Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    JimmyV wrote:
    The scene at the courthouse:

liv-480x270.png

20130417_1421321-480x360.jpg
    Who the fuck gets off on sending a bomb threat in the midst of this?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    JimmyV wrote:

liv-480x270.png

wow
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    hedonist wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

liv-480x270.png

What bomb threat?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I just hope they catch the perpetrator no matter what color skin or what accent or even an alien , just hope they get who did this ....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    What bomb threat?
    It's on the front page of www.boston.com:

Courthouse evacuated after bomb threat
    Boston’s federal courthouse, where a large contingent of media had gathered in anticipation of an appearance by the suspect, has been evacuated. (3:33 p.m.)
    Unattended car leads to hospital evacuation
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Well, for one, a lot of people can actually identify a lot of accents. But also, it's not like people are going to go out and start curb stomping people with accents. I see no harm.

noo ... people cannot identify accents ... most americans could not find iraq on a map when asked to ...

this is a country that after 9/11 had people beating up any "brown" people they could find ...

it's why the fbi issued a plea for the media to not report erroneous details ... because of the possibility of this happening ...
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Well, for one, a lot of people can actually identify a lot of accents. But also, it's not like people are going to go out and start curb stomping people with accents. I see no harm.

noo ... people cannot identify accents ... most americans could not find iraq on a map when asked to ...

this is a country that after 9/11 had people beating up any "brown" people they could find ...

it's why the fbi issued a plea for the media to not report erroneous details ... because of the possibility of this happening ...

That's a bit dramatic. Nobody I've ever met would take to the streets and start crushing brown people. Sure there were isolated incidents after 9-11, but I don't believe it was a widespread thing
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yes, most of us could not find Iraq on a map and did beat up brown people after 9/11. You've got us figured out. The whole country could not wait to beat up some brown people.

:roll:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    stickfig13 wrote:
    That's a bit dramatic. Nobody I've ever met would take to the streets and start crushing brown people. Sure there were isolated incidents after 9-11, but I don't believe it was a widespread thing

obviously it's not a widespread thing but is one incident ok? ... 10? ... knowing the information is already speculative - it just serves no purpose ... i've yet to hear one valid reason why that info is important to anyone except law enforcement ... especially knowing that most reports have been erroneous ...
    JimmyV wrote:
    Yes, most of us could not find Iraq on a map and did beat up brown people after 9/11. You've got us figured out. The whole country could not wait to beat up some brown people.

:fp: ... lemme guess ... no such thing as racism in the US ... everyone loves each other ... :roll:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 76580.html
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

:fp: ... lemme guess ... no such thing as racism in the US ... everyone loves each other ... :roll:

Just stop judging the whole country by the lowest common denominator. You said most, you were wrong. You jumped on Wolf Blitzer's words pretty good earlier so watch your own.

polaris_x wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

obviously it's not a widespread thing but is one incident ok? ... 10? ... knowing the information is already speculative - it just serves no purpose ... i've yet to hear one valid reason why that info is important to anyone except law enforcement ... especially knowing that most reports have been erroneous ...
    I think that saying the news can't talk about a person's accent because people with accents might get beaten up is a little much - sounds paranoid.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Yep... it's either most of us are racists or none of us are. Great parameters there.

And 6 out 10 young Americans probably can't find Kansas on a map, but that doesn't mean they are going to grow up to beat up brown people.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,177
    But really why does it matter what accent or skin color of who ever did this ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

The last time our country was divided on race and held rallies and marches was because NBC edited a 911 call. Compared to what I've seen from the 60's, we have come a loooooong way.

I'll blame poor geography skills on the teachers union. ;)
    polaris_x wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

The current population of the US is 313,914,040

10 incidents isn't exactly widespread.

Don't act like you walk around not seeing the color of people's skin. The American public has good reason to think that Middle East terror could possibly be involved. That stereotype isn't unfounded.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Here we go again. Why is it ok to lump all Americans into 1 basket all the time around here?

Racism everywhere. Doesn't mean it's always the cause of everything. And where in the hell did you get "no such thing as racism in the US" from anyone's post?
    hippiemom = goodness
    Jason P wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

The last time our country was divided on race and held rallies and marches was because NBC edited a 911 call. Compared to what I've seen from the 60's, we have come a loooooong way.

