Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    dignin wrote:

Oh, I was wondering since the video was uploaded on Sunday. Thought it would be a little strange if they were still hanging around.
    that would be complitely wrong..!!they finish the job,need to go back..no reason to be in the city anymore..
    they said the suspect arressed,so,no reason to be in the streets

Yup
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    BinFrog wrote:
    is like someone today with photos from internet and puting red circles will prove us that 9/11 was a set up scene and all was playing a role inside the airplanes..

Wait, I thought the red circles were PROOF? :lol:

Only while listening to Yield.
    Wait - wasn't it Red Dot? Or am I venturing into semantics territory?

(or did I totally miss the reference :P )
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    yo, Mom and Dad....shut the fuck up....you sound like idiots.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    if you get bored....

https://twitter.com/xXjungaXx
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    hedonist wrote:
    Wait - wasn't it Red Dot? Or am I venturing into semantics territory?

(or did I totally miss the reference :P )

Yes, I took a little leap. And yes, you are in semantics territory.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Sure as shit, the media is already forming a general feeling of sympathy and a defense for this punk. Unreal.

And some of the remarks from the mom and pops......wow.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    if you get bored....

Is that the white hat's friend?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I say we hand over the kid to the Soviets and let them give due process via their most effective methods.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Starting to reopen today.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04 ... story.html

Clarendon is open now, the square itself should be soon.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Jason P wrote:
    I say we hand over the kid to the Soviets and let them give due process via their most effective methods.
    even the president there can go on public and say"we dont give about his rights,we will take the info we want,have a good night.."

and the reporters,will be 500 miles from the crime scene..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,108

Van...

Work has gotten in the way of my MT time. I have been waiting to respond to this post. Firstly, this is a well-articulated postion. I understand exactly what you are saying and there is much wisdom in what you have offered. I do wish to speak to two points you made where I tend to think differently. Remember I am Canadian and there are legal differences between the US and Canada.

It's been suggested that vengeance is the justice that people are seeking in this case. I think there's an enormous body of legal theory, philosophy and psychology supporting the idea that vengeance is smallest and perhaps least important part of "justice."

Least significant part of justice for whom? I am of the opinion that justice should serve those who have been traumatized more than it should meet the needs of legal pundits. In most cases... this means the survivors and the victims. I can guarantee you that those with dead children and those maimed and mutilated in Boston are not thinking along the same philosophical lines as you. Given what I have stated here... these people, myself and others would argue that vengeance is not quite as trivial as you make it out to be.

Our justice system, as in many civil societies, is theoretically and largely based on restoration of order, not retribution.

Again... restoration of order for whom? While everyone not directly affected by the recurring tragedies we are inundated with tend to move on a little quicker towards order... the survivors live the rest of their lives looking at pictures of their deceased. Worse yet... they are often reminded of the crimes that altered their existence by allowing the legal process to play out. Using an example I refer to often, 'normalcy' is not the case for the survivors of David Shearing's heinous act. David murdered a family of six in a neighbouring rural community (kidnapping the two young daughters and raping them repeatedly before finishing them off). He is now eligible for parole every two years, forcing the survivors to show up at parole hearings with the petitions they have organized to keep the monster from gaining re-entry to society. Parole is legitimately feared a reality for this man because the legal system provides for the opportunity. Further... DB is married since he was imprisoned and his wife and other bleeding hearts insist he is a changed man.

So, in summary, I would like to suggest that the processes you speak of are fine in theory... but impractical at times and in my opinion fall short at times of serving justice in the manner that some seek and deserve. While we can feel good about the legal mechanisms we have in place to ensure fairness to those accused and convicted... we must admit that these same systems fail at times leaving much to be desired.

It's a scary proposition to argue that justice should be based largely on what the victim desires to see happen. Yes, it's an important part of the equation (in Minnesota, victim's are entitled to input, but prosecutors are not obligated to follow their wishes). But it's not and can't be the biggest part of our decision-making. Trust me: I see husband-wife domestic assaults on a day-to-day basis where the husband thinks he should've hit her harder and the wife wants to cut his balls off. :lol: How could impartial and uniform justice ever been dispensed if the sentencing was victim-driven?

To clarify, I wasn't making a prescriptive claim about the U.S.'s criminal justice system (i.e. not arguing how it should be), but rather arguing how I see it actually operating. Criminal justice is, and should be, less about vengeance and more about punishment and deterrence. I'm not going to rehash why I believe that to be the case (and the correct one, at that).
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    81 wrote:
    if you get bored....

Is that the white hat's friend?

correct

white hat's twitter

https://twitter.com/J_tsar

i've checked out a few of the people he was following....this guy was the first i saw that was interesting....but others have tweeted about getting hate tweets

crazy how the internet works.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    Jason P wrote:
    even the president there can go on public and say"we dont give about his rights,we will take the info we want,have a good night.."

fucking shame then that this kid is a naturalized AMERICAN citizen.

Heres the thing. they are treating/charging him as a criminal , nothing more. This way the religous reasoning behind it isnt the reason for prosecution. Doesnt matter anyway, people believe what they want.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

fucking shame then that this kid is a naturalized AMERICAN citizen.

Heres the thing. they are treating/charging him as a criminal , nothing more. This way the religous reasoning behind it isnt the reason for prosecution. Doesnt matter anyway, people believe what they want.
    yep..people believe ands say whatever they want..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    JimmyV wrote:
    Since these guys were vilified yesterday, here is the National Guard at work in Watertown:

http://youtu.be/utqzThm0WSY
    rock on!
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Jason P wrote:

fact
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    chadwick wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

fact

How is that a good thing? You think we want to be like Russia?
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    I'm not saying we should be throwing reporters out of windows ... well at least not past the third story ... fourth if you work for TMZ, but maybe a little shake up would do some good.

;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Jason P wrote:
    I'm not saying we should be throwing reporters out of windows ... well at least not past the third story ... fourth if you work for TMZ, but maybe a little shake up would do some good.

;)

is this russia? this isn't russia
    caddy004.jpg
    norm wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

;)

is this russia? this isn't russia
    caddy004.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you take drugs, Danny?

Every day.

Good. So, whats the problem?
    Hmmm ... I just got a little bit more serious about letting the Russians go to work on white hat guy. With a blow torch.

:(
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Guy interviewed about bombing forgot to hide something. :lol:

dildo_BBC.jpg
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:

dildo_BBC.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Good luck explaining that to Mom and Dad.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

dildo_BBC.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    PJ_Soul wrote:

dildo_BBC.jpg
    Hey, when you guys quote the image, the dildo disappears. This guy would love the 10C forum. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

dildo_BBC.jpg
    Hey, when you guys quote the image, the dildo disappears. This guy would love the 10C forum. :lol:
    where i post it 3 min ago.....well,cant be dissapeared... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Where'd it Go? :crazy: :lol:
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874

only problem is a jammer knows this guy - and he had legs before the marathon
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited April 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

dildo_BBC.jpg

Must be a false flag situation! :lol::lol: