Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    unsung wrote:
    They have already said that he wasn't read his Miranda Rights. They are treating him as an enemy combatant. He is a US citizen, no?

The martial law that existed, door to door warrant less searches, stopping people to check for ID's...all in the name of safety. It's a sad state.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty. Everyone deserves a fair trial.

I think he denounced his citizenship with his act of terrorism. He is definitely an enemy combatant.

Get off the 'militarized streets' theme. What else would you have the authorities do here? Geez, man. Most acknowledge that the police and guard did a great job. It seems as if you are implying something else?

Can't find that anywhere in the Constitution. What section is it? I won't drop the issue of martial law. There's no excuse.
    unsung wrote:
    They have already said that he wasn't read his Miranda Rights. They are treating him as an enemy combatant. He is a US citizen, no?

The martial law that existed, door to door warrant less searches, stopping people to check for ID's...all in the name of safety. It's a sad state.

I think he denounced his citizenship with his act of terrorism. He is definitely an enemy combatant.

Get off the 'militarized streets' theme. What else would you have the authorities do here? Geez, man. Most acknowledge that the police and guard did a great job. It seems as if you are implying something else?

I can't speak for unsung, but what I think he's getting at is that it's a sad state that it had to come to that, not that the police or authorities were out of line in what they were doing.

I don't approve of the actions of government in the name of "keeping us safe".

• Thats fine, but when you do step back rom it, remember the 3 year old kid, the exchange student, the young police officer that died, and the dozens of people that lost limbs needlessly.

Should we have left bin laden alone because we didn't get him until after everyone stepped back and thought about it? 10 years later and I was thrilled to see he took a couple rounds between the eyes. I don't need to take stock my friend.

believe me, I am saddened by this like you don't even know. I have two young daughters and just the thought of that happening to my family........but I also think as humans we need to rise above and act as humans and not as animals.

am I sad that bin laden is dead? no. I don't know if there was a choice not to kill him. no one will ever know except those in attendance. however, I think treating saddam like an animal made us animals as well.

Well, Hugh... just to let you know I'm reading... and just to let you know I'm in opposition to your line of thinking still... I'll respectfully state that some people have gone and earned themselves death. This prick is one of them. We wouldn't be 'rising above' and 'acting more human' by showing mercy towards this asshole. He's a smug little terrorist that placed a deadly bomb in the middle of a crowded sidewalk full of innocent people and let it off.

He can die.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • unsung wrote:
    unsung wrote:

Can't find that anywhere in the Constitution. What section is it? I won't drop the issue of martial law. There's no excuse.

So how should have they handled this one then?
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534

Thats fine, but when you do step back rom it, remember the 3 year old kid, the exchange student, the young police officer that died, and the dozens of people that lost limbs needlessly.

Should we have left bin laden alone because we didn't get him until after everyone stepped back and thought about it? 10 years later and I was thrilled to see he took a couple rounds between the eyes. I don't need to take stock my friend.

believe me, I am saddened by this like you don't even know. I have two young daughters and just the thought of that happening to my family........but I also think as humans we need to rise above and act as humans and not as animals.

am I sad that bin laden is dead? no. I don't know if there was a choice not to kill him. no one will ever know except those in attendance. however, I think treating saddam like an animal made us animals as well.

Well, Hugh... just to let you know I'm reading... and just to let you know I'm in opposition to your line of thinking still... I'll respectfully state that some people have gone and earned themselves death. This prick is one of them. We wouldn't be 'rising above' and 'acting more human' by showing mercy towards this asshole. He's a smug little terrorist that placed a deadly bomb in the middle of a crowded sidewalk full of innocent people and let it off.

He can die.

I couldn't agree more with this.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    it is true by heart & soul that when you terrorize citizens of whatever country you are from or wherever you live, if you bomb/terrorize & maim & kill others you have just signed over your rights, you have just denounced yourself & you are up a fucking creek without a boat or paddle

these assholes denounced not only themselves but all the people they hurt & killed, all the families involved, their own family & friends, every citizen of boston & the surrounding area as well as all of America & the rest of the world.

happens all the time across the globe.

these two pricks took full advantage of being a American citizen. they had nice clothes, attended schools, had jobs, had a home, had cars. they could have stayed in their corner of the world. who knows, maybe they had plans planned out for them since day one of fucking up boston one day.

terror cells work at their agendas for decades at a time
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unsung wrote:
    unsung wrote:

Can't find what in the constitution? Seriously... what are you talking about?

Are you talking about the right to get mad, make a bomb from a pressure cooker, let it off on a crowded street, and then be pursued by police that must be limited in their capacity to do their job?

If you talk to the people in Boston- the ones cheering and waving and clapping for the police- I think they would disagree with your fanatical view that the process violated any their rights. I see gratification and approval.

Are you talking about the right to get mad, make a bomb from a pressure cooker, let it off on a crowded street, and then be pursued by police that must be limited in their capacity to do their job?

If you talk to the people in Boston- the ones cheering and waving and clapping for the police- I think they would disagree with your fanatical view that the process violated any their rights. I see gratification and approval.
    love it. key words... 'gratification & approval' from boston residents & from the rest of us. I wanna see a thread fired up in regards to ppl upset that these two dickheads were treated terribly especially this little prick they have caught. show me sadness, show me ppl signing petitions being signed to have this fucker sent to a prison resort in Hawaii

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:

love it. key words... 'gratification & approval' from boston residents & from the rest of us. I wanna see a thread fired up in regards to ppl upset that these two dickheads were treated terribly especially this little prick they have caught. show me sadness, show me ppl signing petitions being signed to have this fucker sent to a prison resort in Hawaii

I think I read this somewhere and it seems to make perfect sense:

"Show me a person sad about the treatment of this little worm and I'll show you a guy that needs a kick in the nuts followed up by a wedgie." (Chadwick, 2013)
  • unsung wrote:

I can't speak for unsung, but what I think he's getting at is that it's a sad state that it had to come to that, not that the police or authorities were out of line in what they were doing.

yikes. so what should they have done to catch him in your eyes?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,746
    YLed2 wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    "YLed2 wrote:
    Face looks swollen and bloody - good to see. Hopefully some officers got some good cracks in on him before taking him into custody. Shouldn't even be giving that punk medical attention, but hopefully they beat the piss out of him to get more info.

In my opinion, wishing violence and pain on someone is a sickness. No matter who they are.

In my opinion, manufacturing a bomb and placing it in the middle of a large crowd and killing and critically injuring innocent people and children is a sickness. In my opinion, shooting innocent people is a sickness. In my opinion, someone who believes someone who commits these acts doesn't deserve a solid punch to the face has a sickness.

He will get the death penalty, but you're right - I would rather see this punk get sentenced to life with real hard time of actual hard, physical labor. Like busting rocks in the heat for 10 hours straight every day for the rest of his life. And I would hope every day he feels the pain of those he critically injured for the rest of their lives. But that would be too harsh too, right?
    [/quote][/quote]
    In my opinion, I'll wait for evidence to be presented at trial, a jury to convict, and sentence to be passed before I'll make assinine comments that have a bloodlust conotation to them.

Fucking people think its the government of the US thats hated. Maybe so, but I swear the average citizen does nothing help that either.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    unsung wrote:

double tap. :mrgreen:

Godfather.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    im against death penalty,eye for an eye,attack the prisoner etc..
    we must be different than the murderers
    he must go on trial..
    if they could get him alive as they did, is better to take infos,see if he got help,
    and this show me ,they want him alive..they could shoot gim at scene..
    but if they killed him,i wouldnt be sad at all
    he must have rights,fair trial,judge and jury to convince him,the evidence etc
    i guess the authorities have all this in hand already

..but you know,if he got punch "accidentally" during arrest,i wouldnt be sad either..

and trust me...he would love to be dead..

now??at the hands of fbi??later at prison ???

hell is coming his way..and if he did what they accuse him...well...he fuckin deserve hell
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I think I read this somewhere and it seems to make perfect sense:

"Show me a person sad about the treatment of this little worm and I'll show you a guy that needs a kick in the nuts followed up by a wedgie." (Chadwick, 2013)
    :lol:

where'd you find that?

btw folks, we need love & lots of it. fact is not all of us wanna give & receive love. these two jerkoffs destroyed innocent peoples' lives. not cool. they are lucky they committed these crimes in america & they know this. in many other parts of the world this guy would be beheaded swiftly, tortured, thrown in a pit, starved, hung up by his flesh, disemboweled, & set on fire

he's getting professional medical treatment at a world class facility in one of boston's fine hospitals & not a clay hut they call a medical center.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    it is true by heart & soul that when you terrorize citizens of whatever country you are from or wherever you live, if you bomb/terrorize & maim & kill others you have just signed over your rights, you have just denounced yourself & you are up a fucking creek without a boat or paddle

these assholes denounced not only themselves but all the people they hurt & killed, all the families involved, their own family & friends, every citizen of boston & the surrounding area as well as all of America & the rest of the world.

these two pricks took full advantage of being a American citizen. they had nice clothes, attended schools, had jobs, had a home, had cars. they could have stayed in their corner of the world. who knows, maybe they had plans planned out for them since day one of fucking up boston one day.

Hmm, arriving ten years ago, so at 16 yrs old and 9 yrs old respectively , they coeirced their parents to flee their wartorn homeland in order to come here and do all this mayhem?

Cmon, dude.

