Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jrd wrote:
    and if you want to challenge that awful stereotype you can always offer to buy the first round in the Bunker Bar... ;)

its always been a stereotype that i felt i could live with :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:

och aye, you'll be telling us next that you wear a skirt :p
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

And I'll expect you to wear a kilt. Scotsmen wear kilts.

I've only ever known one Scotsman. He wore trousers, and I swear, it did NOT compute with my prior understanding. I get confused. Don't make it difficult for me.

Any stereotypes you'd rather I adhere to? :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I wore a kilt once, for a friend's wedding. very draughty... and that was in summer!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    I wore a kilt once, for a friend's wedding. very draughty... and that was in summer!

how easy was it to do a piss though? :D:)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Any stereotypes you'd rather I adhere to? :D

i find it strange than England doesnt have much of a stereotypical trait/affliction... i wonder if its because its lost a sense of identity :confused:

my summer holidays have uneathed my vision of an English stereotype, which is of a shaven haired big bloke, bulldog tattoo, real bulldog by his side, england strip, england hat, england shorts and white socks and trainers.... union jack beach towel, gold sovereign rings.. and worst of all.... obnoxious fucking accent
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i find it strange than England doesnt have much of a stereotypical trait/affliction... i wonder if its because its lost a sense of identity :confused:

my summer holidays have uneathed my vision of an English stereotype, which is of a shaven haired big bloke, bulldog tattoo, real bulldog by his side, england strip, england hat, england shorts and white socks and trainers.... union jack beach towel, gold sovereign rings.. and worst of all.... obnoxious fucking accent

faaaaaaaaaaaaaack orf you Scottish waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankah!!!

unfortunately i'd say you're not too far wrong. i'd have said "summer holidays and World Cups" :(
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Do you like Al Murray?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Do you like Al Murray?

not fond of indian food me old cockney sparra ;)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    not fond of indian food me old cockney sparra ;)

Dunk! Wonderful British name.

• Options
    Dunk! Wonderful British name.

what mine? my name is more scottish than i can actually comprehend!!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:

:eek: What youre "Duncan Mcleod of the clan Mcleod" :confused:

I always knew there was something 'special' about you ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

(You knew that was an Al Murray-ism, right?)

Anyway... Dunk! What is your second name anyway?

It better be McDougal or something.

Do you think there is a Loch Ness Monster?

• Options
    (You knew that was an Al Murray-ism, right?)

Anyway... Dunk! What is your second name anyway?

It better be McDougal or something.

Do you think there is a Loch Ness Monster?

its weird and i'm not usually bothered but i dont want to give out my second name on the web... i'll tell you in London. :)

ok.. its McHaggis of Sporranland :)
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    I always knew there was something 'special' about you ;)

that there is :):p
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    its weird and i'm not usually bothered but i dont want to give out my second name on the web... i'll tell you in London. :)

ok.. its McHaggis of Sporranland :)

No, that's cool. I actually thought of that, right after I wrote it.

OK McHaggis of Sporranland it is, then.

Btw I saw something on tele... apparently sporrans are 'in' again, or something. You know anything about that?

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Btw I saw something on tele... apparently sporrans are 'in' again, or something. You know anything about that?

does that mean a Brazilian is out ??? :eek:
    **damn can never keep up with the trend**
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:

let's just hope the 'Bobby Charlton' never becomes a trend...
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    let's just hope the 'Bobby Charlton' never becomes a trend...
    :eek::eek::eek:

indeed ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:

i dont like brazilians... its natural for me... i'm an organic fluffy pie man :):)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    i dont like brazilians... its natural for me... i'm an organic fluffy pie man :):)
    .... but neatly trimmed?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    .... but neatly trimmed?

trimmed as in kept short all over or trimmed as in removal of 'spiders legs'?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    of 'spiders legs'?

Spider legs!! :D:D:D:D:D Good way to describe it! Just a nice neat little trim, not too short (too rough), not too long (gets in the way)... definitely NO spider legs....
  • Options
    ANYWAY!!!!! What beers do they server in the Bunker Bar ?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

germanic ones most likely... looking forward to it now that i realised today its 2 weeks tonight :cool:
  • Options
    hmmm... now we've got the thread back on topic... i've got nothing to say...
    maybe i should try doing some work for a little while.
  • Options
    ah yes, the Bunker bar actually being the Bunker Bier Hall i think Germanic lagers are likely to be served. in fact...

DRAUGHT

Bunker Pilsener 4.4% abv - A light refreshing lager, well balanced with malt and hops
    Bunker bok 5.5% abv - Premium Style German beer, slightly sweet and full bodied
    Organic Larger 4.8% - Lightest in colour and taste, organic malt, hops and yeast

BOTTLED

Budvar - The original Czech lager 5.0% abv
    Crown - Pride of Australia 4.5%
    San Migeul - Spanish Export 5.0%
    Nastro Azzurro - Classic Italian 5.0%

Guest Bottle - Please ask bar staff

wonder if they have any buxom young ladies servicing the tables... errrr....

and if you look in the small print it says that the wearing of lederhosen and the slapping of bottoms and thighs is always rewarded with a free stein!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    wonder if they have any buxom young ladies servicing the tables... errrr....

and if you look in the small print it says that the wearing of lederhosen and the slapping of bottoms and thighs is always rewarded with a free stein!

might try that Organic beer.... it'll make my puking up the next day more environmentally friendly!

i always wonder if they have buxom young fraulines serving in pubs... even at working men's clubs in Lancaster... i live in hope anyway

ps.. i've never been to a working mens club in Lancaster... i've been to Lancaster though, and its a beautiful place
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

I think i was on the cider last time, it was nice :)
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    I think i was on the cider last time, it was nice :)

Ooh you know what, I do like a pint of cider.