Should I ask her out?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Well sheesh! this place can certainly give a person the swift kick of confidence in the a$$!

If you're nervous, tell her! "sorry, I haven't seen you in a while, I'm a little nervous" she will put you at ease. It's better than being nervous, and she wonder's if you are sick or something.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Well sheesh! this place can certainly give a person the swift kick of confidence in the a$$!

If you're nervous, tell her! "sorry, I haven't seen you in a while, I'm a little nervous" she will put you at ease. It's better than being nervous, and she wonder's if you are sick or something.

you never say you are nervous. it's better to fake it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I was just about to say that it's a good idea to say you're nervous if you really are, because it will explain a lot if you're acting weird and at the same time is endearing. Most women take it as a compliment.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    really?

put on a double dose of anti persperant
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

or fake being nervous ....

whatever you do - make sure it is fake. girls love it when you deceive them.
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

or fake being nervous ....

whatever you do - make sure it is fake. girls love it when you deceive them.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    faking confidence is not the same thing as being fake.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    No it's not... But a confident person can still be nervous. The two aren't really the same things. Not that Thoughts Arrived couldn't use more confidence. It's just that if he's nervous, it's okay for the girl to know it. It at least means he gives a shit.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    You guy's are beating a dead horse with this one. It's never gonna happen!
    donnaruhl wrote:
    You guy's are beating a dead horse with this one. It's never gonna happen!
    :nono:
    Dude's going out with her on Wednesday!
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I was just about to say that it's a good idea to say you're nervous if you really are, because it will explain a lot if you're acting weird and at the same time is endearing. Most women take it as a compliment.

yeah, I met a guy at a bar (blind date), we had chatted on the internet, and he asked to meet me, so I get there, and he didn't say more than one word replies...

me: "so, what's the last movie you saw?"
    him: "dunno"
    me: "so what do you do for work?"
    him: " 'puters"
    me: "what's the last concert you saw?"
    him: "mmmhhumphhhhfff"
    me: "well, it was really nice meeting you" *pounds fresh beer down slams it on the bar* "see ya"

I wasn't sure if he was:
    a)nervous
    b)nervous and trying to act cool

or

c)just an asshole
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 81 wrote:
    just be what you are man - if being yourself doesn't work (whether it is cocky, nervous, shy, confident, funny, serious etc.) then move on to the next one.

thats my opinion though. and i suppose the basic rules should apply - look the person in the eye and speak up (like you are confident)
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    My deapest appologies. Didn't go back far enough. My Bad.
    Last I heard, He said never mind, Forget I wrote this. :(
    Good for you , Thoughts Arrive. It'll be fine. And again I'm Sorry.
  • 81 wrote:
    just be what you are man - if being yourself doesn't work (whether it is cocky, nervous, shy, confident, funny, serious etc.) then move on to the next one.

thats my opinion though. and i suppose the basic rules should apply - look the person in the eye and speak up (like you are confident)
    yeah...fake is fake...

you cant faking for ever..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, of course ask her out. Worst thing that could happen is her saying no.
    And no, it's not creepy just to send a message to someone. Just don't ask her out online. Remember, that pocket computer is also a telephone. Give her a call.;) Oh, and re your isolated lifestyle I just read about... just suck it up and do it and get busy living. The more people you have contact with, the higher your odds of fun shit happening to you go. Take risks.

use the telephone! Hurry up though. We are all waiting...
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    Get this, today she invited me to a movies night she organised for next week, a catch up with people she hasn't seen in ages including me. I am tentative about this as I have fallen out with some of these people.
    I texted her back and asked if she wants to catch up for coffee, she agreed and only a few mins ago via Facebook chat did we agree Wednesday night at a local cafe. Anxious has hell now.
    Wish me luck.
    My last date at this place was a disaster.
    I always fear not having things to talk about, I am a quiet guy and not a great conversationalist.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: now just relax and have fun!!!!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • tell the tomato joke from Pulp Fiction .... its a can't miss
    tell the tomato joke from Pulp Fiction .... its a can't miss

catsup!

- Christopher McCandless
  • tell the tomato joke from Pulp Fiction .... its a can't miss
    glows in the dark too!!! :P
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    tell the tomato joke from Pulp Fiction .... its a can't miss

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    good work buddy!

atta guy.....also, i'm in the camp of telling her you are nervous, if you really are. you don't wanna sit there all quiet and sweating and stuff. it could be something of an ice breaker too. make a joke about it.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Get this, today she invited me to a movies night she organised for next week, a catch up with people she hasn't seen in ages including me. I am tentative about this as I have fallen out with some of these people.
    I texted her back and asked if she wants to catch up for coffee, she agreed and only a few mins ago via Facebook chat did we agree Wednesday night at a local cafe. Anxious has hell now.
    Wish me luck.
    I always fear not having things to talk about, I am a quiet guy and not a great conversationalist.

Well done mate, I am sure you will kill it....

You can say I am a little nervous I haven't been out with a girl in ages because
    a) I was seeing men for a little while
    or
    b) I have been sorting stuff out with my place (you recently bought a place yeah?) and its just taken up so much time....

The other thing is, make sure you have things to talk about... You ask most of the questions... Check her interests on fb and casually bring one up in conversation eg

You: 'so I was watching sound of music the other day'
    Her: 'Get out of town I love sound of music'
    You: 'No you get out of town, it's my favourite.

Sound of music will probably be a good option if you selected option a above.

Best of luck buddy...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    nice job! have fun!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    nice job! have fun!
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Wish me luck.

Well done mate, I am sure you will kill it....

You can say I am a little nervous I haven't been out with a girl in ages because
    a) I was seeing men for a little while
    or
    b) I have been sorting stuff out with my place (you recently bought a place yeah?) and its just taken up so much time....

The other thing is, make sure you have things to talk about... You ask most of the questions... Check her interests on fb and casually bring one up in conversation eg

You: 'so I was watching sound of music the other day'
    Her: 'Get out of town I love sound of music'
    You: 'No you get out of town, it's my favourite.

Sound of music will probably be a good option if you selected option a above.

Best of luck buddy...

Are you Bisexual? That should really be something you bring up. I know this woman that was engaged to a man.
    They were so for about a year. They met eachothers parents, bought a place, etc. Now, he told her he really wants his boyfriend back and she needs to move out. She had no idea he was homosexual before this. There is 6 months left on the lease. So much tension, neither will budge.

Dude? OP? Tell the thread....
  • The date got moved to tonight. Rushed home from work, shaved, dressed nice and freshened up. She suggested tonight but was still ok with tomorrow. Less than 1 hr to go. Wish me luck! We are dining as well.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Oh Hell!
    Now I have to wait till later?

I hope it goes well
    (I doubt it, but I'm a pessimist)

GOOD things? ;););)
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    The date got moved to tonight. Rushed home from work, shaved, dressed nice and freshened up. She suggested tonight but was still ok with tomorrow. Less than 1 hr to go. Wish me luck! We are dining as well.

Go get em tiger.. .this is a great result... hope to hear positive things soon :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • The date got moved to tonight. Rushed home from work, shaved, dressed nice and freshened up. She suggested tonight but was still ok with tomorrow. Less than 1 hr to go. Wish me luck! We are dining as well.
    enjoy!!have fun,relax ,be yourself...
    When ya sit down at the dinner table..
    Gaze in to her eyes...
    Lean over, and whisper into her ear...

GOD DAMN YOU HAVE NICE TITS!!!!!!

It works everytime!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....