Should I ask her out?

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I agree you should try asking her out alone again instead of waiting for movie night.
    As for not being a good conversationalist... why not? Is it that you can't think of anything to say at the moment, feel uncomfortable saying what you're thinking about, or you don't have anything going on in your brain? If it's the former two, sounds like you just need to be comfortable and relax.... if the latter... well... you might want to give up.

Yeah I can't think of what to say.

when you run out of things to say, it's time to bang.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    She invited me to the movie night before our date.
    I already know these people going to the movie night and I don't have anything in common with them. Add to that I don't particularly like some of these people they are immature tools. Not keen on going.

She is nice and talkative but I wasn't 100% sold on her because:
    * admitted to me during the date she never cooks and cannot cook, I need someone I can settle down with and I won't have to do all the cooking.
    * Not to sound mean but she isn't as articulate as me and I don't feel she is on the same level intellectually, not saying she is stupid but I just felt more mature during conversation.
    * I don't like her friends and her uncle and cousins (we had a fall out over some lies they spread about me and my family)
    * I am friends with her brother but we haven't seen each other in a long time.

Don't know what to do, feel like keeping it as friends only even though she is attractive and probably likes me.
    :shock: Those complaints are pretty substantial. Forget anything I may have said earlier. Don't bother going to the movies or on another date. You don't respect this person or her friends and famy very much and find her intellectually inferior. Why bother? Unless you think you can just get laid and move on I guess...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • She invited me to the movie night before our date.
    I already know these people going to the movie night and I don't have anything in common with them. Add to that I don't particularly like some of these people they are immature tools. Not keen on going.

* admitted to me during the date she never cooks and cannot cook, I need someone I can settle down with and I won't have to do all the cooking.
    * Not to sound mean but she isn't as articulate as me and I don't feel she is on the same level intellectually, not saying she is stupid but I just felt more mature during conversation.
    * I don't like her friends and her uncle and cousins (we had a fall out over some lies they spread about me and my family)

Don't know what to do, feel like keeping it as friends only even though she is attractive and probably likes me.

Regarding the above post I made. Am I being too picky?
    I think I need a smart PJ girl from here lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited January 2013

I don't think that wanting to find someone who you feel is your intellectual equal or whose family and friends you at least respect isn't being too picky. The cooking thing might be... I mean, you're not getting married, so who cares if she can cook? You could use her as practice and sowing some oats. But I don't mean USE her. If you feel like she's not a match as far as intelligence goes, I don't see why you'd date her. It's important to feel like you're well suited on that level. And maybe you're wrong. Maybe doubt is clouding your judgement. Try one more date if you're not sure, and then decide.

There are a lot of great 10c girls!! :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I agree you should try asking her out alone again instead of waiting for movie night.
    As for not being a good conversationalist... why not? Is it that you can't think of anything to say at the moment, feel uncomfortable saying what you're thinking about, or you don't have anything going on in your brain? If it's the former two, sounds like you just need to be comfortable and relax.... if the latter... well... you might want to give up.

Why's that do you think? Because you have a lot to say here! You seem pretty open and express yourself fully.

When someone you feel naturally comfortable with comes along you'll know it because you won't struggle to think of things to say, and silences won't be uncomfortable.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    RKCNDY wrote:
    maybe she invited him to movie night with "her" friends to see if they like him, or to see how well he gets along with her friends.

Secret Girl Tip: we like to 'test' you out to see if our friends like you, if they do...you are golden.

i thought he said it was a bunch of people she never gets to see
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    go out ... have fun ... do kids like to have fun these days? ... forget about settling down and stuff ... i am pretty sure you are still young ... if you meet a girl you absolutely feel like is your soulmate ... sure ... but just enjoy what comes your way ... be honest about what you want and all will be good ...
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Why's that do you think? Because you have a lot to say here! You seem pretty open and express yourself fully.

