Should I ask her out?

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I've known her for a long time but haven't seen her in a very long time.
Only contact we have is occasional Facebook chat.
She invited me last year to a dinner she organised but due to falling out with some of the other guests I didn't go.
Last year when she invited me she said it's been a long time since she's seen me and thought she'd invite me.
I kind of got a feeling all these years she had a crush on me to, just some of the things she would do....
I have always had a crush on her but didn't go further because am/was friends with her brother (he's kinda disappeared so not sure if he is mad at me and doesn't want to be my friend no more) and going out with a friends sister is a big no no.

Should I just take a brave chance and ask her via Facebook if she wants to catch up over coffee?
Or should I wait until we chat next online and ask her then instead of just randomly messaging her online?
Would it be creepy just to message her when she isn't online?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    She invited me last year to a dinner she organised but due to falling out with some of the other guests I didn't go.
    Last year when she invited me she said it's been a long time since she's seen me and thought she'd invite me.
    I kind of got a feeling all these years she had a crush on me to, just some of the things she would do....
    I have always had a crush on her but didn't go further because am/was friends with her brother (he's kinda disappeared so not sure if he is mad at me and doesn't want to be my friend no more) and going out with a friends sister is a big no no.

Should I just take a brave chance and ask her via Facebook if she wants to catch up over coffee?
    Or should I wait until we chat next online and ask her then instead of just randomly messaging her online?

how often do you chat online?
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    on second thought, yes, and do it right now
  • rollings wrote:

how often do you chat online?

Every so often, not daily or weekly.
    If I see her online I will initiate the conversation, she is rarely on chat and when she is she is busy, she never initiates online chat so I doubt she is into me at times, confusing.
    However she would always be happy seeing me in person. :?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Yep! Go for it!
  • I've typed up my message but too chicken shit to hit the send button.
    I've always chickened out in life when it comes to girls. :fp:
    I guess that is what an anxiety disorder does to the mind.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    better to regret asking and her saying no, then to regret not asking her and never knowing.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    I've typed up my message but too chicken shit to hit the send button.

You just asked her out to coffee for catching up right?

Hit the send button

bullshit, hit that send button!
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • I've typed up my message but too chicken shit to hit the send button.

Hit the send button

Coffee or after work drinks seeing we work around the city or do something at a mall.

Hit the send button

Coffee or after work drinks seeing we work around the city or do something at a mall.

PERFECT

Send away
  • the wolf wrote:
    better to regret asking and her saying no, then to regret not asking her and never knowing.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • the wolf wrote:

I know I know, I always wonder I might miss a golden opportunity here, she is very attractive.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814

Can you use GTALK? It's better. Green means GO.
    My brother told his friends DON'T EVEN LOOK AT MY SISTER! I would ask your friend. Personally, I would never date my little brothers friends, I'm just polite to them. But, every situation is unique.
  • Yeah it might backfire, her brother might want to punch my head in.
    But he has known me for a long time, he knows I am no creep and would treat her good.
    I am surprised she has been single all this time, she is 25.
    I also didn't think a relationship would work back then, she is big on partying, I just want to settle down and do chilled out 28 yr old things.
    Yeah it might backfire, her brother might want to punch my head in.
    But he has known me for a long time, he knows I am no creep and would treat her good.
    I am surprised she has been single all this time, she is 25.
    I also didn't think a relationship would work back then, she is big on partying, I just want to settle down and do chilled out 28 yr old things.

Just do it man. For real, the brother will understand.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Pics?

I'd wait till she was online and then ask her then, but i would ask her.

Either way, no risk no reward.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Only downside she is a RnB chick lol
  • 81 wrote:
    Pics?

I'd wait till she was online and then ask her then, but i would ask her.

You think it'd be creepy if she wasn't online or..?
    ASK HER BROTHER, FIRST.

Siblings are honest and very direct, usually.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Sound's to me that yuo're weighing out the odd's by explaining the why I shouldn't.I think Wolf was right, You'll never know either way unless you ask.It's all casual. Now had you asked her years ago when you had the crush on her it probably would have scared you for some time. So just hit send. :)
  • donnaruhl wrote:
    Sound's to me that yuo're weighing out the odd's by explaining the why I shouldn't.I think Wolf was right, You'll never know either way unless you ask.It's all casual. Now had you asked her years ago when you had the crush on her it probably would have scared you for some time. So just hit send. :)

Held onto how I feel from her for a long time.
    Kept it locked in me.
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    ASK HER BROTHER, FIRST.

Siblings are honest and very direct, usually.

If it's just a catch up over coffee or whatever it's not like I am going out with her right?
    If it were to go to another level then I'd tell her brother.
    edited January 2013
    I suppose Female opinions don't count.

:roll:

Just Coffee!
    But The Bro is your friend... If it goes farther. Just ask him. She could be a flake?
    Casual.
    PM if it goes nutz
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Only downside she is a RnB chick lol

You are telling us about the con's but you're not telling us the pro's. You need to weight this out in your own mind.
    What do you have in common?
    If the brother is sort of out of the picture, fuck him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Who cares, this isnt about a wedding, its about going on a date
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Ask her!
    ELITIST FUK
  • I think I'm probably as chicken as you, but there's no harm in going out for coffee. I don't think I'd worry about the brother either unless he's super defensive about her.
    81 wrote:
    Who cares, this isnt about a wedding, its about going on a date

This.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    I suppose Female opinions don't count.

:roll:

Just Coffee!
    But The Bro is your friend... If it goes farther. Just ask him. She could be a flake?
    Casual.
    PM if it goes nutz

I haven't spoken to her brother in over a year now, wouldn't say he's a friend if he's stopped calling me.
    I didn't say your opinion don't count, I just disagree sorry.