Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Moonpig wrote:

The skanks lawyer said she was working 70-80 hours a week as a home healthcare aide so even at minimum wage that would put her well above the income limits for her household required for eligibility. That doesn't count any money they received from either of their parents which would be added to the totals.

I guess you've made your mind up then, burn the bitch at the stake.

If you understand basic math and read about welfare limits it doesn't take much to come to the obvious conclusion that she cheated the system. This is the least of her problems though, even if she had nothing to do with the actual attacks which is highly unlikely that phone call she got from her husband after the attack and after he was named a suspect will come back to bite her in the ass . :D
  • MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    Moonpig wrote:

The skanks lawyer said she was working 70-80 hours a week as a home healthcare aide so even at minimum wage that would put her well above the income limits for her household required for eligibility. That doesn't count any money they received from either of their parents which would be added to the totals.

I guess you've made your mind up then, burn the bitch at the stake.

If you understand basic math and read about welfare limits it doesn't take much to come to the obvious conclusion that she cheated the system. This is the least of her problems though, even if she had nothing to do with the actual attacks which is highly unlikely that phone call she got from her husband after the attack and after he was named a suspect will come back to bite her in the ass . :D

I understand basic math, my point was not that. I am making reference to the vitriol you are typing about someone and something you neither know nothing about and have yet to receive full facts on.

I'm not saying she's innocent at all, I'm simply referring to that god given notion that Americans preach tithe rest of the world about a fair justice system where the onus is on the accuser to prove guilt. (I guess that rule only applies sometimes though)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Moonpig wrote:

I'm not saying she's innocent at all, I'm simply referring to that god given notion that Americans preach tithe rest of the world about a fair justice system where the onus is on the accuser to prove guilt. (I guess that rule only applies sometimes though)

I hear what you are saying but comments on a message board have nothing to do with the concept of innocent until proven guilty. She could be guilty as sin beyond all reasonable doubt and she still would be entitled to a fair trial by a jury of her peers. And if she is charged, she will receive one. I wouldn't use some of the language that has been tossed around here but if there is evidence that she was involved in this I would like to see her charged. I don't think that equates with calling for her to be burned at the stake.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV wrote:
    Moonpig wrote:

I hear what you are saying but comments on a message board have nothing to do with the concept of innocent until proven guilty. She could be guilty as sin beyond all reasonable doubt and she still would be entitled to a fair trial by a jury of her peers. And if she is charged, she will receive one. I wouldn't use some of the language that has been tossed around here but if there is evidence that she was involved in this I would like to see her charged. I don't think that equates with calling for her to be burned at the stake.

If she's guilty, throw the book at her, absolutely. My point is that some on here seem to be using this story as an outlet to their clear distaste for a certain religion.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    She made a phone call where she warned her husband he was being watched when they appeared on tv as suspects. If she would've contacted authorities maybe they would've caught them before they murdered the cop. :fp:
    Moonpig wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    Moonpig wrote:

If she's guilty, throw the book at her, absolutely. My point is that some on here seem to be using this story as an outlet to their clear distaste for a certain religion.

And I'm not saying you are wrong, some may be. For what it's worth, I do think that Katherine Russell, a white American girl from North Kingstown, Rhode Island, is not the spitting image these people you are referring to picture when thinking about this certain religion.

kathrine-russel-dulu-e1366973337429.jpg

Maybe it will be revealed that she is just someone who married poorly and that she had nothing to do with this at all. But the phone call to the husband is troubling, as is the lawyer she hired who has represented several high profile terrorism suspects. We'll see.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    im very curious how this will end up about the woman
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    JimmyV wrote:

And I'm not saying you are wrong, some may be. For what it's worth, I do think that Katherine Russell, a white American girl from North Kingstown, Rhode Island, is not the spitting image these people you are referring to picture when thinking about this certain religion.

kathrine-russel-dulu-e1366973337429.jpg

Maybe it will be revealed that she is just someone who married poorly and that she had nothing to do with this at all. But the phone call to the husband is troubling, as is the lawyer she hired who has represented several high profile terrorism suspects. We'll see.

