Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    events like the marathon bombing and 9/11 bring the kooks out.

when we, or terrorist organizations bomb civilians in foreign countries to people respond by sending poison laced letters to government officials? we never ever hear anything about that. :think:

Not sure the bombing brought the kooks out, as the timing is interesting... The letters were received Tuesday, postmarked from Tennessee. They would have likely been sent before the bombing happened.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited April 2013
    the sad thing is some people take this guy seriously :fp:

Alex Jones raises ‘false flag’ conspiracy after Boston Marathon bombings

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/fal ... 42713.html

While the country was trying to process the terror as it unfolded at the Boston Marathon on Monday, Alex Jones, a right-wing radio host, took to Twitter to express his sympathy for the victims—and to claim that the attack was part of a government conspiracy.

"Our hearts go out to those that are hurt or killed," Jones wrote. "But this thing stinks to high heaven #falseflag."

The "false flag" attack Jones was referring to is a term that originated during naval warfare. "For centuries, ships have sailed under a flag identifying their nationality," The Atlantic Wire noted. "During times of war, ships would sometimes change the national flag they flew in order to fool other vessels that they sought to attack or escape from. They would fly, in other words, a 'false flag.'"

Jones suggested that the FBI orchestrated the bombings under the false flag of a terrorist organization in order to justify expanded security powers. The Boston attack, he theorized, was staged by the U.S. government to extend the reach of both the Dept. of Homeland Security and Transportation Security Administration.

"Just wait folks," the 39-year-old Texan wrote. "#TSA groping you at sporting events coming soon."

Jones posted a YouTube video further fanning the false-flag flames, saying that reports of a "controlled explosion” drill, scheduled to coincide with the race, was proof that the FBI was behind the Boston Marathon blasts.

“I said on air that they’re getting ready to blow something up," Jones said on his radio show later on Monday, according to Salon.com. "To fire a shot heard round the world like at Lexington and Concord, and then they do it at this same place on the same day!”

While the FBI could "blame it on the Muslims," Jones predicted "they’re going to blame it on the Tea Party.”

During a press conference on Monday afternoon, Dan Bidondi, a radio host for Jones' InfoWars.com, asked Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick if the explosions were staged.

"Is this another false flag staged attack to take our civil liberties and promote homeland security while sticking their hands down our pants on the streets?" Bidondi asked. :fp:

"No," Patrick responded. "Next question."

On Tuesday, Jones led the charge in perpetuating another conspiracy theory, tweeting a link to a strategically-edited YouTube clip of a "Family Guy" episode that he claimed "predicted" the Boston Marathon attack.

Via the Hollywood Reporter:

"Turban Cowboy," which premiered in the U.S. on March 17, culminates with a scene depicting Peter Griffin accidentally blowing up a bridge by dialing a terrorist's cell phone. But in the video making the rounds online, the cell phone scene is placed immediately after an unrelated moment in the episode when Bob Costas, voicing himself, asks Peter how he won the Boston Marathon.

The clip was pulled from YouTube, Fox removed the episode from Hulu, and Seth MacFarlane, the show's creator, responded to the conspiracy claim.

"The edited Family Guy clip currently circulating is abhorrent," MacFarlane wrote on Twitter. "The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims."

But Jones, figuratively draped in his false flag, was undeterred.

"Seth MacFarlane created a cartoon which made fun of terrorist bombings and depicted mutilated Boston Marathon runners," Jones responded. "Yet he is labeling people who merely talk about the episode as 'abhorrent.'"

Conspiracies are how he makes his money. His first reaction was to raise the possibility of a conspiracy. While the rest of us were in shock he was tending to his business.

I do not know who did it. I do not know if it was domestic or foreign. But I do know that there are those who will never accept the truth because it goes against their preconceived ideas and political notions. We saw this after Sandy Hook, we are seeing it after Boston.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    From the Taliban

“We believe in attacking the US and its allies but we are not involved in this attack."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    It's also possible that the person who did this was simply a sadistic crazy person who likes bombs, and not someone with a clear agenda. Who knows? I sure don't have any ideas until there is something to base them on.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's also possible that the person who did this was simply a sadistic crazy person who likes bombs, and not someone with a clear agenda. Who knows? I sure don't have any ideas until there is something to base them on.

We just don't know... he obviously wanted to really fuck a lot of people up... being that he made grapeshot bombs.

Insane

During a press conference on Monday afternoon, Dan Bidondi, a radio host for Jones' InfoWars.com, asked Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick if the explosions were staged.

"Is this another false flag staged attack to take our civil liberties and promote homeland security while sticking their hands down our pants on the streets?" Bidondi asked. :fp:

"No," Patrick responded. "Next question."

