Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Me and Mrs Dunk are in London for a few days and i have arranged to meet some of the fine folks we previously met at Astoria and Dublin for a few drinkies on Thursday 22nd Feb!!!!

not knowing London too well i'll leave venues, etc up to Byrnzie/Chime/Scratchin/Keithos.. etc!!

but the more of us the merrier :cool:

so who's coming? it'll be a nice pre-Wembley warmer-upperer :)

6pm at the Bunker Bar

Me & Mrs Dunk (aka Jill :) )
Chime (Pippa)
Byrnzie
Scratchin_A_Letter (aka Robin) i canny keep typing that big a name!!
Keithos
Vedder Soup
Redrock (Rita)
VV (i did a bad grammar thingy... robin noticed it due to him being a geek)
Pegasus (sandra)
Claudio
Kevin (attacka)
jrd
TheSeeker74
Given To Fly (aka Heather)
Harmless Little F*** (aka Mark) + Nazreen
Csaroldi
notnowjohn
Conguita
Finsy :eek:
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Wish I could make it but I'll still be at University! :p

But have fun DunK! :D
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    i could be persuaded to attend, depending on location.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    JustDunK wrote:
    Wish I could make it but I'll still be at University! :p

But have fun DunK! :D

cheers DunK! :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    i could be persuaded to attend, depending on location.

it'll be central.. the others will be working and i think we'll meet up for a bite to eat/drinks around the time these guys finish work... but we can always arrange to meet up with others as and when they can make it!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Gloria Gaynor - I'll be there

Now if you feel that you cant go on
    Because all your hope is gone
    And your life is filled with confusion
    And happiness is just an illusion
    And your world around is tumblin down
    Darling, reach out
    Reach out, for me.

Ill be there to love and comfort you...(tell me baby)
    Ill be there with the love Ill see you through

Now when youre lost and about to give up
    cause your best just aint good enough
    And you feel the world has grown cold
    And youre driftin on your own
    When you need a hand to hold
    Darling, reach out
    Reach out, for me.

Ill be there to love and comfort you

Ill be there to with the love Ill see you through

I can tell you the way I hang your head
    Now with out of love , now youre afraid
    And through your tears you look around
    But theres no peace of mind to be found

I know what youre thinking
    Witout love, now youre alone
    Baby, reach out
    Reach out for me

Tell me baby
    Ill be there to always see you through
    Ill be there

Ill be there with the love Ill see you through.

:eek:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Gloria Gaynor - I'll be there
    :eek:

dont be freaking folk out with Gloria Gaynor songs Byrnzie... save them for the karaoke later that night :)

first i was afraid i was petrified :eek:
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Somewhere in t'other thread Keith said that 22 Feb 'sounds good' or something similar :cool:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Half term but I'll see what I can do.... Would love to come! :D
  • Options
    I'll be there ;)
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Half term but I'll see what I can do.... Would love to come! :D

well just come then ;)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    central good for me, and finish work in kensington at 6pm
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    central good for me, and finish work in kensington at 6pm

right i'll add you in :)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    can I come? :o
    can't make the Dublin met but central London is close enough ;)
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I might be there Dunk see DUblin thread ! hahahahahahahaha
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    can I come? :o
    can't make the Dublin met but central London is close enough ;)

maise redoute!!!

i'll translate for you

Of course!!!

I'll add you in then

Pip, Robin or Byrnzie (or anyone for that matter!!!)... any ideas on where we should meet? we could do a 6pm start and maybe get some place that does food and booze... thoughts?
  • Options
    Moi aussi..... :D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    maise redoute!!!

i'll translate for you

Of course!!!

I'll add you in then

Pip, Robin or Byrnzie (or anyone for that matter!!!)... any ideas on where we should meet? we could do a 6pm start and maybe get some place that does food and booze... thoughts?

Errm. Well, we could meet at the Royal George just to maintain tradition. Or we could meet in that big place in Covent Garden - the Porterhouse - http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/36/366/Porterhouse/Covent_Garden - which does food, and is easy to get to? :confused:
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    hey, i think i could be persuaded out for the evening if a medicinal beer or two is involved...
    anywhere central's good for me, i work up at UCL near Euston, so Covent Garden's OK, though possibly the place with the most expensive pubs in London!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Errm. Well, we could meet at the Royal George just to maintain tradition. Or we could meet in that big place in Covent Garden - the Porterhouse - http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/36/366/Porterhouse/Covent_Garden - which does food, and is easy to get to? :confused:

oooOOOooo Porterhouse... is it really busy on Thursday's too? Was packed when we went last time (you didn't make it, did you??). Couldn't get anywhere near the food.... Any better week days then?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    oooOOOooo Porterhouse... is it really busy on Thursday's too? Was packed when we went last time (you didn't make it, did you??). Couldn't get anywhere near the food.... Any better week days then?

I'm not sure of anywhere that's gonna be quiet in the West end. As long as a few of us get there early enough then they can grab a big table. But i'm open to any alternative suggestions. To be honest, i'm not a big fan of the West end.
    Maybe we could meet at Waxie O'conners?
  • Options
    I've just booked the Friday off work! :)
  • Options
    Just in case????? Smart move....
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm not sure of anywhere that's gonna be quiet in the West end. As long as a few of us get there early enough then they can grab a big table. But i'm open to any alternative suggestions. To be honest, i'm not a big fan of the West end.
    Maybe we could meet at Waxie O'conners?

The only problem with Waxy's is actually finding the people you are meant to be meeting up with :o that place is a maze.

Another option could be where I took red, VV and swede for food when we couldn't get in The Porterhouse as they have large square tables you can get 15 or so people around so if a couple of people got there early they could try and grab one of them http://www.bunkerbar.com/index2.htm. Only problem is it is in a basement so can't guarantee phones working (mine did).
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Me and Mrs Dunk are in London for a few days and i have arranged to meet some of the fine folks we previously met at Astoria and Dublin for a few drinkies on Thursday 22nd Feb!!!!

not knowing London too well i'll leave venues, etc up to Byrnzie/Chime/Scratchin/Keithos.. etc!!

but the more of us the merrier :cool:

so who's coming? it'll be a nice pre-Wembley warmer-upperer :)

Me & Mrs Dunk (aka Jill :) )
    Chime
    Byrnzie
    Scratchin_A_Letter (aka Robin) i canny keep typing that big a name!!
    Keithos
    Vedder Soup
    Redrock
    VV (hopeful.. but working on it!)
    Pegasus
    i'm in too......
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    The problem with Waxy's is actually finding the people you are meant to be meeting up with :o that place is a maze.

Another option could be where I took red, VV and swede for food when we couldn't get in The Porterhouse as they have large square tables you can get 15 or so people around so if a couple of people got there early they could try and grab one of them http://www.bunkerbar.com/index2.htm. Only problem is it is in a basement so can't guarantee phones working (mine did).

Could do. It's easy enough to find aswell this one.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Chime wrote:
    The only problem with Waxy's is actually finding the people you are meant to be meeting up with :o that place is a maze.

Go to the blog page and look at the piccies - you've got 2 and a bit weeks to memorise faces!

Or we could have special t-shirts made up...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Porterhouse isn't too bad during the week. Food is ridiculously overpriced though. Although we could go there afterwards?

Byrnzie: I like your way of thinking! :D
  • Options
    i'm in too......

cool!! i'll add you and jrd to the list!

next week or so we'll swap some numbers and stuff so we can direct/arrange things with each other.

:cool:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've just booked the Friday off work! :)

thats the spirit :D:D
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    the Montagu Pike (previously Moon Under Water), on Charing Cross Rd is the one me and friends generally end up in.
    It's a Lloyd's Bar (aka Wetherspoon), so cheap (for London) boose and food... Also know a fairly good Indian down the road if we'd rather go to a proper restaurant for food.

closing at 11pm though...and they're starting chucking you out at 10:30 :rolleyes: