Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Well, I see that many of you woke up this morning feeling like mental cases. Excellent. Carry on. :corn:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    it is true by heart & soul that when you terrorize citizens of whatever country you are from or wherever you live, if you bomb/terrorize & maim & kill others you have just signed over your rights, you have just denounced yourself & you are up a fucking creek without a boat or paddle

these assholes denounced not only themselves but all the people they hurt & killed, all the families involved, their own family & friends, every citizen of boston & the surrounding area as well as all of America & the rest of the world.

happens all the time across the globe.

these two pricks took full advantage of being a American citizen. they had nice clothes, attended schools, had jobs, had a home, had cars. they could have stayed in their corner of the world. who knows, maybe they had plans planned out for them since day one of fucking up boston one day.

terror cells work at their agendas for decades at a time
    Hmm, arriving ten years ago, so at 16 yrs old and 9 yrs old respectively , they coeirced their parents to flee their wartorn homeland in order to come here and do all this mayhem?

Cmon, dude.

I for one am interested to learn what the motivation was for these acts.

I agree ... its in everyone's best interest to know what the motive was.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I may or may not have always been a genius in this thread, other threads or in this physical meat apparatus that is me and the moments in my life's happenings, all types covered

thank you,
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    BIUVFffCcAE438T.jpg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,746
    edited April 2013
    chadwick wrote:
    I may or may not have always been a genius in this thread, other threads or in this physical meat apparatus that is me and the moments in my life's happenings, all types covered

thank you,
    I was just asking for a collective deep breath, ya know?

Most certainly this act(s) was abhorant. As for the human beings behind this? Man, I really would like a fuller picture of who they are and what motivated them.

Perhaps , getting hauled in at the request of the Russian gov( so its been reported, whatever thats worth) is what set him on this kind of path.

In times like these, I feel, we MUST rise above and allow the systems we have in place that make this such a supposedly great country do what it is they do.

The Constitution and the ideals that America espouse either ARE the way to go, or we should just shut the fuck up about them, if we cant attempt to rise up to those ideals. We cant have it both ways.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • unsung wrote:
    I don't approve of the actions of government in the name of "keeping us safe".

yikes. so what should they have done to catch him in your eyes?

I'll ask again.......

I asked as well. He doesn't have an answer because there is no better solution than the one that played out. He simply hates Obama and looks for any reason possible to sling mud at him. A few posts back he basically called everybody stupid and said he was leaving this thread because of that. Then he came back after doing some thinking to post some more rhetoric.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    I'm done with this thread. Too many of you need a lesson in Constitutional law.

Peace.

unsung wrote:

It is known as the "Public Safety Exception". As decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1984.
    Nothing unconstitutional about it.
    It's just the whacko conspiracy theorists that want to make something out of nothing.

It stems from a 1984 U.S. Supreme Court case (New York v. Quarles) involving a Queens man charged with criminal gun possession. A witness told police the man raped her and had a gun. When they found him at an A&P supermarket, he had an empty shoulder holster. An officer, after handcuffing him, asked him where the gun was. The man gestured toward a stack of liquid-soap cartons, where police found a loaded revolver.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2013/04/19/the-public-safety-exception/

That applies when there is a threat of another immediate attack. The police have already declared this crisis over, therefore there is no reason to violate his rights. Of course they already know that, the threat being over that is.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    BIUVFffCcAE438T.jpg
    thermal camera?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    BIUVFffCcAE438T.jpg
    thermal camera?

No Dimi, it's analog..... :lol::lol:
    i dont get why having this conversation about rights..
    he killed people and he was a threat for public safety..
    they would do EVERYTHING NEEDED to put him down..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    badbrains wrote:
    BIUVFffCcAE438T.jpg
    thermal camera?

No Dimi, it's analog..... :lol::lol:
    :lol:
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited April 2013
    Id settle for unsung to explain which constitutional rights were violated. Because I haven't read or seen anything that would suggest they were

Edit: except for the home searches. I can only guess and say that the homeowners gave permission for the cops to search their home. If they forced themselves in the homes, then yes, that's a problem.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    BIUVFffCcAE438T.jpg
    thermal camera?
    Looks like a giant dildo in a boat.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Id settle for unsung to explain which constitutional rights were violated. Because I haven't read or seen anything that would suggest they were

Edit: except for the home searches. I can only guess and say that the homeowners gave permission for the cops to search their home. If they forced themselves in the homes, then yes, that's a problem.
    if i was a home owner i would even pay the authorities to let them arrest that piece of shit and take hi away of my property

i guess unsung when he says his constitutional rights were violated,he means they didnt treat him as they treat people like 2002 at that hotel and vacation destination ..
    you know..the Guantanamo Bay detention camp
    BIUVFffCcAE438T.jpg
    thermal camera?
    Looks like a giant dildo in a boat.
    lol
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    i dont get why having this conversation about rights..
    he killed people and he was a threat for public safety..
    they would do EVERYTHING NEEDED to put him down..

