Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chime wrote:
    The only problem with Waxy's is actually finding the people you are meant to be meeting up with :o that place is a maze.

Another option could be where I took red, VV and swede for food when we couldn't get in The Porterhouse as they have large square tables you can get 15 or so people around so if a couple of people got there early they could try and grab one of them http://www.bunkerbar.com/index2.htm. Only problem is it is in a basement so can't guarantee phones working (mine did).

i like the look of the bunkerbar Chime... and the food is pretty well priced :)

someone make the decision and i'll put it on the first page :o (not passing the buck but i just dont have an idea?!??! we can always move onto another pub if the first one is shit :)

also, times?

will i just put from 6pm onwards or is that too early for you? i was just thinking it would be a good time for those who are at work and dont have to go home and get dressed and crap
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I'd love to go Dunk, but I'm completely broke unfortunately. In Lyon at the moment and it has been an expensive weekend of depraved and tawdry activities :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Pegasus wrote:
    the Montagu Pike (previously Moon Under Water), on Charing Cross Rd is the one me and friends generally end up in.
    It's a Lloyd's Bar (aka Wetherspoon), so cheap (for London) boose and food... Also know a fairly good Indian down the road if we'd rather go to a proper restaurant for food.

closing at 11pm though...and they're starting chucking you out at 10:30 :rolleyes:

Used to be The Marquee. I remember seeing the bands Eat, Silverfish, and Christian Death in there. Ahh, the memories! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dunkman wrote:

someone make the decision and i'll put it on the first page :o (not passing the buck but i just dont have an idea?!??! we can always move onto another pub if the first one is shit :)

also, times?

will i just put from 6pm onwards or is that too early for you? i was just thinking it would be a good time for those who are at work and dont have to go home and get dressed and crap

Bunker bar sounds good! Let's do it! :cool: 6pm is perfect for me.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Bunker bar sounds good! Let's do it! :cool: 6pm is perfect for me.

consider it done!!!

i've put this info on the first page folks!! :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    i should be able to make it :)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    i should be able to make it :)

sweet!!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:

6pm onwards is fine, have to go straight from work or else i'll fall asleep on the train home and never make it back in again! wonder if i can swing the day off on the friday as well...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    dunkman wrote:

also, times?

the food was yummy :)

anywhere is good that we can all fit into :), maybe sit down ?? i'm gettin old !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    V V wrote:
    the food was yummy :)

anywhere is good that we can all fit into :), maybe sit down ?? i'm gettin old !

So you're definitely coming then :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    So you're definitely coming then :D

i'm still torn but feeling like i would other wise be missing out !!! hahahaha

so probably yeah , just got to clear it with the putter upper ;)
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    que next song :D
    nATALIE iMBRUGLIA - tORN
    I thought I saw a man brought to life
    he was warm he came around like he was dignified
    he showed me what t was to cry
    Well you couldn't be that man I adored
    you don't seem to know - or seem to care what your heart s for
    I don't know him anymore
    there's nothing where he used to lie
    my conversation has run dry
    that's what's goin' on
    nothing's fine
    I'm torn
    I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel
    I'm cold and I am shamed
    lying naked on the floor
    illusion never changed
    into something real
    I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
    you're a little late
    I'm already torn

so I guess the fortune teller's right
    I should have seen just what was there and not some holy light
    but you `crawled beneath my veins and now I don't care, I have
    no luck
    I don't miss it all that much
    there's just so many things
    that I can't touch
    I'm torn
    there's nothing where he used to lie
    my inspiration has run dry
    that's what's goin' on
    nothing's right I'm torn...
    (chorus)
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    i'm still torn but feeling like i would other wise be missing out !!! hahahaha

so probably yeah , just got to clear it with the putter upper ;)

course you'll be missing out!!!

it'll be great :D:D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    cool!! i'll add you and jrd to the list!

next week or so we'll swap some numbers and stuff so we can direct/arrange things with each other.

:cool:
    wicked!
    "porterhaouse" is cool,once they played "last exit"!!!!!!
    and the band did,but unfortunately,a poor version of "daugther"!!!!!!!
  • Options
    so VV are you in?

also please note everyone that we are meeting at The Bunker Bar :cool:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    so VV are you in?

also please note everyone that we are meeting at The Bunker Bar :cool:

at 6PM

Though it's a dangerous place for me to be.... much too close to Forbidden Planet....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    at 6PM

Though it's a dangerous place for me to be.... much too close to Forbidden Planet....

yeah 6pm!!

i must check this place out.. ;):D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i must check this place out.. ;):D

Careful.. you'll get sucked right into it...... you may never get out! You have to go with someone who can pull you out... Pippa will tell you!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Careful.. you'll get sucked right into it...... you may never get out! You have to go with someone who can pull you out... Pippa will tell you!

rita, you forget i'm Scottish... i wont be fucking buying anything :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:
    rita, you forget i'm Scottish... i wont be fucking buying anything :rolleyes: :D

:rolleyes: neither did red ............................................. that time :p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    You don't have to buy... you can just spend hours looking and touching and reading (if you go downstairs!).. :D:D:D I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!! Hey Pip... did get the Jack Sparrow bobble head (another visit though!) :D
  • Options
    Jack Sparrow bobble head :confused:

is that an authorised sex toy?
  • Options
    What with the "looking, touching and reading" section downstairs and the possibility of authorised Jack Sparrow sex toys it certainly sounds like Forbidden Planet are trying to expand their target audience!

maybe we should meet there instead :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    I reckon you can count ME in on this one.

Gutted that I didn't make the last meet up, but 6pm? Yeah I can do that. Looking forward to meeting the Dunkmeister and crew.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Jack Sparrow bobble head :confused:

is that an authorised sex toy?

More to the point, a sex toy authorised by Disney? :confused:
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Please don't put Johnny Depp and sex toy in the same sentence... will need a cold shower and it's way too cold today for that!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Please don't put Johnny Depp and sex toy in the same sentence... will need a cold shower and it's way too cold today for that!

:eek: :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    :eek: Have to say though, he's very pretty. I mean for a bloke..
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Cheap Scots!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Cheap Scots!

and if you want to challenge that awful stereotype you can always offer to buy the first round in the Bunker Bar... ;)