Options

There is no god

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    badbrains said:

rgambs said:

My very much beloved dogs were lost in the woods for 10.5 hours today.
    Really makes me think about the way traumatic events shape belief. When you lose loved ones it is hard to believe, but when you come close to losing and get to keep, it makes it easy to believe.

I'm assuming they're home and safe now bro? That must of been some panic mode to be in. Hope all is well.
    Yes they are home, they are warm, and they are tuckered out! I never understood the love people have for dogs till I got my own. The thought that we wouldn't see them again and that they would be suffering was enough to have us both sobbing uncontrollably, but all is well and we are very appreciative.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rgambs said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

My very much beloved dogs were lost in the woods for 10.5 hours today.
    Really makes me think about the way traumatic events shape belief. When you lose loved ones it is hard to believe, but when you come close to losing and get to keep, it makes it easy to believe.

I'm assuming they're home and safe now bro? That must of been some panic mode to be in. Hope all is well.
    Yes they are home, they are warm, and they are tuckered out! I never understood the love people have for dogs till I got my own. The thought that we wouldn't see them again and that they would be suffering was enough to have us both sobbing uncontrollably, but all is well and we are very appreciative.
    Awesome!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I think people use religion and faith to excuse their bigotry, racism, and hatred.

Absolutely in many cases, but there are a ton of folks who are just good-natured fools lol. And then there are the smart folks who buy into it fully, and those are the ones who really leave you scratching your head. I think people who are naturally nasty in those ways are able to find a niche within religion from which they are difficult to eliminate.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Absolutely in many cases, but there are a ton of folks who are just good-natured fools lol. And then there are the smart folks who buy into it fully, and those are the ones who really leave you scratching your head. I think people who are naturally nasty in those ways are able to find a niche within religion from which they are difficult to eliminate.

• Options

rgambs said:

David Blaine?
  • Options

rgambs said:

For rangers fans, Jim Dolan? =))
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I had a conversation with my brother a while back, and get this, he gets offended when people call him a bigot for his beliefs that gay people are unnatural and going against god's will, that gay people should not marry, etc. HE gets offended.
    So if a guy calls a black dude the N word, someone yells "racist!" at him, and THE FIRST GUY gets offended?? what the serious fucking fuck?
    and he actually brought up the "should we let people marry animals too?" debate.

Charles R Darwin!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

and he actually brought up the "should we let people marry animals too?" debate.

Family or not, I would never in a million years know how to answer back to anyone that would say that to me. I honestly am trying to think of something right now and can't do it.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    dignin said:

That is awesome. I googled where to find one and came across this for light reading.
    The last sentence though.... shakes head and walks away.

http://www.holyobserver.com/darwinists-strike-again-in-ichthus-fish-emblem-battle/
  • Options

dignin said:

That is awesome. I googled where to find one and came across this for light reading.

http://www.holyobserver.com/darwinists-strike-again-in-ichthus-fish-emblem-battle/
    I'm confused.

“The last Tyrannosaurus Rex fell down dead over 60 million years ago. The Truth of literal biblical creationism, on the other hand, is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”

I thought the world was only 6000 years old?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2014
    dignin said:

dignin said:

I'm confused.

“The last Tyrannosaurus Rex fell down dead over 60 million years ago. The Truth of literal biblical creationism, on the other hand, is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”

Now I'm really messed up. Thought it was only 2014 years old?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

dignin said:

dignin said:

I'm confused.

Now I'm really messed up. Though it was only 2014 years old?
    I'm going to need some time to digest this......walks away, scratching head

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

Family or not, I would never in a million years know how to answer back to anyone that would say that to me. I honestly am trying to think of something right now and can't do it.
    You ask them when it was in their life they made the choice to be attracted to girls. How old and at what time? They will either admit they didn't choose or if they say they did choose let them know that means they are indeed gay as they shouldn't have needed to choose. If they agree and say gays didn't choose but shouldn't act on these immoral urges tell them god must be a bastard for creating people like this.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

You ask them when it was in their life they made the choice to be attracted to girls. How old and at what time? They will either admit they didn't choose or if they say they did choose let them know that means they are indeed gay as they shouldn't have needed to choose. If they agree and say gays didn't choose but shouldn't act on these immoral urges tell them god must be a bastard for creating people like this.
    Answer^^^^^ =D>

With your permission I would like to start using this.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

I have that argument every time my father in laws visits. My answer is still "why do you fucking care?"
  • Options

I have that argument every time my father in laws visits. My answer is still "why do you fucking care?"
    Tell him nobody cares!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited December 2014

I had a conversation with my brother a while back, and get this, he gets offended when people call him a bigot for his beliefs that gay people are unnatural and going against god's will, that gay people should not marry, etc. HE gets offended.
    So if a guy calls a black dude the N word, someone yells "racist!" at him, and THE FIRST GUY gets offended?? what the serious fucking fuck?

Charles R Darwin!

To my great whock and disdain, my own mother is strongly against interracial marriage (i.e. would be upset if I fell in love with and married a non-white person and had children with him), yet she doesn't think she's racist and gets defensive when I tell her she is. She truly seems to think that she's not. The thing is, she's totally not an idiot. She's not simple. She's complicated. She's an intelligent, intellectual, and very thoughtful person.... and racist. :-< People's minds work in mysterious ways.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

Answer^^^^^ =D>

Please do.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    this is very close to my beliefs about reality..

http://youtu.be/IQtfMR-UKd0
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

callen said:

Answer^^^^^ =D>

actually, that is very close to what I actually replied to him with. he likened them to people who also didn't choose to become murderers, etc.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

callen said:

Answer^^^^^ =D>

actually, that is very close to what I actually replied to him with. he likened them to people who also didn't choose to become murderers, etc.

Jesus.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Answer^^^^^ =D>

Jesus.
    Yes?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Answer^^^^^ =D>

Jesus.
    Yes?
    Where is that old head smacking smiley when I need it? :D
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Answer^^^^^ =D>

Jesus.
    Yes?
    Why what`s up
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Answer^^^^^ =D>

Jesus.
    Yes?
    Why what`s up
    my edit is this
    http://www.victoriawebsolutions.com/rid-e-question-mark/

that`s why there is no question mark on my reply
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Answer^^^^^ =D>

Jesus.
    Yes?
    Why what`s up
    my edit is this

Little keyboard icon in the bottom right hand corner of desktop. Change back to English and fixed. :) Happens to me all the time!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Answer^^^^^ =D>

Jesus.
    Yes?
    Why what`s up
    my edit is this

Little keyboard icon in the bottom right hand corner of desktop. Change back to English and fixed. :) Happens to me all the time!
    Thanks

I was just having a little fun. The explanation given earlier about if someone said to me about people marrying animals and whatnot seemed to be better that what I could ever come up with.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    And now, in breaking news, the Pope declares that dogs can go to heaven. And other animals too, it seems. This really puts the cat among the pigeons and the fox in the hen house. Think of the implications - for one, it's going to get really crowded now.

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/12/pope_francis_yes_dogs_can_go_to_heaven/
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

And now, in breaking news, the Pope declares that dogs can go to heaven. And other animals too, it seems. This really puts the cat among the pigeons and the fox in the hen house. Think of the implications - for one, it's going to get really crowded now.

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/12/pope_francis_yes_dogs_can_go_to_heaven/

Do animals who've died prior to this get a free ride (lift)? Are reptiles included?

This Pope seems alright overall, but still...

*shakes fist at the Pope*