Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Yep if we dont get an email today or tomorrow.....friday will be an absolute nightmare!

Ive had a few mates just call to say they purchased thru the ticketek pre-sale and not only did they say it was a major hassle (and they're a little frustrated) but their seats are all over the shop.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    Anyone remember how long it took for the first shows to sell out and what time the 2nd ones went on sale in 2003? You would hope that the 2nd and 3rd concerts you would have a better chance at good seats. Also, with ticketek website you can buy for Sydney and Melbourne in the same transaction can't you. I hope so!
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Has anyone emailed Ticketek and asked whether second and third concerts are going on sale the same day????

Nope but I was under the impression they just dumped it on people when they felt the time was right.

Ive been in line before desperately try to get tickets up the back somewhere and all of a sudden they say "second concert on sale" and I ended up with magic seats to the second concert. Ill give them a buzz this arvo and see if they shed any light.

My thoughts......seconds will be announced early on friday (eg 10-11am) with sweet FA notice..........luck of the draw i rekon a.k.a SHITFIGHT
  • longroad1longroad1 Posts: 49
    I think you can buy different cities in one transaction/
    It was different for every city in 03, some went on sale 30 mins later, some a few hours.

There are some decent adelaide pre sale tix still available. I dont think the fan club section will be large there, great for us with fc tix :D

Cmon ten club, at least tell us No if we cant get tix to additional shows so we can start making plans. A no is better than no answer at all.

US and Euro people had a chance to reserve tickets in advance and only get charged if the show happened - because they havent let us do this Im 99.9% sure we're on our own on friday.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Gennibean wrote:
    Anyone remember how long it took for the first shows to sell out and what time the 2nd ones went on sale in 2003? You would hope that the 2nd and 3rd concerts you would have a better chance at good seats. Also, with ticketek website you can buy for Sydney and Melbourne in the same transaction can't you. I hope so!

I've read on here a few different times for people buying 2003 Brisbane tickets and an approximate time period that I can figure out is:

9.00am Tickets go on sale
    9.30am Tickets sold out -- Advertising Show 2 sale in 30 mins
    10.00am Second show on sale

I don't know how correct this....I've just seen a few people mention similar times and that there wasn't a large gap between sales for the two shows.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    DonJon wrote:
    Nope but I was under the impression they just dumped it on people when they felt the time was right.

Ive been in line before desperately try to get tickets up the back somewhere and all of a sudden they say "second concert on sale" and I ended up with magic seats to the second concert. Ill give them a buzz this arvo and see if they shed any light.

My thoughts......seconds will be announced early on friday (eg 10-11am) with sweet FA notice..........luck of the draw i rekon a.k.a SHITFIGHT

Surely Ticketek would know by now whether they have to sell 13,000 or 26,000 tickets on Friday for Brisbane!!! I might ring them....after this appt....
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I've read on here a few different times for people buying 2003 Brisbane tickets and an approximate time period that I can figure out is:

9.00am Tickets go on sale
    9.30am Tickets sold out -- Advertising Show 2 sale in 30 mins
    10.00am Second show on sale

I don't know how correct this....I've just seen a few people mention similar times and that there wasn't a large gap between sales for the two shows.

100% correct, same for Sydney and Melbourne Concerts.

If we havent heard anything by now from 10C re rollovers, we wont unfortunately.

- Coppel website first with the news re tour - 10C at least 3/4 days later
    - 2003 tour, heard the dates first on "The Andrew Denton Breakfast Show" a week before 10C. Hows that for a blast from the past.

Thats when Triple M sorta/kinda gave a shit about good music
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
    Am I correct in assuming that the tickets for the pre-sale were handed out willy nilly (ie in no particular seating order) but tickets in the proper Ticketek sale on Friday will be first in, best served? So the earlier I ring up, the better seats I will have?

Because I know once for another concert I tried to ask for angle seats and they said I had to get floor seats because the tickets were sold in the order of the seats (ie first phone call gets #124 and #125, second phone call gets #126 and #127).

Does this sound right? I'm just a little confused because the pre-sale tickets seem to be all over the place???

Cheers
    Im 80% sure on this....a few beers and persian rugs in between is where the other 20% went........
    in 03 by the time i got thru to the booking section (online) the second was onsale and i had no option but to go for that. Im sure that was around 915 - 920 in Sydney - got 2nd row in the raised section at Syd.

That would mean first show went in 15 mins??? Does that sound right?

In regards to ticketek, I think a call is definately in order simply asking "when the first sells out will the next show/s automatically be on sale or will there be a break?" - will do shortly
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Am I correct in assuming that the tickets for the pre-sale were handed out willy nilly (ie in no particular seating order) but tickets in the proper Ticketek sale on Friday will be first in, best served? So the earlier I ring up, the better seats I will have?

Because I know once for another concert I tried to ask for angle seats and they said I had to get floor seats because the tickets were sold in the order of the seats (ie first phone call gets #124 and #125, second phone call gets #126 and #127).

Does this sound right? I'm just a little confused because the pre-sale tickets seem to be all over the place???

Cheers

The ticketek website says that pre-sales are not preferential seating. Its just a small selection of tickets from all over the venue.

You're also right about the order, especially on the net, if you select best available, whatevers next, BUT you can also select Reserved - Floor, or Reserved - Upper.