I'll blame poor geography skills on the teachers union. ;)
    Not to derail the thread, but.... The teachers union?? It's not their fault! ;)
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    :lol: polaris....buddy you just got spanked :lol:

Godfather.
    stickfig13 wrote:

Don't act like you walk around not seeing the color of people's skin. The American public has good reason to think that Middle East terror could possibly be involved. That stereotype isn't unfounded.

soo ... 10 incidents are ok to you then? ... if so ... fine ... again - i will ask because no one will answer ... what good is this speculative information to anyone?

so ... america so proud on it's liberties and freedoms and justice now feels its ok to stereotype people of the middle east!??
    Here we go again. Why is it ok to lump all Americans into 1 basket all the time around here?

Racism everywhere. Doesn't mean it's always the cause of everything. And where in the hell did you get "no such thing as racism in the US" from anyone's post?

because we are talking about an incident in america and the response of american people ...

look at the post i responded to ... is it wrong to respond to sarcasm with sarcasm?
    Godfather. wrote:
    :lol: polaris....buddy you just got spanked :lol:

Godfather.

really!?? ... i'm not immune to getting my ass handed to me in a discussion on here ... but please show me how i got spanked? ...

i'm guessing you will be unable to ... and that as per usual ... you just think so because someone wrote something you agree with ...
  • yesterday, they said... look out for a dark skinned man with a black sweatshirt, black backpack and possibly an accent.

today news breaks that a suspect has been arrested, and the news stations are just trying to get a sense of the situation. was it a dark skinned man with an accent... what kind of accent? or was it a white guy?

personally, i dont think it should really matter. black, white, green, purple.... whoever did this is one sick fuck. regardless, i think that the news is just trying to get every tiny piece of info they can get, as soon as they can get it...

which isn't really working out that well, since it seems that NOTHING that the news is reporting at this time is accurate.

ive been sitting back watching this thread fall apart. we shouldn't be arguing over our own beliefs, political or otherwise... we just dont know enough yet. we should all be mourning those lost and injured, and coming together as a community in hopes that justice will be served, no matter where the person came from who is responsible for this.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

polaris_x wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

soo ... 10 incidents are ok to you then? ... if so ... fine ... again - i will ask because no one will answer ... what good is this speculative information to anyone?

so ... america so proud on it's liberties and freedoms and justice now feels its ok to stereotype people of the middle east!??
    I could have missed something, but who is stereotyping people from the middle east?? I don't think that thinking some fanatic from the ME could possibly be a culprit for a terror bombing in the US is stereotyping, and it's not like people wouldn't be thinking it if the media didn't mention it.... If fact, if the media tried to pretend that the possibility of it being an Islamic terrorist wasn't a factor worth mentioning, they'd look like idiots.
    polaris_x wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

Simply. Yes

I don't believe that at any time in the history of the world has there been a lack of morons. Good luck trying to tell yourself there won't be.

We have groups based in the Middle East that have openly pledged to destroy our country. Until further notice from them I'm okay with double standards and jumping to conclusion when bombs blow up in the streets of Boston.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I could have missed something, but who is stereotyping people from the middle east?? I don't think that thinking some fanatic from the ME could possibly be a culprit for a terror bombing in the US is stereotyping, and it's not like people wouldn't be thinking it if the media didn't mention it.... If fact, if the media tried to pretend that the possibility of it being an Islamic terrorist wasn't a factor worth mentioning, they'd look like idiots.

pending verification of story ...

they turned a flight around because two guys who looked like they were from the middle east were aboard a flight and talking to each other in a foreign language ... police took these guys off the flight and questioned them ... if that's cool to you ... so be it ... i personally think its abhorrent ...
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Simply. Yes

I don't believe that at any time in the history of the world has there been a lack of morons. Good luck trying to tell yourself there won't be.

We have groups based in the Middle East that have openly pledged to destroy our country. Until further notice from them I'm okay with double standards and jumping to conclusion when bombs blow up in the streets of Boston.

well ... all i can say to this is that i hope you aren't traveling somewhere and something happens and they think the suspect is american and something happens to you ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Simply. Yes

well ... all i can say to this is that i hope you aren't traveling somewhere and something happens and they think the suspect is american and something happens to you ...

I'll take my chances. :lol:
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

pending verification of story ...

they turned a flight around because two guys who looked like they were from the middle east were aboard a flight and talking to each other in a foreign language ... police took these guys off the flight and questioned them ... if that's cool to you ... so be it ... i personally think its abhorrent ...

Yes, because in a population of 300+ million, we've had a handful of bad racial incidents, that makes us all racists or people who support or condone racism.

broad_brush.jpg

Because, "it's cool to us"

While I'm adding pictures:
    get-off-your-high-horse.jpg
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln