Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Jills aghast that people on here dont believe me!! :D

I never saw any reason to not believe you. I mean, I once saw Bepe from Eastenders in Pizza Hut, and Mylene Klass in Benihana! :D Cool celebrities are everywhere :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I never saw any reason to not believe you. I mean, I once saw Bepe from Eastenders in Pizza Hut, and Mylene Klass in Benihana! :D Cool celebrities are everywhere :D

I once had a burger sitting next to Graham Norton in a diner in Soho.
    There's so many ways that can be interpreted incorrectly... :o
    Good job I didn't say it could be taken the wrong way ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    dunkman wrote:
    all i said was...

as we were walking to the Bunker Bar from Cambridge Circus and with our Lonely Planet London Guide in hand i said to Jill, "the Ivy is close by... lets hang out there for 15 mins and "star spot"... "

i actually told Pippa this during our stint in the Bunker... i said it was cool as we come from small town Scotland that to actually see famous folk was 'different' for us... Pip was saying she's seen quite a few folks

Jills aghast that people on here dont believe me!! :D:D
    never said I didn't believe you. of course I do..just that when you said : I saw Rhys Ifan..I thought, of course he's playing right next door, then I checked and it's actually over, so strange coincidence that on your way to the place right next to it, you saw him.
    is all.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Cool celebrities are everywhere :D

Just hang around Richmond... loads there... Even bumped into Ron Wood at an opticians in Richmond... :D
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    redrock wrote:
    Just hang around Richmond... loads there... Even bumped into Ron Wood at an opticians in Richmond... :D
    who's Ron Wood?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Ronnie Wood... Rolling Stones..... Actually seen quite a bit of the Stones in Richmond...
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pegasus wrote:
    never said I didn't believe you. of course I do..just that when you said : I saw Rhys Ifan..I thought, of course he's playing right next door, then I checked and it's actually over, so strange coincidence that on your way to the place right next to it, you saw him.
    is all.

ahhh ok! :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dunkman wrote:
    a guy sat next to Jill in that Bunker Bar and proceeded to chat her up... he was the only thing i didnt like about the night... but he called me a "horrible person" which made me feel pretty good :):)

I vaguely remember that. Didn't i hint to him that he should piss off, if memory serves??
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I vaguely remember that. Didn't i hint to him that he should piss off, if memory serves??

you did in the end up as he wasnt really listening to me... you're, ehhh, a lot bigger than I and i think this was when he took heed :)

dude... do you have Paypal or something and i'll send you some money to post those things up to me!! I'm so glad you picked them up for me... Jill said that i even tried to leave the Hospital withoot my jacket!!!

its normally you who forgets your stuff isnt it... and yet somehow inbetween you getting hammered and buying pesto and crunchy nut cornflakes, you remembered to pick up a poly bag :cool: so cheers amigo!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    i recall keith snogging byrnzie in the bunker ! :eek:

Sounds like I was quite in demand amongst the fella's Thursday night! :eek:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    dude... do you have Paypal or something and i'll send you some money to post those things up to me!! I'm so glad you picked them up for me... Jill said that i even tried to leave the Hospital withoot my jacket!!!

O.k then, just make it a few quid. I've got Paypal but am not sure how you can add money to it. My log-in to it is my e-mail address - sfbyrne300@hotmail.com
  • Options

I once saw Lulu in Marks & Sparks near Bond St.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm surprised you could understand me right at the start!!!

well we had a brilliant time folks... Like Byrnzie before me i cant actually remember much about anything after the Bunker Bar :o as in i remember snippets, but i cant remember going home or anything :)

we got up next day at 7.15am!!!!!!!!!!!!! we were both still drunk, i made myself sick, then we got to the train station where i happened upon a luxurious looking Russell Brand :eek:

being somewhat still pissed i just went up and spoke to him... and Jill fancies him but she was too hungover to actually get off her arse to see him.. so i just went up and had a nice chat... made fun of Joss Stone, i said he was taller than a giraffe on stilts and generally apologised for being still drunk and reeking of Vermouth! but he was so friendly.. i was a fan anyway, but i appreciate how he actually asked me why i was in london, where was I last night, etc etc

well i must have made an tiny impression as he was on some TV show later that night talking about the drunk scottish guy he met at the station this morning :cool:

Eventually got home, i sobered up quite quickly and Jill puked 3 times on the way home :):) makes a change as its usually me who does that!! we got home SAFELY, but weirdly and ominously enough, just outside Kendal somewhere our train took a nasty jolt and Jill said " I wonder what it would take to derail a train"

this has freaked us both out..... as obviously later that evening the news was displaying the train crash and that would have been our other train option but we felt Jills mum had had the kids 2 nights already and maybe it was best we got home earlier!!!

so thankfully home ok, but i thought it was magnificent to see everyone at the Bunker/Hospital!!!

Rita and VV were stars as usual... these girls can hold their booze :eek: although i was shocked to see VV drinking tea when i went in!!!