This should allow you to get angled seats, but over the phone, not completely sure
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    soi baiscally, if ten club tickets arent offered for additional shows, i have to be in front of my computer fri morning an keep checkin tikitek site and pearl jam site for annoucements?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Cheers

Thats my understanding. Had two lots of friends get tiks in the presale (around identical times) and they got Section 57 and Section 83. They both called around 1pm. Public sale is def first in best dressed
    DonJon wrote:
    Im 80% sure on this....a few beers and persian rugs in between is where the other 20% went........
    in 03 by the time i got thru to the booking section (online) the second was onsale and i had no option but to go for that. Im sure that was around 915 - 920 in Sydney - got 2nd row in the raised section at Syd.

That would mean first show went in 15 mins??? Does that sound right?

In regards to ticketek, I think a call is definately in order simply asking "when the first sells out will the next show/s automatically be on sale or will there be a break?" - will do shortly

YEah, good on you....I was going to ring after my 2pm appt...but they're still not here so I might give a quick ring now -- better we both ring to see if we get two different answers -- like the 10c are doing...
    Why is it that when I go to the Ticketek site and search for Pearl Jam, it says it can't find any concerts????
    Pappas wrote:
    soi baiscally, if ten club tickets arent offered for additional shows, i have to be in front of my computer fri morning an keep checkin tikitek site and pearl jam site for annoucements?

Correct....just sit there and keep hitting refresh for 30 mins until it tells you when the next show goes on sale....then be ready at that specified time to buy with your credit card...
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Cheers

Pre sales in Australia seem to suck.... whereas presales i nthe UK i have experienced... I.e. Ben Harper, REM, RHCP.... they give away the best seats.

Australian presales are selling seats that people think twice about buying on the day they log in at 5pm to a 9am sale. Or are the tickets in the nose bleed section because people think the whole venue is sold out up to their nose bleed seats.... It's pure marketing strategy, and crap here in Australia that a P R E S A L E includes shithosue seats....
    Pappas wrote:

Mate I think its the only option. Just keep hitting refesh every 10 mins and check. Ive got a Ticketel about 50mtrs from the office so gonna get the secretary to keep walking down there and asking (in case the ticket booths start selling beofre online).

Not a pleasant situation and there'll be some pissed off souls on here on Friday. 10c - YA GOT 1 1/2 MORE DAYS
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Just rang Ticketek

"we have no idea. The promoter tells us weather or not further tickets go on sale"
    "Yeah but they went on sale 15 minutes after the first show sold out"
    "Sorry its up to the promoter, i really cant answer that"

Fuckwits the lot of them
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Why is it that when I go to the Ticketek site and search for Pearl Jam, it says it can't find any concerts????

Must be a QLD'er thing? heh
    DonJon wrote:
    Mate I think its the only option. Just keep hitting refesh every 10 mins and check. Ive got a Ticketel about 50mtrs from the office so gonna get the secretary to keep walking down there and asking (in case the ticket booths start selling beofre online).

Not a pleasant situation and there'll be some pissed off souls on here on Friday. 10c - YA GOT 1 1/2 MORE DAYS

1.5 more days.....NO CHANCE!!! They wouldn't even be able to organise it.

So they advise us tonight that 10c tix go on sale on Thursday (tomorrow) and hope that everyone sees it tonight and gets on tomorrow...and everyone has say 8 hours to buy 10c tix to night 2??? NO CHANCE!!!

Do you have to be a member of Ticketek to buy tix? Or is that just for the pre-sale?
    Yep just got off the phone from SAMANTHA at Ticketek and she said.

Samantha - "In relation to extra shows being announced you should keep checking the bands website, the promoters website and the ticketek website"

ME - "So can a second show start selling before its annouced/updated on any of these websites?"

S - "No you will get warning first on one of the sites. Could be an hour or a couple of days before" ....Ive got your name and number Sam and am holding you to this.

In summary....just gotta keep refreshing but it still wouldnt surprise me if they went on sale without notification and Sam feels the Dons wrath the next day!!!
    Sloth2 wrote:
    Just rang Ticketek

"we have no idea. The promoter tells us weather or not further tickets go on sale"
    "Yeah but they went on sale 15 minutes after the first show sold out"
    "Sorry its up to the promoter, i really cant answer that"

Fuckwits the lot of them

I'm on hold with them now....wonder if I'll get the same response?

And I found PJ on Ticketek -- I click on QLD instead of BRISBANE when inserting a location....
    So does everyone feel that purchasing ONLINE is better than PHONE?

Fuck this Ticketek opera hold music is driving me insaaaane.....
    Im gonna rely on the net but I think I may also do the double handed thing with the phone....just gets annoying when its engaged all the time!
    DIANE from Ticketek said the same "up to promoter" crap and they have no idea if more than one concert is on sale and for me to keep check the different websites....
  • edwardovedderedwardovedder Posts: 331
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    So does everyone feel that purchasing ONLINE is better than PHONE?

Fuck this Ticketek opera hold music is driving me insaaaane.....

for the best chance you need to be in line at ticketek with a mobile phone in each hand and using a laptop with each foot
    I will be what I could be. Once I get out of this town.
    Brisbane 8 Feb 2003; Brisbane 10,11 Nov 2006; Adelaide 17 Nov 2009; Brisbane 25 Nov 2009; Brisbane 10,12,13 Mar 2011; Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014; Brisbane 23 Feb 2014; Milton Keynes 11 July 2014
  • Forgive my ignorance... but has anyone sent the 10C a terse email demanding to know what's going on???
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Forgive my ignorance... but has anyone sent the 10C a terse email demanding to know what's going on???

I think ppl have just got back the standard response....
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
This discussion has been closed.