I get what you are saying, but to be fair, people on these boards have expressed on more than one occasion that they are against all of the muslim faith. Picking and choosing would somehow assume they are applying a certain logic to their stupidity.

For what it's worth, if my face came up on the tv accompanied by a voice over saying authorities wanted to speak to me, I'm pretty sure my fiancee would call me too.

Just saying
    I have walked by this memorial every morning since Copley Square reopened. It was a beautiful collection of tributes that mourners originally began leaving at the corner or Berkeley and Boylston Streets, the closest you could get to the bomb sites in the first few days after the attacks. When Copley reopened, city officials relocated the memorial and it grew. And grew.

I am glad these tributes will be maintained in the city archives...but the time had come for this temporary memorial to come down. A permanent memorial should and will no doubt be erected in its place.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/06 ... story.html

In the half-light of dawn, with runners and relatives of the victims watching, they snapped on rubber gloves, unfurled rolls of plastic bags, and began by untying the knots of all the tangled shoelaces.

At the city’s behest, about a dozen people gathered at Copley Square and meticulously picked through the makeshift memorial of the Marathon bombings, preserving for posterity the hundreds of sodden shoes hanging from metal barriers, the weathered banners, the shirts, hats, and many other symbols of compassion left there over the past two months.

Sarah Norcott, who was on Boylston Street on Marathon Day, and her friend Gina Gallagher, a runner who was stopped less than a mile from the finish line, jogged over to witness the dismantling of a place that has drawn thousands of people to seek solace and offer prayers since the attacks, which killed three people and wounded more than 260.

“I wanted to pay my last respects,” said Norcott, 32, of South Boston, who was drinking a cocktail at Max Brenner when the bombs exploded on the sidewalk outside the restaurant.

She and Gallagher teared up as the volunteers worked quickly before the morning commute. “It’s really hard to watch them doing this,” said Gallagher, 32, of Quincy, who was stopped near Massachusetts Avenue with thousands of other runners during the Marathon.

City officials last week said the time had come to remove the temporary memorial, which has grown every day over the past two months with everything from stuffed animals to paper cranes. The material from the memorial will eventually be placed in the city archives.

In a letter he sent to survivors and victims’ families, Mayor Thomas M. Menino wrote, “It is my hope that the respectful closing of the temporary memorial will help us all look to the future.”

The somber work began shortly before 6 a.m. when officials from the mayor’s office, the city archives, and volunteers from the New England Museum Association and workers from Polygon, a Georgetown company that helps preserve artifacts, began collecting anything of potential value.

From Boston.com:

BREAKING NEWS: State and federal indictments to be announced against alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    He gets to live knowing that he killed his brother by running him over.

Hmm. Guess that makes him a killer of Muslims and a kinslayer.
    Jason P wrote:
    He gets to live knowing that he killed his brother by running him over.

Hmm. Guess that makes him a killer of Muslims and a kinslayer.

Are other Muslims now obligated to rise up and kill him? A vicious circle it seems.

I vote on using one of these things to launch him into a hungry bear pit.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Jason P said:

nice idea

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • i disagree with the death penalty. but if any senseless crime would make me reconsider, it is this case. this kid is a coward.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225

i disagree with the death penalty. but if any senseless crime would make me reconsider, it is this case. this kid is a coward.

I agree. I think the Death Penalty is almost too good for this guy.
    Let him live amongst the animals in prison for the rest of his life... you know, the psycho lifers with their faces all tatted up with devils and skulls and swastikas.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    just think... the older brother if he was a decent guy & not some asshole pressure cooker bomber, he could still be at home having sexual intercourse w/ his pretty nice looking wife. but noooo he had to be an idiot & act the fool
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Link wouldn't open for me, but I am assuming the prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for this piece of shit.

Good.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Cosmo said:

i disagree with the death penalty. but if any senseless crime would make me reconsider, it is this case. this kid is a coward.

