Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Someone made the point earlier that much of this is just venting on a message board. I think that it important to remember. I for one could not even count the number of different emotions I have felt since Monday. We all handle those emotions differently.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I dont care where else in the world this happens. It doesn't happen here! And when it does, the parties responsible will pay dearly for it.[/quote]

Of course you dnt care where else in the world this happens. :roll:[/quote]

Really? That's your response?
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I dont care where else in the world this happens. It doesn't happen here! And when it does, the parties responsible will pay dearly for it.

Of course you dnt care where else in the world this happens. :roll:[/quote]

Really? That's your response?[/quote]

Ya that's my response.
  • badbrains wrote:

So this times 1,000,000 probably amounts to kisses, hugs, and a snuggly.

If this incident isn't enough to spark anger and fury- two natural emotions in the human emotion spectrum- then what is? Regardless of what 'mamby-pampy' types think... anger and fury serve a purpose. Dismiss them all you want, but they are motivators at the very least.

I'm not understanding how you have taken the ill-wishes of the majority of this community and extended it into everywhere else in the world?

Confusing me once again... you seem to make a plea for empathy for this dickhead... and then in your very last staement you boldly declare, "Killing innocent people is fucken wrong no matter WHO THEY ARE or WHERE THEY ARE."

So... in summary... are you a hardliner disgusted with this event and seeking appopriate justice that would correspond with the very nature of the crime... or are you a 'mamby-pamby' that cannot comprehend why someone would want to see the little worm- who blew up an 8 year old and 100 other people by dropping a backpack holding a bomb into a crowd and then ran away with a smug little grin in anticipation of the carnage- suffer a little?

Ya, you got me all figured out. :roll: a fucken mamby pamby or whatever it is you called me. And ya you're right, only Americans are allowed to feel those feelings you described. Because in reality, only America exists in the world. Give me a fucken break! I never said empathy for this dick. He should be hung by his balls but for you to act like the worlds ending because of what happened in Boston, got news for you, it happens ALL OVER THE WORLD EVERYDAY. Difference is is that you view the world through YOUR American eyes.

I'm not American. I'm Canadian if it makes any difference for you. I do like to think of myself as a citizen of the world.

If you have ever read any of my posts... you would know that I'm aghast with what's happening in other parts of the world. This one hit a little closer to home- I did my Masters Degree at Northeastern in Boston. I love that city. I think it's okay to feel a little tense over this- there's no reason to suggest North Americans should 'get with the program' and feel okay with citizens getting killed like they do elsewhere.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I will agree to disagree with you.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    JimmyV wrote:
    Someone made the point earlier that much of this is just venting on a message board. I think that it important to remember. I for one could not even count the number of different emotions I have felt since Monday. We all handle those emotions differently.
    this is true
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

badbrains wrote:

So this times 1,000,000 probably amounts to kisses, hugs, and a snuggly.

If this incident isn't enough to spark anger and fury- two natural emotions in the human emotion spectrum- then what is? Regardless of what 'mamby-pampy' types think... anger and fury serve a purpose. Dismiss them all you want, but they are motivators at the very least.

I'm not understanding how you have taken the ill-wishes of the majority of this community and extended it into everywhere else in the world?

Confusing me once again... you seem to make a plea for empathy for this dickhead... and then in your very last staement you boldly declare, "Killing innocent people is fucken wrong no matter WHO THEY ARE or WHERE THEY ARE."

So... in summary... are you a hardliner disgusted with this event and seeking appopriate justice that would correspond with the very nature of the crime... or are you a 'mamby-pamby' that cannot comprehend why someone would want to see the little worm- who blew up an 8 year old and 100 other people by dropping a backpack holding a bomb into a crowd and then ran away with a smug little grin in anticipation of the carnage- suffer a little?

Ya, you got me all figured out. :roll: a fucken mamby pamby or whatever it is you called me. And ya you're right, only Americans are allowed to feel those feelings you described. Because in reality, only America exists in the world. Give me a fucken break! I never said empathy for this dick. He should be hung by his balls but for you to act like the worlds ending because of what happened in Boston, got news for you, it happens ALL OVER THE WORLD EVERYDAY. Difference is is that you view the world through YOUR American eyes.

I'm not American. I'm Canadian if it makes any difference for you. I do like to think of myself as a citizen of the world.

If you have ever read any of my posts... you would know that I'm aghast with what's happening in other parts of the world. This one hit a little closer to home- I did my Masters Degree at Northeastern in Boston. I love that city. I think it's okay to feel a little tense over this- there's no reason to suggest North Americans should 'get with the program' and feel okay with citizens getting killed like they do elsewhere.

I feel you and I understand. It's a sensitive topic and we can all use a little healing. Your Canadian, big hockey game today, rangers/devils! Lets all watch and get our minds off this shit for a little while.......and go rangers!!!
    badbrains wrote:

I feel you and I understand. It's a sensitive topic and we can all use a little healing.

This exactly. Well said.

I will agree to disagree with you.

I can respect that.
    JimmyV wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

I feel you and I understand. It's a sensitive topic and we can all use a little healing.

This exactly. Well said.

Jimmy, you forget to add,"lets go rangers!!!" :D
  • badbrains wrote:

I feel you and I understand. It's a sensitive topic and we can all use a little healing. Your Canadian, big hockey game today, rangers/devils! Lets all watch and get our minds off this shit for a little while.......and go rangers!!!

It's all good!

