Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    The Boston Marathon bombing suspect is being held in a small cell with a steel door at a federal medical detention center about 40 miles outside the city, a federal official said Saturday.

Federal Medical Center Devens spokesman John Collauti described the conditions under which 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was being held in the Ayer facility after being moved there from a hospital Friday

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/28/bo ... z2RlbwZGDB

can't wait for the human rights activest to start whinning about this.

Godfather.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    JimmyV wrote:
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2013/04/27/apnewsbreak-russia-had-wiretap-bomb-suspect/thxyRlTklJWMBHAb746DSP/story.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials say Russian authorities secretly recorded a conversation in 2011 in which one of the Boston bombing suspects vaguely discussed jihad with his mother.

Officials say a second call was recorded between the suspects’ mother and a man under FBI investigation living in southern Russia.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the ongoing case.

They say the Russians shared this intelligence with the U.S. in the past few days.

The conversations are significant because, had they been revealed earlier, there might have been enough evidence for the FBI to initiate a more thorough investigation of the Boston bombing suspects’ family.
    as i sais before in this thread...i dont get those 2 did it,with out some of their family donr know anything about their action,their thoughts,their hate for the usa,while they gtow up here,..+ i said,Obama when they told him those 2 are from Chechenya,the first person he called was Vladimir..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I hope this murdering bastard has realized that being taken alive was the worst mistake he could have made.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Godfather. wrote:
    The Boston Marathon bombing suspect is being held in a small cell with a steel door at a federal medical detention center about 40 miles outside the city, a federal official said Saturday.

Federal Medical Center Devens spokesman John Collauti described the conditions under which 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was being held in the Ayer facility after being moved there from a hospital Friday

Godfather.

I never opened the link, but I think I know what I would read if I did. I have raised a case in the DP thread about a guy who was kept in solitary confinement so that the other prisoners wouldn't kill him (they had good reason to do so). Then... the authorities paid this guy money so that he would share information for where the bodies of his victims (all children) were. If he had been placed in general population and maybe given a ratty old blanket... he might have been encouraged to be a little more forthright and cooperative with sharing the information that he should have done in the first place. Motivated, of course, with the things we provided him for his comfort and safety- he was far from decent.

Point being: without any regard for the victims and survivors' needs and rights (hardly ever a consideration it seems)... the human rights activists would have flipped their lids at such a tactic and, so, like in the potential situation that you allude to: the classic case of the tail wagging the dog.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    JimmyV wrote:
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2013/04/27/apnewsbreak-russia-had-wiretap-bomb-suspect/thxyRlTklJWMBHAb746DSP/story.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials say Russian authorities secretly recorded a conversation in 2011 in which one of the Boston bombing suspects vaguely discussed jihad with his mother.

Officials say a second call was recorded between the suspects’ mother and a man under FBI investigation living in southern Russia.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the ongoing case.

They say the Russians shared this intelligence with the U.S. in the past few days.

The conversations are significant because, had they been revealed earlier, there might have been enough evidence for the FBI to initiate a more thorough investigation of the Boston bombing suspects’ family.
    as i sais before in this thread...i dont get those 2 did it,with out some of their family donr know anything about their action,their thoughts,their hate for the usa,while they gtow up here,..+ i said,Obama when they told him those 2 are from Chechenya,the first person he called was Vladimir..

I agree Dimi. No one becomes so radicalized that they are willing to commit mass murder in the streets without those closest to them knowing something was wrong.

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

I never opened the link, but I think I know what I would read if I did. I have raised a case in the DP thread about a guy who was kept in solitary confinement so that the other prisoners wouldn't kill him (they had good reason to do so). Then... the authorities paid this guy money so that he would share information for where the bodies of his victims (all children) were. If he had been placed in general population and maybe given a ratty old blanket... he might have been encouraged to be a little more forthright and cooperative with sharing the information that he should have done in the first place. Motivated, of course, with the things we provided him for his comfort and safety- he was far from decent.

Point being: without any regard for the victims and survivors' needs and rights (hardly ever a consideration it seems)... the human rights activists would have flipped their lids at such a tactic and, so, like in the potential situation that you allude to: the classic case of the tail wagging the dog.

as you thought it's just a statement in a story about this dirtbag being put in a small cell with and iron door that has only a small window so that me can be monitered and when I read it one of the things that came to mind was some soft harted person saying it's a form of torture or a action aginst his human rights to which I would say bullsit !

Godfather.
    http://news.yahoo.com/why-boston-marath ... 48880.html

Like the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the Sandy Hook massacre and other tragedies, the recent Boston Marathon bombing has spawned several conspiracy theories. Some of the more cynical conspiracy theorists do it simply for attention and ratings, or to promote their books, DVDs and seminars promising to reveal the truth that no one else would dare.

