Airline "Fat Tax"...thoughts?

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    People who don't fit into one should definitely have to buy two.... isn't that already what's done?? They don't just give an extra seat to those who need it do they?
    It's extremely rare. I've only witnessed it once.
    When Kevin Smith vs Southwest happened, I think most people assumed it happened often...it doesn't. Fatties are constantly squeezing in and the airlines/flight attendants/gate staff don't seem to care or want to make an issue out of it.
    Probably because it wouldn't take long before someone filed a lawsuit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    People who don't fit into one should definitely have to buy two.... isn't that already what's done?? They don't just give an extra seat to those who need it do they?
    When Kevin Smith vs Southwest happened, I think most people assumed it happened often...it doesn't. Fatties are constantly squeezing in and the airlines/flight attendants/gate staff don't seem to care or want to make an issue out of it.
    There have already been a bunch of them. The fatties almost always lose. The airline drops the "safety concern" issue and boom...lawsuit over. The only time the fatasses have "won" is when an individual or individuals working for the airline make disparaging comments publicly. When that has happened, the fat guy to my knowledge never got a monetary reward
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    There have already been a bunch of them. The fatties almost always lose. The airline drops the "safety concern" issue and boom...lawsuit over. The only time the fatasses have "won" is when an individual or individuals working for the airline make disparaging comments publicly. When that has happened, the fat guy to my knowledge never got a monetary reward
    Fair enough. If you don't fit in a seat, you don't fit in a seat. They shouldn't be mad at anyone except themselves.
    (can't stand it when people use those terms though - "fatties" and "fatasses". Seems really mean. Just sayin.).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i'd like a comfortable seat vs' the crammed tiny things they refer to as a fucking seat.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i'd like a comfortable seat vs' the crammed tiny things they refer to as a fucking seat.
    They DO need bigger seats with more leg room ... not for overweight people alone. For everyone. I hate economy.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Fair enough. If you don't fit in a seat, you don't fit in a seat. They shouldn't be mad at anyone except themselves.
    (can't stand it when people use those terms though - "fatties" and "fatasses". Seems really mean. Just sayin.).
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
    Take "obese individuals" and place that in where I used the other names.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    They DO need bigger seats with more leg room ... not for overweight people alone. For everyone. I hate economy.
    Yah! for the price's they already charge.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    Yeah, it the absolute worst being in coach/economy in the middle seat! Ugh! Small seat, no leg room, people on both sides. If you got two larger individuals on both sides of you...there isn't enough air to blow on you to keep you cool and sane! Not only tight, uncomfortable and cramped....but hot as hell!
    edited March 2013
    buying 2 seats? do the arms fold down & one's ass physically rests dead center on both seats? no. buying 2 seats makes zero sense unless you can physically comfortably sit your ass into 2 seats that are actually one seat.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
    Take "obese individuals" and place that in where I used the other names.
    :wave:
    chadwick wrote:
    buying 2 seats? do the arms fold down & one's ass physically rests dead center on both seats? no. buying 2 seats makes zero sense unless you can physically comfortably sit your ass into 2 seat that is actually one seat.
    A lot of planes do have arm rests that lift up, so that is very often a possibility.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    chadwick wrote:
    buying 2 seats? do the arms fold down & one's ass physically rests dead center on both seats? no. buying 2 seats makes zero sense unless you can physically comfortably sit your ass into 2 seat that is actually one seat.
    What a fucking visual :lol::lol::lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    Yeah, it the absolute worst being in coach/economy in the middle seat! Ugh! Small seat, no leg room, people on both sides. If you got two larger individuals on both sides of you...there isn't enough air to blow on you to keep you cool and sane! Not only tight, uncomfortable and cramped....but hot as hell!
    Horrible! I'm only 5'10" and the leg room is awful - I can't imagine how it must be for people who are actually really tall! And then in the heat, with those fucking air jet things blowing these tiny steams of harsh air in your face. Ugh.... I really need to get rich so I can fly business. Good thing the lotto draw is tonight. :D
    i would like to smash all skinny ass people in the face with an axe handle but i am nice & rerspectful so i just kick them in the ribs or & the shins with steel toe boots.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    buying 2 seats? do the arms fold down & one's ass physically rests dead center on both seats? no. buying 2 seats makes zero sense unless you can physically comfortably sit your ass into 2 seats that are actually one seat.
    The only arms that don't go up are on the aisle and first row and exit rows on some planes. I'm sure the airlines could make some sort of fat pad they could put down in the middle of those two seats to make it more comfortable.
    edited March 2013
    mca47 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    The only arms that don't go up are on the aisle and first row and exit rows on some planes. I'm sure the airlines could make some sort of fat pad they could put down in the middle of those two seats to make it more comfortable.
    build a fucking plane with decent spacing & seating on the fucker so everyone can fly nicely or just keep building economy bullshit with no god damn room in the fucker so the airline can cram us in like cattle or sardines & they can keep raping us with jacked costs & hidden fees or bag fees
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Or maybe they can rig up something in the cargo hold for them! :?

