Options

Boston Marathon - explosion

IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
edited June 2013 in A Moving Train

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,587
    Fuck, brutal.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    :(
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    any word on the cause?
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    any word on the cause?
    Not yet
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Some of this video is awful. Sounds like 2 bombs.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    What is wrong with people? You hope this is some sort of accident... but probably not. Damn.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Enkidu wrote:
    What is wrong with people? You hope this is some sort of accident... but probably not. Damn.
    I was thinking the same thing. Looks like they were large blasts, too.
  • Options
    @billbarnwell: CNN reporting that there's another possible explosive device in the Mandarin, which is down the block on Boylston.
  • Options
    Police said that one of the explosions came from a trash can... so I guess we know what caused it.
  • Options
    At least 3 dead
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    ComeToTX wrote:
    At least 3 dead

one news agency in argentina reported that, but I couldn't find anything about it in US media
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    ComeToTX wrote:
    At least 3 dead

CNN isnt saying any dead but when they show that aerial view there are HUGE puddles of blood all over the place. Horrible.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Lot's of reports of flying limbs and terrible scenes. Three fatalities would be a miracle.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    At least 3 dead

one news agency in argentina reported that, but I couldn't find anything about it in US media

Fox had it. Credited it to Boston pd.
  • Options
    @BaxterHolmes: RT @BostonGlobe: RT @JOSreports Police say are they still finding "secondary devices," pleading with crowd to go home
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Lot's of reports of flying limbs and terrible scenes. Three fatalities would be a miracle.

Yes it Would, lets hope
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    @BaxterHolmes: RT @BostonGlobe: RT @JOSreports Police say are they still finding "secondary devices," pleading with crowd to go home
    :wtf: If a bomb went of where I was, I'd be fucking out of there so fast. I can't believe people are hanging around. Idiots!!
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Boston PD just banned cell phone use.
  • Options
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Might be early to speculate but Patriots Day, Tax day and Boston. Could be homegrown
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    @BostonGlobe BREAKING NEWS: Police will have controlled explosion on 600 block on Boylston Street #bostonmarathon

Great that they found it before it went off.
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Might be early to speculate but Patriots Day, Tax day and Boston. Could be homegrown

My thought as well.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    @BostonGlobe BREAKING NEWS: Police will have controlled explosion on 600 block on Boylston Street #bostonmarathon

Great that they found it before it went off.

Nice work by first responders. Hopefully that's the last
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    geeezzzussHchrist
    wtf is wrong with people
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Time will tell.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Time will tell.

Either way it's a cowardly act. Blowing innocents up isn't liberty and freedom. It's murder
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    :wtf: If a bomb went of where I was, I'd be fucking out of there so fast. I can't believe people are hanging around. Idiots!!

I was thinking the same thing.....you would not have to tell me to get out......
    How tragic!
    I live right beside a Navy base and they have the helicopters circling like they did after nine eleven.....the helicopters circled the area for over a year that I know of.......one copter would be coming down as one went up, none stop...
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Time will tell.

Either way it's a cowardly act. Blowing innocents up isn't liberty and freedom. It's murder
    Yeah, I don't think that cowardly is the right word (I don't go for that whole "cowardly" attacker mindset generally; I don't find it to be an accurate description of what they are), but it's definitely evil.