These days most conspiracy theories are promoted by one or two (relatively) high-profile people. A man named Alex Jones was at the forefront of the conspiracy theories surrounding the Sandy Hook school attack last year — including the claim that the shooting didn't really happen. This time around, former Fox News host Glenn Beck is among those leading the charge that a conspiracy is afoot in the Boston bombing case that left several dead and one suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, in the hospital.

Beck is apparently not denying that the Boston bombings took place — the thousands of eyewitnesses, countless videos and forensic evidence is too overwhelming to be dismissed. No, instead the conspiracy seems to center around what Beck believes is the suspicious government handling of a Saudi national named Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, who was supposedly investigated (and cleared) of some connection to the Boston attack, but whose student visa had expired, and who may or may not be in the process of being deported back to Saudi Arabia. [The 10 Most Bizarre Conspiracy Theories]

Beck claims to have secret information from people who assure him that Ali Alharbi had something to do with the attack, though it's not clear why Beck and his anonymous sources would have better information than the FBI and Department of Homeland Security. An official at the Department of Homeland Security called Beck's allegations "one hundred percent false."

What, exactly, is Beck claiming happened? That Ali Alharbi is the real killer, and the Tsarnaev brothers were just innocent patsies? That the three of them worked together to execute the plan (despite Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's statement to police that he and his brother worked alone)? Or was that a lie, too? Maybe one of Tsarnaev's doctors or nurses at the hospital is really an undercover Saudi agent who drugged or threatened Tsarnaevinto saying the brothers acted alone, to cover up Ali Alharbi's role?

In the end it doesn't really matter: In the world of conspiracies, one wild theory is as good as the next; it all depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. Conspiracy theorists are in the business of raising questions, not providing answers — even for their own claims.

Belief in conspiracies

Why are some people so quick to believe in conspiracy theories? In part, many conspiracy theorists don't consider themselves conspiracy theorists. They don't see themselves as the caricatured, tinfoil hat-wearing loons. Instead, they see themselves as patriots and independent thinkers who are smart enough to see through the lies put out by the government and its news media stooges.

Often those who promote conspiracy theories frame them as simply asking legitimate questions — and who can deny that everyone has the right to ask questions of their government and news media? The problem is that the questions they ask are often non-questions that can be (and have been) easily answered. Conspiracy theorists prefer complex mysteries over simple truths, and so they find mystery where none exists.

Big events like terrorist attacks often spawn conspiracy theories, because they carry social and political freight; they mean something to the public. Conspiracy theories do not arise around small, local events no one cares about. Instead events with international implications, such as the moon landing, terrorism and the deaths of John F. Kennedy and Princess Diana, feed the conspiracy mill.

People who embrace and promote conspiracy theories do so for a reason — typically because it bolsters their (often anti-government) social or political agendas. Conspiracy theories don't emerge in a vacuum; instead, there are people who are simply waiting for each new tragedy to occur so that they can frame it in a way that suits their purposes. For example, many people seized upon the Sandy Hook massacre as a faked event staged to rally public support for stricter gun control laws
    . [5 Milestones in Gun Control History]

They seek out what appear to be contradictions or holes in "the official story." Conspiracy theorist websites offer "suspicious" examples and evidence, ranging from real or perceived contradictions in eyewitness accounts to conflicting news reports. But what the conspiratorial mind sees as misinformation and lies, others see as merely perfectly ordinary incomplete and inaccurate information following a chaotic tragedy. Eyewitnesses can be confused and mistaken, police officers and reporters can make errors, or repeat information that is corrected after further investigation.

Part of the reason that conspiracy theories linger is that any contradictory evidence — no matter how conclusive or compelling — can just be dismissed by claiming that it's part of the cover-up. Conspiracy theories have been with us for millennia, and are not going away any time soon.

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Federal authorities are closely scrutinizing the activities of the wife of the dead Boston Marathon bombing suspect in the days before and after the attacks.

The authorities are looking at a range of possibilities, two senior law enforcement officials said, including that she could have — wittingly or unwittingly — destroyed evidence, helped the bombers evade capture or even played a role in planning the attacks. As part of the investigation, F.B.I. agents are trying to determine whether female DNA found on a piece of a pressure cooker used as an explosive device in the attacks was from Katherine Russell, the wife of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the officials said.

One of the officials said that a fingerprint had also been found on a bomb fragment and that investigators had tried to collect DNA and fingerprint samples from several people whom the authorities are scrutinizing in addition to Ms. Russell.

Federal authorities took a sample of Ms. Russell’s DNA on Monday in Rhode Island, where she has been staying with her parents, the officials said.

Her lawyer, Amato A. DeLuca, has said that Ms. Russell was shocked when she learned that her husband and brother-in-law were suspected of involvement in the attack. “We want to state what we stated before: Katie continues to assist in the investigation in any way that she can,” he said Monday in an e-mail.