There is no constitutional rights issue yet. If they abuse the Public Safety Exemption which they likely will, then there needs to be a discussion. But who even knows if he will refuse to talk at this point. It's all speculation.

I don't have a problem with asking him about other plans or other participants or other explosives without Mirandizing him.

I do disagree with the Republican rhetoric going on now about classifying him as an enemy combatant. He is an American citizen, and he deserves the same rights as the rest of us. He didn't attack the the military or the government. He attacked other citizens. In my opinion, he is no different than a mass shooter or a serial killer or those types of scumbags.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    I do disagree with the Republican rhetoric going on now about classifying him as an enemy combatant. He is an American citizen, and he deserves the same rights as the rest of us. He didn't attack the the military or the government. He attacked other citizens. In my opinion, he is no different than a mass shooter or a serial killer or those types of scumbags.

Agreed.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.

Agreed.
    still a puke who hopefully wore a rifle butt to his teeth when arrested

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I do disagree with the Republican rhetoric going on now about classifying him as an enemy combatant. He is an American citizen, and he deserves the same rights as the rest of us. He didn't attack the the military or the government. He attacked other citizens. In my opinion, he is no different than a mass shooter or a serial killer or those types of scumbags.

This might be a case of semantics as you have rightfully referred to him as a scumbag, but I would venture to say he doesn't deserve the same rights as the rest of you. He's going to receive them and I understand why, but he deserves shit sandwiches and daily beatings. If not these... then death.
    cops, jail & prison guards & inmate cooks will all mess with him & his food. I wouldn't eat it! i'm good, go ahead, mr. bad guy. shit, spit & booger sandwiches.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

I'll ask again.......

It's not what the did to catch him, it's what they did to everyone else in the process.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    unsung wrote:

I'll ask again.......

It's not what the did to catch him, it's what they did to everyone else in the process.

I've watched the news reports, listend to the radio from Boston, I've read the Boston and national newspapers, and I've talked to family and friends in Boston....have yet to see or hear anyone complain...except you of course :nono:
    Following the Constitution isn't popular anymore.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    unsung wrote:

Sorry, I must have missed something. What was done that was unconstitutional?
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,108
    A murdered child and three other people - all innocent victims - deserves justice. The guilty party deserves imprisonment, hell, maybe even death. They hopefully suffer consequences and pain and discomfort and hopefully, maybe, possibly...they find redemption somewhere down the line (religion? spirituality? a simple and genuine feeling of remorse?). People, in this thread, have said among other things that they hoped this guy got a rifle to the teeth when he was arrested. People have mentioned hoping he eats "shit sandwiches daily." People have described denying him medical care.

Now...let's imagine for a minute, that the person everyone thinks did this...didn't do it. In some alternate universe, we'll say, the evidence that's all been put out there is the same and yet somehow, it's just a colossal fuck-up and coincidence and this guy somehow didn't do it. Does he still deserve all those things?

Let me make myself perfectly fucking clear here: I do not think this guy is innocent. At the very least, he murdered a cop. At most, he murdered 3 other people and maimed tens of hundreds of people. You may look at the photos during the marathon and his actions during the manhunt, and reasonably (and rightly, probably) conclude that this guy is one-half of the bombers. He did it.

But many of us just spent the entire week bitching about how awful, misinformed and flat-out WRONG the media's reporting of this event has been. So, let's recap where the evidence has come from in this case - the very same evidence we're all using to condemn this guy. Oh that's right, the awful and misinformed media.

So why are people so willing to trade in their good sense, compassion and reason - the same we've seen from so many places in the aftermath this week - for bloodlust and hastiness, for judgment based on what the TV has shown them? It's very sad, on top of the death of four people, the injury of others, the destruction of lives, the shattering of innocence etc etc etc, to hear people who are normally so reasonable so willing to wish pain, suffering and death for an accused based on what the TV showed them.

My point is this: mob mentality is fucking scaring. Really fucking scary. Everyone is rightly shocked, saddened, depressed and eager to see justice over this horrible event. This guy most likely is exactly who he's made out to be.

