Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    JC29856 wrote:
    can i get that picture (military tank guy pointing gun at citizen) put on a t shirt?

im trying to come up with some captions above..

boston strong....until i pisshited my pants!!!

what a view from... boston(scratch that) fallujah
    looking out the window at lovely boston(strike thru line) tikrit
    what a nice view of the streets of boston (strike thru line) kandahar

anyone have any funny captions....?

Its a Humvee not a tank. Here is a caption.

There is a terrorist on the loose shooting police officers and throwing bombs at us. Don't point anything at me that could even closely resemble a weapon or I will put a bead right between your fucking eyes.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    redrock wrote:
    I'm also thinking that from a policing and search point of view, having all kinds of people in the streets, gawking, trying to get some footage or photos on their cell phones to be able to put up on youtube or sell to the papers (the 'I was there' thing), etc. for their 15 minutes of fame would hinder the efforts of those trying to find the guy. Not only would they need to be super vigilant to their surroundings for their main purpose, they would have to be looking after the safety of the people out in the streets when a potentially dangerous person is on the loose in the neighbourhood.

Another point, easier to find a 'fugitive' trying to run away when no one else is in the street, as opposed to this fugitive melting away in a crowd.

If people hadn't been evacuated or told to stay in, I'd hate to think what the whole 'pointing of fingers' would be if one or more citizens got hurt or killed by a potential grenade/bomb/gun.

They just didn't know what this guy had on him/with him.

Just a couple of thoughts....
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 wrote:
    can i get that picture (military tank guy pointing gun at citizen) put on a t shirt?

There is a terrorist on the loose shooting police officers and throwing bombs at us. Don't point anything at me that could even closely resemble a weapon or I will put a bead right between your fucking eyes.

ahhh.. i think thats too long, please limit your captions suggestions to 7 words or less
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    JC29856 wrote:

yep...thats how things are...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    They apparantly robbed the guy they car-jacked of $45 and took his ATM card ...

For as much planning they had to do to pull this off, they seemed ill-prepared with the notion that they might somehow be tracked down.
    Jason P wrote:

For as much planning they had to do to pull this off, they seemed ill-prepared with the notion that they might somehow be tracked down.

Agreed. I wonder if they had help but were cut off once their faces were made public?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    as for video,or photo..or caption...

well this one show clearly if the authorities did a good job or not..

highfivegusxq.gif
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    badbrains wrote:
    Because they are some very disturbed people. This shits uncalled for and unreal. Let the family have there time to say good bye. Maybe people should start protesting these fucks and show up at there church. How far is Chadwick from these fuckers? I'm sure he can put a scare into them. :evil:
    simple... break that old pricks face & throw some fire around ..literally burn their van to the ground & kick a few ribs in... they'll leave the funeral protesting business

not one swingin john has ever placed violence upon these scumbags... truly a disgrace.
    it is a fact that sometimes, not every time but sometimes violence is the only answer. westboro baptist church members are idiots & they are a sick fucking lot who deserve to wear stitches upside their heads

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    unsung wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    military_zps4207e6d3.jpg

BOSTON STRONG!! holy fu(king shit!! HIT DADECK!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:

Agreed. I wonder if they had help but were cut off once their faces were made public?

once the faces came out, they were fucked. crazy to think they didn't consider the fact that there are camera's every where now a days.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    is it same to assume that they dont have backpacks and pressure cookers in iraq???
  • JC29856 wrote:

"I Risk My Life For An Iphone Photo"

"Guns vs Phones - Shoot First"

"Hey Cop - Is This A Camera Phone or a Bomb Detonator - Choose Wisely"

point being - if you really need a photo of a guy with an assault rifle who is looking for someone who has been shooting at his team and blowing up innocent people - you better have the stones to have an assault rifle pointed right at you.
    JC29856 wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    military_zps4207e6d3.jpg

Gives new meaning to the phrase "PHOTO BOMB!"
    JC29856 wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    military_zps4207e6d3.jpg

Gives new meaning to the phrase "PHOTO BOMB!"

Trying hard to find humor here...
    unsung wrote:
    Haha, that's why the guy was let go when he got out of the house, right?

If your scenario were true he'd have been planted on his back and restrained. Keep reaching.

And I thought the Democrats were supposed to be for civil rights, forgive me.
    keep reaching? screw that. you are truly coming across as a pot stirrer, man. you are upset just to be upset. the law enforcement of boston & the fbi handled this situation in a awesome fashion. you are searching for the slightest bit of anything uncomfortable to wave around as to drag law enforcement through mud. whatever, dude

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Went to the memorial for the moment of silence. Church bells ringing all over the city now.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JC29856 wrote:

it aint a tank. that is a hum-v

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    JC29856 wrote:

fact

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    JimmyV wrote:
    Went to the memorial for the moment of silence. Church bells ringing all over the city now.
    Hope it brought you all some comfort.
    Jason P wrote:

