Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548

Just as good as blindly going along with what your government tells you is right and wrong. I hope that nobody on this boards wedding happens to go awry, but if it does, please quote the above so i can have a smug smile on my face. Thanking you in advance.
    nice..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    JimmyV wrote:

to me, intent doesn't matter.

So we disagree.

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of "collateral damaged" in Iraq and Afghanistan wouldn't.

Probably not.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV wrote:

Just as good as blindly going along with what your government tells you is right and wrong. I hope that nobody on this boards wedding happens to go awry, but if it does, please quote the above so i can have a smug smile on my face. Thanking you in advance.

What? You would have a smug smile on your face if someone on this board was killed by a drone strike?!?!

You may want to rethink what you just typed.

Why? It would be a hapless mistake as you were not the intended target, just somebody who got in the way of a strike. Be sure to quote your buddy before you say I'd smile if somebody on this board died. It is the quote that you have to swallow! It is the quote that is the amusing part. See you and your buddy would have to accept the fact that: A: they missed and got the wedding party. B: that they didn't care because what are you really going to do about it. C: realise that when they do something about it, you can't hide from the fact your government has a lot to do with it.

Maybe they thought your president was in Boston and... j u s t m i s s e d t h e i r t a r g e t. OOOPS!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

Why? It would be a hapless mistake as you were not the intended target, just somebody who got in the way of a strike. Be sure to quote your buddy before you say I'd smile if somebody on this board died. It is the quote that you have to swallow! It is the quote that is the amusing part. See you and your buddy would have to accept the fact that: A: they missed and got the wedding party. B: that they didn't care because what are you really going to do about it. C: realise that when they do something about it, you can't hide from the fact your government has a lot to do with it.

Maybe they thought your president was in Boston and... j u s t m i s s e d t h e i r t a r g e t. OOOPS!

Who is my buddy? You have posted some bizarre things in the last few week but this one - that you would smile smugly if someone here was killed - really takes the cake.

Good god...

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I had a friend who was given a dildo as a gag birthday gift and it would happily wiggle away on the kitchen table at every party for everybody's amusement. It was never stuck into any bodily cavities. Doesn't mean anything.
    true it means nothing
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    if u are a person lived in a country that usa went to war and bomb them.,.well,i understand the hate for usa..
    maybe u lost relative,friends at war..i get it,to have hate.,.no matter is right or wrong the hate....
    but live in usa,go to school,work,have benefits,be american citizen..well..to put bombs to kill civilians..
    i dont get it..

i know alot think is that muslim have hate for usa..but still..
    you live there..have friends,u talk all day english,deal with people..
    i dont get it..why you are there in the first place??
    sneaking around gathering intelligence, taking advance of everything, saving money for the first in their lives probably, sending money home, working, school, making pals, living the dream

BOOM

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    unsung wrote:
    There is no excuse for targeting civilians, ANYWHERE. That includes drone strikes in Pakistan just to get one guy.

No one wants to see civilians killed but unfortunately we're dealing with cowards who use them as shields to protect themselves. If we locate a terrorist who is hiding out with his family should we do nothing?

Would you rather we send a seal team in and risk the lives of American soldiers to take out these terrorists when a air/drone strike will do the same thing albeit with the possibility of collateral damages of the people that choose to shelter them?
    seal team sounds kinda fun.

let's use those a lot

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332

Well that is strange, all I ever hear is how intent does matter. It matters if someone kills another person because of the color of their skin, becomes a hate crime. I also thought there are things such as involuntary manslaughter, etc. Intent doesn't matter? News to me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Up until a week ago, they must have thought the prez was hiding in crowded bazaars spread throughout the Middle East for the last decade.

:geek:
    what's going on these days? im missing some pieces

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    Would you rather we send a seal team in and risk the lives of American soldiers to take out these terrorists when a air/drone strike will do the same thing albeit with the possibility of collateral damages of the people that choose to shelter them?

Yes. Because that is what SEAL teams are for. Every time we blow up a building and kill 10 innocent people including women and children we create more terrorists. We perpetuate the image that we are evil. Our enemies use it to recruit.

Exactly. That's what the CIA terms as "blowback".
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    unsung wrote:

Yes. Because that is what SEAL teams are for. Every time we blow up a building and kill 10 innocent people including women and children we create more terrorists. We perpetuate the image that we are evil. Our enemies use it to recruit.

Exactly. That's what the CIA terms as "blowback".

Hey, we agree on something! :D
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    I wouldn't worry, you'll be ok, I promise. :D
    unsung wrote:
    I wouldn't worry, you'll be ok, I promise. :D

:lol: Thanks.
  • to me, intent doesn't matter.

Well that is strange, all I ever hear is how intent does matter. It matters if someone kills another person because of the color of their skin, becomes a hate crime. I also thought there are things such as involuntary manslaughter, etc. Intent doesn't matter? News to me.

of course in the contexts you mention, of course you are correct. if you aren't sure what I meant by that, then let me explain: people here are trying to paint people who intend on causing mass havoc and killing on US soil as evil. Those same people say because we try to get rid of "evil" people, killing good people in the crossfire, that the US deserves a free pass for that. I disagree. If you can't fight on a battlefield, you don't fight at all. You don't bomb a residential fucking area and kill a hundred civilians to get 3 targets.

both sides, in those examples, in my opinion, are terrorists.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

of course in the contexts you mention, of course you are correct. if you aren't sure what I meant by that, then let me explain: people here are trying to paint people who intend on causing mass havoc and killing on US soil as evil. Those same people say because we try to get rid of "evil" people, killing good people in the crossfire, that the US deserves a free pass for that. I disagree. If you can't fight on a battlefield, you don't fight at all. You don't bomb a residential fucking area and kill a hundred civilians to get 3 targets.

both sides, in those examples, in my opinion, are terrorists.

