Should I ask her out?

Comments

• so anyone care to give me the short version of this?
    She asked him out.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • so anyone care to give me the short version of this?
    She asked him out.

wow. impressive 15 pages of speculating whether he should ask and she pulled the reverse option.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,426
    edited January 2013
    so anyone care to give me the short version of this?
    She asked him out.

wow. impressive 15 pages of speculating whether he should ask and she pulled the reverse option.
    But now HE is wondering how long he should wait, until he contacts HER for date #2.

Facsinating stuff!

:P
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • wow. impressive 15 pages of speculating whether he should ask and she pulled the reverse option.[/quote]
    But know HE is wondering how long he should wait, until he contacts HER for date #2.

Facsinating stuff!

:P[/quote]

Not that I know anything, but if someone that I liked enough to the point to ask the internet whether I should ask them out, pulled the reverse, I'd contact her pronto, but then again what do I know.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • tallman72tallman72 Posts: 353
    quote]Only contact we have is occasional Facebook chat.[[/quote]

you said this on your first post on 19/1/13 and now 4 days later she has asked you out.

im just wondering if she is a member on this forum as well because its a really uncanny lol
  • 81 wrote:
    8-)

i'm glad you had a great time.

but i also want to be on record here...

the next time you are stressing over asking a girl out or not, think about tonight and think about the good time you would have missed....
    +1

good work my friend! ..... tell me you used the tomato joke??? :)

Thank you :D
    Don't know what the tomato joke is :?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • tallman72 wrote:
    quote]Only contact we have is occasional Facebook chat.[

you said this on your first post on 19/1/13 and now 4 days later she has asked you out.

im just wondering if she is a member on this forum as well because its a really uncanny lol[/quote]

She invited me and many others out to the movies. Not exactly asking me out I'd say.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • wow. impressive 15 pages of speculating whether he should ask and she pulled the reverse option.
    But know HE is wondering how long he should wait, until he contacts HER for date #2.

Facsinating stuff!

:P[/quote]

Not that I know anything, but if someone that I liked enough to the point to ask the internet whether I should ask them out, pulled the reverse, I'd contact her pronto, but then again what do I know.[/quote]

She invited me to a movie night along with others. She has always invited me to events but me being a hermit I declined always.
  • But now HE is wondering how long he should wait, until he contacts HER for date #2.

Facsinating stuff!

Already suggested a second date to her. She seems keen on that judging by her reply text.
  • Don't know what the tomato joke is :?
    if it gets quiet or you get stuck - use the tomato joke .... here it is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrGeOHpEGk0
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    But now HE is wondering how long he should wait, until he contacts HER for date #2.

Facsinating stuff!

Already suggested a second date to her. She seems keen on that judging by her reply text.
    Which was?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157

Facsinating stuff!

Which was?

I'd like to know how a bunch of people can cath up at a movie?
  • But now HE is wondering how long he should wait, until he contacts HER for date #2.

Facsinating stuff!

Which was?

I just suggested we catch up again. Didn't suggest anything in particular. Will call to do that soon. Not sure if I should do that before or after Mondays group movie night. Don't want to rush it and come of as desperate.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I just suggested we catch up again. Didn't suggest anything in particular. Will call to do that soon. Not sure if I should do that before or after Mondays group movie night. Don't want to rush it and come of as desperate.
    Before.
    ELITIST FUK
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    SD48277 wrote:
    Before.

REst your soul OP! Is she worth this?
    I need a Lobotomy ... about now :lol:
    IS she what you had thought ?
    pm.. I'm interested

I see a book to be written :geek:
  • donnaruhl wrote:

I'd like to know how a bunch of people can cath up at a movie?

I don't know. Wasn't my idea. I am not a movie fan.
  • SD48277 wrote:
    Before.

Just concerned I won't have anything new to talk about as we already covered many topics the other night. As I have posted earlier I am not a good conversationalist.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    SD48277 wrote:
    Before.

Just concerned I won't have anything new to talk about as we already covered many topics the other night. As I have posted earlier I am not a good conversationalist.
    Is there some event happening in your area that you are interested in checking out? An art exhibit, maybe? Or is there something she is interested in checking out?
    ELITIST FUK
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I would set it up before the movie night, for after movie night.

Say you have other plans for movie night.
    Give up, DOOde!

I see nothing great to come from this.

Go meet a chick at a PJ show... at least you will have one thing in common.

:mrgreen:
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Give up, DOOde!

Of course something great can come of this. Whether it is with this girl or not. Say nothing does come of this, you will get better at talking to girls and going on dates. Knowing that a girl has liked you should give you confidence. If one girl has, then there is bound to be more girls.

As for talking, things come up... if she is easy to talk to things will flow...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Give up, DOOde!

Of course something great can come of this. Whether it is with this girl or not. Say nothing does come of this, you will get better at talking to girls and going on dates. Knowing that a girl has liked you should give you confidence. If one girl has, then there is bound to be more girls.

As for talking, things come up... if she is easy to talk to things will flow...

dating is crazy, or so I am told,
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    MayDay10 wrote:

GENIUS move right here.

this could all fall apart, in the op's head at least, at movie night with the rest of the group who may be more talkative and stuff.

heed this advice, thoughtsarrive.
    www.myspace.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    MayDay10 wrote:

GENIUS move right here.

this could all fall apart, in the op's head at least, at movie night with the rest of the group who may be more talkative and stuff.

heed this advice, thoughtsarrive.
    yeah, its a strange dynamic that cant/wont do you any good at this point. You want to focus on the girl and dont really care about the other people, and she will likely want to mingle with everyone.
    The only way it would be positive is if you go, and really get in and be visibly good/be likeable/engaging to the others, without paying all that much attention to her. You said you arent the biggest extrovert (Im the same way), so its tough.
    If you dont go, it also provides the perception that you have other shit going on, and your time is too important to share your time with everyone else with this girl you may or may not be interested in (at this point). Its also good to leave a shred of doubt with a female you are courting instead of giving signals like you are 100% interested in only her.
    If she kind of poo poos/sidesteps on your next "date" proposition, you may have to go to movie night for a hail mary.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Yeah, I agree you should try asking her out alone again instead of waiting for movie night.
    As for not being a good conversationalist... why not? Is it that you can't think of anything to say at the moment, feel uncomfortable saying what you're thinking about, or you don't have anything going on in your brain? If it's the former two, sounds like you just need to be comfortable and relax.... if the latter... well... you might want to give up.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    no. run away. far away.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    maybe she invited him to movie night with "her" friends to see if they like him, or to see how well he gets along with her friends.

Secret Girl Tip: we like to 'test' you out to see if our friends like you, if they do...you are golden.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    RKCNDY wrote:
    maybe she invited him to movie night with "her" friends to see if they like him, or to see how well he gets along with her friends.

Secret Girl Tip: we like to 'test' you out to see if our friends like you, if they do...you are golden.
    :shock: I knew it :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • She invited me to the movie night before our date.
    I already know these people going to the movie night and I don't have anything in common with them. Add to that I don't particularly like some of these people they are immature tools. Not keen on going.

She is nice and talkative but I wasn't 100% sold on her because:
    * admitted to me during the date she never cooks and cannot cook, I need someone I can settle down with and I won't have to do all the cooking.
    * Not to sound mean but she isn't as articulate as me and I don't feel she is on the same level intellectually, not saying she is stupid but I just felt more mature during conversation.
    * I don't like her friends and her uncle and cousins (we had a fall out over some lies they spread about me and my family)
    * I am friends with her brother but we haven't seen each other in a long time.

Don't know what to do, feel like keeping it as friends only even though she is attractive and probably likes me.
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I agree you should try asking her out alone again instead of waiting for movie night.
    As for not being a good conversationalist... why not? Is it that you can't think of anything to say at the moment, feel uncomfortable saying what you're thinking about, or you don't have anything going on in your brain? If it's the former two, sounds like you just need to be comfortable and relax.... if the latter... well... you might want to give up.

Yeah I can't think of what to say.