But why are people so willing to dispense with the process, rush to judgment and wish pain and suffering on someone that, at this point, only appears to be guilty? Last I checked, the appearance of guilt is not the same as actual guilt. Why the fear to let the process play itself out?

I'll repeat it, just to avoid confusion: I am NOT doubting this guy's guilt. I AM questioning the motives of people who'd rather spend time wishing pain and suffering on someone than seeing that he's duly convicted through a fair and impartial process. The evidence, as it appears to exist, will most certainly condemn this guy for what he's done. If you're religious, there will be more than that. But a wholehearted, emotional and rash plea for the pain and suffering of someone before they've been tried and convicted is about as un-American an attitude as I can imagine.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    [

we agree to this...no question

i asked about his rights conversation ,cos i dint see anything happened yet that he lost his rights..
    unsung wrote:

I'll ask again.......

there is no information anywhere they didnt respect his constitutional rights
    you just assuming ,cos you are against the goverment..
    and...from all the forum...you are the only one that "worry" about his constitutional rights ??
    you support that every citizen should be like rambo,and own guns, you support a party that brought Big Brother to usa and create Guantanamo and start wars in the name of terrorism
    ,and you care and worry about a terrorist-murderer constitutional rights??
    if this is a joke,isnt a good one,if u are serious,ill take it as a joke..
    unsung wrote:

Read some back posts.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    unsung wrote:
    unsung wrote:

Read some back posts.
    Nothing was done unconstitutional. Unless the police forced themselves into the homes. There have been no reports of that. Everything was done legally
  • vant0037 wrote:
    Let me make myself perfectly fucking clear here: I do not think this guy is innocent. At the very least, he murdered a cop. At most, he murdered 3 other people and maimed tens of hundreds of people. You may look at the photos during the marathon and his actions during the manhunt, and reasonably (and rightly, probably) conclude that this guy is one-half of the bombers. He did it.

But many of us just spent the entire week bitching about how awful, misinformed and flat-out WRONG the media's reporting of this event has been. So, let's recap where the evidence has come from in this case - the very same evidence we're all using to condemn this guy. Oh that's right, the awful and misinformed media.

So why are people so willing to trade in their good sense, compassion and reason - the same we've seen from so many places in the aftermath this week - for bloodlust and hastiness, for judgment based on what the TV has shown them? It's very sad, on top of the death of four people, the injury of others, the destruction of lives, the shattering of innocence etc etc etc, to hear people who are normally so reasonable so willing to wish pain, suffering and death for an accused based on what the TV showed them.

My point is this: mob mentality is fucking scaring. Really fucking scary. Everyone is rightly shocked, saddened, depressed and eager to see justice over this horrible event. This guy most likely is exactly who he's made out to be.

But why are people so willing to dispense with the process, rush to judgment and wish pain and suffering on someone that, at this point, only appears to be guilty? Last I checked, the appearance of guilt is not the same as actual guilt. Why the fear to let the process play itself out?

I'll repeat it, just to avoid confusion: I am NOT doubting this guy's guilt. I AM questioning the motives of people who'd rather spend time wishing pain and suffering on someone than seeing that he's duly convicted through a fair and impartial process. The evidence, as it appears to exist, will most certainly condemn this guy for what he's done. If you're religious, there will be more than that. But a wholehearted, emotional and rash plea for the pain and suffering of someone before they've been tried and convicted is about as un-American an attitude as I can imagine.

I hear what you are getting at, but I think the message is misplaced. If everyone was saying that stuff about some of the people in that post that depicted all the images of the guy with the bag, the lonely looking guy with the backpack, and the other two 'suspicious' looking guys... then your message would be more timely.

People weren't saying those barbaric comments for any of those people despite the suspicion naturally raised by the photographs. In my opinion, people actually did a really good job of waiting before throwing their rocks given what seemed a fairly legitimate expose of possible bombers.

Given the intital evidence that has been presented such as: eyewitness testimony from one of the higher profile victims; damning photographs; and his conduct just prior to being arrested... I'm convinced this idiot is guilty and so are you. We're all relieved and we're all angry. The sentiments expressed are all fair given the unfair behaviour exhibited by the ghouls.

The people, such as myself, that wish the worst for this asshole care very much for humanity. They aren't as simple as you 'kind of' suggest. You have a legal background and you have bought into many of the legal philosophies that others, such as myself, haven't. This fact doesn't make yours or my opinion better than the other- it just makes them different. If these assholes had not tried to kill hundreds of innocent people- an absolute betrayal to mankind- I would be hoping for the best for them. Given what they have done... the living brother can eat shit sandwiches and die. The dead one can rot.