Should I ask her out?

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    smithnic wrote:
    I'm totally skipping the thread and only reading the title....

YES

Why the hell not?

I agree and same (didn't read whole thread). Saying 'do you want to have coffee' is a nice non-scary way to get together, that's not really a 'date'. Then depending on how it goes you take it from there.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    smithnic wrote:
    I'm totally skipping the thread and only reading the title....

YES

Why the hell not?

I agree and same (didn't read whole thread). Saying 'do you want to have coffee' is a nice non-scary way to get together, that's not really a 'date'. Then depending on how it goes you take it from there.
    we all agree with that,but some people need their time,have their rythm,their style..
    and need to feel confortable for move things..
    and ofcourse,i think he must do it,maybe he needs his time
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    the wolf wrote:
    better to regret asking and her saying no, then to regret not asking her and never knowing.

exactly!!
    and good luck with that!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Paulina87 wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    better to regret asking and her saying no, then to regret not asking her and never knowing.

exactly!!
    and good luck with that!

hey paulina, you wanna go out friday for drinks. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    come on garth. Why don't you just talk to her. talk to her. talk to her.
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    81 wrote:
    Paulina87 wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

exactly!!
    and good luck with that!

:lol:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Absolutely ask her out brother. If you have her number already, I would just give her a call. But you should absolutely do it. Just be cool, calm, collective, and confident.....the killer Cs.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• I still haven't asked. It's not just the brother. I just feel like I am not good enough. She'd most likely prefer the tanned muscles type over a skinny pale guy with no biceps like me.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • the wolf wrote:

I totally agree with this....from the female perspective....
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I still haven't asked. It's not just the brother. I just feel like I am not good enough. She'd most likely prefer the tanned muscles type over a skinny pale guy with no biceps like me.

Thoughts, (can I call you thoughts?), I have asked girls out before, I have even mulled over it on here like you and it can be nerve racking. If she says no, life goes on. You live another day. Girls like confidence. Get in there and do your thing... Come couple of weeks/month, you will not regret it. I guarantee it...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    I still haven't asked. It's not just the brother. I just feel like I am not good enough. She'd most likely prefer the tanned muscles type over a skinny pale guy with no biceps like me.

Thoughts, (can I call you thoughts?), I have asked girls out before, I have even mulled over it on here like you and it can be nerve racking. If she says no, life goes on. You live another day. Girls like confidence. Get in there and do your thing... Come couple of weeks/month, you will not regret it. I guarantee it...

You sure can, actually call me coward guy.
    I spent hours watching dating videos on Youtube, some guru was saying how being single leaves a massive hole in your life. It made me depressed because it is true. I never go out as I only have one friend and he is in a long term relationship so how will I ever meet someone :cry: I have a dating website profile but don't have a photo of me nor have I ever contacted anyone. Cannot get over this fear and anxiety. Internet dating is frowned upon in my family anyways. So how will I ever meet someone, feel like my life is over.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • you will find your way...

small steps...give it a try...

i think you can do this...not overthinking..its just a date for coffee....

and if she dont like coffee,order ice cream..almost all women like ice cream...

if she dont like ice cream...she will like diet coke... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    in a word.....YES.

what do you have to lose by meeting up for coffee? go for it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Don't make the decision for her. At least give her the chance to say yes to you and find out if you have more in common - that's the whole purpose of dating - to get to know each other better and find out if you're a good fit. Give it a shot!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563

The dude with muscles isn't going to listen to her nor is he going to show her the world! Tanned and muscle dudes are so boring and stupid! Step up and ask her out as you'll never regret trying only never doing it!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
    81 wrote:
    Paulina87 wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

exactly!!
    and good luck with that!

sure, where u wanna take me? :corn:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
    pjfan31 wrote:

You sure can, actually call me coward guy.
    I spent hours watching dating videos on Youtube, some guru was saying how being single leaves a massive hole in your life. It made me depressed because it is true. I never go out as I only have one friend and he is in a long term relationship so how will I ever meet someone :cry: I have a dating website profile but don't have a photo of me nor have I ever contacted anyone. Cannot get over this fear and anxiety. Internet dating is frowned upon in my family anyways. So how will I ever meet someone, feel like my life is over.

stop watching videos of so-called "dating gurus" and just ask her out.
    You can meet nice person in the most unexpected moment, don't have to go out every week for that.
    Maybe she'll say yes without any hesitation and you both will spend some nice time together ;)
  • Still considering it, she's into clubbing and this trendy social scene, which is totally opposite what I am into, but we've always gotten along.
    Am I silly for expecting someone to have similar interests to me?
    Imagine we get serious then she'll try drag me to nightclubs, yuck.
  • Not mentally right for a date right now, disregard this thread. Thank you all.
  • Not mentally right for a date right now, disregard this thread. Thank you all.
    I hope you feel better.
    I hope you ask her out.
    Good luck, my friend.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • If you're not ready now, when will you be?

I can understand the anxiety involved when asking someone out, being a shy person myself, you reach a point in life when you stop giving a fuck of what people think about you. Most of my dates these days are through online dating sites, and i think it's a great tool for building confidence. I'll go on a date with a guy having no expectations and i don't get offended if he's not interested, you move on.

And don't judge someone because they listen to a certain type of music or their lifestyle is different to yours, they could be a really nice person and could help open your eyes to different ideas.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Not mentally right for a date right now, disregard this thread. Thank you all.

I hope you feel better.
    Please don't over think this. You are getting ahead of yourself, thinking about her dragging you out clubbing. Just go for coffee. Are you afraid she will say "yes"? Don't be. Be bold. You can do it. You have a whole group of people (whom you have never met) cheering you on. Good luck.
    ELITIST FUK
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

fuck it dude. imagine if she says yes. you're mental state will be through the roof. if she says no, you'll still be in the same place but might feel better knowing your took a little bit of a risk. the risk is worth the reward.

hit send, enjoy a little adrenaline rush, pound a few beers and see what happens.
    www.myspace.com
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Yes, ask her out - the worst she can do is say no, and if she does go out with you its great for your mental state of mind. Go for it !!!! :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    I think you should ask Mikalina out.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206

;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    You're too much in your own head man. It's just coffee to hang out and get to know each other. Who knows, she could be totally not right for you.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Still considering it, she's into clubbing and this trendy social scene, which is totally opposite what I am into, but we've always gotten along.
    Am I silly for expecting someone to have similar interests to me?
    Imagine we get serious then she'll try drag me to nightclubs, yuck.

Take the pressure off of yourself and don't worry about tomorrow.

Ask her to go out for coffee. Don't think of it as a date, just spending time with a friend today. :)
  • mikalina wrote:

;)
    If I was 10 years younger...
    30lbs lighter...
    Had a better job...
    And not married....

I would definitely ask you out!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: