Options

There is no god

Comments

• Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited August 2014
    rgambs said:

carved into a wall in a Nazi concentration camp: "If God exists, he will have to ask for MY forgiveness." powerful statement and totally true. If god monitors our lives he/she/it has alot of explaining to do. Millions of people have led lives that were nothing but pain and suffering. You can keep that "god has a plan" bullshit, if the plan is for a lifetime of pain and suffering this god doesnt deserve existence, let alone worship!

Blaming an entity existing solely based on belief for one's hardship does not allow one to evolve whatsoever. Life is about finding ourselves, not blaming "God" for not giving us a more pampered life. What happened at the mercy of Nazi Germany was done by humans, not God.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    what is bollocks?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    edited August 2014
    chadwick said:

who says god is only purely fantastic, pleasant, cheerful & only is for goodness? norse dick!
    god would be a nasty nasty energy just as equally surrounded by angels w/ harps playing in a waterfall pool sitting on rocks eating grapes or a tornado or whatever

what humans (if we can call them humans) do alot of the time is evil. freewill isn't it?

we've all heard the saying - "can't have good without bad" or however it is stated
    god & satan are one (hell aint on fire underground, heaven aint on clouds)
    get used to it

The First Testament depicts God as a complete prick. Allah doesn't come off so cheery in the Koran either. The idea that he's only kind and loving is pretty new age, actually.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Literally? You really think that literally, God entertains all in Heaven and monitors all on earth? What's your answer?

That's part of the message that's sold to young, influential minds.

The message changes as people get wiser?
    No, since there are a whole heap of adults - otherwise intelligent ones - who sincerely believe such things until the day they die. And even believe that Bible is true, or that Jesus will come down and signal the apocalypse. It's fucking crazy. Never fails to amaze me, really.
    BTW, the most prayed for thing in America is supposedly that a favorite sports team wins. Lol.
    And those people have to right to believe whatever they want, as long is it comforts them, gives them hope, keeps them looking for a positive in their lives, whatever. It's not up to anyone else to say that their beliefs trump those of another. Because they don't.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    chadwick said:

what is bollocks?

I think "bullshit"

• Options
    yes i think you're right, dignin..bollocks is bullshit. i was meaning what statement or statements shared lead her or him to type in 'bollocks'.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

who says god is only purely fantastic, pleasant, cheerful & only is for goodness? norse dick!
    god would be a nasty nasty energy just as equally surrounded by angels w/ harps playing in a waterfall pool sitting on rocks eating grapes or a tornado or whatever

what humans (if we can call them humans) do alot of the time is evil. freewill isn't it?

we've all heard the saying - "can't have good without bad" or however it is stated
    get used to it

The First Testament depicts God as a complete prick. Allah doesn't come off so cheery in the Koran either. The idea that he's only kind and loving is pretty new age, actually.
    God only chose the people that served him, the rest got defeated in war most times.
    But not without chance, when he destroyed the egyptians he rescued his people from slavery but also among them were egyptians who chose to walk with the true God, so story is you serve him your looked after, you dont you usually suffered in the 1st testament but things changed when Jesus came on earth to give chance to all human beings for Gods final Judgement day, because crime,war,destruction will get so bad. So there you have it, he is known to be a Jealous God wanting exclusive devotion to himself, fair enough because he made us and gave us everything.
    This is all from the bible
  • Options
    chadwick said:

yes i think you're right, dignin..bollocks is bullshit. i was meaning what statement or statements shared lead her or him to type in 'bollocks'.

Oh, Ha!

That I can't help you with.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

get used to it

This is bollocks
    God is only cruel when people were against him, yes he can be cruel but not without good reason, like when his people after being saved by slavery turn away from him to worship demons and false gods and incited him to jealousy after everything that he had done for them.
    Bit like your own kids defying you and listening to your enemies.
    And I admit he showed no mercy to those of the nations who were not his people but he also showed no mercy to his own when they turned to false gods, he killed them off.
    As for the bad in the world and freewill, yes we were all created with Gods quality of love but we have the freedom to not be Gods robots, we either choose life by serving him or death by defying him in his last day of judgement, and Gods enemy satan who was Gods good angel rebelled against God because he became proud and wanted worship for himself, so he became the first liar and slanderer. He was then cast out of heaven destined to be bound and destroyed one day, since he knows this he wants to mislead as many people as he can to go down with him just to taunt him, and God allows it because he has to prove a point to all the other angels in heaven that no man or angel other than God and Jesus can rule the world successfully and has the right.
    So meanwhile this is why they say it is the devils world he is ruling for the moment.
  • Options
    naaa, the bible, christianity & other religions do not at all cut the mustard for me. to me these religious outfits do not at all represent god. i read your statement the other day & i knew

i knew... that is all i will say about it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    What statement of mine you read ?
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

chadwick said:

