Options

Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    It makes me proud to have seen the dozens of fireman, police, medics, and by-standers run directly at the site of the explosions seconds after it was detonated. I know its been brought here earlier, but it can't be said enough that these people were willing to risk themselves to help the wounded. Thank you. I'm proud to be a part of the fire service when I see that selflessness.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:
    I am very surprised that an attack like this hasn't happened before (Atlanta Olympics). Any sporting event is a prime location to inflict a lot of damage. What's to stop these people from dropping a IED at Turner Field or the parking lot of Soldier Field before a football game? We (the U.S.) really need to figure out how to prevent this. This is obviously beyond gun control. And its way to early to guess who's responsible. But damn, this is some real fucked up shit!

Well if it was al qaeda, foreign policy is a place to start. Stop killing millions in the middle east, stop using drones, stop supporting oppressive regimes etc...

stop being dicks basically
    So if it turns out it is a bunch of anti-government white power militia groups ... What is your dumb ass excuse?

:nono: :fp:

this isn't the time, people. give it a rest.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

this isn't the time, people. give it a rest.
    Well said and true

My bad ...

:oops:
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Don't terror jihadi groups usually claim responsibility right away. We have heard nothing.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    True heroes in this are the surgeons and nurses that are working tirelessly around the clock and will continue to do so to save peoples lives and limbs along with the people that reacted so quickly to treat the wounded and stop the bleeding.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    True heroes in this are the surgeons and nurses that are working tirelessly around the clock and will continue to do so to save peoples lives and limbs along with the people that reacted so quickly to treat the wounded and stop the bleeding.

This +1
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ok..here the news saying..

144 injured,8 of them kids..17 of them is critical.and 35 of them in serious contition..
    .,3 died..i is kid 8 years old..
    the bombs was full with spikes and blades..to make more damage..

i just read some interviews of Greek runners was at the marathon..

its really sad..lets hope they arrest all those fuckin shits did that..

the photos with all that blood around is shocking..

im really sorry..its so cruel all this horible tragedy..
    was a day of fun for the city..and end up like this..

all the best to the families..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    and something else..
    as all of us i watched the explosions video at youtube and news websites..

in all that mess,i have to say,i ADMIRE ALL those runners,civilians watching the marathon,soldiers,policemen,firemen,that after the first and second explode,insead of running,they went to help the people was down bleeding and try to help and save them..without thinking there is more bombs and they could explode any minute..

that is fuckin great..Heroes of life...
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    my thoughts and prayers to all affected by this.

Jeff.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_t2

-Notably absent from his remarks was the word "terror," though federal investigators are classifying the bombings as a terror event. It is not clear if it's from a domestic or foreign source, a federal law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said.-

I think we all have an idea what group is responisable for this but in any case who ever did this it is an act of TERRORISM plain and simple and the death penalty is in order for ALL the persons involved in planting these bombs.

Godfather.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Godfather. wrote:
    I think we all have an idea what group is responisable for this but in any case who ever did this it is an act of TERRORISM plain and simple and the death penalty is in order for ALL the persons involved in planting these bombs.

Godfather.

what group might that be!?

i honestly don't know ... from what i can gather - we still don't know ... i think it best still to wait until the facts come in ...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    We have ideas but we don't know. It could just as easily have been another Tim McVeigh as it could have been another Mohammad Atta.

And yes...the death penalty is in order.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    The 8-year-old boy killed in the Boston Marathon terror attack has been identified as Martin Richard, the son of a local community leader.

Martin's father, William Richard of Dorchester, Mass., was running in the race as family members watched near the finish line, the Boston Globe reported.

The boy's 5-year-old sister lost a leg in the attack, and his mother suffered a brain injury, according to reports.

"Anyone from Dorchester is considered family my heart breaks for baby martin go hug your family and tell them you love them," a New Englander tweeted early Tuesday morning.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/ ... -1.1317909

God bless that family and all the victims of yesterday's terror attack.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    JimmyV wrote:
    We have ideas but we don't know. It could just as easily have been another Tim McVeigh as it could have been another Mohammad Atta.