Let him live amongst the animals in prison for the rest of his life... you know, the psycho lifers with their faces all tatted up with devils and skulls and swastikas.
    He's never going to wind up in GA population, if he doesn't get put down like he deserves to for what he did than this is where he'll go and taxpayers will be on the hook for this worthless piece of shit for the next 50+ years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence
  • Cosmo said:

He's never going to wind up in GA population, if he doesn't get put down like he deserves to for what he did than this is where he'll go and taxpayers will be on the hook for this worthless piece of shit for the next 50+ years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence
    Bingo.

That's why death is more than appropriate for this useless example of a human being. Guarantee me general population and I'd be okay with that. If you are suggesting protective custody- with nice warm meals, good books, and the internet... fuck that.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    I also disagree with the death penalty and this is tough because to be against the death penalty, how do you make an exception? But maybe there really are exceptions to the rule.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PingfahPingfah Posts: 350
    brianlux said:

I also disagree with the death penalty and this is tough because to be against the death penalty, how do you make an exception? But maybe there really are exceptions to the rule.

If that's what you think, then you are not opposed to the death penalty.

edited January 2014
    This is why I am in favor of the death penalty but against many of the instances where it is has been carried out. It should be reserved for the worst of crimes and when the issue of guilt is beyond question. This case is a check in both boxes. Too often we see it used when a check can be placed in the former box but not the latter.

Tsarnaev chose this path willingly. His behavior in the hours after the attack show he had no remorse for his crime. The ultimate punishment should be carried out.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• brianlux said:

The petit murders in ct is a perfect example both were caught at the scence there was no doubt about their guilt. Also saw this the other day absolutely fucking disgusting both should face death for what they did.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1594744
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    JimmyV said:

This is why I am in favor of the death penalty but against many of the instances where it is has been carried out. It should be reserved for the worst of crimes and when the issue of guilt is beyond question. This case is a check in both boxes. Too often we see it used when a check can be placed in the former box but not the latter.

Tsarnaev chose this path willingly. His behavior in the hours after the attack show he had no remorse for his crime. The ultimate punishment should be carried out.

Amen.

Pingfah said:

brianlux said:

How I feel or think and how I act are not always the same. Call that a character flaw- it wouldn't be my only one. Imagine that. No, at the end of the day, I'm still against the death penalty.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited January 2014
    brianlux said:

Pingfah said:

brianlux said:

How I feel or think and how I act are not always the same. Call that a character flaw- it wouldn't be my only one. Imagine that. No, at the end of the day, I'm still against the death penalty.

Character flaw? Maybe, Human Nature, perhaps? Hypocritical, for sure. (this is a general post)

If he showed remorse, would we then really be like "no death penalty?" (maybe some, but I doubt most would say that), is the criteria for the death penalty because someone kills innocent people? If that's the case, then our own governments, leaders and army folk should be in line next.

No doubt the hypocrisy part will come into play at this point, I mean we all know that when our government(s) sends people to kill and do kill, all is forgiven.
    -

If the soldiers, leaders, presidents and supporters were to use the same reasoning and hold themselves to the same standards, watch how quickly we would take war off the table, if our president(s) were able to face the death penalty for being responsible for killing innocent people, i'm confident they would bomb less, and act/find non violent ways for solutions.

I make no distinction between this terrorist blowing up a marathon and us dropping a bomb on a village, when we know full well that innocent people will die with those bombs. But we justify those deaths/murders, we don't even call them 'innocents' we call them 'collateral damage'.

and let's face it, this terrorists justification for doing what he did (not that it was at all justified) was because he felt anger for people that we have killed and the many families we have destroyed in foreign lands, it's a cycle that will continue until we use our brains to come up with a plan for a better society, one not based on ego and hypocrisy.

As it's been said "Tsarnaev chose this path willingly" "The ultimate punishment should be carried out."

Where is our soldiers just follow the path, whatever path they are directed to follow, even if at the end of that path is a family who have done nothing to deserve the punishment they will receive. The ones who kill are exempt from punishment simply because it was ordered by the government, in this case the same government (now) who wants this terrorist Tsarnaev executed.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

To cite The Dept of Defense, these acts were 'heinous, cruel and were done in a depraved manner”...So let's be true, and hold ourselves/leaders to these standards.

^^^ YA! Right on, Idris!