I wonder about this too. Doesn't seem so far-fetched.
    JC29856 wrote:

now your reminding me of the tori snelgrove incident again, except that it wasnt between her eyes. im signing off this is depressing
    JC29856 wrote:

"I Risk My Life For An Iphone Photo"

"Guns vs Phones - Shoot First"

"Hey Cop - Is This A Camera Phone or a Bomb Detonator - Choose Wisely"

point being - if you really need a photo of a guy with an assault rifle who is looking for someone who has been shooting at his team and blowing up innocent people - you better have the stones to have an assault rifle pointed right at you.
    fact.

it also means the person with the camera is one stupid bastard who is far from cool.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04 ... -that?lite

The surveillance video collected by the FBI showed that for four minutes after he dropped the knapsack, the man in the white hat stood there, looking at and manipulating his cellphone. He appeared to make a call, and then 12 seconds later, the first bomb went off further down the street toward the finish line.

As the crowd panicked, the suspect "appears calm," the complaint said. "He glances to the east and then calmly but rapidly begins moving to the west, away from the direction of the finish line. He walks away without his knapsack."

Ten seconds later, the second blast went off.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JC29856 wrote:
    now your reminding me of the tori snelgrove incident again, except that it wasnt between her eyes. im signing off this is depressing

so you came to this thread for what, some light-hearted kidding around? :?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    hedonist wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I wonder about this too. Doesn't seem so far-fetched.

I would have thought if they were part of some functional terrorist cell, they would have dropped the bags, left and immediately gone underground. No hanging about the bombing site waiting to see what happened, no going back into the 'community' and their normal lives and certainly no robbing a store and car jacking.

When one looks at other supposedly Islamic fanatic (and therefore assuming al qaeda for most americans) attacks in the US or elsewhere, these are very organised people. Silly things like these two guys did are really not part of their 'repertoire'.

Personally, I don't think they were well trained or anything. But then again, I may be proven wrong.

I don't know - it just all seems very, very odd. And, whilst they are of Chechen origin, I don't believe in the 'Chechen connection'.
    JC29856 wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:

I said BEAD not bullet. The bead is whats on the end of the barrel used for aiming. IE, point my gun at you, not shoot you. Point being, dont be a fucking idiot and take photos of the police from your window, or anywhere, during this situation. Especially considering the phone you are likely taking the photo with can be used as a detonation device.
    redrock wrote:
    I would have thought if they were part of some functional terrorist cell, they would have dropped the bags, left and immediately gone underground. No hanging about the bombing site waiting to see what happened, no going back into the 'community' and their normal lives and certainly no robbing a store and car jacking.

When one looks at other supposedly Islamic fanatic (and therefore assuming al qaeda for most americans) attacks in the US or elsewhere, these are very organised people. Silly things like these two guys did are really not part of their 'repertoire'.

Personally, I don't think they were well trained or anything. But then again, I may be proven wrong.

I don't know - it just all seems very, very odd. And, whilst they are of Chechen origin, I don't believe in the 'Chechen connection'.
    Good point. I'm fairly out of the loop (for lack of a better term) when it comes to these things...which I'm not sure is a positive or negative.

Not that it makes a difference, but I'd read that the robbery was committed by someone else, coincidentally at the same time the two were there.

Yeah, there's much more to come.
  • JimmyV wrote:

I wish I could have gone. I'm going into the city on Saturday.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    JC29856 wrote:

I said BEAD not bullet. The bead is whats on the end of the barrel used for aiming. IE, point my gun at you, not shoot you. Point being, dont be a fucking idiot and take photos of the police from your window, or anywhere, during this situation. Especially considering the phone you are likely taking the photo with can be used as a detonation device.
    I don't see anything wrong with people taking photos through their own window when there is what looks like a military column driving by their house. That seems like a totally normal thing to do IMO. So the guy turned toward them, and also happened to be holding a gun in military fashion - as far as I know, when they are in that mode, they point their gun wherever their eyes look. It doesn't mean he was thinking about shooting someone through their own window because they were taking a photo with their iphone. What's the fucking issue here?? Holy overreaction.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Good grief! :shock:

Boston Bomb Suspect Eyed in Connection to 2011 Triple Murder

In the wake of the revelations about the violent nature of accused marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, investigators in the Boston suburbs tell ABC News they are probing whether he may have been involved in an unsolved grisly triple homicide of a former roommate and two others. The murders took place around the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

"We are looking at a possible connection with the suspect in the marathon atrocity and this active and open homicide in Waltham,'' Stephanie Guyotte, a spokeswoman for the Middlesex County District Attorney, confirmed to ABC News.

Tsarnaev, the alleged bombing mastermind who died in a fierce gun battle with police early Friday morning, had been training with one of the 2011 murder victims in an attempt to transition from boxing into a possible career in the brutal sport of mixed-martial arts.

The victims were found in a Waltham, Massachusetts apartment. They had their throat slashed, their heads nearly decapitated. Their mutilated bodies were left covered with marijuana.

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-bomb-suspect-eyed-connection-2011-triple-murder-164354976--abc-news-topstories.html