Can't speak for anyone else but I have never claimed we deserve a free pass for anything.

• YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Sure makes me feel good to know the scum bag was living off the tit of the American tax payers. He hated America, but it sure was good enough to give him a living.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

YLed2 wrote:
    Sure makes me feel good to know the scum bag was living off the tit of the American tax payers. He hated America, but it sure was good enough to give him a living.

I am sure he thought of it as another way to stick it America. I am waiting for Republican Congresspeople to use this as political fodder to get rid of welfare or public assistance or whatever you call it. Its coming.
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    YLed2 wrote:

I am sure he thought of it as another way to stick it America. I am waiting for Republican Congresspeople to use this as political fodder to get rid of welfare or public assistance or whatever you call it. Its coming.

I was thinking the same thing - you know he got a hard on knowing he was being funded by the people of America to be here in the first place, and then turning around and doing what he did.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

YLed2 wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing - you know he got a hard on knowing he was being funded by the people of America to be here in the first place, and then turning around and doing what he did.

I feel bad for his wife and daughter, assuming she didnt know about it. I wouldnt be surprised if she didnt. From all accounts he was a MAJOR FUCKING ASSHOLE to everybody including women in his life. Apparently admitted to hitting a former girlfriend. The poor daughter. How do you think she will be treated through out life?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    ive read the charges against...ive seen the video of them walking with backpacks, ive seen the images of them near the bomb blast....is there a video of them dropping the backpacks on the ground as referenced in the charges? i havent seen that. are there images of them without the backpacks after the blasts? i havent seen those. one website claims that one image shows one of them with the backpack on after the explosion but they didnt provide a link or the photo, so i havent seen that either.
    no conspiracies, im just asking because i cannot find any of it online...has anyone else?
    JC29856 wrote:
    ive read the charges against...ive seen the video of them walking with backpacks, ive seen the images of them near the bomb blast....is there a video of them dropping the backpacks on the ground as referenced in the charges? i havent seen that. are there images of them without the backpacks after the blasts? i havent seen those. one website claims that one image shows one of them with the backpack on after the explosion but they didnt provide a link or the photo, so i havent seen that either.
    no conspiracies, im just asking because i cannot find any of it online...has anyone else?
    thats the mistake here...we do internet court..
    so if i post a video of them doing it or not doing is legit??a photo with backpack and one with not??
    if its photoshop??i
    thats why there are courts,justice,judges laywers,police,DA,fbi,analyst..
    they will give all evidence to the trial,to prove or not to prove the case..
    i dont understand why the authorities need to give the evidence in public..
    only the jury need to convince ..the rest of us we can say or believe whatever we want..it doesnt matter
    so if someone post videos at yoputube,or at the forum,if post webpages with photos with backpacks or no backpacks and put red circles on them..you know what proves??
    nothing..
    you know who will see them at court??
    no one..
    you know how matters if u believe it or not??
    no matters at all
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyV wrote:

Can't speak for anyone else but I have never claimed we deserve a free pass for anything.

and I never claimed you claimed that.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 wrote:
    so if i post a video of them doing it or not doing is legit??a photo with backpack and one with not??
    if its photoshop??i
    only the jury need to convince ..the rest of us we can say or believe whatever we want..it doesnt matter
    so if someone post videos at yoputube,or at the forum,if post webpages with photos with backpacks or no backpacks and put red circles on them..you know what proves??
    nothing..
    no one..

okay then dont post anything....what good is the entire story with 70% of the evidence. they showed everything except the most important piece.
    do those injured deserve the to see the evidence?
  • aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    60 minutes is going over the bombing now. They are interviewing people that filmed parts of it from there windows.
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
    He will be tried in a court of law, not the internet.

JC29856 wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:
    if its photoshop??i
    nothing..
    no one..

okay then dont post anything....what good is the entire story with 70% of the evidence. they showed everything except the most important piece.
    do those injured deserve the to see the evidence?
    thats im telling you..
    at the court all will be there..to prove they did it..and defence try to prove the opposite..
    why me need something to believe,while i dont have a clue if its legit or not..
    i dont know the facts,the whole story,how they end up on those 2 suspect and put out the hundrends with backpacks,the conection of the suspect,all the videos and photos of the crime scene,confirmation if its legit or not,what happen to MIT,who shoot first,if ask them to surrender,if the fire first,how many wirness saw themor not,if they talk to someone during before,the molibe communication,,if if if if.
    endless..
    and to let you know..the most important evidence and witness they keep it for the court..
  • aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    JC29856 wrote:
    if its photoshop??i
    nothing..
    no one..
    no matters at all

The public is paying for his defense would be a good reason we deserve to know exactly what happened....
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
    aerial wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:
    if its photoshop??i
    nothing..
    no one..
    no matters at all

The public is paying for his defense would be a good reason we deserve to know exactly what happened....
    yes,,at the court of law..all will be there..and you will know everything..
    internet cant be the judge if he did it or not..
    aerial wrote:

And we will. That is what the courts are for. The last thing any of us want is the prosecution tipping their hand now. I want him tried and convicted.