The focus on Ms. Russell is part of the wider effort by the F.B.I. to determine who else may have played a role aiding the bombers. While the authorities do not believe the bombers were tied to a larger terrorist network or had accomplices, they remain skeptical that others did not know of their plans or did not help them destroy evidence. A law enforcement official said that authorities were investigating individuals who may have helped the suspects in some way after the bombings. The official would not elaborate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/30/us/ts ... ities.html

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if she was involved in this.
    I don't know if she was involved but she had to have known something was not right. I would find it very hard to believe she had no idea how radicalized he had become, that he was planning something.

JimmyV wrote:
    I hope this murdering bastard has realized that being taken alive was the worst mistake he could have made.
    oh yes..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    JimmyV wrote:
    I don't know if she was involved but she had to have known something was not right. I would find it very hard to believe she had no idea how radicalized he had become, that he was planning something.
    i agree
    Judy Clarke's roster of former clients includes Tucson shooter Jared Loughner and unabomber Ted Kaczynski. Now, she can add suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as she is the newest member of his defense team.

Clarke is a prominent San Diego attorney known for brokering life sentences for clients and avoiding the death penalty.

She has done so for Kaczynsk, Loughner and Atlanta Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph among others. Clarke also represented Susan Smith, the South Carolina mom who was convicted of murdering her three children. She was sentenced to 30 years to life in prison and will be eligible for parole in 2024.

Clarke's appointment was approved Monday by U.S. Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler, according to the Associated Press. Bowler denied the defense's request for a second death penalty attorney.

Clarke did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19073688

So not only did the brothers and their family pull in 100k in welfare benefits over the past 4 years taxpayers will now be on the hook for millions for his defense team as well. :fp:

So not only did the brothers and their family pull in 100k in welfare benefits over the past 4 years taxpayers will now be on the hook for millions for his defense team as well. :fp:

Infuriating. The country these two murderers apparently hated so much seems to have done quite a bit for them over the years.

• vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,108
    ...taxpayers will now be on the hook for millions for his defense team as well.

Yeah, but what's the alternative in America?
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    vant0037 wrote:

I have a question you may be able to answer. These attorneys are all working as public defenders in this instance and will be paid as public defenders, correct? Meaning that if the family had gone out and hired attorneys of this caliber on their own the price tag would be much higher - at least in terms of salary paid to the attorneys themselves. Or am I wrong on that?

JimmyV wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

I have a question you may be able to answer. These attorneys are all working as public defenders in this instance and will be paid as public defenders, correct? Meaning that if the family had gone out and hired attorneys of this caliber on their own the price tag would be much higher - at least in terms of salary paid to the attorneys themselves. Or am I wrong on that?

I think I understand the question. Private attorneys, generally speaking, make far more than public defenders. Generally speaking, the caliber of lawyer isn't much different. I'm not sure if that answers it.

In this case, because it's likely a capital case, there may be an appointment of an attorney, at a state-determined hourly fee (I'm just speculating). Many times, in high-profile capital cases, there won't be a public defender office attorney appointed to the case. Instead, there will be an attorney with capital punishment experience appointed, perhaps from the private bar.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    vant0037 wrote:

I think I understand the question. Private attorneys, generally speaking, make far more than public defenders. Generally speaking, the caliber of lawyer isn't much different. I'm not sure if that answers it.

In this case, because it's likely a capital case, there may be an appointment of an attorney, at a state-determined hourly fee (I'm just speculating). Many times, in high-profile capital cases, there won't be a public defender office attorney appointed to the case. Instead, there will be an attorney with capital punishment experience appointed, perhaps from the private bar.

Thanks, that does answer it for me. OJ for instance hired and paid for his own dream team of lawyers. Whatever the price was he paid, the state of California would not have been under obligation to pay the same had he gone the public defender route.

JimmyV wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

Thanks, that does answer it for me. OJ for instance hired and paid for his own dream team of lawyers. Whatever the price was he paid, the state of California would not have been under obligation to pay the same had he gone the public defender route.

Right. Now, if this guy does get a public defender, he will likely be entitled to "reasonable costs" for defense (for instance, hiring forensics experts), but I imagine the cost of a PD + "reasonable costs" would still be minimal compared to what a private defense attorney would charge.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    For what its worth, I do not think he gets the death penalty for this. I think the defense makes the case that he was under the brother's spell, that he was a victim too, etc.

vant0037 wrote:

It's bullshit, he has a public defender appointed and paid for by the state. If they want to bring in high powered attorneys to defend him than they should work pro bono and not be paid by the taxpayers.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Three suspects have been taking into custody in relation to the bombings. No descriptions / motives as of yet.

