Options

"Sirens" Single + Video

Comments

• Options
    The thing that bums me out is that Sirens being played during any shows I see will take away a song or two that could have otherwise been played and in my opinion ANY other PJ song is better. Hell, I'd rather hear a 6 minute story from Ed about getting poison ivy on his taint on some Hawaiian excursion

P.S. I don't need/want a piss break song.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    There are just as many people on these boards that tell the people who dislike the song that they are wrong as vice/versa.

Hell I'll go far as to say the majority of people who adore this song get overly defensive about any criticism floated towards this song.

well ... those people would be wrong as well ...

i think if you read this thread ... people in general are open to criticisms and opinions on the song ... it's when you start telling people that they are delusional to like the song where it gets carried away ...

This! Emphasis added.
    shortstack wrote:
    why does it have to be so gosh darn long? it could have easily been cut in half. ed needed to go back in the studio after everyone went home and roughed up the edges or something.
    and that video....yikes. how unflattering, the lighting makes ed look like he has alcoholic nose. :oops:

but at least ed's voice sounds good.

With all due respect, this is plainly insulting or an ill attempt of humor.
    shortstack wrote:
    Kelly Leak wrote:
    dimitrispearljam,

You are obviously a huge fan of the band. People absolutely love you on here. ...the ever-growing set of positive vibes you try to put out

it's called an agenda

And this is plainly attacking a board member. Saying that Dimitris have an agenda, makes me think you never met the guy. He is sincere and a huge fan - more of Mike than PJ, me sometimes think - who only expresses his enthousiasm. Why this personal assault?

We can do better than this right and have some mature debate where all opinions - likes or dislikes - are on equal footing?No one is delusional. Some may be overexcited. Others may feel let down. Maybe it had to do with the hype, personal expectations or a personal click - that special something that you can't capture. Maybe we should reflect our motives before we throw it out there as "absolute truths". But attacking board members or implying Ed is an alcoholic is really taking it to the extreme. To me this is the best video they made since, lets say, DTE - but that is just my opinion.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Just gave it my third listen and this really is a great song. Good for PJ for continuing to show their talent and creating something that is completely different than most of any material they have ever came out with.

And you just know they are holding on until the release for the more experimental and rocking tunes to appease the die hards.

I really do think we're in store for a very diverse, great album.

To quote Jeff once again from PJ Twenty - "We always wanted to be a chameleon type of band, like a Zeppelin or Pink Floyd and not one distinct sound."
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    SIrens video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQXP6TDtW0w

at 4:10 is the best thing i ever saw from my favorite band member after all those years...

Mike..thank you..keep living the dream....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    implying Ed is an alcoholic is really taking it to the extreme.

i didn't mean to imply that at all. :( the video was just not very flattering.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    SIrens video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQXP6TDtW0w

at 4:10 is the best thing i ever saw from my favorite band member after all those years...

Mike..thank you..keep living the dream....

Like I said, more a Mike's fan than a PJ fan, I think :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: . I wonder what would happen if he would meet Mike in real life. I think he will stunned :lol::lol::lol::lol:. I think he will be paralyzed for days... And I love that kind of admiration.

I know that I hid in a bookstore when I saw Jeff walking towards me in Prague. I was scared shitless.
  • Options
    . I wonder what would happen if he would meet Mike in real life.

ill buy him a drink and ill fuckin speak to him in Greek,no way to find words in english for all the shit i feel....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:

Well, I think you said more than that and I personally thought it was uncalled for. What in the hell does an "alcoholic nose" imply? Doesn't sound like a compliment and implies certainly more than: "this was not flattering".
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    shortstack wrote:

Well, I think you said more than that and I personally thought it was uncalled for. What in the hell does an "alcoholic nose" imply? Doesn't sound like a compliment and implies certainly more than: "this was not flattering".

kat?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    . I wonder what would happen if he would meet Mike in real life.

ill buy him a drink and ill fuckin speak to him in Greek,no way to find words in english for all the shit i feel....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: He will enjoy the drink though. And after a few drinks, we all understand Greek. At least I do. Or think I do. Counting the blank stares.
  • Options
    I am going to eat Greek food tonight.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,970
    I find this whole "piss break song" thing odd...I've never found the choice of pissing being more important to me than enjoying any song live, if I need a piss then it can be during anything - if you gotta go you gotta go. Can't think of anything worse than having a plan during a concert of when to empty my bladder.

These last few days have been some strange ones, even by Ten Club standards.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717
    shortstack wrote:

I didn't read your comment like that at all.
    I think Ed looks ten years older than he normally does in the Sirens vid. I dunno, maybe he liked it like that because the song is about him dying? :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Post deleted by Admin.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

I think Ed looks ten years older than he normally does in the Sirens vid. I dunno, maybe he liked it like that because the song is about him dying? :P

Or he gets older...
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    I find this whole "piss break song" thing odd...I've never found the choice of pissing being more important to me than enjoying any song live, if I need a piss then it can be during anything - if you gotta go you gotta go. Can't think of anything worse than having a plan during a concert of when to empty my bladder.

