she used to be a kids' show favorite, what could be the harm? KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!! (And yes, I did feel like I had to be clear I'm kidding about Cyrus. I know how some of you think... ;) )
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I wanted to go see Hall & Oates so badly when I was 10 years old. They had been my favorite band for like 3 years. My parents, who are totally hip and into rock music, my dad is a drummer, I had been to some of his gigs, etc... they wouldn't let me because they said rock concerts are no place for kids. You won't be able to see the stage, the people in front of you will stand on their chair, etc etc... and I was ten years old. And remember... this was for HALL AND OATES. My favorite band. I remember being so upset about it but my parents were right (although honestly that would have been the tamest rock concert ever and probably totally ok for a ten year old)... and you know what? I got to go see them 3 years later on the next tour anyway. :lol:

By the way, I'm now in a band with my dad, and my one year old has come to hear us play a couple of times... once was when we played before the local minor league baseball team at 5:30 at the baseball stadium, and once was when we played at a bowling alley. Baseball gig was 30 minutes long, and bowling alley, he got bored and ran around after about 4 songs. Both family friendly environments, not arena concerts that go till 11 PM. I just can't even imagine having to tend to a toddler's needs AND try to enjoy/catch the concert at the same time. Do you just spend forever in the bathroom or saying "it's almost over, just a few more songs, you can sleep in the car on the way home!" :lol:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!