Options

"Sirens" Single + Video

Comments

• Options
    I cannot wait to hear this beautiful song in context with the rest of the album. We are in for something damn special, that's for sure.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    Abe Froman wrote:
    I think I'm starting to like hearing the sirens! Didn't know what to think first few listens yesterday. Found the lines "hear the sirens" and "the fear goes away" in my head all day today. Just listened again, and I think I'm starting to get it.

But, no matter what I'm glad new PJ is stirring everybody up so much!! Love it or hate it, it's quite an interesting debate happening over one fucking song.

:thumbup:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I think the little smile on Mike's face right after the solo in the video deserves it's own thread.
    cheers
  • Options
    K_A73K_A73 Posts: 92
    http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/09/p ... th-sirens/

Here is the link to the "antiquiet" review. the review is as good as the song if thats possible. sorry if someone already sent the link.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    I think the little smile on Mike's face right after the solo in the video deserves it's own thread.
    cheers
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    You have to check out Ed after 3-4 seconds in the video. Looking to the right and to the left like "are you ready? Well gentlemen, lets blow them away!" Well done!!! It worked!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    You have to check out Ed after 3-4 seconds in the video. Looking to the right and to the left like "are you ready? Well gentlemen, lets blow them away!" Well done!!! It worked!!!
    and they play it live.....for the videoclip,not a playback as band do at videoclips...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Is Dianne Warren a new influence on Pearl Jam?
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    if tomorrow Madonna put out a brilliant song,ill like it and listen it all day ,and i dont care if "rock "people think if its "cool" or not to listen to Madonna songs.

You have GOT to be shitting in my cornflakes!!! I'm actually a Madonna fan :lol::lol: - Like a Prayer video is killer! and the SOUNDS in that song are spot-on! Ear/Eyegasm.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    I like this a shit ton more than Mind Your Manners which I thought was, and still is, completely forgettable. I hope the album has far more songs like Sirens than MYM.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    every day that passes it becomes more unlikely that this will get a physical release :(
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,361
    pdalowsky wrote:
    every day that passes it becomes more unlikely that this will get a physical release :(

In a few day's or few hours time, there will be promo CD's of this single sold on eBay. It's inevitable.

The weird thing about all this is they are making promo CD's for them (the radio stations), but not making official CD's / 7" singles for their fans to buy "officially" @ the 10club store.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    you know ... some people don't like fried chicken ... hard to believe i know but those folks exist ... life goes on ... :lol:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    polaris_x wrote:
    you know ... some people don't like fried chicken ... hard to believe i know but those folks exist ... life goes on ... :lol:

That's unbelievable :shock:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    cheers

This. Right. Here.
    I thought the same thing!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    THE BEST MEDIA INTERPRETATION OF "SIRENS" I HAVE READ. PERIOD.
    I read Andy Greenwald for Breaking Bad recaps and I read Peter King for MMQB - pretty much mandatory Monday readings.
    I just read Johnny Firecloud's review of "Sirens" in AntiQuiet and I thought..."Holy cow, not only does this guy 'get it', he feels the same exact way I do."
    Minus the "...Ibogaine bath of the soul...", that was just tremendous and I could never describe something like that :D
    Wow

I cannot wait to see this song live...
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    This song is going to be amazing live.
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    THE BEST MEDIA INTERPRETATION OF "SIRENS" I HAVE READ. PERIOD.
    I read Andy Greenwald for Breaking Bad recaps and I read Peter King for MMQB - pretty much mandatory Monday readings.
    I just read Johnny Firecloud's review of "Sirens" in AntiQuiet and I thought..."Holy cow, not only does this guy 'get it', he feels the same exact way I do."
    Minus the "...Ibogaine bath of the soul...", that was just tremendous and I could never describe something like that :D
    Wow

I cannot wait to see this song live...
    nice!!
  • Options
    Food for thought. I don't lend much credence to rankings of music because really, the only possible ranking for art is by popularity and that's foofoo. However, I wanted to know where Sirens landed yesterday just out of curiosity.

