Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363

as i said before, i am holding in my anger until we know more details. i think it would be helpful for us all to do the same.

just sayin'.

Why is anyone jumping to conclusions? Is it worth the negative energy?
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Jeanwah wrote:

as i said before, i am holding in my anger until we know more details. i think it would be helpful for us all to do the same.

just sayin'.

Why is anyone jumping to conclusions? Is it worth the negative energy?

Nobody has made a Hitler comparison so the thread is still healthy ;):lol:
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    edited April 2013
    Boston Marathon Tragedy Met With Unbelievable Acts Of Kindness

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/bost ... f-kindness

This is how humanity should be defined, how quickly you get back up after being knocked down. You can't simply focus on the horrific acts and let it beat you down, you have to look for good.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited April 2013
    (Massachusetts) Mass general kicks ass. trauma surgeons have amputated at least 4 limbs & could probably have to remove two more limbs from two others.
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    stickfig13 wrote:
    I made a reference to a white power group possibly being involved ... is that close enough?

:)
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    My grade school friend wrote this on facebook. She is a very strong person.

"I want to share my experience from yesterday. It is important to talk and share. I was a couple doors from the explosion at the finish line. The bomb exploded suddenly while we cheered on runners. Clanking cowbells. Holding up signs of support. Boom. Boom. everyone started to run for safety. it was hysteria. I stopped myself suddenly and I went back to help and found a young child laying in the street. who was badly injured. Her leg was blown off. I held her head and talked to her til help came while Others tied off her leg to stop the bleeding. Her name is Jane. And she held on to me while we carried her to the ambulance. Jane's brother, Martin, did not survive. I'm horrified. but we are safe. It took a long while to track down my family and friends but all safe and accounted for. I am horrified and in true shock. I appreciate all the love and support. I am not a hero. I am a mother who would hope someone would come to Stella's aid in this situation if I couldn't. She was just a baby, she was so strong and brave. I'm going to try and find the family. Somehow. Life is precious. Stop complaining. I love you all."
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Boston Marathon Tragedy Met With Unbelievable Acts Of Kindness

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/bost ... f-kindness

This is how humanity should be defined, how quickly you get back up after being knocked down. You can't simply focus on the horrific acts and let it beat you down, you have to look for good.
    :thumbup:
    Jason P wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    I made a reference to a white power group possibly being involved ... is that close enough?

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited April 2013
    look at all of us arguing about this and sniping at each other.

it is times like this where we should be trying to figure out what happened and hold those parties responsible instead of attacking each other. us attacking each other is what the bomber(s) wanted. we can't focus on investigating and solving the crime if we fight each other, put out disinformation and cynical conspiracy theories, politicize the bombing, and make uninformed statements based on how we "feel" or our "gut feeling."

just sayin'.
    I understand what you're saying, but personally I think that all open dialogue is okay. There is nothing wrong with some healthy debate (which can include some bickering) no matter what's going on. That's what I think, anyway. :) I don't think it takes away from anything, and I don't think what's going on here is anything related to what the terrorist might have wanted, since there is nothing wrong with what's going on here. Or at least, it's important for people to speak up when they think someone else is trying to spread misinformation.... I dunno. I just think there can be conflict and unity at the same time. Everything doesn't have to be nicey-nice for us to all ultimately be on the same side, IMHO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Wilds wrote:

"I want to share my experience from yesterday. It is important to talk and share. I was a couple doors from the explosion at the finish line. The bomb exploded suddenly while we cheered on runners. Clanking cowbells. Holding up signs of support. Boom. Boom. everyone started to run for safety. it was hysteria. I stopped myself suddenly and I went back to help and found a young child laying in the street. who was badly injured. Her leg was blown off. I held her head and talked to her til help came while Others tied off her leg to stop the bleeding. Her name is Jane. And she held on to me while we carried her to the ambulance. Jane's brother, Martin, did not survive. I'm horrified. but we are safe. It took a long while to track down my family and friends but all safe and accounted for. I am horrified and in true shock. I appreciate all the love and support. I am not a hero. I am a mother who would hope someone would come to Stella's aid in this situation if I couldn't. She was just a baby, she was so strong and brave. I'm going to try and find the family. Somehow. Life is precious. Stop complaining. I love you all."

Wow, thanks for sharing. So sad.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Wilds wrote:

Sounds like an incredible person. Thanks for sharing. We need more people like your friend. :)
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

Sounds like an incredible person. Thanks for sharing. We need more people like your friend. :)

I think you will find that most people are like this women. Take a look at the videos. All sorts of people rushing to the aid of the wounded. You were looking for optimism. There ya go. Cheers
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

I think you will find that most people are like this women. Take a look at the videos. All sorts of people rushing to the aid of the wounded. You were looking for optimism. There ya go. Cheers