Pissing breaks can be annoying though. I was taking a piss break during Amsterdam 2 - my blatter was exploding - and what do I hear, far away in the toilet? Release in the first encore :fp: . Terrible experience.
  • Options
    Spags wrote:

Pissing breaks can be annoying though. I was taking a piss break during Amsterdam 2 - my blatter was exploding - and what do I hear, far away in the toilet? Release in the first encore :fp: . Terrible experience.

Ha, I spent that part of the encore trying to figure out how to get tokens to buy a sandwich. I only succeeded at missing most of Release.

But, most people when they go to the bathroom don't get to hear Pearl Jam playing Release. A rare experience you should be grateful for.
  • Options

:lol::lol::lol: you told me about it after the show,when we walked home??cant remember that shit...

fuckin Amsterdam with all that shit you guys smoking there..hehehheheehhehee
  • Options
    ZnqQ5.gif
  • Options
    Spags wrote:

Ha, I spent that part of the encore trying to figure out how to get tokens to buy a sandwich. I only succeeded at missing most of Release.

But, most people when they go to the bathroom don't get to hear Pearl Jam playing Release. A rare experience you should be grateful for.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That is the way to look at it. At that moment I was thinking WTF? Am I hearing this correctly?
  • Options

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That is the way to look at it. At that moment I was thinking WTF? Am I hearing this correctly?
    me,relay for the forum,texting Marta:" encore 1 - release
    Marta:"Dimi,no one fuckin believe you here..what the hell you smoked there? :lol::lol:
  • Options

Marta:"Dimi,no one fuckin believe you here..what the hell you smoked there? :lol::lol:

Well, at that evening nothing. But at the pre-party the night before... What the hell was in that stuff. (The one that the Scottish guy shared?) Don't remember anything about the conversation in the cab afterwards; except that I had a little paranoia attack.
  • Options

Well, at that evening nothing. But at the pre-party the night before... What the hell was in that stuff. (The one that the Scottish guy shared?) Don't remember anything about the conversation in the cab afterwards; except that I had a little paranoia attack.
    well..its well known,,,Scotland invented everything on this planet..and Greece invented Scotland!!! :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

Or he gets older...
    Well I don't think he got ten years older between the MYM video or the Wrigley show and filming the Sirens video. I do know what Ed looks like in person. I think the lighting just isn't working for him in this vid. However, I think that Stone looks younger than usual in the vid, so the lighting worked well for someone! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    59fender59fender Statesville NC Posts: 46
    Mike solo is different in the official video than what I have been hearing on PJ radio, right??
  • Options
    59fender wrote:
    Mike solo is different in the official video than what I have been hearing on PJ radio, right??
    yes,at the video played live,at radio is the studio version
  • Options
    59fender59fender Statesville NC Posts: 46
    59fender wrote:

Ah makes since. I really like the song, everyone who just wants to hear Ten and Vs songs forever can just listen to those albums on repeat. I think this song has a more modern feel but still sounds like PJ, we can't expect the guys to continue writing the same ol songs over and over, it's good to hear something different but familiar, if that makes since. Hope they play this one in Charlotte, nc and I can't wait to hear the rest of lightning bolt!!
  • Options
    59fender wrote:
    59fender wrote:

Ah makes since. I really like the song, everyone who just wants to hear Ten and Vs songs forever can just listen to those albums on repeat. I think this song has a more modern feel but still sounds like PJ, we can't expect the guys to continue writing the same ol songs over and over, it's good to hear something different but familiar, if that makes since. Hope they play this one in Charlotte, nc and I can't wait to hear the rest of lightning bolt!!
    :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    The song will change live anyway, this is only a first form.
    I remember Just Breathe hurting my ears when hearing it first, but Eddie got it right with time.
    I normally wouldn't be a fan of Black, I would doze off, but the way they PJ performs it, together with crowd involvement, makes the song thousand times better, it could happen with Sirens.

I think some people don't get the lyrics. Or I don't. 'Arms of another man' part means that, if the person the song is about chooses life, and doesn't drop dead immediately, he (Eddie) will understand, right?

I don't really think that guys decided to make a radio friendly song and thought 'lets write a song about mortality and fear of dying, yeah, that's the plan'. It is just that they combined dark topic with catchy stuff.
    Something like 'Alive'. Might end being like Alive, a celebration.

The video is fitting, imo, exposing vulnerability, flaws, mortality...and beauty of our guys.
    It's Rembrandt. :D

It is a small wonder for anyone in PJ age bracket who doesn't court the media, to make any lists or charts, so, well done PJ.
  • Options
    I can not stop listening, I think I going now for the number 150

amazing
    Ferrocarril Oeste Stadium - Nov 25, 2005
    Ferrocarril Oeste Stadium - Nov 26, 2005
    Estadio Unico La Plata - Nov 13, 2011
    Costanera Sur "El festival mas Grande" - Abr 03, 2013