Agree with the first part, not so much with the death penalty, ONLY because I really don't think the death penalty is something the people that do these types of things are worried about.

There has to be a better deterrent, something that these kind of people ARE worried about.

My thoughts and prayers with the familys and victims.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    The 8-year-old boy killed in the Boston Marathon terror attack has been identified as Martin Richard, the son of a local community leader.

Martin's father, William Richard of Dorchester, Mass., was running in the race as family members watched near the finish line, the Boston Globe reported.

The boy's 5-year-old sister lost a leg in the attack, and his mother suffered a brain injury, according to reports.

"Anyone from Dorchester is considered family my heart breaks for baby martin go hug your family and tell them you love them," a New Englander tweeted early Tuesday morning.

Just horrible. :(
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options

:(
  • Options
    Really hard to explain just how much the Marathon means in this city. It isn't just a race. Leigh Montville does a good job here:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/44893972

• Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15/photo-obama-gets-updates-on-boston-bombings/?hpt=hp_t2

-Notably absent from his remarks was the word "terror," though federal investigators are classifying the bombings as a terror event. It is not clear if it's from a domestic or foreign source, a federal law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said.-

Godfather.

my belief is that him not mentioning the word "terror" was deliberate, for two reasons:
    1) they don't want to begin mass panic
    2) they don't want an anti-mideastern people sentiment to erupt
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    I think it is very sad that anyone cares whether or not Obama used the word "terror". Who gives a shit? Several people are dead....more are dying...even more have lost limbs or have other lifelong injuries. We've really lost focus if we are all going to pretend we are english professors and debate coaches.

I can't wait till they find who did this.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    at first my money was on home grown domestic terror, i was playing the percentages...now it seems like it was much more planned out, we'll see hopefully
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243
    Media blows it again.........No other bombs were found.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

my belief is that him not mentioning the word "terror" was deliberate, for two reasons:

3) they don't want to say it happened on their watch. Just like fort hood wasn't terror, just like Bengazi wasn't terror.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    Media blows it again.........No other bombs were found.
    yeah, there were all kinds of errors yesterday.

the ny post said yesterday that 12 were dead. in the press conference the guy said "i don't know where they are getting their information".
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    alex jones said this was a false flag incident so that the government can take our rights away.

:fp:

i saw the memes all over facebook yesterday jumping to all kinds of conclusions. i am going to save my anger until i find out who i am supposed to be angry at.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    unsung wrote:

3) they don't want to say it happened on their watch. Just like fort hood wasn't terror, just like Bengazi wasn't terror.

“Two hours after an attack, it’s appropriate for the President to be one of the most cautious people speaking.”

-- Ari Fleischer

Obama said exactly what he should have said yesterday.

• Options
    the wolf wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Agree with the first part, not so much with the death penalty, ONLY because I really don't think the death penalty is something the people that do these types of things are worried about.

There has to be a better deterrent, something that these kind of people ARE worried about.

My thoughts and prayers with the familys and victims.

I'm pretty sure there is no deterrent for such cowardly and radical bastards. I'm not sure who is responsible: could be a number of moronic, savage, angry types with a variety of bullshit causes. Regardless of whoever is at the root of the situation... death. They've earned it. I might even be as bold to say death to their supporters as well.

Chicken shit, evil, rat bastards.

I'm just sick thinking of the suffering and anguish people there have been forced to endure.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    unsung wrote:

“Two hours after an attack, it’s appropriate for the President to be one of the most cautious people speaking.”

-- Ari Fleischer

Obama said exactly what he should have said yesterday.

Take a break, Unsung. Seriously. Let the blood dry before you begin spinning your incoherent, paranoid, and radical theories about the man you despise so much. This shouldn't be a 'right' and a 'left' thing for you: this should be an 'us' thing for you. Geez, man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    the picture of the "mystery man on the roof" has been making its rounds all over the internet. of course it could be a member of the media, a spectator, the building's superintendent. when i originally saw the picture, i thought someone maybe photoshopped him in, but he is visible in the videos that keep replaying the blast from a certain angle.

none the less, gave me the chills and is pretty eerie.

http://www.dbtechno.com/curiosity/2013/ ... on-photos/