I have seen a few videos, community really being there for the wounded. But coming here, people just speculate who did it and all the negative thinking that goes along with it. I should know better, but I must say it's nice when it's not all complaining, arguing and negativity surrounding a tragedy.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    The time to point fingers is not today we need to show support for all who have been directly affected , fucking sad ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    The time to point fingers is not today we need to show support for all who have been directly affected , fucking sad ..
    Very sad... If there was someone to point fingers at, I would be able to do that and show support for those affected at the same time.... but there is no one to blame yet, so yeah...
    The story of the 8 year old boy who died is heartbreaking. His sister lost her leg, and his mom apparently has brain injuries. Meanwhile, the dad was running in the race. :( I hope he and his wife can pull through okay.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

it is times like this where we should be trying to figure out what happened and hold those parties responsible instead of attacking each other. us attacking each other is what the bomber(s) wanted. we can't focus on investigating and solving the crime if we fight each other, put out disinformation and cynical conspiracy theories, politicize the bombing, and make uninformed statements based on how we "feel" or our "gut feeling."

just sayin'.
    I understand what you're saying, but personally I think that all open dialogue is okay. There is nothing wrong with some healthy debate (which can include some bickering) no matter what's going on. That's what I think, anyway. :) I don't think it takes away from anything, and I don't think what's going on here is anything related to what the terrorist might have wanted, since there is nothing wrong with what's going on here. Or at least, it's important for people to speak up when they think someone else is trying to spread misinformation.... I dunno. I just think there can be conflict and unity at the same time. Everything doesn't have to be nicey-nice for us to all ultimately be on the same side, IMHO.
    i get what you are saying. i am talking about the collective "us", as in society as a whole. i was listening to some right wing talk shows today and they are already blaming obama and saying terrible racist things, and bashing muslims and such, which is not helping at all. we are a microcosm of society here on this board, so i sometimes generalize us to the rest of the country and vice versa. i probably should not do that, because most people that i have met on here at events like pj20 and the team mccready events are better people than a lot of the people "out there". there are some quality people on here. it was an appeal for calm for everyone, not just amt. hope that clarifies things a bit.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    PJ_Soul wrote:

just sayin'.
    i get what you are saying. i am talking about the collective "us", as in society as a whole. i was listening to some right wing talk shows today and they are already blaming obama and saying terrible racist things, and bashing muslims and such, which is not helping at all. we are a microcosm of society here on this board, so i sometimes generalize us to the rest of the country and vice versa. i probably should not do that, because most people that i have met on here at events like pj20 and the team mccready events are better people than a lot of the people "out there". there are some quality people on here.
    Well that is awful if right-wingers are trying to blame Obama. Only a complete idiot would put any stock in such comments, so whoever is listening to these nuts and agreeing aren't even worth the time of day. And for the racists... hopefully the authorities are reaching most people in their efforts to stress that there is so far no evidence at all that it was a foreign attack... Honestly, it would probably be best for everyone (if I can put it that way) if this was done by a white Christian. Sad but true.
    [/quote]
    Honestly, it would probably be best for everyone (if I can put it that way) if this was done by a white Christian. Sad but true.[/quote]

It would certainly change the face of terror a bit. Hopefully will people will wake up to the fact that we have some seriously dangerous groups living inside our borders. Groups who ironically want to keep good people out.
    It feels like most people are hoping that this was done by a terrorist group as if an American would not do something like this , i work in an office with 9 other people and everyone seems to feel like this was done by an American ...
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

I completely agree. The vast majority of people are good people who love their family and friends and are good to others. It is the others that get all the attention so it seems like there are more bad people than good.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    It feels like most people are hoping that this was done by a terrorist group as if an American would not do something like this , i work in an office with 9 other people and everyone seems to feel like this was done by an American ...
    I fully believe this was done by a born & raised American citizen & they be white as a ghost. just my gut feelings on it is all. I felt that directly after it happened.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    chadwick wrote:
    I fully believe this was done by a born & raised American citizen & they be white as a ghost. just my gut feelings on it is all. I felt that directly after it happened.

I felt that way too, then changed my mind when they said there were 5 bombs but now that we know there were only 2 I have to say I agree again.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

just sayin'.

agreed.

Godfather.
    chadwick wrote:

I felt that way too, then changed my mind when they said there were 5 bombs but now that we know there were only 2 I have to say I agree again.
    thank you for being a reasonable human being

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited April 2013
    Post edited by stickfig13 on
  • aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    With all the cameras on the streets you would think they would have something by now......It would not surprise me if this administration did one of there famous cover ups on this tragic event.....if a certain Terrorist group is involved.....
    God Bless all the victims and there families....
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
    aerial wrote:
    With all the cameras on the streets you would think they would have something by now......It would not surprise me if this administration did one of there famous cover ups on this tragic event.....if a certain Terrorist group is involved.....
    like where a guy bought new pressure cookers one day before the event as well as new backpacks

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    aerial wrote:

Oh my don't you ever stop with the conspiracy crap ..
  • aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    aerial wrote:

Oh my don't you ever stop with the conspiracy crap ..
    It's not a conspiracy if it happened.....Just going by there record...I could be wrong and I hope I am....
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    aerial wrote:

really? honestly. your hatred of Obama is clouding your mind. I would guess that it would take time to view all the camera.