:lol::lol:

My biggest fn gripe when it comes to large folk is how they are often given priority. So many times I see a large guy being wheeled to the gate because he's too fat to walk, then he boards first with the actual handicapped and elderly. I call bullshit on that! :x
    chadwick wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    build a fucking plane with decent spacing & seating on the fucker so everyone can fly nicely or just keep building economy bullshit with no god damn room in the fucker so the airline can cram us in like cattle or sardines
    I get it man. That would be awesome...but most airlines can barely pull a profit as it is these days (except Southwest). It's probably only going to get worse.
    mca47 wrote:

My biggest fn gripe when it comes to large folk is how they are often given priority. So many times I see a large guy being wheeled to the gate because he's too fat to walk, then he boards first with the actual handicapped and elderly. I call bullshit on that! :x
    the fucker might be sick or dying or something & he or she might be a fat ass.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

or it could be speedy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    perhaps MCA should find a job that does not involve flying
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Sure, that can happen and they can't walk...but it seems like every flight I'm on there are at least 3-4 larger folks who take advantage of this "perk". Hell, I would if I could...just not worth getting fat over! :lol:
    81 wrote:
    :lol:
    I'd just find something else to bitch about! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    build a fucking plane with decent spacing & seating on the fucker so everyone can fly nicely or just keep building economy bullshit with no god damn room in the fucker so the airline can cram us in like cattle or sardines
    I get it man. That would be awesome...but most airlines can barely pull a profit as it is these days (except Southwest). It's probably only going to get worse.
    I have actually heard talk out of Asia about making planes with straddle seating. As in having long rows of benches that everyone straddles so you're back to crotch between the legs of another, like you do when you go skydiving. :? If that ever becomes a thing, I will stop flying.
    I just can't wait for teleportation! :D
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I have actually heard talk out of Asia about making planes with straddle seating. As in having long rows of benches that everyone straddles so you're back to crotch between the legs of another, like you do when you go skydiving. :? If that ever becomes a thing, I will stop flying.

Fuck that :lol:

If I wanted to fly like that, I'd join the Army Airborne :fp:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Get your pilots license

fly the plane :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    I just can't wait for teleportation! :D
    They are actually working on it. They managed to teleport a few single cells a couple of centimeters! It seems that it is actually a scientifically possible thing. So here's hoping for reincarnation so that I can be alive to see it someday. :P
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Get your pilots license

fly the plane :lol:
    I'd love to learn to fly!!
    I just actually want my own damn plane so i don't have to deal with people!
    :D
    mca47 wrote:
    Sure, that can happen and they can't walk...but it seems like every flight I'm on there are at least 3-4 larger folks who take advantage of this "perk". Hell, I would if I could...just not worth getting fat over! :lol:
    tell 'em your back is shot & you cannot walk more than 13 steps at a time nor carry more than 6 pounds.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce