Options

There is no god

satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
edited July 2013 in A Moving Train
Do you want proof,

If there was a god he would never have acquitted a shameless murder.
Proof if we ever needed it we are just simple organisms,

:fp: :nono:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    What if God gave us free will?
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Then 'god' is pretty fucking stupid
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    satansbed wrote:
    Do you want proof,

Is your God the jury members? Because they set him free, not your God.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Both sides prayed to god and god answered defenses prayers so be liked them more. :D
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    God gave us bacon and two of the biggest religions declared bacon a sin ...

:?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    satansbed wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Then 'god' is pretty fucking stupid

:lol: said the kettle to the pot....... :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    all this because zimmerman was found not guilty ?????? grow up.

Godfather.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    all the proof i needed that there is a) no god or b) a god that has zero control over what happens on earth is pretty much proven everyday going back to the beginning of time just by the amount of pure evil that has taken place on this earth from day 1.

and a small part of me thinks the animals in the forest look at us and are saying "and they call us the animals".

as for the zimmerman case they didn't prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt to satisfy the jury ... I don't think any persons from this form were there that fateful night ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    *Yawns*
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    When god created man SHE was just kidding
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

This

God will be the ultimate judge for Zimmerman
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    JBiiJBii Lake Spivey Posts: 354
    sensational title for a thread a real poker

I think it was people who found him not guilty not God, not yet.
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

This

you nailed that one ! agreed.

Godfather.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    Two types of people.

1. Soul - Mind - Body

Or

2. Mind - Body
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    QuestionAuthorityQuestionAuthority Idaho Posts: 327
    While I do agree the Zimmerman verdict is just crazy wrong.. I think there are many other examples to list as to the non-existance to a "god" that watches over all of us and keeps a record of all of our sins ~ at least that is what I was taught in Sunday services..

For me personally, I would give examples such as:

Sandy Hook Elementary where 6-7 year old babies are gunned down at their desks ~ shot multiple times

Tower I and II where people simply went to work to only turn into dust when they could not get out of their workplace fast enough. Not to mention the poor people who had to make that decision to stay in a windowell of a burning building or jump to their deaths.

The two devastating Tsunami's

The list could go on and on about how god never stepped in and did anything. That is why I refuse to hear someone talk of a miracle from god.. because explain to me why any of the victims from the four devastating examples were not given "god's miracle"..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist ~ Sitting Bull
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

This

For sure!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    While I do agree the Zimmerman verdict is just crazy wrong.. I think there are many other examples to list as to the non-existance to a "god" that watches over all of us and keeps a record of all of our sins ~ at least that is what I was taught in Sunday services..

Sandy Hook Elementary where 6-7 year old babies are gunned down at their desks ~ shot multiple times

Tower I and II where people simply went to work to only turn into dust when they could not get out of their workplace fast enough. Not to mention the poor people who had to make that decision to stay in a windowell of a burning building or jump to their deaths.

The list could go on and on about how god never stepped in and did anything. That is why I refuse to hear someone talk of a miracle from god.. because explain to me why any of the victims from the four devastating examples were not given "god's miracle"..

and what 0f the many that were or are receiving God's Miracle ? and what about a better place in heaven ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731

You talk about God as though he is keeping score...don't limit your understandings to a Sunday service.
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    JBii wrote:

I think it was people who found him not guilty not God, not yet.

THIS...This is the best and really only sensible response.
    :clap:
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    satansbed wrote:
    Do you want proof,

Seriously? Bringing OJ up again after all these years????
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    While I do agree the Zimmerman verdict is just crazy wrong..

I really want to know why you say this, but don;t want to derail the thread. ;) Don't know what I think, but interested in hearing more opinions.

As for god v no god. If you are tired of people giving praise to god when things go right in life, then stop blaming god when things don't go your way. And vice versa.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    I'm just glad I don't live in the f*cked up state of Florida.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I decided there was no God back in 1995 when Bob Ross died. I mean, come on, Bob Ross?! He should've lived forever man.
    I'm just glad I don't live in the f*cked up state of Florida.

It's not that bad. well, maybe sometimes, but not always.
    And Bob Ross is from Florida! :D8-)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    there may be a god ...

if there is ... it is simply not what the majority of people believe it to be ...
  • Options

God has given us free will. God has no part in natural events. How Earth naturally progresses is up to us, and we must overcome all natural burdens.

Why some miracles happen and some do not, I can't answer that. No one can. There are many things we do not know about God.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    Heh heh I may have been drunk when I started this
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    polaris_x wrote:
    there may be a god ...

if there is ... it is simply not what the majority of people believe it to be ...
    I'm waiting to see how the whole Belichick / Tebow thing shakes out before making a final decision on the existence of a higher power.

Is it coincidence that the Patriot's moral dirty laundry is being exposed right after Tebow came to town???

I think not. :geek:

I expect a "Pacific Rim" type battle between good and evil played out in the Boston harbor. Anything less would be a disappointment.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    satansbed wrote:
    Do you want proof,

come on dude a belief in the existence of God requires no proof. its about faith and always has been.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    am I the only one who wants to know how exactly one goes about acquitting a murder?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    am I the only one who wants to know how exactly one goes about acquitting a murder?

the burden of proof was not met just because one survived and the other died does not mean a crime was commited
    according to the laws of each state and lets be realistic the only reason this case was so blown up in the media is because it was a great race case,something the media ...and al sharpton and jesse jackson could use to futher their ...cause (jesse jackson saw a great opertunity to devert attention from his son's own case) and the media saw a great opertunity to boost rateings and we all know that equates to big money.
    it just goes to show how the media controls the public opinion or uses it to advance its own position in rateings and monitary gain, where is the outrage for the little girl that was killed for her BMX bicycle or the man who was beat to death and thrown in front of a car ? and we are all to blame for this over exposer .....just like sheep we are led to see and believe what ever the media tells us wants us to.....very shameful in my opinion.

Godfather.