Airline "Fat Tax"...thoughts?

1234568»

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    When I go to to OZ, I'm flying First Class on Qantas:

Qantas-A380-first-class-uniform-420x0.jpg

18 hours from LA, there is no way I would be able to handle being squished for that long!

I flew Qantas to Auckland in economy. The seats are fucking thrones compared to short domestic flights within the US (examples include NY-CLE, NY-ATL). The issue I had, was I had to be the jerk that had to keep getting up and taking a walk around the plane. Luckily its a big plane. That little plane cubicle looks nice but it must be an extra grand or two, no?

I just checked the price from Seattle...$4049 RT.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::|:sick:
    Economy is $984 I have to switch planes in LAX

*sigh* why can't I just win the lottery?!?!? (and if I ever get to fly first class to OZ I will be damn sure to take my shoes AND socks off!-they will probably give me some nice slippers with kangaroos on them anyway)[/quote]

I got socks, toothbrush/paste and an eyemask. in economy. in 2009. Int'l carrier FTW!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    There are a lot of pages here, maybe this has already been said.

1- Install 'Extra room seats' (called that to be politically correct)

2- If you're over a certain weight you must pay the extra money (maybe $50-100 for these seats)

Why? Cause even if the bigger people pay extra money for a regular seat they're still squashing the person next to them which isn't fair for that passenger.

Another note- My golf clubs usually cost 100-150 for a return flight while my total weight with clubs is still a lot less than some on the plane.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mca47 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    The worse thing on a flight though is the poor person who is sick.
    Flying home from Milwaukee I was feverish, so weak, crying up a storm,
    holding an awful cough in ...
    it was torturous. My ears so plugged hurt really bad. JB was next to me though to comfort
    and we had a free seat in our threesome, thank goodness.

I don't remember in a lifetime of flying being so uncomfortable. Never again will I
    curse someone who is not well on one of my flights. It's the icing on the cake to be
    that one on a plane. I pray I got no one sick, this has been a terrible infection.

Yeah, being sick on a plane is no fun at all! About a year ago I got food poisoning and it literally hit as I was standing in line to board my flight to San Antonio (from Phoenix). The longest 2-2.5 hours of my life! My body was literally shutting down. Cold sweats, stomach felt like it had razors in it, thought I was going to throw up. Was AWFUL! Couldn't get off that plane faster!
    I do feel bad for people who have to fly while sick...that said, I despise people who fly with nasty colds, the flu or anything else that is highly infectious. It always seems like they are right next to me...coughing and sneezing all over the place. :x :lol:
    Oh so sorry that happened to you, horrible,
    I had a similar experience coming back from Cozumel...
    barely made it through customs...
    surprise surprise! :sick:
    You know people sometimes have to fly sick as with your experience so don't despise those
    in that terrible situation. I realize now what that feels like.

They should invent, unless they have, an antibacterial all over body spray that people can use
    when they are sick and must be in a public place. Close your eyes spray all over, head to toe,
    like a barrier to keep germs from getting to others. Comes with treated cloths to capture
    a sneeze or cough as well. Proactive and education to stop the spread by those who are sick.
    Now it is more trying to protect oneself from getting sick while those sick sneeze into their
    sleeve. I was so sick I felt I was radiating illness :cry:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    pandora wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    it was torturous. My ears so plugged hurt really bad. JB was next to me though to comfort

I don't remember in a lifetime of flying being so uncomfortable. Never again will I
    curse someone who is not well on one of my flights. It's the icing on the cake to be
    that one on a plane. I pray I got no one sick, this has been a terrible infection.

Yeah, being sick on a plane is no fun at all! About a year ago I got food poisoning and it literally hit as I was standing in line to board my flight to San Antonio (from Phoenix). The longest 2-2.5 hours of my life! My body was literally shutting down. Cold sweats, stomach felt like it had razors in it, thought I was going to throw up. Was AWFUL! Couldn't get off that plane faster!
    I do feel bad for people who have to fly while sick...that said, I despise people who fly with nasty colds, the flu or anything else that is highly infectious. It always seems like they are right next to me...coughing and sneezing all over the place. :x :lol:
    Oh so sorry that happened to you, horrible,
    I had a similar experience coming back from Cozumel...
    barely made it through customs...
    surprise surprise! :sick:
    You know people sometimes have to fly sick as with your experience so don't despise those
    in that terrible situation. I realize now what that feels like.

They should invent, unless they have, an antibacterial all over body spray that people can use
    when they are sick and must be in a public place. Close your eyes spray all over, head to toe,
    like a barrier to keep germs from getting to others. Comes with treated cloths to capture
    a sneeze or cough as well. Proactive and education to stop the spread by those who are sick.
    Now it is more trying to protect oneself from getting sick while those sick sneeze into their
    sleeve. I was so sick I felt I was radiating illness :cry:

Montezuma had his revenge!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    pandora wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

a sneeze or cough as well.

Or....

swine-flu-face-mask-9.21.jpg

;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    It looks like some airlines have moved on to other things....

http://theweek.com/article/index/243267 ... ng-service

Sir Richard wants you to buy that big guy a drink or maybe if your lucky he will buy you one ;)

http://kotaku.com/chinese-airline-dress ... -477708952
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

a sneeze or cough as well.

Or....

swine-flu-face-mask-9.21.jpg

;)
    You know I wore one but I'm talking walking sick ...
    I think you've seen people like that. I knew I spread germs even with a mask on.
    bionicamy wrote:
    It looks like some airlines have moved on to other things....

http://theweek.com/article/index/243267 ... ng-service

Sir Richard wants you to buy that big guy a drink or maybe if your lucky he will buy you one ;)

http://kotaku.com/chinese-airline-dress ... -477708952
    We were on a flight... experimental some years ago where the flight attendants did comedy :?
    it was very strange. Seeing those uniforms reminded me of that :lol:

It's strange to me they are still promoting so much drinking on planes then get pissed
    when someone is drunk and belligerent. Patience is not often a virtue of someone
    who has drank too much.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    RKCNDY wrote:
    When I go to to OZ, I'm flying First Class on Qantas:

Qantas-A380-first-class-uniform-420x0.jpg

18 hours from LA, there is no way I would be able to handle being squished for that long!

it doesn't take 18 hours to fly from LA to oz.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say