Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    John King better have his fingers crossed ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yes, it matters a lot I should think. If it's foreign, that brings up a LOT of issues that a domestic attack wouldn't. I mean, if 9/11 had been domestic, there never would have been a war for the next 12 years and counting. The distinction makes a world of difference.
    i think the opposite...cos a foreign its easy to answer why..domestic will have a lot of questions and alot of conspiracy theories
    The "why" is the least of their worries; no matter what the reason, of course every American will say that the actions were wrong and misguided and evil. The important part is in how future threats are evaluated and prevented, and how justice is carried out. That is much more difficult if it's also a matter of foreign affairs and policy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    JimmyV wrote:
    I edited the image link out of my original post but it has been quoted a bunch of times. Sorry If I contributed to a witch hunt, not my intent.
    I wouldn't worry about it... the image was already everywhere and spreading fast. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    JimmyV wrote:
    I edited the image link out of my original post but it has been quoted a bunch of times. Sorry If I contributed to a witch hunt, not my intent.
    come on,if anyone think that you intent to do that he is just asshole..
    everyone here should already knows you are honest and you dont use "tricks" to support your opinion.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about it... the image was already everywhere and spreading fast. ;)

True, true. But he is definitely not the guy John King is describing.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited April 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    the power of media..seriously,if the guy doeasnt had to do with anything.isnt his life ruled already..??
    Well, probably not. But it definitely could cause some difficulties... Not that I blame JimmyV for posting it. Of course these kinds of things are going to draw some attention, and it's human nature to look at them. I mean, that was probably the most interesting photo I've seen today. :willshrug:
    how u would you feel if was your face there,andall over the world talking that maybe you put bombs and kill people??
    how people will look at you next day at the office??
    Yeah, it would suck, as I already said. The point is, whatcha gonna do?? There is no stopping it.
    And if that was me and I didn't do anything wrong, and I came into work, and I would tell everyone that that's ridiculous, of course I didn't do it, and everyone would believe me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    1:35pm ET: Boston's local ABC affiliate reports an arrest is either imminent or "has already taken place."

WCVB-TV Boston
    @WCVB
    #BREAKING: According to @WuWCVB, an arrest in #BostonMarathon bombing is imminent or has already taken place.
    AN HOUR AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yes, it matters a lot I should think. If it's foreign, that brings up a LOT of issues that a domestic attack wouldn't. I mean, if 9/11 had been domestic, there never would have been a war for the next 12 years and counting. The distinction makes a world of difference.
    i think the opposite...cos a foreign its easy to answer why..domestic will have a lot of questions and alot of conspiracy theories
    The "why" is the least of their worries; no matter what the reason, of course every American will say that the actions were wrong and misguided and evil. The important part is in how future threats are evaluated and prevented, and how justice is carried out. That is much more difficult if it's also a matter of foreign affairs and policy.
    well.the power of media and the videos are enough,every american,and even alot of other countries to say,you have every right to strike back ,you ve been under attack..from forreing terrorist..
    but if its domestic group..alot of why....ALOT...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    how u would you feel if was your face there,andall over the world talking that maybe you put bombs and kill people??
    how people will look at you next day at the office??
    Yeah, it would suck, as I already said. The point is, whatcha gonna do?? There is no stopping it.
    And if that was me and I didn't do anything wrong, and I came into work, and I would tell everyone that that's ridiculous, of course I didn't do it, and everyone would believe me.
    if you didnt get nuts first cos of how people think about you..
    1:35pm ET: Boston's local ABC affiliate reports an arrest is either imminent or "has already taken place."

WCVB-TV Boston
    @WCVB
    #BREAKING: According to @WuWCVB, an arrest in #BostonMarathon bombing is imminent or has already taken place.
    AN HOUR AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
    just said the same here at news
  • CNN reports an arrest has been made. Let's hope this is the guy.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    So I guess my question was a dumb one. We're screwed either way.... :(

I have to agree with you. :|
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    JimmyV wrote:
    come on,if anyone think that you intent to do that he is just asshole..
    everyone here should already knows you are honest and you dont use "tricks" to support your opinion.