I'm more interested in the Blue Jays smacking the Yankees to be honest, but regardless... you are correct: there are other things to focus on if one chooses to do so. Good luck with your Rangers.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    JimmyV wrote:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    know1 wrote:
    This thread is diminishing what little faith I had left in the human race. It's sad that so many people seem to take such comfort and even pleasure in imagining and hoping for physical pain on this suspect.

What he did was terrible. I'm not defending him at all. But some of you need to take a good look at yourselves if someone else's pain brings you comfort.

Fact: He killed 4 people
    Fact: He removed limbs from probably 20+ people
    Fact: A punch to the face heals in a few days
    Fact: The surviving victims won't heal in a few days

are you really still outraged that people are hoping that the cops roughed him up? :lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,746
    cp3iverson wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    This thread is diminishing what little faith I had left in the human race. It's sad that so many people seem to take such comfort and even pleasure in imagining and hoping for physical pain on this suspect.

What he did was terrible. I'm not defending him at all. But some of you need to take a good look at yourselves if someone else's pain brings you comfort.

are you really still outraged that people are hoping that the cops roughed him up? :lol:
    are we then what "they" say we are? fuck that. we need to hold to the values we espouse no matter what happens. NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!

That said, I do hope the feds get it right and he is tried and convicted fairly and above board so there should be no question what so ever about his guilt.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    badbrains wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

This exactly. Well said.

Jimmy, you forget to add,"lets go rangers!!!" :D

Amazing how that happened! :D;)

mickeyrat wrote:
    cp3iverson wrote:
    know1 wrote:

are we then what "they" say we are? fuck that. we need to hold to the values we espouse no matter what happens. NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!

That said, I do hope the feds get it right and he is tried and convicted fairly and above board so there should be no question what so ever about his guilt.

One of the four people that he killed was a cop. I think that he is still alive is testament to the restraint the police showed in apprehending him.

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anyone else hear that this kid apparently tried to kill himself by shooting himself in the mouth, and the bullet instead went out his neck.
    Thats why he cannot communicate with authorities right now, and may never be able to.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/am ... 11115.html
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    JimmyV wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

One of the four people that he killed was a cop. I think that he is still alive is testament to the restraint the police showed in apprehending him.
    either that restriant or they ALL need to go to the gun range for some practice.

I'm speaking to the general tone of this thread and what I've read elsewhere.

We either live by the rule of law and everything that means.
    or we dont and should burn the fucking constitution, blow up all the courts and revert to this lord of flies fuck everyone else this is all about me fucked up place all this technology is taking us to.

we claim some kind of Moral High Ground in this country. Until.......................
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

either that restriant or they ALL need to go to the gun range for some practice.

I'm speaking to the general tone of this thread and what I've read elsewhere.

We either live by the rule of law and everything that means.
    or we dont and should burn the fucking constitution, blow up all the courts and revert to this lord of flies fuck everyone else this is all about me fucked up place all this technology is taking us to.

we claim some kind of Moral High Ground in this country. Until.......................

I hear you. You aren't wrong, but I do think some of the tone of this thread is steam being blown off.

JimmyV, i certainly understand that sentimen coming from those who live there.

As for our international friends here and others around the country? Take a deep breath everyone.

In hearing about the cop .Great loss for the community. Perhaps we can learn and apply a lesson from the way he lived his life. Always seeking to help others.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    JimmyV wrote:
    :( :cry:
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    Nothing was done unconstitutional. Unless the police forced themselves into the homes. There have been no reports of that. Everything was done legally

Doesn't exactly look voluntary, does it?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2be_1366536241
  • unsung wrote:
    Nothing was done unconstitutional. Unless the police forced themselves into the homes. There have been no reports of that. Everything was done legally

can you please answer the question if you are going to keep harping on this:

what in your opinion should/could have been done differently to achieve the same result?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    for me at the moment what is important is that we need to know why..why did this,if there are others,a bigger group..his connections,if had help,so the authorities get them all..and everyone is close can to help the families of thistragedy..

from there,there are lawyers to find out if his rights was in place,if they punch him during arrest,if his twitter will tweet the next pearl jam show,if his girlfriend is 34,or 36 bra size and if his aunt will get some satisfaction when she sees the evidence..
  • for me at the moment what is important is that we need to know why..why did this,if there are others,a bigger group..his connections,if had help,so the authorities get them all..and everyone is close can to help the families of thistragedy..

from there,there are lawyers to find out if his rights was in place,if they punch him during arrest,if his twitter will tweet the next pearl jam show,if his girlfriend is 34,or 36 bra size and if his aunt will get some satisfaction when she sees the evidence..

this
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    that house shown in the link where swat team guys (or whatever they are) remove everyone from the house hands on their heads down the sidewalk. did it ever occur to you that maybe just maybe the little terrorist bombers were buddies with people from this address? looks like a whole pile of men were removed from that one house. interesting.

who gives a fuck? the copers are doing a house to house search from bombers. so fricking what if some people get removed from their home, hands on their heads & are patted down & corralled for 20 minutes until the place is cleared.

good. they should expect this. if they don't like this kind of treatment, tough shit, write a complaint letter to the governor
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    unsung wrote:

can you please answer the question if you are going to keep harping on this:

what in your opinion should/could have been done differently to achieve the same result?

This guy was captured because a guy noticed his boat was disturbed, not because of the military forcing people out of their homes at gunpoint. Once again, you don't sacrifice liberty for security.
    unsung wrote:
    Once again, you don't sacrifice liberty for security.
    you can not have liberty if you do not ensure safety first..