Mark seemed to be able to hold his booze... i think he enjoyed my kiss on the cheek though... well who wouldnt :rolleyes: and as for your missus Mark... nice one!!! ;):o

Pip was awesome as the more drunk i got then it became apparent only she and Jill could understand me... i veered into Scots lowland dialect... think Oor Wullie after a stroke :)

Keithos and Byrnzie... legends!!! Keith, many many thanks for taking us to your club.. and how weird was it when we met that guy from literally 8 miles from our home!!! uncanny!! and Byrnzie... picked up my t-shirt and book as a good fellow does and also texted me to tell me about the cereal and pesto... i love shit like that :D

Rob.. twas a pleasure at last to meet thee!! language barriers aside i think we got on pretty well :)

jrd, vedder_soup (never met a guy who smiled more than you dude.. vibrating lips?) Peg (we never really spoke!!!! again!!!!) Barbs (always a pleasure!) and so on and so forth!!! brilliant!!

in fact everyone got on well.. .... you're all great folks and it makes me look forward to June even more!!
    :rolleyes: Is this your oscar speech? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sounds like I was quite in demand amongst the fella's Thursday night! :eek:
    :D I'm sorry I missed that... well you ARE irresistable :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Is this your oscar speech? :p

nah.. if i won an Oscar i would have thanked you as well wouldnt I ;)
  • Options
    :D I'm sorry I missed that... well you ARE irresistable :p

Aww shucks! :o :rolleyes:

Edit: I've never said Aww shucks before, and I doubt I ever will again. Make the most of it! :cool:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Ronnie Wood... Rolling Stones..... Actually seen quite a bit of the Stones in Richmond...

Jagger has (or is it had?) a little pad with a nice river view up on Richmond Hill I believe... don't know about the rest of them...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i saw charles dance in Boots once !
    and i worked back stage bar at Hammersmith apollo saw some ppl but know one i was gushy over ! van morrison who was an arsehole, bob goldoff sp? he was cool brain may hahahahaha heres one for dunk , roddy frame ! paul king ? lol ummm a load of comediens which was cool rick male was lovely so was bob mortemer
    at glastonbury saw tom york :) and sarah cox :( with zoe ball. keep hoping someone nice will come for a massage , i know they probably have em back stage but the healing field is tonssss nicer to be in , oh did do jools holands wife and 2 sons :o
    ok i'll shut up now get back to work.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    i saw charles dance in Boots once !
    :eek:
  • Options
    So is it true that I was chatting to Jimmy Page's daughter on Thursday in Keith's place? I can't really remember.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So is it true that I was chatting to Jimmy Page's daughter on Thursday in Keith's place? I can't really remember.

Elaine Page?

ahhhh....memories
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Aww shucks! :o :rolleyes:

Edit: I've never said Aww shucks before, and I doubt I ever will again. Make the most of it! :cool:
    :o Will do! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    dunkman wrote:
    Elaine Page?

ahhhh....memories

you really did get intouch with your gay side !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I once saw Lulu in Marks & Sparks near Bond St.

I could've SWORN me and my brother saw Skin from Skunk Anansie getting on our plane last year. I mean, she's not hard to pick out. She was wearing a beanie hat and carrying a black guitar case.

Only thing that doesn't compute is the fact that we're talking Easyjet. One would think that if it'd been her, she might've chosen something slightly more swanky.

Or maybe not, what with her recent solo output. I'll never know.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I could've SWORN me and my brother saw Skin from Skunk Anansie getting on our plane last year. I mean, she's not hard to pick out. She was wearing a beanie hat and carrying a black guitar case.

I saw Mike Atherton in a pub in Camden, when he was still England captain and it was the day before the England team flew out to Oz for another ritual battering...

...and I had that bloke from the Fast Show ("Next week, Bats - Are They Really Blind Or Are They Just Taking The Piss?") waiting behind me in the cashpoint queue a couple of years ago.

fascinating, eh ? nope, thought not...
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    I saw Mike Atherton in a pub in Camden, when he was still England captain and it was the day before the England team flew out to Oz for another ritual battering...

...and I had that bloke from the Fast Show ("Next week, Bats - Are They Really Blind Or Are They Just Taking The Piss?") waiting behind me in the cashpoint queue a couple of years ago.

fascinating, eh ? nope, thought not...

I used to see Paul Whitehouse so often when I walked home from work in Islington a few years ago that we would give each other a nod of recognition. I was probably about the only person he'd see then who didn't come out with the line "Suits you Sir!"
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Just hang around Richmond... loads there... Even bumped into Ron Wood at an opticians in Richmond...
    Pegasus wrote:
    who's Ron Wood?

...funny that... i read red's post and my first thought was 'what, the guy from Wizzard?'...

anyway, i also saw Bill Wyman having a meal in The Park pub in Teddington.

meanwhile, this week i have mostly been eating taramousalata...