Thanks, but I was wrong to post that. I will never forget the name Richard Jewel because he was the first suspect in the Olympic 1996 bombing in Atlanta. His name got shredded but he turned out to not be the guy. I shouldn't have contributed to that.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    check this out...

i'm not saying these ricin letters are related to the marathon bombing, but someone posted the other ricin article in this thread yesterday so i thought i would follow it up here.

the timing is interesting though. just like the anthrax letters after 9/11.

Letter sent to Obama tests positive for ricin, officials say

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04 ... s-say?lite

A letter addressed to President Barack Obama tested positive for the poison ricin and was from the same sender who mailed a letter to a senator that also tested positive, officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

The letter to Obama was intercepted at an off-site White House mail facility and was being tested further, a Secret Service official told NBC News. A federal law enforcement official said that the letter was “very similar” to one addressed to Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., that tested positive in preliminary screening for ricin.

Authorities cleared the atrium of a Senate office building Wednesday, but it was not immediately apparent why. Capitol police were also investigating a suspicious package at the office of Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala. Shelby’s staff had not been evacuated.

Federal officials told NBC News that they believe they know who sent the letters, but no arrest was made, and authorities were waiting for further test results.

Ricin is made from castor beans and can kill within 36 hours. There is no antidote. Some threatening letters simply contain ground castor beans, resulting in a positive field test for ricin without the concentrated poison. Results from full laboratory tests are expected in the next 24 to 48 hours.

An FBI official told NBC News that the agency did not initially believe the letters were related to the attack on the Boston Marathon on Monday.

The letter to Obama was received at the mail facility Tuesday, the official said. The FBI said Tuesday that a letter intended for Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., had initially tested positive for ricin.

The Wicker letter was intercepted at a postal facility in Maryland that screens mail sent to Congress, and never reached Wicker’s office. The senator thanked law enforcement and said an investigation was underway but did not elaborate.

Other senators were made aware of the Wicker letter during a briefing Tuesday evening on the bombing in Boston. Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., said that the person who sent Wicker the letter writes often to elected officials.
    The Wicker letter was postmarked Memphis, Tenn., and had no return addres.
    whack job writes elected officials on a regular basis. they are watching several lunatics. someone or several are in deep doodoo
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    CNN reports an arrest has been made. Let's hope this is the guy.

This x 1000
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    if you didnt get nuts first cos of how people think about you..
    No doubt it would be a very bad week! Once someone else is arrested, though, it would be okay.
    CNN reports an arrest has been made. Let's hope this is the guy.
    +1
    just to mention this...i saw at lost dog forum..people can do simply beautiful things
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=207005&p=5010330#p5010330
    CNN saying a federal law enforcement source is saying that they have video of the guy actually placing one of the bombs.

That should put an end to a lot of the questions/conspiracies.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    edited April 2013
    edit
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    CNN saying a federal law enforcement source is saying that they have video of the guy actually placing one of the bombs.

My bet is the conspiracy theories are just getting started.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    uhhh ... just watched the video on cnn ... why the cuss is wolf asking if they have information on whether or not it's a foreigner or if it's someone who speaks with an accent or looks like a foreigner? ... fuck, as if racial tensions aren't already hyper-inflated now ... he's just stoking the fires ...

it's fucking the USA ... everyone talks with an accent depending on where you live ... brutal ...
    JimmyV wrote:

My bet is the conspiracy theories are just getting started.
    oh yeah..
    edited April 2013
    i don't believe it is complex and deserves a conspiracy. i say one lunatic freak show placed a couple homemade bullshit bombs around the city of boston during marathon day. he wanted to hurt & kill ppl, pretty simple stuff & he succeeded.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    polaris_x wrote:
    uhhh ... just watched the video on cnn ... why the cuss is wolf asking if they have information on whether or not it's a foreigner or if it's someone who speaks with an accent or looks like a foreigner? ... fuck, as if racial tensions aren't already hyper-inflated now ... he's just stoking the fires ...

it's fucking the USA ... everyone talks with an accent depending on where you live ... brutal ...
    because wolf blitzer is an ass... it is blitzer, right?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Reports saying no suspect in custody.

Solid reporting once again....
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    chadwick wrote:

ya ... it was blitzer ...
    edited April 2013
    Boston Globe reporting suspect is in custody and being brought to US District Court House in South Boston.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

polaris_x wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

ya ... it was blitzer ...
    I want someone as white & as educated as blitzer to be the guilty party.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    chadwick wrote:
    That sounds like a name of the head character from an 80's action movie.