Options

There is no god

Comments

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited November 2014
    I don't think we humans can understand God.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Annafalk said:

there be a time soon..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Annafalk said:

That is an entirely unproductive line of thought. Like saying, we humans can't understand particle physics or neurology, so why bother getting serious about it.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

That is an entirely unproductive line of thought. Like saying, we humans can't understand particle physics or neurology, so why bother getting serious about it.
    I'm sorry but I didn't mean that we can't understand God at all. I think God is very present everywhere and we can communicate with him anytime with our thoughts, like a best friend.
    But I accept that there are things that I as a human can't fully understand about God's plan for everything. :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570

rgambs said:

I'll bring it back up a notch! Caliban Upon Setebos by Robert Browning

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
    Is that God tapping at my chamber door? :-??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

I'm sorry but I didn't mean that we can't understand God at all. I think God is very present everywhere and we can communicate with him anytime with our thoughts, like a best friend.
    But I accept that there are things that I as a human can't fully understand about God's plan for everything. :)
    That God has a plan for everything is a scary thought. That means God plans for children to get raped, for women to be kept in Castro torture basements, for men, women, and children to lead entire lives of physical and emotion pain.
  • Options
    "Making and marring clay at will? So He."
    "Thinketh, such shows nor right nor wrong in him,
    Nor kind or cruel: He is strong and Lord. ...
    Let twenty pass, and stone the twenty-first,
    Loving not, hating not, just choosing so."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

who says god is only purely fantastic, pleasant, cheerful & only is for goodness? norse dick!
    god would be a nasty nasty energy just as equally surrounded by angels w/ harps playing in a waterfall pool sitting on rocks eating grapes or a tornado or whatever

what humans (if we can call them humans) do alot of the time is evil. freewill isn't it?

we've all heard the saying - "can't have good without bad" or however it is stated
    god & satan are one (hell aint on fire underground, heaven aint on clouds)
    get used to it

The First Testament depicts God as a complete prick. Allah doesn't come off so cheery in the Koran either. The idea that he's only kind and loving is pretty new age, actually.
    Curious as to your views on Judaism? I've seen you rip apart Islam and Christianity, is Judaism off the table when it comes to ripping on religion. I could be wrong but I haven't seen anything written from you on Judaism. Just curious, are u afraid of being labeled an anti-Semite or something? Maybe I'm wrong and you have ripped it apart?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

who says god is only purely fantastic, pleasant, cheerful & only is for goodness? norse dick!
    god would be a nasty nasty energy just as equally surrounded by angels w/ harps playing in a waterfall pool sitting on rocks eating grapes or a tornado or whatever

what humans (if we can call them humans) do alot of the time is evil. freewill isn't it?

we've all heard the saying - "can't have good without bad" or however it is stated
    get used to it

The First Testament depicts God as a complete prick. Allah doesn't come off so cheery in the Koran either. The idea that he's only kind and loving is pretty new age, actually.
    Curious as to your views on Judaism? I've seen you rip apart Islam and Christianity, is Judaism off the table when it comes to ripping on religion. I could be wrong but I haven't seen anything written from you on Judaism. Just curious, are u afraid of being labeled an anti-Semite or something? Maybe I'm wrong and you have ripped it apart?
    Sorry, not my place to jump in here, but the old testament IS Judaism.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    first testament God was not what you say a prick!
    he simply allowed all those not worshiping him insulting him with idols and pagan worship to other Gods which were really backed by his fallen angel the betrayor the devil,
    to be destroyed including their offspring because he is a jealous God exacting exclusive devotion because he created all things for his and his sons pleasure with love included and subjection from his subjects and that is fair enough, so he can,
    who are you to question a master mind with your lowly thoughts and ways when his is far superior and has I'm sure a reason unknown to all for everything,
    as the bible say, past tracing out his way are in other words nobody can know it all and it is perfection after all we are his creation as mere grasshoppers
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    JWPearl said:

he simply allowed all those not worshiping him insulting him with idols and pagan worship to other Gods which were really backed by his fallen angel the betrayor the devil,
    to be destroyed including their offspring because he is a jealous God exacting exclusive devotion because he created all things for his and his sons pleasure with love included and subjection from his subjects and that is fair enough, so he can,
    who are you to question a master mind with your lowly thoughts and ways when his is far superior and has I'm sure a reason unknown to all for everything,
    as the bible say, past tracing out his way are in other words nobody can know it all and it is perfection after all we are his creation as mere grasshoppers

"Perfection" doesn't include jealousy and vanity. Also, didn't your God admit that the flood was a mistake? Doesn't sound like perfection to me!
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    rgambs said:

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

get used to it

She mentioned New Testament no? I'm all confused with what books belong to what religion.
  • Options
    Yep like your kids know better than you ?
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

JWPearl said:

Yep like your kids know better than you ?

Don't they sometimes? I have certainly experienced that many times and I am sure I'm not the only one!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    edited November 2014
    badbrains said:

rgambs said:

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

get used to it

She mentioned New Testament no? I'm all confused with what books belong to what religion.
    Judiasm doesn't include the new testament because those are the gospels of Jesus.
    Jews don't believe that stuff.
    now I will defer to you on the Koran. :))

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    badbrains said:

rgambs said:

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

get used to it

Oh, she actually said First I didn't notice that. Well I guess that means "Old", of which the first five books of the Bible comprise the Torah..roughly speaking.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

get used to it

Judiasm doesn't include the new testament because those are the gospels of Jesus.
    Jews don't believe that stuff.
    now I will defer to you on the Koran. :))
    There is the first and second testament, the second testament is the New Testament, and Jews believe only in the first testament but not the second, they still believe Jesus is still going to come down in the flesh
  • Options
    The first testament is the Hebrew Scriptures from genesis to Malachi which consists of the Ten Commandments etc, the second testament is the Greek scriptures which is new because Jesus was the laws fulfilment in which he said the law is summarised new like this : you must love your God first and foremost with your whole heart, mind , soul and strength and the second is to love your neighbour as yourself and then Jesus died on a stake so we could be forgiven from the inherited sin we got from our parents Adam and Eve provided we repented otherwise there is no forgiveness left, just some useful information on the differing testaments which compliment each other
  • Options
    rgambs said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

get used to it

Oh, she actually said First I didn't notice that. Well I guess that means "Old", of which the first five books of the Bible comprise the Torah..roughly speaking.
    I believe she mentioned "new" testament. I'm just curious cuz she's very damning when it comes to Christianity and Islam yet so quiet on Judaism. That I find odd. She's VERY clear how she feels about the church and Islam but not so much shit talking when it comes to Judaism. Which ironically enough, shares the same views when it comes to homosexuality, women and basically most beliefs. Just saying.
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

That God has a plan for everything is a scary thought. That means God plans for children to get raped, for women to be kept in Castro torture basements, for men, women, and children to lead entire lives of physical and emotion pain.
    God with his love, gave us all free will. There is no true love, without free will.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

God with his love, gave us all free will. There is no true love, without free will.
    That's fine, but that's not a plan for everything. That's a roll of the dice and let's see what they do.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

That's fine, but that's not a plan for everything. That's a roll of the dice and let's see what they do.
    Yep subjection or no subjection, destruction or everlasting life...
  • Options
    Subjection and destruction... That's some good lovin right there, if you dealt with your kids the way god supposedly deals with us, our "lowly minds" as humans would put you in jail and give your kids to someone who knows how to love the proper way.
    In case you don't know, the proper way to love someone is without conditions, without threats, and without reward.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Interesting turns this thread has taken! I like it.

Brings to mind Gods' Dice (or is it God's Dice?) and Tool's Right in Two.
  • Options
    the proper way to love is obedience and trust
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

I agree that is horrible. It's things like this which makes people not believe in God. Why didn't he create something better, more good hearted than us? Does the positive things in this world really measure up with all the negative things?
    This is where my mind has reached it's limit, I can't understand.
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

the proper way to love is obedience and trust

So you love your children by obeying and trusting them?
    No, that is the proper way to be loved. But it is contingent on the lover to not abuse the lovee.
  • Options
    free will and inherited sin from Adam and Eve made humans like that with help and influence of the devil
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

I agree that is horrible. It's things like this which makes people not believe in God. Why didn't he create something better, more good hearted than us? Does the positive things in this world really measure up with all the negative things?
    Yeah we are on the same page there. Couldn't god have given us free will to a limit? Does the freedom to rape and torture really need to exist?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

rgambs said:

Annafalk said:

Yeah we are on the same page there. Couldn't god have given us free will to a limit? Does the freedom to rape and torture really need to exist?
    He had to prove to the good angels that satan was wrong that he knows what's best for rulership so God left the world in Satans and mans hands, that's why the bible says, the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one, and that is satan and his demons, yet we are still created in God image with love and free will which is why we still see good