Online chat is different. People take me as loud and confident until they meet me in person.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • polaris_x wrote:
    go out ... have fun ... do kids like to have fun these days? ... forget about settling down and stuff ... i am pretty sure you are still young ... if you meet a girl you absolutely feel like is your soulmate ... sure ... but just enjoy what comes your way ... be honest about what you want and all will be good ...

Turning 29 this year. Not exactly young and I have grey hairs. Tick tock time is running out for me.
    polaris_x wrote:

Turning 29 this year. Not exactly young and I have grey hairs. Tick tock time is running out for me.
    No it's not - not even close. Many men aren't getting married until their mid to late 30s these days, if that. Don't worry about it. Plus, time is running out for what exactly?? It's not like you have to worry about not being able to get pregnant if you wait too long.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

you're still young ... you're still maturing and growing as a person ... something that is much better achieved through life experiences of which relationships are important ... it's not really about being too picky as it is not being open to possibilities ... maybe she is smarter than you think? ... maybe she can't cook but she's got a big heart ... there is no perfect combination ... it's really about how you two connect and in what ways ... worst case scenario is it doesn't last but you find out more about yourself as it relates to experiences ...
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Online chat is different. People take me as loud and confident until they meet me in person.
    I guess... though I don't quite understand. If the thoughts are available to you in your head, why not just say them out loud? Is it because you're self-conscious about what others will think about what comes put of your mouth? ... Obviously I just can't relate to this one (I know that many people struggle with it). Sometimes I have to remind myself to shut up - a different struggle, but a struggle all the same. :lol: But one fail-safe trick: if yoibcan't think of anything to say, just ask her questions about herself, and then ask questions about her answers.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,834
    polaris_x wrote:

bullshit , puppy. You sir are reaching for any little inconsequential excuse to stay in your shell, where FOR A FACT you will wind up alone. There is ZERO reward without equal risk. Take a chance. If it doesnt work out, learn from it and press on.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    fine dude, you don't sound so keen on her except for the fact that she is a female and she likes you.

Go out with her a few times, hell I dated guys I didn't think I would like, but at least it helped me figure out what I truly didn't want in a potential mate.

You are not going to go out on one date and fall madly in love and that's that, you gotta test the waters a little. Date a snobby girl, date a hippie girl, date a nerdy girl.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331

Yes you are being too picky....

I am seeing a girl atm who doesn't cook and doesn't clean... I cook, so that's alright.. I told her if ever we move out together that she is on cleaning and I will cook...

But what she lacks in that department is that her family are ridiculously rich... so, who knows, we might get a cleaner...

One thing I learnt in my years is this... Nobody is perfect. We all have our faults. You have yours, she has hers. Just man up, go on a few more dates. And worst comes to worst, use it as practice for further dating. Dude, if you do not go on another date with her because you are too picky, I will reach my hand through this computer screen, through yours and wring your neck...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    am i the only one here that wants to shag this girl already?

we need pic :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

No it's not - not even close. Many men aren't getting married until their mid to late 30s these days, if that. Don't worry about it. Plus, time is running out for what exactly?? It's not like you have to worry about not being able to get pregnant if you wait too long.

When I am all grey hairs and wrinkly noone will want me.
    I am under pressure from family to get married, it is a cultural thing as well.
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    I guess... though I don't quite understand. If the thoughts are available to you in your head, why not just say them out loud? Is it because you're self-conscious about what others will think about what comes put of your mouth? ... Obviously I just can't relate to this one (I know that many people struggle with it). Sometimes I have to remind myself to shut up - a different struggle, but a struggle all the same. :lol: But one fail-safe trick: if yoibcan't think of anything to say, just ask her questions about herself, and then ask questions about her answers.

The problem is I often have no thoughts in my when in the presence of others, I have no idea what to say.
    Quite contrary to my username here, well then again, only negative thoughts arrive like butterflies.
  • pjfan31 wrote:

Yes you are being too picky....

I am seeing a girl atm who doesn't cook and doesn't clean... I cook, so that's alright.. I told her if ever we move out together that she is on cleaning and I will cook...

But what she lacks in that department is that her family are ridiculously rich... so, who knows, we might get a cleaner...

One thing I learnt in my years is this... Nobody is perfect. We all have our faults. You have yours, she has hers. Just man up, go on a few more dates. And worst comes to worst, use it as practice for further dating. Dude, if you do not go on another date with her because you are too picky, I will reach my hand through this computer screen, through yours and wring your neck...

Shoot me instead.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

yup.

and you're successfully talking yourself out of even a chance of having a good time with this chick.

29 is not old.

this thread is now making me angry. :x :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814

yup.

and you're successfully talking yourself out of even a chance of having a good time with this chick.

29 is not old.

this thread is now making me angry. :x :lol:

Thank you Juggler. I lose brain cells reading this. Obviously OP, You don't dig her. Plenty of fish in other ponds
  • Hey my friend, I as well have the picky type problem...
    But what has been brought up here has a lot of merit. You
    Can have standards and still have fun.., I am very shy in
    person, yet very open and talkative on here. I have very
    High standard and rules to my life, but if the opportunity to
    meet people ( or see those I know already, but have bad
    History with) I usually make myself go., if for nothing else, then
    forcing myself to remain open minded. Sounds like you just
    May have to for-go the expectations and see what actually
    lies ahead here. As for the family part, you are all adults,
    and therefor have a choice in whether you allow the other to
    have either negative or positive effects on one another.
    But I know how you feel man ! I turn 40 this year and have
    Spent most of my life alone waiting for that one guy that
    Satisfies all my requirements! I am terribly old fashioned like
    that, and will most likely due alone, cause I won't budge.., but
    hey, if that happens, I still feel like I was true to myself and what
    I want out of life. Still wishing you luck !
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Hey my friend, I as well have the picky type problem...

Wait it was a girl.. now it's this one guy that is satisfactory ?

"I'm sick to death of hearing things,
    from uptight, short sighted, narrow minded hypocrites,
    all I want is the truth,
    just gimme some truth."
    :roll:
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    Hey my friend, I as well have the picky type problem...

Wait it was a girl.. now it's this one guy that is satisfactory ?

"I'm sick to death of hearing things,
    from uptight, short sighted, narrow minded hypocrites,
    all I want is the truth,
    just gimme some truth."
    :roll:
    Huh?
  • I think you got a little confused somewhere
    STAYSEA.., I was relating my own angle as a female, relative
    to his qualms.
    edited January 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:

When I am all grey hairs and wrinkly noone will want me.
    I am under pressure from family to get married, it is a cultural thing as well.
    Ah, well, that kind of pressure must be tough... but surely your family wouldn't want you to marry someone you don't love, so you're gonna have to do your best and wait until the right thing comes along just like everyone else. It could take years and years... in fact, you'd be lucky to find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with (only half make it, and probably only half of them are actually happy). So you might want to just take a deep breath and change your focus from finding someone to finding someone you love.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • What PJ_Soul said!!
  • Hey my friend, I as well have the picky type problem...

Thank you, good luck to you too.
    I stay true to myself even if it means lonely weekends.
    I have often been asked to come along to nightclubs (where I could have met someone) but refused being this punk rock guy, not my scene. Clubbing types are so stupid here.
  • A lot of girls in the places I've been to are loud, stupid, superficial, and wasted.
    I don't like my chances.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Please don't buy the myth that there is only one perfect mate for you out there! Definitely not true! Yes it's necessary to have a physical spark, mutual respect, like interests and similar goals. I also think similar religious/philosophical beliefs are necessary for long term satisfaction with your relationship. However, love can grow from all of that and from unexpected places. I believe that love often comes later and if you are waiting for the perfect ONE you are likely to be disappointed. This is why I don't let my kids read fairy tale princess and Prince Charming stories. Just sets (especially girls) up for disappointment when their lives don't match the tale. TAKE A CHANCE, find out what is really important and what you can't compromise but BE FLEXIBLE because the love you need could be right in front of you. You don't want to miss it.

Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2