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts ... songs.html

US #3
    UK #2
    AUSTRALIA #3
    BELGIUM #2
    CANADA #2
    FINLAND #5
    GREECE #3
    IRELAND #3
    ITALY #2
    NETHERLANDS #1
    NEW ZEALAND #5
    NORWAY #3
    PORTUGAL #1
    SPAIN #2
    SWEDEN #2
    SWITZERLAND #10

That's A LOT of iTunes downloads, my friends!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    Food for thought. I don't lend much credence to rankings of music because really, the only possible ranking for art is by popularity and that's foofoo. However, I wanted to know where Sirens landed yesterday just out of curiosity.

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts ... songs.html

US #3
    UK #2
    AUSTRALIA #3
    BELGIUM #2
    CANADA #2
    FINLAND #5
    GREECE #3
    IRELAND #3
    ITALY #2
    NETHERLANDS #1
    NEW ZEALAND #5
    NORWAY #3
    PORTUGAL #1
    SPAIN #2
    SWEDEN #2
    SWITZERLAND #10

That's A LOT of iTunes downloads, my friends!

FUCK

MODS..PLEASE....

ALLOW MORE THAN 20 CLAP SMILES....PRETTY PLEASE...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    Im starting to really like this song. Still think the solo and the chanting in the end is weird, but it's getting stuck in my head.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Im starting to really like this song. Still think the solo and the chanting in the end is weird, but it's getting stuck in my head.
    it happens to hundend of fans...the moRe u listen..the moRe you like it..
    i play it in the row,once the studio version,then the video version..repeat..
    :D
  • Options
    . Ah ah oh oh ah ah oh oh....

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    it happens to hundend of fans...the moRe u listen..the moRe you like it..
    i play it in the row,once the studio version,then the video version..repeat..
    :D
    Only listens to the video version... maybe I should d/l the album version also
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    How do I get the album version (I have LB pre-ordered)?
  • Options
    How do I get the album version (I have LB pre-ordered)?
    go to your orders,clik at the preorder of LB and you will see it there along with MYM download
  • Options
    Save MeSave Me Posts: 147
    Well it seems as if many more people like the song than not which is cool. I enjoy hearing people's opinions and this song certainly has some strong ones.

I have listened several times, which is a must with PJ songs, before commenting. I really want to love it, let alone like it, but it's just not doing it for me. Some of my favorite PJ songs are "ballads" like Come Back, Parachutes and Just Breathe but this song I find boring on all levels. Musically and lyrically uninteresting, meandering and bloated. Ed says pretty much the same thing thematically in Just Breathe in a much more meaningful, painful and heartbreaking way IMO. I actually find portions of the song cringe worthy (the "another man" line). Couldn't even make it through my last listen. I've never felt this way with a PJ song and it pains me to say it. Maybe I'll feel differently when it's in the context of the whole album but man, I think it's a pretty bad piece of music. I find MYM a far superior song on every level. Still cannot wait for the album and I'm glad that this song connects with some people. That's what it's all about in the end, a connection. I just can't make one with this song.
    "The Wild is chasing after me. Hot on my trail won't leave me alone. All I can see is your blood right in front of me, and I can't kill The Wild." Me
  • Options
    Save Me wrote:
    bloated..

Agree on it being bloated. Just listened to the album version, and when the piano comes in... it's like.. couldn't they have let that out? Together with the short forced guitar solo that throws me back to an late 80s/early 90's power ballad.

But I think it's better then Just breathe. Could have been more stripped from the bloatiness though.
  • Options

But I think it's better then Just breathe.
    even deaf people knows that!!!
  • Options
    :thumbup:
    justam wrote:
    Thank you for putting Sirens up for those of us that pre-ordered LB!
    :)
    T Chappell