Airline "Fat Tax"...thoughts?

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    purrell is over rated. soap and water is the way to go if you want to cleanse yourself
    Purell contributes to the increase in antibiotic resistant bacteria, which might end up killing us all in the long run. Do not use it people. :nono: Normal soap works fine.

My mother loves that shit... "put some on before the food gets here!!!" etc

Bwawwww

hank+hill+bwah.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    purrell is over rated. soap and water is the way to go if you want to cleanse yourself

:nono:

most federal prisons are out in the middle of nowhere, that particular one was like 5 miles from the nearest gas station...anywho, they say if you must take a shower at a public gym and don't have sandals to wear in the shower, wearing socks will protect you enough from any fungal infections.

perhaps you shouldn't be visiting prisons. just a thought.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm with 81. As long as they don't stink, I don't see why it matters to anyone.

But the thing is 99% of the time, the people who DO take their shoes off are the ones that shouldn't. "Oh god, my feet are so hot and sweaty...I should probably relieve this by taking my shoes off on a fucking plane for everyone to smell". "Fuck everyone else, it's all about my hot, sweaty feet."
    Now, I could understand it a little better if you are flying internationally. IF you have 18 hour flight....while still not cool, I kinda get it. Relieving yourself on a 1.5 hour flight is just being an asshole.

have you considered changing professions

:lol:
    The thing is, even if I did change professions, there would still be things that piss me off. I just don't get...or even really like people. :lol: For someone who has to know the reason for everything, I constantly wrap my head around things that people do and am amazed at how people live life. Believe it or not, I actually do like airports and flying...because I love the chaos and the people watching. I just don't like to be personally involved in what they do...like when I have to smell someone's feet, someone touches me, people getting in my way...that kind of thing. :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

:nono:

most federal prisons are out in the middle of nowhere, that particular one was like 5 miles from the nearest gas station...anywho, they say if you must take a shower at a public gym and don't have sandals to wear in the shower, wearing socks will protect you enough from any fungal infections.

Wait... why were you at a federal prison?
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Purell contributes to the increase in antibiotic resistant bacteria, which might end up killing us all in the long run. Do not use it people. :nono: Normal soap works fine.

My mother loves that shit... "put some on before the food gets here!!!" etc

Bwawwww

hank+hill+bwah.jpg

the woman uses that shit all the time. drives me nuts. and guess what...she is always catching colds :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

the woman uses that shit all the time. drives me nuts. and guess what...she is always catching colds :lol:

My mom just needs to learn to calm the fuck down.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I take mine off. I just don't like the feel of something on my feet - very constricting. But my feet are nice and clean. I can't believe that anyone with a foot odour problem would want other people knowing that their feet stink, and would keep their shoes on no matter what. No??

I don't like wearing shoes either. Outside of work, I'm barefoot or wearing flip flops. That said, despite my not liking shoes...doesn't mean I'm going to lose my mind if I don't take them off where and when I want...like on a plane. I can hold off until I get home for that little bit of self gratification.
    My feet have never smelled a day in my life, and if they DID...there is NO WAY i'd take my shoes off anywhere in public.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

:fp:

a good family friend was incarcerated, his mommy asked us to visit, and the warden said it would be really good for him to have his friends visit...it was really hard on him in the beginning.

Don't do meth kids! :nono:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

:fp:

a good family friend was incarcerated, his mommy asked us to visit, and the warden said it would be really good for him to have his friends visit...it was really hard on him in the beginning.

Don't do meth kids! :nono:

:(

hopefully you lifted his spirits. you're a good friend.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I take mine off. I just don't like the feel of something on my feet - very constricting. But my feet are nice and clean. I can't believe that anyone with a foot odour problem would want other people knowing that their feet stink, and would keep their shoes on no matter what. No??

My feet have never smelled a day in my life, and if they DID...there is NO WAY i'd take my shoes off anywhere in public.
    God no. How embarrassing!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I don't like wearing shoes either. Outside of work, I'm barefoot or wearing flip flops. That said, despite my not liking shoes...doesn't mean I'm going to lose my mind if I don't take them off where and when I want...like on a plane. I can hold off until I get home for that little bit of self gratification.

Bahaha

Okay
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Tax the fat, tax the smelly, just please don't tax the drunks! Can't fly without liquor, anxiety, blah blah blah.

I'm sorry to everyone that had to sit next to me on a plane and I hugged you and talked your ear off. But i'm not fat and I didn't take my shoes off.
    jbarbian wrote:
    Tax the fat, tax the smelly, just please don't tax the drunks! Can't fly without liquor, anxiety, blah blah blah.

I'm sorry to everyone that had to sit next to me on a plane and I hugged you and talked your ear off. But i'm not fat and I didn't take my shoes off.

Too late
    jbarbian wrote:

Too late
    I was going to say.... :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    jbarbian wrote:

Too late
    Well they haven't taxed me in the air, although they charge an arm n leg. First class is worth it just for the free drinks!!!
    jbarbian wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Too late
    Well they haven't taxed me in the air, although they charge an arm n leg. First class is worth it just for the free drinks!!!
    All the taxes is what helps make it so expensive. ;)
    Free drinks are always worth it!
    I've never been on an all-inclusive trip.... could get messy. :think:
    jbarbian wrote:

Not directly, but the airline is obviously taxed. :lol:

They are more than happy to pass that along to you :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

When you're paying roughly double for first class?

Meh

It's a nice touch, I guess.

I need to do an all inclusive in mexico. :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Meh

Me too.... but I don't want to be robbed, kidnapped or murdered. Pretty sketchy there these days, even for the tourist. In Playa Del Carmen I'm told by my friend who was there that they have "tourist cops" on every corner, armed with AK47s (or whatever), just keeping an eye on all the tourists to try and make sure they don't get shot, robbed, kidnapped for ransom. :? Oh, and to help them with directions. :)
    jbarbian wrote:

Ya ya, whenever you fly, go to the counter and tell them a sob story (my dad always syas he has prostate issues, which he doesn't, me I just ask worst they can say is no) ask for an upgrade. Chicago to NY first class free. NY to Brussels first class extra $50. AND the drinks were then free :D
    jbarbian wrote:
    jbarbian wrote:

Ya ya, whenever you fly, go to the counter and tell them a sob story (my dad always syas he has prostate issues, which he doesn't, me I just ask worst they can say is no) ask for an upgrade. Chicago to NY first class free. NY to Brussels first class extra $50. AND the drinks were then free :D

Fuck no :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Meh

Me too.... but I don't want to be robbed, kidnapped or murdered. Pretty sketchy there these days, even for the tourist. In Playa Del Carmen I'm told by my friend who was there that they have "tourist cops" on every corner, armed with AK47s (or whatever), just keeping an eye on all the tourists to try and make sure they don't get shot, robbed, kidnapped for ransom. :? Oh, and to help them with directions. :)

In Cozumel there were armed police with pit bulls when we got off the cruise ship :shock: :o:lol:
    jbarbian wrote:
    jbarbian wrote:

When I go to to OZ, I'm flying First Class on Qantas:

Qantas-A380-first-class-uniform-420x0.jpg

18 hours from LA, there is no way I would be able to handle being squished for that long!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Meh

Did all inclusive in Negril. My dad is a runner and did his first morning run off property and some some big Jamaican came out of the brush with a machete over his shoulder and asked him if he wanted some weed :shock:

All inclusive is worth it IMO if you are a big drinker or eater, worth every penny!
    RKCNDY wrote:

18 hours from LA, there is no way I would be able to handle being squished for that long!

wait...what....when you going
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

idealy when PJ is playing a show. I know some Aussies that I might be able to stay with! (in reality, it probably won't happen for a few years-I'd love to get a group of us crazy PJ people to go on a trip there)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

idealy when PJ is playing a show. I know some Aussies that I might be able to stay with! (in reality, it probably won't happen for a few years-I'd love to get a group of us crazy PJ people to go on a trip there)

See you there

I may or may not make it, depends on non-rev :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i'm going and staying with ziggy :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

18 hours from LA, there is no way I would be able to handle being squished for that long![/quote]

I flew Qantas to Auckland in economy. The seats are fucking thrones compared to short domestic flights within the US (examples include NY-CLE, NY-ATL). The issue I had, was I had to be the jerk that had to keep getting up and taking a walk around the plane. Luckily its a big plane. That little plane cubicle looks nice but it must be an extra grand or two, no?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    duska3419 wrote:

I flew Qantas to Auckland in economy. The seats are fucking thrones compared to short domestic flights within the US (examples include NY-CLE, NY-ATL). The issue I had, was I had to be the jerk that had to keep getting up and taking a walk around the plane. Luckily its a big plane. That little plane cubicle looks nice but it must be an extra grand or two, no?[/quote]

I just checked the price from Seattle...$4049 RT.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::|:sick:
    Economy is $984 I have to switch planes in LAX

*sigh* why can't I just win the lottery?!?!? (and if I ever get to fly first class to OZ I will be damn sure to take my shoes AND socks off!-they will probably give me some nice slippers with kangaroos on them anyway)

- Christopher McCandless