Airline "Fat Tax"...thoughts?

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://travel.cnn.com/airline-fat-tax-s ... ore-619046

I agree 100%!
The only thing worse than a screaming baby while flying is sitting next to a giant fatass!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I respectfully agree.. I think its only fair to pay the same...

me + 2 full bags weighs less than the guy sitting next to me from Baltimore to Detroit last year.. fair is fair..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Yup!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Yup!
    You're not going to argue and carry on? This may be the second thing we agree on! :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Yup!
    You're not going to argue and carry on? This may be the second thing we agree on! :lol:
    The world must be coming to an end!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Never happen.....woman would revolt
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    81 wrote:
    Never happen.....woman would revolt

Most woman will fly for way less $ than men.

I've been suggesting pay for weight for years :ugeek: ......... And I fly for free :shh:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Sure. Why not? But why are they calling it a "tax"? It's just a fee or a way of determining a fare, correct?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    How does 81's ego fit into these weight calculations?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    Negative.
    What about a 6'3" guy that weighs 240 and is physically fit?
    Do you really want airline staff making subjective decisions about your plane fare?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    :lol:

It seems fair but only if actual weigh ins are done not the on honor
    one out of five get busted.
    It will make for much longer wait times and lines but what the hell...
    hey wait they could have a slim gate you got to fit through instead... like the little
    carry on thingy to measure your bag that would sped things up.

Then they can have fat flights ... with good seats like first class and special treats
    for those who want luxury and privacy factor and don't care if they pay more....
    like business.

it would be in the over sized section with mamasan's luggage. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited March 2013
    81 wrote:

I hope you are suggesting that she over packs, and not that her clothes are big.
    Post edited by Dissidentman on
    81 wrote:

I hope you are suggesting that she over packs, and not her her clothes are big.

:fp:

over packs is an understatement. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    overpack underwear

just thought that sounded funny.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    mca47 wrote:
    http://travel.cnn.com/airline-fat-tax-should-heavy-passengers-pay-more-619046

I agree 100%!
    The only thing worse than a screaming baby while flying is sitting next to a giant fatass!

I agree on the extra charge, but are the airlines going to enlarge the seats as well ? or does the extra weight person get 2 seats instead of the 1 seat ??

I've alawys been lucky and sat next to a thin person which makes traveling much more comfortable. I feel squished already whenever I fly. Must be my nerves. :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Get_Right wrote:
    Negative.
    Do you really want airline staff making subjective decisions about your plane fare?
    Body Mass Index. In your example, that dude is a 30...which is perfectly fine.
    Would take two second for them to find this out.
    mikalina wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    http://travel.cnn.com/airline-fat-tax-should-heavy-passengers-pay-more-619046

I agree 100%!

I agree on the extra charge, but are the airlines going to enlarge the seats as well ? or does the extra weight person get 2 seats instead of the 1 seat ??

I've alawys been lucky and sat next to a thin person which makes traveling much more comfortable. I feel squished already whenever I fly. Must be my nerves. :)
    I travel weekly for work and I'm constantly next to the 320 lb guy who encroaches into my space. Not trying to be a fat-ist here, but flying with large people is NOT fun! If not the fat tax, they should certainly have to buy two seats.
    so when you buy your ticket, you enter a weight......then get to the airport....for the official wiegh in. if your estimate is off, you have to pay the difference at current market rate as well as a $100 "change" fee

hey...can you carry this for me....i'm 10lbs over

why are you working out so hard?
    i'm going on vacation
    oh...trying to look good for the beach, huh
    no, trying to make weight

:fp: :fp: :fp:

i see this going over like a lead balloon
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Negative.
    Body Mass Index. In your example, that dude is a 30...which is perfectly fine.
    Would take two second for them to find this out.
    why not just go with the exact weight of you and your bags? we charge x per pound to fly.. less weight, less fuel used, lower cost.. if you are 240 pounds, it doesnt matter if you are 5'4 or 6'4 you still are responsible for x amount of fuel used.. seems logical..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    why not just go with the exact weight of you and your bags? we charge x per pound to fly.. less weight, less fuel used, lower cost.. if you are 240 pounds, it doesnt matter if you are 5'4 or 6'4 you still are responsible for x amount of fuel used.. seems logical..

and make the scale results disply in 4ft red numbers so all can see
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

We could bet on airfares :lol:

"look at that guy.. him? to Miami? $930 easy!!"
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

We could bet on airfares :lol:

"look at that guy.. him? to Miami? $930 easy!!"

Maybe heavy peeps could buy "carbon credits". ;)
    81 wrote:
    so when you buy your ticket, you enter a weight......then get to the airport....for the official wiegh in. if your estimate is off, you have to pay the difference at current market rate as well as a $100 "change" fee

Yeah, when you buy your ticket now, you can pre-pay the bag fee. You can do the same with height and weight.
    You get to the airport, you check your bag on a scale...if you're over 50 lbs you have to pay more. Simply have that person step on a scale and if they are over, they pay just like they did their bag.
    And if the fatties aren't happy about it...guess what? Drive! :lol:

is that some kind of new snack? are they tasty?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

is that some kind of new snack? are they tasty?

banana-001.jpg
    dirty...
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    his would be a nightmare for the airport janitor... with all the riders trying to shit out their last few pounds and all before they board... :think: Plus, I'd just design some helium filled underwear. Ooh, thats sounds fun.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    his would be a nightmare for the airport janitor... with all the riders trying to shit out their last few pounds and all before they board... :think: Plus, I'd just design some helium filled underwear. Ooh, thats sounds fun.

Would your farts come out all squeaky?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

Would your farts come out all squeaky?

:lol:
    Yeah... Possibly another benefit of the helium underpants.. An anal adapter designed to alter the bass/treble frequencies. Yes, they could be squeaky, depending on how you set the dial. I think we have something here.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Get_Right wrote:
    Negative.

As a business I think they have that right