I for one am interested to learn what the motivation was for these acts.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    mickeyrat wrote:

thats why he is still Alive..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Hmm, arriving ten years ago, so at 16 yrs old and 9 yrs old respectively , they coeirced their parents to flee their wartorn homeland in order to come here and do all this mayhem?

Cmon, dude.

at some point shit turned around for these two clowns. was it when they were kids? was the older the leader of their little gang? were they involved in terror organizations? maybe their parents are shady? who knows.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Cmon, dude.

at some point shit turned around for these two clowns. was it when they were kids? was the older the leader of their little gang? were they involved in terror organizations? maybe their parents are shady? who knows.
    all valid questions. So lets wait to have them answered before we go off, huh?

it wasn't these guys that did this?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    two years ago the oldest brother was questioned by fbi about being involved with terrorist groups. he was cleared.

just heard this on msnbc by the lady reporter at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    unsung wrote:
    unsung wrote:

Martial law wasn't declared. The mayor sand the highway patrol asked and advised the residence to stay home for their safety and they most of them did. They shut down public transportation because they could. Nothing was done that was unconstitutional.

I may be wrong about this, but isn't there something that says cops don't have to read the miranda rights at the time of arrest in the heat of the moment? Plus, when one commits an act of terror, regardless of citizenship, he loses the right to be read his rights at the time he's caught. IMO.
    lemme tell you all what is sad stuff. since this bullshit started I've been listening to the news rather than music. I gotta say this isn't right. I feel it in my bones. music is a large part of my life. I need tunes.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited April 2013
    chadwick wrote:

There's nothing, anywhere, that states if you commit a crime on Americans that you are no longer a citizen. Despite emotional ties to this the Constitution still should prevail. If not, how are we any better than the lynch mobs that strung up black people? The mob mentality is for feeble minded people.

On EDIT:

I am wrong. On Dec 31, 2011 Barack Obama signed NDAA into law. It basically states that once the country has been declared a battlefield you no longer have rights, they don't have to ever charge you, and they never have to release you.

My bad.
    Post edited by unsung on
    edited April 2013
    I'm done with this thread. Too many of you need a lesson in Constitutional law.

Peace.

On edit: what Constitution?
    Post edited by unsung on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Good morning, jammers (what was the dumb name entertainment weekly try to start?) ...

Hope everyone has a jolly day :)
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    unsung wrote:
    unsung wrote:

Martial law wasn't declared. The mayor sand the highway patrol asked and advised the residence to stay home for their safety and they most of them did. They shut down public transportation because they could. Nothing was done that was unconstitutional.

I may be wrong about this, but isn't there something that says cops don't have to read the miranda rights at the time of arrest in the heat of the moment? Plus, when one commits an act of terror, regardless of citizenship, he loses the right to be read his rights at the time he's caught. IMO.

It is known as the "Public Safety Exception". As decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1984.
    Nothing unconstitutional about it.
    It's just the whacko conspiracy theorists that want to make something out of nothing.

It stems from a 1984 U.S. Supreme Court case (New York v. Quarles) involving a Queens man charged with criminal gun possession. A witness told police the man raped her and had a gun. When they found him at an A&P supermarket, he had an empty shoulder holster. An officer, after handcuffing him, asked him where the gun was. The man gestured toward a stack of liquid-soap cartons, where police found a loaded revolver.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2013/04/19/the-public-safety-exception/
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    chadwick wrote:
    lemme tell you all what is sad stuff. since this bullshit started I've been listening to the news rather than music. I gotta say this isn't right. I feel it in my bones. music is a large part of my life. I need tunes.
    Past Monday evening, our hearts were heavy along with most in this country of ours (beyond there too, I know).

I came home from work, watched more news and had to get some distance from it.

(and was well aware - and thankful - that I *could* get some distance from it)

By nightfall the music was full-on - all kinds, but the comforting kinds.

It's a panacea.

If music were clothing, it would be a snuggie.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    chadwick wrote:

Yep, this. Was so glad to get out and watch The Steepwater Band last night. Got me back on track. 8-)
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.

It is known as the "Public Safety Exception". As decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1984.
    Nothing unconstitutional about it.
    It's just the whacko conspiracy theorists that want to make something out of nothing.

It stems from a 1984 U.S. Supreme Court case (New York v. Quarles) involving a Queens man charged with criminal gun possession. A witness told police the man raped her and had a gun. When they found him at an A&P supermarket, he had an empty shoulder holster. An officer, after handcuffing him, asked him where the gun was. The man gestured toward a stack of liquid-soap cartons, where police found a loaded revolver.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2013/04/19/the-public-safety-exception/

That applies when there is a threat of another immediate attack. The police have already declared this crisis over, therefore there is no reason to violate his rights. Of course they already know that, the threat being over that is.
  • unsung wrote:

I'll ask again.......
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014