Options

Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited April 2015
    edited for quoting fuckups, but to callen -

You know, I gave a legit answer based in honesty, not superiority.

No need to be rude to me.

Rise above indeed.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Not sure either, Jimmy. I can't imagine being stoic throughout the testimony and evidence presented.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    So in other words:

"Jury, even though we all think this piece of shit is a piece of shit... try not to think of him as a piece of shit when you deliberate for the next 4 minutes."
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

JimmyV said:
    So in other words:

"Jury, even though we all think this piece of shit is a piece of shit... try not to think of him as a piece of shit when you deliberate for the next 4 minutes."
    Do you really think it will take that long?2 min max.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    edited April 2015
    Yep, they should really only need a few minutes to deliberate. I thought they had to consider the death penalty at this point - which will take some time, I'm sure - but not yet. That comes later.

Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Cal,what's needed is you should volunteer and spend some quality time with this young mass murderer,shit sorry i mean troubled young man.
    Maybe you guys can talk about his feelings,bake a cake or some cookies,bond a bit.
    Tell him it's all ok ,we understand.Some bad people in govt did some bad things against people the same religion as him and we completely understand his blowing up of women and children.
    Silly mammal.

Really?!?!? Where in my post did I want to rehabilltate this guy? Really?!?!?! Completely missed the point. But okay....I expected answers just as this.

But go kill the fker...he needs to be brutilized in prison..git wat he deserves...HEELL lets get all them evil basturds...send our hero Amerkin troops and bomb the shit out of em.

Don't be silly cal,You don't want to bomb a prison.

But your right he should get what he deserves.Maybe one of the children left without a parent has some ideas on proper outcome of fitting punishment.

same thought pattern as the bomber...
    Haha,except for one tiny little detail.I don't blow people up.
    That's kinda of a big deal.

Eh kinda you do. Just through those brave soldiers your Supporting to fight for your freedom. Gettin the Evil doers.

Same mindset.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

callen said:

jeffbr said:

I want that guy to live a horrifically brutal life and suffer mentally for his actions. I don't care how insensitive and cold that sounds.

It does sound insensitive and cold. And that is exactly the kind of reaction it should invoke. This guy deserves nothing more. I agree with you, and hope he suffers emotionally for the rest of his life however long or short that might be.
    No no no no.

What are you guys? To wish something so horrible on this person is sick- he's a human being you know.

We should really quickly forgive him with some counselling and make him understand how wrong it was to blow up people at the Boston Marathon. That way... we could all move on more quickly.
    Rise above. Think of solutions.

Tell us one.
    Think about bombing for Halliburton rather than just jumping in with ones hate of evil doers.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Deliberations will begin tomorrow at 9am. The jury needs to elect a foreman at the start. That might take longer than reaching a verdict.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Human T-Shirt cannon + Boston Hahbah
  • Options
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Cal,what's needed is you should volunteer and spend some quality time with this young mass murderer,shit sorry i mean troubled young man.
    Maybe you guys can talk about his feelings,bake a cake or some cookies,bond a bit.
    Tell him it's all ok ,we understand.Some bad people in govt did some bad things against people the same religion as him and we completely understand his blowing up of women and children.
    Silly mammal.

Really?!?!? Where in my post did I want to rehabilltate this guy? Really?!?!?! Completely missed the point. But okay....I expected answers just as this.

But go kill the fker...he needs to be brutilized in prison..git wat he deserves...HEELL lets get all them evil basturds...send our hero Amerkin troops and bomb the shit out of em.

But your right he should get what he deserves.Maybe one of the children left without a parent has some ideas on proper outcome of fitting punishment.

Eh kinda you do. Just through those brave soldiers your Supporting to fight for your freedom. Gettin the Evil doers.

Same mindset.
    I truly don't see the connection Cal.My wanting justice forthe victims of the Boston Bombing and punishment for the murdering little shithead,and you tie it up with supporting the troops.Maybe I've just had a long day,but I'm not seeing it.
  • Options
    If you predicted more than three hours to reach a verdict then you are better at this than I am.

I guess if you were a juror and had sat in the courtroom listening to nightmare testimony for as long as these poor people have, when the time to discuss finally came you might have quite a bit to say. I've said it before but I truly don't envy them.

• Options
    And...they have to vote on each and every one of these counts.

• Options
    Jesus. Talk about not envying such a burden.

Feels weird saying this, but thank you for putting things in perspective.

You and your city are in my (good) thoughts.
  • Options
    Thanks, Hedonist. Will be glad when this trial is over.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    hedonist said:

edited for quoting fuckups, but to callen -

You know, I gave a legit answer based in honesty, not superiority.

No need to be rude to me.

Rise above indeed.

Don't take it personally wasn't directed entirely at you. More at all the ones calling for revenge yet fail to see they are just like this idiot.
    rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Silly mammal.

Same mindset.
    I truly don't see the connection Cal.My wanting justice forthe victims of the Boston Bombing and punishment for the murdering little shithead,and you tie it up with supporting the troops.Maybe I've just had a long day,but I'm not seeing it.
    Will try to avoid using word "you".

