Options

Thanks 10C, But I Don't Gamble.

Comments

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    choop wrote:

it shouldn't take you longer to buy tickets than the length of the event the tickets are for.

:lol:

wow... never even thought of it like that before...

now i really feel like an idiot taking a day off work to hit f5

:fp:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    shep wrote:
    choop wrote:

it shouldn't take you longer to buy tickets than the length of the event the tickets are for.

wow... never even thought of it like that before...

now i really feel like an idiot taking a day off work to hit f5

:fp:
    :lol: we all are
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I didn't say it entitles me to anything. I was just answering your question. I also think it's a valid feeling for folks to have. But, even that does not indiate anyone feels they are entitled to anything.

Alright fair enough. I definitely agree with you that frustration is a fair emotion to have over not getting tickets to your hometown show... it's definitely on the same level of frustration I feel about PJ playing 1 show in the state of Texas in the last decade.

I guess I just don't appreciate being blamed for people not being able to go to the show because myself (and others) are traveling there to see it. I love and want to see the band as much as you guys do... and it doesn't feel great being told that you're part of the reason that someone else can't go to a show...

make sense?

And my apologies about not particularly wanted to go to Kansas City, Virgina Beach, or Atlanta, but if i'm going to travel I'm going to go the places that interest my most, and unfortunately for other PJ fans, that's the northeast (but that should give you some pride at the same time). There's just more stuff I want to do and see in Philly, Boston, NYC... and if i'm spending my vacation time..... well...

either way, i'm indifferent about the ticket distribution method... yes i feel that after years worth of practice on 10C's current system I have a bit of an advantage over your average ticket buyer (who's not posting a dozen messages on the board a week and paying attention to everything)... however... at least this way I won't waste a day of my life getting frustrated with the server and my computer and getting all worked up trying to get tickets...

and either way, there's always another way to find tickets....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    so pissed that I missed out on Uranus tix....really wanted to explore new territories
  • Options
    55 MA Posts: 157
    I still miss my front row seats.....boy I miss those being 5'2 but at least I don't have to take a day off of work or risk getting fired to try and get 10C tickets anymore.....If I am meant to get 10C tickets I will if not well at least I got somewhat of a chance.

I have not had luck getting fan club tickets for a while now so having a 4xxx number has done me no good since 2008. I still went to shows since then and when I got locked out of tickets for PJ20 that crushed me but I bought sucky tickets and went anyway. I was there. So ya win some and you lose some but no one can take away the memories of all the awesome shows I have seen. So I got that going for me which is nice! No complaints here about the lottery at least maybe once in a while I will get them and stand proud in the third row once again!
    8-) Yes, I am old and this is one of the few good things about being old that I have a great fan club number everything else about getting old just sucks most of the time. :corn:
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    derbydave wrote:
    october22 wrote:
    I, like many of you, am only in this fan club for tickets.
    I'm so sorry that you feel this way...being a 10 Club member is so much more
    than just getting tickets to shows.
    The friends and relationships I've made here on the forum are worth 10 times more than any ticket
    I have purchased.
    :ugeek:

+1
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    5 wrote:
    so having a 4xxx number
    Im sure people get jealous of that number!!!
    doesnt count for us at europe,cos of GA Shows
    i dont know how many people has a better number than you and are still members!!congrats!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    derbydave wrote:
    october22 wrote:
    I, like many of you, am only in this fan club for tickets.
    I'm so sorry that you feel this way...being a 10 Club member is so much more
    than just getting tickets to shows.
    The friends and relationships I've made here on the forum are worth 10 times more than any ticket
    I have purchased.
    :ugeek:

8 Pearl Jam shows. No 10c tickets. I guess I'm not in the 10c for tickets.....

The only 10c tickets I've bought was for EV last year.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    The scalpers will make a killing everytime now.

Why?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    these threads are staggering.

People seem to fail to see that they are not making these changes for fun. Something had to change and they are doing their best to make it that little bit fairer on all.

There will be always be a contingent in every walk of life that resists change
  • Options
    Ok here is where I come in. The majority of the posts I've read here, most of the people are in the north east or Midwest or wherever the fuck. You people have been to countless shows.
    Try living in Canada where the band never plays and when they do its either 1 show or 2. Rarely do we get the Canadian tour ya 2005 and 2011. This fucking band could sell out any rink in the country for a month straight.
    Tickets are in high demand up here and you have to travel to see the shows. The whole fucking east coast could fit in Alberta pretty near.

And Another thing, quit hogging all the good seats all the time
    The new system sucks, the old system sucks.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Ok here is where I come in. The majority of the posts I've read here, most of the people are in the north east or Midwest or wherever the fuck. You people have been to countless shows.
    Try living in Canada where the band never plays and when they do its either 1 show or 2. Rarely do we get the Canadian tour ya 2005 and 2011. This fucking band could sell out any rink in the country for a month straight.
    Tickets are in high demand up here and you have to travel to see the shows. The whole fucking east coast could fit in Alberta pretty near.

And Another thing, quit hogging all the good seats all the time
    The new system sucks, the old system sucks.

They probably couldn't sell any arena in Canada for a month straight and even though the east coast of the US might fit in Alberta the population of Alberta is roughly 3.7 million. Just the population of NYC alone is 8.2 million. Just sayin.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    This fucking band could sell out any rink in the country

Any "rink" in the country?? Honestly, could Canadians be any cuter? They're like the Hobbits of North America.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    I'm sorry but you just lost your "post of the year" chicken finger award.

sorry.

and yes...tag should be banned in the playground! children could get hurt ya know.

when the vedder tix were sold via lottery, I was thrilled. It was effortless and STRESSLESS, which made it priceless. well, unless you won. but then that was good.

So, one could press F5 all day and STILL not get tickets.

The lottery is the same thing, but without the stress, hours and lost wages even.
  • Options
    Hey Americans.

Pearl Jam has played a total of 51? or so shows in the USA since 2007.
    The LEAST of your worries is the lottery system.
    I really dont think you need to get bent out of shape about MAYBE not being able to go to multiple shows.

Good Morning!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    MG79478 wrote:
    So it would be more fair and easy to handle university admissions by lottery? I mean, why should the kid who studied hard have an advantage over the guy who didn't want to "waste his time" working towards a goal he sorta wants?

its 10c tix for a rock show,for fan club member that pays the same money to have the same chances to score tix..we arent running for president here..or need to show my biography to get a job
    Everyone did have the same opportunity to buy tickets. In life you can’t guarantee equal outcome, only equal opportunity… and that is what we had. If multiple people want something (job, tickets, admission to a school), it should go to the person who wanted it the most, and put in the most time and effort. It's the modern day version of waiting in line all night for tickets; people should be rewarded for their time and effort. It’s a slippery slope to draw a line and say that one thing (tickets) is below it, but another (a job) is above it. That line will start to creep up over time, and nothing good will come from it.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    pearljam.com/feedback

is a probably THE place to voice your concerns, complaints, or kudos on this issue without the sidetalk.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:
    So it would be more fair and easy to handle university admissions by lottery? I mean, why should the kid who studied hard have an advantage over the guy who didn't want to "waste his time" working towards a goal he sorta wants?

its 10c tix for a rock show,for fan club member that pays the same money to have the same chances to score tix..we arent running for president here..or need to show my biography to get a job
    Everyone did have the same opportunity to buy tickets. In life you can’t guarantee equal outcome, only equal opportunity… and that is what we had. If multiple people want something (job, tickets, admission to a school), it should go to the person who wanted it the most, and put in the most time and effort. It's the modern day version of waiting in line all night for tickets; people should be rewarded for their time and effort. It’s a slippery slope to draw a line and say that one thing (tickets) is below it, but another (a job) is above it. That line will start to creep up over time, and nothing good will come from it.
    no need to reward any efford..
    i pay my membership for have chance to score tix,i dont need to loose a whole day,cursing and sweating in from of a computer..
    anyway,sorry,this is old news now..lottery is the system the tix will be sold from now on
    the conversation matters now,is how they will do the details of the lottery so the system will work as best as possible
  • Options
    is this thread serious? This has to be a joke, right? People are comparing shows to a concert to college admission? This is pure comedy.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    is this thread serious? This has to be a joke, right? People are comparing shows to a concert to college admission? This is pure comedy.
    im trying to explain it with my poor greekglish,seems cant do anything..
    some people they will not change their mind..they even didnt read the email about the draw..
    just complaining or disagree
  • Options
    bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    This was a test.... From said test they could be pulling a lot of different data. No one knows its all speculation.
    Perhaps they are looking at how many members went in for tickets to possibly open up a larger pool for 10C seats so no one gets shut out.... Again Anything and Everything is speculation..... Since they ran the test three ways.
    No point in worrying about it. Can only wait and see what happens.

What I DO know is that 10c and PearlJam have always done everything for their fans. Lucky to have been to more shows than some not as many as others. I have been treated exceptionally well over the years. As a result I have had many amazing experiences and memories. I still can't thank PJ enough...will never be able to thank then enough.

All I can do is hope for the best and fingers crossed tickets will come my way and yours too.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    bionicamy wrote:
    Perhaps they are looking at how many members went in for tickets to possibly open up a larger pool for 10C seats so no one gets shut out....

Good luck with that!

While PJ's ticketing system may have changed, Ticketmaster's monopoly certainly hasn't.

Fat chance they are going to be willing to share any of their pie.

But I suppose "it never hurts to ask"... :lol: :fp:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    bionicamy wrote:
    This was a test.... From said test they could be pulling a lot of different data. No one knows its all speculation.
    Perhaps they are looking at how many members went in for tickets to possibly open up a larger pool for 10C seats so no one gets shut out.... Again Anything and Everything is speculation..... Since they ran the test three ways.

What I DO know is that 10c and PearlJam have always done everything for their fans. Lucky to have been to more shows than some not as many as others. I have been treated exceptionally well over the years. As a result I have had many amazing experiences and memories. I still can't thank PJ enough...will never be able to thank then enough.

All I can do is hope for the best and fingers crossed tickets will come my way and yours too.

Its this, that is why they are reading the threads and asked for feedback- let them know what you think, good and bad, and what your think would work
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    bionicamy wrote:

Its this, that is why they are reading the threads and asked for feedback- let them know what you think, good and bad, and what your think would work
    i have to say,by reading you ,you are a voice of reason here,all this time we talking about it..
  • Options
    wtf5?
  • Options
    If I can't get tickets I might just attend the "Pre Show" meet up then stand on line and mingle with the fans and go home when the show starts.

I do enjoy meeting other fans.

The business side of the experience can be a bit much.
    Hold On
  • Options
    rollings wrote:
    wtf5?
  • Options
    i will miss the days of F5
    i loved how it worked for me...almost every-time

good luck new yorkers :lol::lol:
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    edited January 2013
    ...........deleted. Sometimes it's just not worth it.
    Post edited by october22 on