Also, I don't believe taxpayers will be funding his defense team. He gets a public defender option and that's it.
    Boston police have three additional suspects in custody in connection to the Boston Marathon bombings, the department confirmed to Yahoo News Tuesday.

A spokeswoman at the Boston police department directed all questions on the suspects to the FBI, which has yet to disclose their identities. The Boston Globe reports, citing an unnamed police source, that the suspects are three college students and that they are suspected of aiding Dzhokhar Tsarnaev after he allegedly bombed the marathon.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old college student, is charged with killing three and injuring more than 200 in the two bombs last month. His older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed while fleeing arrest.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/bre ... 27478.html
    Jason P wrote:
    Three suspects have been taking into custody in relation to the bombings. No descriptions / motives as of yet.

Also, I don't believe taxpayers will be funding his defense team. He gets a public defender option and that's it.

It was confirmed on CNN the other night

http://freebeacon.com/elite-defense-law ... yer-funds/
    vant0037 wrote:

It's bullshit, he has a public defender appointed and paid for by the state. If they want to bring in high powered attorneys to defend him than they should work pro bono and not be paid by the taxpayers.

I'm not sure what you mean. That he should not have a public defender appointed to him (at a high cost to taxpayers)? Whether he has a court-appointed attorney (from a PD office or a federal bar of capital punishment practitioners) OR a privately-retained lawyer (very doubtful - not many private lawyers have capital punishment experience), there will be a cost. In the event that it's a court-appointed lawyer, the cost will be significant. In a high-profile, capital case, they always are.

That's why my question was: what is the alternative? You can't force an attorney to take his case. So he can hire one, but if he can't afford one, he is entitled to a PD. In terms of the costs associated with that representation, you can't deprive someone the right to a vigorous defense, just because they're indigent (which is why the State affords indigent defendants "reasonable expenses" related to the defense).

I understand the frustration that defendants in awful cases get attorneys that are paid for by the State, but I'm not sure what the alternative should be, so long as we're still following the Constitution here in America. Forcing an attorney to take a case pro bono raises far more Constitutional issues than does paying for an indigent defendant's defense with taxpayer dollars.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    Again, I'm speculating about the "reasonable expenses" thing. In Minnesota, there is a fund that PD's can use during the course of their representing someone. (as an aside: It's usually severely underfunded and of little use)

I have no idea if there is a similar set-up for a case like this, although I think it's safe to assume so.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    vant0037 wrote:

I understand the frustration that defendants in awful cases get attorneys that are paid for by the State, but I'm not sure what the alternative should be, so long as we're still following the Constitution here in America. Forcing an attorney to take a case pro bono raises far more Constitutional issues than does paying for an indigent defendant's defense with taxpayer dollars.

I agree with this. In this case I wish I didn't, but I do. Which is why I am glad there were others to decide whether or not he should be tried as an enemy combatant and that they made the right decision.

Try him, convict him, punish him. It is the only way.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,743
    JimmyV wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

I agree with this. In this case I wish I didn't, but I do. Which is why I am glad there were others to decide whether or not he should be tried as an enemy combatant and that they made the right decision.

Try him, convict him, punish him. It is the only way.
    yes sir!!!

Now whats with these new arrests? Pic I saw looked like same age as the younger? Perhaps classmates at college?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    any news about the other 3 they arrested?the connection with the 19th years old or what part they had to the bombing??

i never believed those 2 did the whole without anyone close to them didnt know about it..
    Plotting to destroy evidence and lying to investigators?

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/05 ... story.html

Two men from Kazakhstan and a man from Cambridge were arrested and charged today in the Boston Marathon bombings investigation, federal prosecutors said.

Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, both 19 and of New Bedford, were charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice by plotting to dispose of a laptop computer and a backpack containing fireworks belonging to bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the US attorney’s office said in a statement.

Robel Phillipos, 19, of Cambridge was charged with making false statements to law enforcement officials in a terorism investigation, prosecutors said.

Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev face maximum sentences of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Phillipos faces a maximum sentence of eight years and a $250,000 fine, prosecutors said.

JimmyV wrote:
    Plotting to destroy evidence and lying to investigators?

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/05 ... story.html

Two men from Kazakhstan and a man from Cambridge were arrested and charged today in the Boston Marathon bombings investigation, federal prosecutors said.

Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, both 19 and of New Bedford, were charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice by plotting to dispose of a laptop computer and a backpack containing fireworks belonging to bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the US attorney’s office said in a statement.

Robel Phillipos, 19, of Cambridge was charged with making false statements to law enforcement officials in a terorism investigation, prosecutors said.

Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev face maximum sentences of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Phillipos faces a maximum sentence of eight years and a $250,000 fine, prosecutors said.
    thanks..something telling me will not be only them..seems alot knew the brothers secret..