We talk of how we want to get back at the bomber. Many want him executed for what he did. Bomber had exact same feelings about getting back Americans because his people are killed by our soldiers. Same shit.

And though I shouldn't have to say this, but to avoid the predictable responses, no I am not supporting what bomber did. Not saying it's okay. Jeese.

But if you scream from roof Top to kill this bastard and support our troops going and killing for freedom ...aka...corporations you are a part of the problem and have same mental thoughts as this bomber. Though you have others fight your fight.

I get some will not be able process this.
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    Someone replies directly to me - well yes, I must assume it IS a direct response.

Anyway, how about some circumspect and respect for it all going down at the moment?

No screaming, no rooftops.

It's actually OK to just let it be for awhile.
  • Options
    Respect for what?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    edited April 2015
    callen said:

Will try to avoid using word "you".

We talk of how we want to get back at the bomber. Many want him executed for what he did. Bomber had exact same feelings about getting back Americans because his people are killed by our soldiers. Same shit.

And though I shouldn't have to say this, but to avoid the predictable responses, no I am not supporting what bomber did. Not saying it's okay. Jeese.

But if you scream from roof Top to kill this bastard and support our troops going and killing for freedom ...aka...corporations you are a part of the problem and have same mental thoughts as this bomber. Though you have others fight your fight.

I get some will not be able process this.

Why are most statements you make so confrontational? It's pretty much your way or else you're an idiot. God forbid someone have a different opinion than the almighty Callen.

Someone thinks this guy should be executed and you call them an idiot and compare them to a terrorist who attacked innocent people. What a fucking joke.
  • Options
    callen said:

Respect for what?

Not for what, for whom.

Respect for the citizens of the city, and for those who lost loved ones or had their lives changed forever, by the means and intent of a couple of sick, selfish men.
  • Options
    Because we need. Confrontation. We need to break out of this violence cycle. We need to look at ourselves versus the same old "they are the evil ones and we are so fucking grand."

And some will never be able to wrap their heads around that and the fucking people in power Love it.
  • Options
    The problem is that you show zero respect for anyone who has a different opinion than yours so it's pretty fucking pointless to even get into anything with you.
  • Options

The problem is that you show zero respect for anyone who has a different opinion than yours so it's pretty fucking pointless to even get into anything with you.

Do you have a differing opinion? If you do let's hear it. Always more than happy to discuss and more than happy to admit when I'm wrong.

What I write is very strongly written and confrontational and yes sure I sound like I'm an ass at times but we waffle in our greatness and sometimes takes some strong points and uncomfortable points to get us out of our fantasy world.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The brothers have also been potentially tied to cutting the necks of three of their friends for dealing weed ... then is it OK to want to drop this guy in a volcano pit if he is convicted with a clear conscious?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

callen said:

Respect for what?

Not for what, for whom.

Respect for the citizens of the city, and for those who lost loved ones or had their lives changed forever, by the means and intent of a couple of sick, selfish men.
    So your saying I'm disrespecting the family of loved ones by discussing this case while it's on trial?

So we should have 2 days of silence and prayer? When can we again discuss?
  • Options
    On a PJ message board?
  • Options
    callen said:

Do you have a differing opinion? If you do let's hear it. Always more than happy to discuss and more than happy to admit when I'm wrong.

What I write is very strongly written and confrontational and yes sure I sound like I'm an ass at times but we waffle in our greatness and sometimes takes some strong points and uncomfortable points to get us out of our fantasy world.
    I really don't have a strong opinion either way about this particular issue. I only chimed in here because it gets really old to see you talking down to people and unable to respect the fact that people may think differently than you. It's one thing to debate a topic/issue, but it's another thing to resort to name-calling and telling people that their thoughts are unhealthy.
  • Options
    callen said:

Because we need. Confrontation. We need to break out of this violence cycle. We need to look at ourselves versus the same old "they are the evil ones and we are so fucking grand."

And some will never be able to wrap their heads around that and the fucking people in power Love it.

Here's a suggestion. Worry more about the "me" and "I" with these sweeping needs applied. Pretty sure I know what's best for me and what common sense dictates.

Sidenote - it's a bit strange how the railing against so-called confrontation is spoken by those who help to create it.

Double standard.
    callen said:

hedonist said:

callen said:

Respect for what?

Not for what, for whom.

So your saying I'm disrespecting the family of loved ones by discussing this case while it's on trial?

So we should have 2 days of silence and prayer? When can we again discuss?
    Not even close, callen. This is a leap. An unfair one at that.

And to Indifference - last sentence, absolutely.
  • Options
    One thing to be confrontational on points versus ones personality. We sometimes like to gang up on folks.
  • Options
    Cal,we don't always agree,but you are always consistent in your stance.I respect that.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Can't say Callen isn't honest. I respect someone who speaks what's on his mind wether being PC or not. I also agree a lot on callens points.