Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055

Cant say I am surprised by this. It is the same bullshit they said about Sandy Hook. Reading the comments below is actually more depressing than the original writers "theory".
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548

only problem is a jammer knows this guy - and he had legs before the marathon
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

That is awful, those real photos are awful, and the asshole who wrote that is perhaps the most awful of all. Jesus, that poor guy. :cry:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    wait a minute, can someone recap the double amputee??? i cant process this.... people are saying that the guy with both legs blown to bits is an actor? that he had no legs to begin with? wtf are the shin bones then in the pictures??? wow this is getting really out of control. i can see assuming/expecting the guy to bleed out but saying he is an actor...WOW!!!

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/20 ... 26684.html

http://www.bbmisc.com/forum/showthread. ... bing-Actor

can i geta what what?????
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I saw this pic a few days ago and thought the exact same thing!
    "OMG! Spielberg Caught At Boston Marathon?????????"
    http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-the ... 50370.html

:shock: :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I saw this pic a few days ago and thought the exact same thing!
    "OMG! Spielberg Caught At Boston Marathon?????????"
    http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-the ... 50370.html

:shock: :lol:
    :lol: I actually noticed that guy on the footage the day of the bombing, and I totally thought it was Spielberg for sure. Just assumed he was at the marathon!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    JC29856 wrote:
    wait a minute, can someone recap the double amputee??? i cant process this.... people are saying that the guy with both legs blown to bits is an actor? that he had no legs to begin with? wtf are the shin bones then in the pictures??? wow this is getting really out of control. i can see assuming/expecting the guy to bleed out but saying he is an actor...WOW!!!

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/2 ... 40461.html

Even people who are in high gov positions are fucking clueless how does someone like her stay in office and who votes for morons like her , go ahead tell me she's got sense ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Where'd it Go? :crazy: :lol:
    I was gonna say a black hole, but...... :oops: :mrgreen:

Yeah, that conspiracy website is whacked. Agreed about some of the comments too.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    #freejahar

:lol::lol: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    #freejahar

:lol::lol: :fp:
    :fp: :fp:
    :lol:
    hedonist wrote:
    Where'd it Go? :crazy: :lol:
    I was gonna say a black hole, but...... :oops: :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sometimes when you qoute picks, it cuts off al little of it. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    r
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Marcus Mumford :lol:
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    r

:lol::lol:
    JC29856 wrote:

They say the same thing about Sandy Hook. They say the parents and police are all actors. Its pretty sad but a lot of people believe it. I had a four hour argument with my friend about it. I don't talk about current events with him anymore.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Guy interviewed about bombing forgot to hide something. :lol:

dildo_BBC.jpg
    Can that really be what we think it is? I mean, it's wider then a can of coke!

And if it is what we think it is, how can you possibly run 26 miles after being "intimate" with it?

tumblr_mgy483wdjg1rmzrqmo1_500.gif
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I had a friend who was given a dildo as a gag birthday gift and it would happily wiggle away on the kitchen table at every party for everybody's amusement. It was never stuck into any bodily cavities. Doesn't mean anything.
  • vant0037 wrote:

It's a scary proposition to argue that justice should be based largely on what the victim desires to see happen. Yes, it's an important part of the equation (in Minnesota, victim's are entitled to input, but prosecutors are not obligated to follow their wishes). But it's not and can't be the biggest part of our decision-making. Trust me: I see husband-wife domestic assaults on a day-to-day basis where the husband thinks he should've hit her harder and the wife wants to cut his balls off. :lol: How could impartial and uniform justice ever been dispensed if the sentencing was victim-driven?

To clarify, I wasn't making a prescriptive claim about the U.S.'s criminal justice system (i.e. not arguing how it should be), but rather arguing how I see it actually operating. Criminal justice is, and should be, less about vengeance and more about punishment and deterrence. I'm not going to rehash why I believe that to be the case (and the correct one, at that).

Nobody is saying that the victims should dictate cruel and unusual punishment if they are so inclined. What I am saying is that in very rare instances does the punishment come close to matching the crime. Using the same example I refered to in my response to you for consistency's sake, I'm not saying Shearing should be shot, raped repeatedly, and burned six times over... but I am saying 30 years for slaughtering a family and then parole opportunities every two years (arm-in-arm with his wife he met in prison) is a far far cry from justice. This is not an isolated case either: there are countless misjustices that have had people understandably outraged following weak sentences. This alone warrants consideration and I'm happy to report that Canada is in the intial stages of making some changes so that punishments can better fit the crimes we are tired of.

We can agree to disagree, but victims receiving a sense of justice for their loss should be very significant. In other aspects of law, it is about the person who is wronged. For example, if somebody damages my property, I take them to court for damages, and I prove my case... the courts will look to adequately compensate me. Given this appropriate and logical attitude, why is it so wrong to think that survivors should not be entitled to reasonable compensation as well?

Thane Rosenbaum (the law professor cited in the link butterjam provided) suggests that you are not correct when you declare "criminal justice is, and should be, less about vengeance and more about punishment and deterrence." He says they are essentially the same thing: "The distinction between justice and vengeance is false. A call for justice is always a cry for revenge." I posted this earlier... and I tend to agree with him.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    if you get bored....

https://twitter.com/xXjungaXx

Is that the white hat's friend?

correct

white hat's twitter

https://twitter.com/J_tsar

i've checked out a few of the people he was following....this guy was the first i saw that was interesting....but others have tweeted about getting hate tweets

crazy how the internet works.

now following :corn:
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,108
    What I am saying is that in very rare instances does the punishment come close to matching the crime.

I mean no disrespect, but I can say with confidence that this is an extreme and unsupported exaggeration. In "very rare instances" does the punishment fit the crime? That might have more to do with your own worldview than it has any basis in reality.
    This is not an isolated case either: there are countless misjustices that have had people understandably outraged following weak sentences.

This is precisely the point we've been arguing about. Does people's outrage mandate that we do something different? If so, at what cost? My point has been the same: dispassionate reason should trump emotional appeals every time. Period.
    Given this appropriate and logical attitude, why is it so wrong to think that survivors should not be entitled to reasonable compensation as well?

No one's argued this. Ever. What we've been arguing about is whether suggestions such as the defendant here "eating shit sandwiches daily" or taking rifles to the face - prior to his being charged, tried and convicted through a fair and impartial process (which is likely coming) - is really just blowing off steam, and where that type of thinking fits into our criminal justice system.
    Thane Rosenbaum (the law professor cited in the link butterjam provided) suggests that you are not correct when you declare "criminal justice is, and should be, less about vengeance and more about punishment and deterrence.".

Lawyers disagree with lawyers all the time. The fact that one might have a different view than me is of no consequence here. I would, out of curiosity, like to know if Mr. Rosenbaum would agree that the bloodthirsty calls for the defendant's head fit within his view of justice. My guess? Not a chance in hell. Arguing that justice is really about retribution is not at all synonymous with arguing that we should inflict retribution prior to due process.

My point is not and has not been to argue about what appropriate justice is. That's a whole other issue, one you've raised in response to an argument I didn't make. My point is and always has been about whether or not emotional pleas for violence against an untried defendant is a good, healthy or just thing. I submit that they are not. I don't care how guilty the person looks. You may cite all the examples of inappropriate sentencing you wish, and you may quote any number of law professors you believe will endorse that view (if they exist at all, I can virtually guarantee they are in the minority).

So whether the criminal justice system in civil societies is or should be about retribution or restoring order is ultimately irrelevant. I engaged you on two levels to prove the same point each time: emotional pleas for violence against an untried defendant, whether said just to "blow off steam" or whether said in all sincerity, is a very dangerous form of mob mentality, and one that should be resisted at all costs.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • vant0037 wrote:

So whether the criminal justice system in civil societies is or should be about retribution or restoring order is ultimately irrelevant. I engaged you on two levels to prove the same point each time: emotional pleas for violence against an untried defendant, whether said just to "blow off steam" or whether said in all sincerity, is a very dangerous form of mob mentality, and one that should be resisted at all costs.

:clap:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123

Of course he was.

America...so much the Great Satan that it will pay your bills for you. Doesn't seem very Satan like to me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    In early 2011, Tamerlan Tsarnaev first came to the attention of the FBI when the Russian FSB intelligence service contacted the U.S. agency to warn that he was suspected of being a dangerous radical and sought information.

yeah..very very intresting..
    JimmyV wrote:

Of course he was.

America...so much the Great Satan that it will pay your bills for you. Doesn't seem very Satan like to me.
    if u are a person lived in a country that usa went to war and bomb them.,.well,i understand the hate for usa..
    maybe u lost relative,friends at war..i get it,to have hate.,.no matter is right or wrong the hate....
    but live in usa,go to school,work,have benefits,be american citizen..well..to put bombs to kill civilians..
    i dont get it..

i know alot think is that muslim have hate for usa..but still..
    you live there..have friends,u talk all day english,deal with people..
    i dont get it..why you are there in the first place??
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    if u are a person lived in a country that usa went to war and bomb them.,.well,i understand the hate for usa..
    maybe u lost relative,friends at war..i get it,to have hate.,.no matter is right or wrong the hate....
    but live in usa,go to school,work,have benefits,be american citizen..well..to put bombs to kill civilians..
    i dont get it..

i know alot think is that muslim have hate for usa..but still..
    you live there..have friends,u talk all day english,deal with people..
    i dont get it..why you are there in the first place??

Exactly. I am not one to argue that the US is perfect because we are not, or that there are not those in the world who have a right to be pissed at us because there are. But if you are not only living and here and enjoying all the freedoms that we enjoy but living off the government while you do it...then you are not someone who has any reason to be upset with America.

And there is no justification in this world for deliberately targeting spectators at a road race. None.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    There is no excuse for targeting civilians, ANYWHERE. That includes drone strikes in Pakistan just to get one guy.