I am not Governor Patrick's biggest fan and I have never voted for him but I thought he handled that question perfectly.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    CNN is reporting that the FBI has identified a suspect. FBI conference at 1:30
    Jason P wrote:
    :corn: (except not smiling)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Jason P wrote:
    i just saw that..called "lonely wolf"?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited April 2013
    Wondering if it is this guy?

EDIT:

I took the photo down in case it is not a guy. Apologies if I contributed to a witch hunt.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

Now the FBI conference is at 5pm.

Who knows ...
    JimmyV wrote:
    :think: .... Well if this is circulating, I certainly hope so, because if it's not, that really sucks for him! :fp:
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,363
    JimmyV wrote:

Where did you get this photo? Lots of backpacks look similar, lets not turn this into a witch hunt yet America.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    :think: .... Well if this is circulating, I certainly hope so, because if it's not, that really sucks for him! :fp:

There is a lot of stuff circulating, much of it I'm sure completely innocent and unrelated. This guy could have 12 beers in that backpack.

JimmyV wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

There is a lot of stuff circulating, much of it I'm sure completely innocent and unrelated. This guy could have 12 beers in that backpack.
    He does have that look to him. :lol:
    JimmyV wrote:

Where did you get this photo? Lots of backpacks look similar, lets not turn this into a witch hunt yet America.

Not turning anything into a witch hunt. There is a lot of this stuff around. This one just surfaced right as the news broke that there might be a photo of a suspect.

PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Yes, let's hope whomever's name comes out first, it's the guy who actually did it this time.

I really don't get this whole media topic of is it foreign or domestic... does it really matter?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

I agree with what you say. If it is, it is. If not, sucks to be him.

However, I heard its a dark skinned individual. But I guess we will find out.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
    edited April 2013
    the power of media..seriously,if the guy doeasnt had to do with anything.isnt his life ruied already..??
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Yes, let's hope whomever's name comes out first, it's the guy who actually did it this time.

I really don't get this whole media topic of is it foreign or domestic... does it really matter?
    Yes, it matters a lot I should think. If it's foreign, that brings up a LOT of issues that a domestic attack wouldn't. I mean, if 9/11 had been domestic, there never would have been a war for the next 12 years and counting. The distinction makes a world of difference.
    The picture I posted came across my Facebook feed. My understanding is that reddit has blown up with images like this. Not just of this guy, of many different people.

PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yes, it matters a lot I should think. If it's foreign, that brings up a LOT of issues that a domestic attack wouldn't. I mean, if 9/11 had been domestic, there never would have been a war for the next 12 years and counting. The distinction makes a world of difference.

Agreed

Foreign means a lot more to the powers that be than domestic
    JimmyV wrote:
    The picture I posted came across my Facebook feed. My understanding is that reddit has blown up with images like this. Not just of this guy, of many different people.
    the theories are crazy..you know,the photo of that guy at that building...how many thought he was there cos he has to do with the attacks!!??
    the power of media..seriously,if the guy doeasnt had to do with anything.isnt his life ruled already..??
    Well, probably not. But it definitely could cause some difficulties... Not that I blame JimmyV for posting it. Of course these kinds of things are going to draw some attention, and it's human nature to look at them. I mean, that was probably the most interesting photo I've seen today. :willshrug:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    i think the opposite...cos a foreign its easy to answer why..domestic will have a lot of questions and alot of conspiracy theories
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yes, that is true I guess. I was thinking the opposite... if it's domestic, it doesn't really change the fact that foreign extremist still hate us. But you are right, if it's a case of Islamic extremist terrorism, it could start another bad chain reaction. Hopefully this administration will have a better approach.

But if it is domestic, that is can amplify a lot of other craziness in our country. The anti-gov't crowd will have more over-reaching policies to rail against, and the anti-gov't/anti-Obama hatred will get ratcheted up another notch.

So I guess my question was a dumb one. We're screwed either way.... :(
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    the power of media..seriously,if the guy doeasnt had to do with anything.isnt his life ruled already..??
    Well, probably not. But it definitely could cause some difficulties... Not that I blame JimmyV for posting it. Of course these kinds of things are going to draw some attention, and it's human nature to look at them. I mean, that was probably the most interesting photo I've seen today. :willshrug:
    how u would you feel if was your face there,andall over the world talking that maybe you put bombs and kill people??
    how people will look at you next day at the office??
    The images which have been identified came from Lord and Taylor across Boylston Street.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... dates.html

I hope this does not turn out to be another case of the media jumping the gun.

So I guess my question was a dumb one. We're screwed either way.... :(
    Best case scenerio (considering the circumstance) is that it is a lone wolf wacko and was not coordinated by a group.

A lot of the people our government has caught (or as some suggest "tricked") have been operating by themselves.
    I edited the image link out of my original post but it has been quoted a bunch of times. Sorry If I contributed to a witch hunt, not my intent.