get used to it

This is bollocks
    God is only cruel when people were against him, yes he can be cruel but not without good reason, like when his people after being saved by slavery turn away from him to worship demons and false gods and incited him to jealousy after everything that he had done for them.
    Bit like your own kids defying you and listening to your enemies.
    And I admit he showed no mercy to those of the nations who were not his people but he also showed no mercy to his own when they turned to false gods, he killed them off.
    As for the bad in the world and freewill, yes we were all created with Gods quality of love but we have the freedom to not be Gods robots, we either choose life by serving him or death by defying him in his last day of judgement, and Gods enemy satan who was Gods good angel rebelled against God because he became proud and wanted worship for himself, so he became the first liar and slanderer. He was then cast out of heaven destined to be bound and destroyed one day, since he knows this he wants to mislead as many people as he can to go down with him just to taunt him, and God allows it because he has to prove a point to all the other angels in heaven that no man or angel other than God and Jesus can rule the world successfully and has the right.
    So meanwhile this is why they say it is the devils world he is ruling for the moment.
    I love my children unconditionally.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Do you think God loves those who are killing each other at war at the moment ?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    you know what you wrote. it isn't like you've been here busy posting. go quote your comment. it is only a couple pages back

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Do you think God loves those who are killing each other at war at the moment ?

If my child became a mass murderer... I would still love him. I would not condone or support his deeds, nor defend him... but I would love him as much as I ever have.
  • Options
    God forgives killers if theres repentence, he does love but if theres no repentence the alternative is destruction its his choice, I certainly dont question my creator
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JWPearl said:

"Thats because women are more disciplined, you find there are men out there with wisdom who are disciplined but they seem to be without their own kind so go figure, i've yet to meet any aside from the Christians I know"

shows a great deal about you & your christians
    holier than thou much?
    i hope i never meet any of them

quoting around here is driving me up a wall

Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Supposing there were such thing as aliens and they were to invade and destroy every living thing on earth, give me a reason why they should spare you if you did not even choose to follow there commands they left behind by their commander ? Well this is the way I view God and his choices accept the difference is, God does love and wants his people to serve him his way the way the good book was written with love only then do we have a standing before God really because who are we to question him when we are mere humans. But we have the freewill to choose.
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

God forgives killers if theres repentence, he does love but if theres no repentence the alternative is destruction its his choice, I certainly dont question my creator

Again... I don't care what my children do- I love them without conditions. I never said anything about 'forgiving' my child- I wouldn't forgive the child for mass murder... I said that I would continue to love them regardless.

You are taught to believe God will turn his back on you if you don't do what he wants. That doesn't sound like any profound love or anything great at all. I think you should question your creator.
  • Options
    chadwick said:

naaa, the bible, christianity & other religions do not at all cut the mustard for me. to me these religious outfits do not at all represent god. i read your statement the other day & i knew

We agree again Chadwick. Two days in a row. Nice response.

• Options
    JWPearl said:

Supposing there were such thing as aliens and they were to invade and destroy every living thing on earth, give me a reason why they should spare you if you did not even choose to follow there commands they left behind by their commander ? Well this is the way I view God and his choices accept the difference is, God does love and wants his people to serve him his way the way the good book was written with love only then do we have a standing before God really because who are we to question him when we are mere humans. But we have the freewill to choose.

So he doesn't want 'love'... he wants service and to be worshipped?
  • Options
    I never said that, quite the opposite God does want to be loved by your choosing to comply with appreciation for everything that he has given you
  • Options
    god wrote the bible? the bible is not god, i am sorry but man & the powers that be invented those pages out of thin air, alot of thought on controlling the masses & how to generate funds. these things are not about god.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Not all faiths are about generating funds, theres always rotten trees about that make God look bad, and religion is one of them
  • Options
    dignin said:

chadwick said:

We agree again Chadwick. Two days in a row. Nice response.

well, sir. miracles do happen i guess. ;)
    just kidding around
    mostly i am exhausted w/ all this thread

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Im tired too I need some sleep, its been a nice debate :)
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    edited August 2014
    One day hundreds of years from now the Catholics' will buy all the rights to Pearl Jam. They will destroy, distort and deceive people into believing...wait for it....that Eddie Vedder was the second coming. They will highjack his messages of forgiveness, love, and hate etc. and tell the world he was the Christ. When receiving the host a priest instead of saying "the body of Christ" will spew out "Cropduster"...Amen.
    [-O<
    >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

In joyous part, brothers and sisters of the faith

Yeah I'll be hanging upside down and there I will swing for all eternity

Post edited by TalonTedd on
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    TalonTedd said:

One day hundreds of years from now the Catholics' will buy all the rights to Pearl Jam. They will destroy, distort and deceive people into believing...wait for it....that Eddie Vedder was the second coming. They will highjack his messages of forgiveness, love, and hate etc. and tell the world he was the Christ. When receiving the host a priest instead of saying "the body of Christ" will spew out "Cropduster"...Amen.
    [-O<
    >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

In joyous part, brothers and sisters of the faith

No fucking messiah :D

Yes, this thread's taken a turn for sure! And still fascinating...
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    edited August 2014
    And Eddie said onto his disciples.
    Go forth and be fruitful
    And leave me in my vacuum
    for when the daughters of Better men show their rivals what they have in store
    reply unto them. Bring it on cause I'm no victim.

the book of No Code
    Praise be to Stickman.
    and in the name of Eddie, Stone and Mat, Jeff and Mike
    Amen...

Post edited by TalonTedd on
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.